What's the best performance orientated naturally aspirated V6?

What's the best performance orientated naturally aspirated V6?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PWTcPS1gJE
youtube.com/watch?v=0fID1RnrTxs
accufabracing.com/accufab-mustang
youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4
youtube.com/watch?v=3iuKYKwRvcU
youtube.com/watch?v=LW3CGi2yRRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

KLZE

Toyota 3.5l

3.6L Camaro (335bhp)
3.8L Genesis Coupe (348bhp)
3.7L 370Z (350bhp)

If I wanted reliability, I'd probably look into the Toyota 2GR 3.5L

AJ30 v6

Two v6s grafted together.

Has anyone tried turboing an SHO v6?

VQ37VHR

6G7 series

There's no definitive best, but there's some decent ones to look for:

Nissan:
VQ35HR/VQ37HR

Mazda:
KL-ZE

GM:
LQ1
LGX

Ford/Yamaha
SHO 3.0L/3.2L

yes. shosource even offers a turbo kit.
youtube.com/watch?v=_PWTcPS1gJE

No. Fuck off. The Mitsubishi ones were shit-tier.

The Cologne Cosworth engines but most colognes were utilitarian in nature, at least the ones in larger displacements.

New Camaro V6 sounds very nice.

My ranger's cologne V6 farts out 160 horsepower with 4 liters of displacement, are we talking about the same engine?

>performance
>N/A
>V6
Pick one

Fuck off, Veeky Forums would cream themselves if Toyota shipped the gt86 with a 2GR-FSE

VR6

It also farts out 225 torque lol

not the best performance oriented

but deffinately the best sounding 6 cylinder of them all.

>inb4 i6 and S54 babbies crying that their metallic screech machine sounds good

C32B

Soichiro my son...

U wot m8.

Everyone knows the best sounding V6 is the busso.

>but deffinately the best sounding 6 cylinder of them all.
Giuseppe Busso would like to disagree with you there.

Man, have an old M3 and it's such a fucking noisy engine. Not good noise, but the kind of noise that makes you nervous unless you know better.

That being said, performance wise it's hands down one of the best out there. This is, however, a thread about v6 not i6. For v6 usually lean towards Nissan, but there's a lot on offer out there and there's always pros and cons for each.

Protip: to eliminate frightening stock sound of s54, simply get exhaust loud enough to mask it :^)

A v8

This. Fuck V6s, just get an LS. Much more power, better sound, more reliable and infinitely more torque.

>pushrods
>2 valves per cylinder
>only 6000 revs

no

>>pushrods
More compact than DOHC
valves per cylinder
Still plenty of airflow, also simplicity
>>only 6000 revs
And all of them usable because torque

Aggressive v8 exhaust note frightens millennials

NSX C30 and C32

Why would anyone use anything other than an LS for their swaps?

I prefer the exhaust note of higher revving euro v8s. American engines sound so unrefined and agricultural.

t. millennial faggot

Porsche engines sound like tractors.

same reason some people are born gay; low intelligence.

What's it like to know most of your life is over, boomer?

Funny every LS easily revs over 6000. Just get some better valve springs and you can go over 7000 if your camshaft it spec'd right to make power at that level. Pretty simple faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=0fID1RnrTxs

doesn't sound like any tractor I've ever heard

Only 7000? that's fucking pathetic. Ferrari V8s rev to 9000 without any modification.

And they fucking have to, because that's the only part of the rev range where they make any power whatsoever. No torque.

That's totally wrong. The 458 has 80% of it's torque available at 3,250 rpm. It's a far better engine than anything the fat rednecks in Kentucky could put together.

80% of nothing is still nothing

Ah yes, the Busso V6. I expressed some interest in a mid-eighties Alfa GTV6 and the owner let me start it up and rev it. It sounded amazing.

398 foot pounds sounds pretty good to me. The 458's replacement the 488 has 561, so quite a bit more torque than any production chevy v8

That's why I said the larger ones are utilitarian, I have the same 4.0 in my Ranger and it's good for a truck but cosworth made a 2.9L version way back when that was supposed to be pretty good.

The 488 uses two turbos. Put two of those on an LS and see what happens.

Lol less than even a camaro.

661 hp out of a 3.9L engine is damn impressive

>"""""less power"""""
>still faster

And it'll blow up if you look at it wrong. I'd rather have an understressed LS.

Sounds like Mohammad in his riced out, straight piped G35/G37. Most people don't run exhausts like on their Porsche's and they sound like shit from the factory. The flat 6 belongs in planes.

>cast iron block
>forged crank and connecting rods from the factory
>oil squirting jets for each piston
>not performance oriented

Bolt on 3.7 mustangs and 370zs make about 320rwhp. (fully bolt on, stock is closer to 260+?)

That means CAI, possibly tb/intake manifold, headers, x pipe and mufflers. And tune.

Not sure if they all get it, but 2015-2017 cyclone v6s get forged steel crank and rods. A turbo, or even pistons can turn these things into real sleepers. The camaro v6 probably makes similar power. I know the mustang 3.7 usually peaks power by 5k and holds it flat to 7k, works well with the gearing.

Most people don't build these up N/A, but I'd imagine if you cammed them, added some compression, CNCd the heads, maybe stroked them, you should get 360-400rwhp. Not bad. Of course v8s have been doing that forever but they usually weigh more. Newer v8s are back on top though, look what happens when you put DOHC on a v8. 5.0s have been making 430rwhp bolt on with stock 11:1 CR since 2011. 2018 gets DI, combine that with a cam and we should see literally 500rwhp from cam only mustangs.

Anyone know how to get the runners this shiny? Is it chromed or polished aluminum? I'm down to 150 grit sandpaper but even if I go 200 to a 1000 to a 2000 grit I don't think it will be enough. I have 3m polishing compound at work and a big ass rat tail polisher.

Like faggots coming out of the closet, LS cucks are disgusting

Ford Duratecs are breddy gud eh?

the LS is a pretty god tier engine

probably the only good thing GM has made in decades

VQ35DE REV-UP

Reminder no LS can run 5's
accufabracing.com/accufab-mustang

Whereas even a 4.6L modular makes 80% of its torque by 1000rpm.

The 3.6L V6 in the Camaro is actually pretty excellent.

youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4

I'd buy a V6 1LE if I didn't already have a new car.

Top tier pretension

had a vulcan for a long time
fucking indestructible, albeit anemic

GM btfo

Did someone ask for 305 Ft/lbs of torque N/A?

>Torque
>Relevant

Dorito detected

my fellow 90s mitsu nigga.

horsepower sells cars
torque wins races

Yes which is why all racecars have marine turbodiesels

>Being this autistic

nice!

>being this in denial

This guy here
Responding to this guy. NICE. ITB is always most correct!

EZ36R

thats a ford twin cam gaa cosworth.
youtube.com/watch?v=3iuKYKwRvcU

vr6

d-do i fit in g-guys?

???

>What is a fully dressed engine with all accessories vs a no accessory long block

S54B32 also fuck Vs, inline for life.

180 degree V6

>inline for life.

>Non of that transverse goodness

Dunno about you but i like my torque steered

Whichever one doesn't sound like shit. Which is a pretty tall order since most V6s sound absolutely disgusting.

Examples:
>Mustang
>Camaro
>Genesis coupe
my ears bleed at the sound of these.
>370z
meh tier sound at best

Pretty sure this one's a flat six
A 180° V6 would have two oppposing pistons on the same crank pin, whereas in the Mezger engines they are 180° apart

Pic related

It's not exactly "performance orientated" but the 3.8 Lambda loves to rev and put out power.

so which engine is closest to the porsche?
>The large-volume flat-six naturally aspirated engine sits right at the back of the new 911 R. Its high-performance unit delivers an impressive maximum engine speed of 8,800 rpm. With its 4-liter displacement it delivers 500 hp, corresponding to an output of 125 hp per liter. The maximum torque is 339 lb.-ft.

even race v6 make less power this engine. it makes more power than the 5.0 ford block can handle...

>even race v6 make less power this engine.
gee I wonder why? Oh that's right. Rules.
youtube.com/watch?v=LW3CGi2yRRE

and yet gm has never won lemans

>winning a class is somehow winning overall
Come back when they win overall in one of the LMP classes... or even make an attempt.
GM at least attempted. Ford pussied out.

>500hp

HAHAHAH

You can get more than from a NA LS engine. Porsche engines are weak as fuck and sound like shit.

Stay assmad cuck

GM has never ever won LeMans

>rides a bicycle
opinion discarded

>Is a faggot
Do I need to say more?

>Sucks cock

Stay assmad cuck

God my ass hurts after taking literal miles of cock. My teeth feel lose after sucking so many hard cocks holy shit please fuck me

I fuck myself with 1 inch replicas of Donald Trump's micropenis

this. pretty good engine desu

3800 Series GM bullet proof God v6 engines

good for reliability and going from A to B
Absolute shit for everything else though.
You want a GM pushrod V6 to make power with, get a 3100/3400/3500/3900. They'll make power more efficiently with the same mods. As a bonus, they don't sound like ass when you're done either.