Will upgrading my suspension make a difference in driving my volvo c30?

will upgrading my suspension make a difference in driving my volvo c30?

if so, which do I get? i know nothing about them

Nah, get better tires instead.

What do you want out of your car?

Suspension makes a huge difference. However, you're going about it all wrong.
The first thing you should do is pick out some aftermarket wheels and tires.
Pick wheels large enough to clear any aftermarket big brake kit you want to add, if you plan to. 17" or 18" are usually the recommended sizes for big brake kits.
Tires will make the single biggest difference. Get some grippy performance tires (examples: Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar, or Michelin Pilot Supersport). These will generally be summer only tires, so if you live in a climate where it snows, keep the OEM wheels with a set of snow tires in the garage somewhere to immediately change them when the season hits.

It will probably make it handle worse and feel worse.

Once this is done, THEN go for the suspension. performance shocks and lowering springs or full blown coilovers, your choice.
Then look at thicker sway bars, and chassis braces.

Basically this. Take a wheels-in approach. Upgrade stuff closest to the road first.

DESU, sway bars will help you out much more before coilovers in my opinion.

okay thanks. where should I look first?

do i look at brands? i never really upgraded cars before.

I personally would look at tire rack and see what they have if only to get a general idea of what you need.
My only warning about wheels is to avoid Rota.
Wheel brands I recommend: SSR, Ray's, Gram Lights, O.Z. Racing, Enkei, 5Zigen, and Volk. That's off the top of my head. There's more brands out there, but those are the most well known. When it comes to wheels, remember: You get what you pay for. Do not cheap out. This is a safety issue.

thanks, but how do I know what will look good on my car? is there a site I can look at a gallery with certain wheels?

Tirerack.com has a thing to let you see the wheels on your car. Pick your year, make, model, and color, and it will give you an idea of how they look.

You want to make sure that you get wheels that are the right lug pattern, if you don't know then you can just google it. As for tires, just do your research and find a decent set of summer performance tires. It seems a lot of people these days are liking Michelins, but unless you're pushing the tires to their limit there isn't a huge difference between the bigger brands so most people just kind of pick one and stick with it for familiarity's sake, for example I'm a big BFGoodrich fan. It's also worth mentioning that while car guys love to shag off all-season tires since they used to be pretty shit, modern performance all seasons have improved a lot, so if you live somewhere that doesn't have rough winters you can look into getting a pair of those as your only set of tires if you're really only interested in doing street driving.

Go on the forums for your car and search around see what other havr and what size and offset fit

this is the big problem with upgrading cars, and many will disagree with me.

but if you wanted to upgrade your computer, you can see fps increases, memory increases, actually measurable results

car upgrades are the way of fitness, where you have lots of bros telling you whats good or not and its sort of an arms race, that you have to invest money in seeing photos of another persons ride to see if you will like it or not.

keep it stock.

It's a universally known fact that BBS wheels look good on literally everything. If you can't decide, go with those.

And if you can't find BBS wheels, SSR makes these beautiful looking replicas called the SSR Formula Mesh.

Meshes look hella dated, my dude.

there are some oem wheels

KILL THE BLASPHEMER!

No, it's a timeless, classic look. It's not a matter of opinion, it's an objective fact.

Only if you get a legit good set that had tens of thousands miles of R&D. Which is usually not the case. Often times after market suspension just ruins the handling characteristics. Just get a good set of tires instead.

These kits need many things to accompany them to be beneficial:

Stabilizers
Sway bars
More negative camber
Toe angle adjustments
and other things that ruin daily drivability