Hollow Knight

Steal Soul Edition

If you don't get a (You) then you can never post again.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1pyR3rCSwp5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can someone please help me:

>first for Bro

Got the mantis claws, where do I go next?

Always end up posting questions at the same time the new threads pop up

W-what happens to him afterwards? When I returned all that was left was his sword, did he drown himself or something or just wandered off somewhere.

I love this game. However, sometimes I get a little tired of these "everything is going wrong and you're going to be sad no matter what" plot lines with all this hidden lore. It's so hard to continue forward when I can't even imagine is going to happen to all the cute little grubs I've been rescuing. My crossroads got infected randomly and I immediately went to their room thinking I was going to have to kill them all since they were sick now. My heart can't take all the let down and disappoint.

I'm waiting for the Switch version!!!

>He compliments you
>Then say he really like how quietly I take his praises

I hope you took your time before getting up.

So, I just got to Colosseum for the first time, but I went kinda out of the way and did Deepnest and some other things without finding the upgraded nail and what not by accident, completely overlooked City of Tears.

Finally got to the Colosseum, but I heard there was some kinda of problem going on in there, can someone clarify?

Either City of Tears (last place you saw Hornet) or Deepnest (After the Mantis Boss).

I recommend going to the Deepnest, getting the Tram Pass, then going to the City of Tears.

He quit the warrior life.
After Teacher events, his memories got back and his age.
Prob dead is also an ending for him

>I can't even imagine is going to happen to all the cute little grubs I've been rescuing.
They get a happy ending, kinda.

Just finished everything. I didn't want it to end.

>Hornet_Room
wait whaat

>Mantis boss

There's a boss for this area? Where?

just ignore him when you see him being chewed on and come back later attack mask to trigger

Who's this dude? I don't think I've ever found him and I've already been to blue lake.

That's hilarious.
Where is it?

Well, one of them does.

>just finished white palace
wtf I hate saws now

Literally where

Does not seems to be in the game

The fat lady that sells the charms tells me that if I equip the right stuff together they will "shine" and be more powerfull. Do they literally shine or do they just get more powerfull and I have to assume they did?

What?

If you're on v.1.05 then there's a bug the means you won't get rewards from the Colosseum locking you out of 100% completion, so just make sure you're on the latest patch.

>lierally a big black D

try equipping more charms than your limit

force it
keep doing until the game accepts

I think it's been fixed for the latest versions (.6 and onwards?) but sometimes people wouldn't get the pale ore.

Also, for me in the third trial some of the fireballs threw at some point stayed in the air and never disappeared even if I touched them.

Literally the lowest area of mantis village. It's a cage where you fight the 3 mantis lord. I recommend upgrading your weapon before trying it.

Maybe it'll be for the second campaign.

>upgrading your weapon before trying i

That completely unnecessary.
He has to get back there for the cran pass anyway might as well just pick it up.

Anyone got the map?
Trying to go back through the game and find the shit I missed. Bosses are wrecking my shit with only one nail upgrade though

Aight, sounds good, I'm on the .6 and reading the news about the "beta" .7

Not the same poster, but oh boy, I'm scared I'll break a charm, but I gotta try.

Maybe I'm retarded but all I found was the room with a bunch of mushrooms.

This sound really retarded.

Fast almost non-telegraphed attacks. Like when you expect her to do a diagonal dive, move in and she does aoe attack out of nowhere. There is also her screams, which i can't resist to take as cues, but they are actually misleading as fuck.

And im probably too tilted to continue trying for now

It's like a 5 minute walk from the mantis village. The first upgrade doesn't even require pale ore.

It'll take a fucking long time to kill them all with an unupgraded weapon.

They got more than 10 times the kickstarter money now, they have literally no excuse to not deliver on the 2nd playable character.

Look in the map if you're not afraid of spoilers. It's the tall room with the 3 dicks.

Thanks family

>got dream nail
>assume I am almost done with the game because most metroidvanias are only 8 or so hours long
>glance at previous thread
>maybe a quarter of the map revealed

Wow

You take more damage though.

>Yfw the second character is Zote.

And the map doesn't even cover all the areas.

>They got more than 10 times the kickstarter money now
How do you figure?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Any tips for fighting the Dung Defender? Other than gitting gud, obviously.
I keep smashing right into his shit balls.

>to live an age, but remember so little

Man, Quarrel is really really old. The Watcher clearly put some magical spell on him that halted his aging, and it seems to have been undone when you absorbed the Watcher.
He even talks slower and with a more raspy voice when you meet him here.

He probably died of extremely old age shortly after this as the spell finally caught up to him.
I'm not crying. I'm just crying

Of course, who else but Zote the Mighty, holder of the mystical nail Life Ender could defeat the countless treacherous foes that the wicked kingdom still holds.

spam attacking right at his face

can anyone tell me where to go? im past deepnest near the place where you get the tram past. I haven't bought the key from the store yet or the lantern to travel to the darker places in deepnest

I'm fairly certain you can slash the shit balls.

I can hear the maggot here but no idea where he is.

You need to step back a little bit when he's starts to throw his shit balls. I believe if you have the long nail charm you are able to hit him while he's throwing the balls withouht getting hurt.

You can also get those blue charms that give you a shitload of hp but you can't heal yourself as well as the other one that gives you more health when you sit on the bench.

Around 2k got the code from KS, Steamspy says there's about 26k sales on top of that.

He's above you. I believe you need to find the highest platform on your right side, and then use your crystal dash.

Crystal dash from the ledge on the other side.

Did the same thing, only missing one grub...

it's revenue that matters for reinvestment, not income. and in particular, some of that income needs to actually compensate employees for K years of labor

i hope they deliver but one thing i really hate about kickstarter is that it forces people into "promises" that might make zero sense for them a couple years down the line. people shouldn't make promises like that and kickstarter heavily encourages them to do so

Jump on the highest platform on the right and crystal dash to the left.

Does the Mark of Pride have a bigger reach than Longnail?
Do they stack?

Where is that on the map?

28k OWNERS, all the kickstarter backers and press got it for free
median price is not $15

Yes and yes. It's part of my preferred setup.

Yes and yes.

Thanks, I would never guessed myself.

I don't know, I only have the long nail.

And at $10 a pop after Steam's cut that's 260k, about six times the KS money.

>second campaign
Isn't it just going to be Hornet and Zote playable through the same game?

>28k OWNERS, all the kickstarter backers and press got it for free
The game isn't very well covered and the credits mention 2800-something backers. So about 20-25k people bought it

well /v/

would you?

>tfw still waiting on Shovel Knight content

It's great stuff, but just fucking start a new game at this point.

>filename
you fucking take that back

Yes, but I like Cornifer too much as a friend to actually do it.

I would fuck my half-sister though.

Where do you think you are?

I would never steal her away from Cornifer, so no.
I would however buy her a bigger home.
I got no other use for all that fuggin' Geo.

This game seems to be really charming but I have zero urge to play it

I'm usually not the type of person to oversexualize video game characters, but everything about her design and voice screams "disinterested handjob."

So yes, absolutely. Cornifer's a lucky bug.

>Half sister
???

Hornet is actually your half sister

OK /HKG/
i need some help.
I am missing some charms. I taught by the end i will have them.

>i am almost ending the game(except the arena) and i am missing pic related

Halp.

What the fuck
When is this revealed
I though you weren't even an actual creature

>Inb4 when they release Hornet as a PC, it includes an entirely reworked game world to before everything fell apart and is all about her training
>An entire host of new Waifus

>tfw she is happier with cornifer at the end of the game and wants to join him on an adventure
I'm glad their marriage is ok

The Mark of Pride charm is found in the room where you fought the Mantis Lords, on the right hand side there's now a room you can accept after the fight.

>At the end of the game
You never dream nailed her? She's very happy with her life, if slightly bored.

Row 2, 4th over is Spell Twister from the Soul Sanctum.
Row 2, last one is Mark of Pride which you get from the room to the right in the Mantis Lord's Chamber after beating them.

Deepnest, beneath the working tram.

It's not a glitch, it's by design.

The ones people usually don't find are these...

strange

Someone asked for that:

vocaroo.com/i/s1pyR3rCSwp5

If I beat the first two rounds of the Colosseum on an earlier build am I fucked out of the notch/ore even if I update and play through them again?

The charm on the right of the three breakables charms is found in the Soul Sanctum. When you reach the "top" of the area (as in, the highest hallway you can access, just jump at the ceiling until you discover a secret path.

For the second half of the Kingsoul, upgrade your dream nail and go to the palace ground.

Where do I get a light for the caves?

It is implied
The White Lady refers the Hornet as the Gendered Child
Around first encounter iirc she implies that the Hornet is pretty much the same as the MC but not completely the same
This implies that she is also made of void but not completely(maybe half actual creature like bug?)
Either way, she is pretty much half void half something non void

Where can I get a third key? I've used one for Jiji and one for the waterways. I found one in the storeroom and bought another from the shopkeep. Am I just locked out of Marissa now?

HOW DO I KILL THE LAVA SPITTING SPIDER BOSS THING IN THE FORGOTTEN CROSSROADS

>Projectiles take up entire half of the arena
>Trying to get to the other side of the arena will get you smacked by his sword
>He'll still fucking jump on you

how the heck do i git gud ??