What's a good cheap gas mower? Need to get one. See this one going for $199 CAD. Worth it...

What's a good cheap gas mower? Need to get one. See this one going for $199 CAD. Worth it? Can i use synthetic oil in it from my car as I always have leftovers from oil changes? Says it takes 5-30w .

You sure not S.A.E 30?

Different than 5w30

From the site see note section at bottom which I thought meant SAE would be okay to use. Am I mistaken or missing something?

People throw them away all of the time and they usually just need a carb cleaning

is it one of those two strokes you have to mix fuel and oil for? this are a pain in the ass and I opted for other ones

I see no 5w-30.

spend the money and get the honda

also go to a lawn/farm equipment store and get some honda/small engine oil. it's not really expensive and a different formula.

S.A.E 30 is old school non detergent motor oil.

This says use 10w30 u less it's having a hard time starting in the cold use 5w30

5w30 would be fine

I bought this one 4 years ago. Well worth it if you have under 10000 sqft of land and use whatever oil you have as long as it's still good. I personally use cheap motomaster at 8$ for the 5L

>What's a good cheap gas mower?

Honda Civic

Looked through the pdf manual and just asked for regular gasoline but as I shop around ill note if it requires a diluted gas like our old snowblower.
Look at the bottom of pic in note section.

I just want a light,simple and cheap mower. Can't find a box store selling honda ones. How are they priced?

It's a 4 stroke. You don't need to mix oil in gas.

in the US I got one at home depot for 300 new, self-propelled and all.

but our cheap yard-machines/walmart brand mowers are like 100$ so the honda may be way more.

but I mean even cheap ones will last if you can take it apart to a mild extent and you keep it nice. clean off the underside of the deck after mowing, change the oil, sharpen the blades regularly, that sort of thing.

unless the gas cap or somewhere on it says "30:1" or "40:1" or "50:1" it's probably a four-stroke, which means you put regular gas into it. I would recommend premium gas in the states, due to typically less ethanol content. I would also put some sta-bil in the gas can when you first get it to help it stay fresh. Also keep the tank full on the mower unless it's the end of the season, then try to run it dry.

>Look at the bottom of pic in note section.

Run it.
Not sure why you would need to run the mower that cold but I guess it could happen.

>OHC

PUSHKEKS BTFO

Old 2 smoke lawnboys are GOAT

It's a OHV....

That's OHV numb nuts

Off highway vehicle

I don't have a large property but I do have a front and back yard that's leveled. A smaller nimble mower would work best I figure.
Thanks for the input and yes I would do the extra bit of maintenance for longevity. My father in law noted the same thing in buying good fuel. He uses Shell nitro 97 or whatever the top tier is there and Stabilizer to the red gas can.

Drive down the alleys and try to find one in the garbage. People leave the gas in them over winter and throw them out when they don't start.

Honda's are overpriced when a Briggs Sears or whatever does the job just as well.

>in the US I got one at home depot for 300 new, self-propelled and all.
Exactly this, I have a Honda-powered mower and it was about $300.

It's even FWD like you'd expect it to be.

same. $240.
honda makes the best small engines.
fwd sucks even on mowers though.. especially on mowers actually.
but it's fine if your yard is flat.

Don't ever pay for a push mower.

Your city probably does a cleanup day in the spring and fall, go and claim a small herd of mowers that people are throwing away. Most will need spark plugs, oil, gas, and a good sharpening. Use the scrappier ones to get the nicer ones running, keep the nicest one for yourself, sell the rest of the runners for whatever you can get out of them. Whatever's left over can either get parted out or scrapped.

If you do this a couple times you'll eventually see the same mower more than a couple times. It's a good way to use a lazy weekend and make a couple bucks for beer.

Go to a household auction and pick up a rider for about the same price. Real high quality zero-turns and Cub Cadet shit will go for real money but 5 year old $1000 Wal-Mart grade mowers will be like $100-150. Ride in style.

ITT: leddit levels of normie shit bantz.
>lel rnt we so randum, playfully arguing about overhead cams in a retarded thread about lawnmowers? XD
>da Honda civic is a good lawn mower OHHHPEEE xD
I'd take fucking garbage ass c u c k GTR>z06 fucking DAE ae86 desu desu, DAE frs is slow?!?! Threads over this trash pile.

i have this exact mower and it didn't start when i pulled it out of the garage. literally 5 minutes with a compressor, blowing out the fuel line and carb after draining the fuel tank. people are fucking retarded.

Some of us have a job and more money than time, you know.

I've heard this before and not opposed to getting something free from someone's ignorance but in this case I just need something working out of the box. Moving to a house and won't have enough time to tinker. In the future I'll consider it for parts like going to the junkyard.

You guys are talking 300usd I'm talking 200cad. No need for self propelled property not that big or slanted.

Since it'll be new what about adding a undercoat to the lower deck of the mower for rust prevention ? Car black undercoat? Thoughts

Bump