webms with sounds:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI
youtube.com/watch?v=aIEOxQDvvSU
youtube.com/watch?v=ViuIMEhMtAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI
holy shit who is this? You live about 2 minuts from me. Lets ride!

The closest I got to where I live are a neato VFR and a ninja 650

The map hasnt been updated in years, he is probably with the skid demon by now

That rear wheel looks so big. Didn't realize there was a map, just emailed my info to get added.

damn that sucks, pretty cool idea.

Took me over a month to get my info added after I emailed, might be a while.

SoCal rider here... next year i'll be going to fairbanks, alaska for graduate school and id still like to, weather permitting, get some ride time while im up there but i don't think my current bike is fit for the drive up there or the conditions. could any friends that live in some of the colder states recommend me some bikes to look for... atm im leaning more towards a DR650

what does /dbt/ think about Route 81 Support Gear?

Why wouldn't your bike go to Alaska? They got roads up their, ya know.

it's a sportbike, i'd rather get something that is a better fit for the conditions

what is the appeal of these bikes?

Clean baiku finally, ignore deathtrap chain pls

Turbo 'Busa

underage pls leave

Very comfy for your 1,000 mile days

How is a sportbike not fit? Sportbikes are great for cold weather.
>full fairings to keep a lot of the wind off you
>really really hot engines to warm your lower body

Why ride 1000 miles if they're not fun miles. I can't imagine those are fun to rip through the gears or turn....
well beyond that lol

expected to see a yellow Porsche to be coming the other way

Have you ridden one? I can't imagine them being un-fun in any way.

They want to take my money

are you saying always covering your front brake is a good thing or a bad thing?

because some people just enjoy being on two wheels, takign in the scenery, the weather and the fresh air.
thy still move out reasonably fast but are like riding on a sofa
and when you get old and brittle youll appreciate the comfort

I have not ridden one. There is no way they are possibly even close to as fun as a sportbike, sumo, dualsport, naked, or regular cruiser. They're big, fat, ugly, and slow....with so many other options it just makes me question why. I get it if you're 65+ but jesus...

Weird-looking ducati

Nah I've never ridden a bike and my assburgers prevents me from thinking others could have fun in a different way than myself.

>I have not ridden one
>I will tell you what they are like

Being this young

How new are you to motorcycles?

is he crashing

This nigger is dumb. Lol
Nice completely wrong opinions

have you ridden one? lol

Picked her up today.

Either backing it in, or stopped and balanced on the bumper

>couldn't possibly be as fun as a regular cruiser
What do you think a regular cruiser does better than a Gold Wing

I like every style of bike except for these oversized motor homes with external speakers and cruise control
>everyone pretending to like them just to troll

youtube.com/watch?v=aIEOxQDvvSU

check your autism

see 1) those are the kinds of bikes sport bikes stemmed from. Fairings weren't a thing on a large scale until the '85 zx/gpz's came out and were accepted more than other fairing'd bikes before it (as far as production).

Clip ons aren't new, obviously, neither is a forward riding position, but cruisers are just as agile in most cases, being I'm sure you aren't tracking if you don't have basic respect for all kinds of bikes (but fuck scooters, right?)

lean more than 2degrees before scraping.
not weigh 799lbs
not being ugly as fuck
Then again, they don't have air conditioning....

Cruiser and touring bike are not the same silly troll

Why? we're all in our lane. Hell I've never crashed on the public roads and will only comment on things I can actually do rather than act as an authority on things I've never done.

youtube.com/watch?v=ViuIMEhMtAU

Like making a video about kneedragging when you can't...for example.

Kind of just a bad habit, I'd be accelerating out of corners and still have 1 finger over the brake lever like this.

Doesn't make a big difference but it's just an example of something very minor getting photos taken of yourself can improve and it's not just the big things, you always discover stuff you can do better.

I thought not-turning-the-sportbike was an American thing?

WTF... I'm not from Australia. Have a sick filter instead.

Looks are subjective m8

In for dual sports.

have you seen the italians on /dbt/?

One thinks diablo rosso III's aren't good enough for him (and that he can feel where the compounds swap) and the other one thinks SV650s have too much engine braking so he can't learn to corner on it (and it's our fault for recommending it).

>lean more than 2degrees before scraping.
>not being ugly as fuck
This definitely does not describe cruisers.

Nice meme bruh

dualsport best sport

If I see yammie should I ride away as fast as possible, or does he only smash Daytona's and not all Triumphs?

eh, come on

you should be able to pop the bike up and down from your cornering posture to allow for last minute adjustments to your angle without worrying about straigtening out

>stopped and balanced on the bumper
Pretty sure it's that based on how unnatural his position is. It looks like he's struggling not to fall down. When you're leaned like that while actually riding, the cornering forces push you into the seat so it takes no effort to stay on.

lel I didn't even see you uploaded that before me. It only popped up once the page refreshed after I posted it again

Any word on how rider is doing?

When road riding, what kind of lines do you take? I generally shoot for a late apex (sometimes way too late), especially around blind corners or unknown roads. Do you normally do that or try to apex more at the center?

Goldwing riders are always the best riders I run into. Been riding since before I was born and can outride most people on that big powerful beast.
Those things are beautifully balanced.

Europeans are natural pussies having grown up in culturally homogeneous countries that coddle them from cradle to grave. This makes them more likely to panic and target fixate.

nope. it happens to europeans all the time. It's usually just uninteresting to watch since their 125s can't make it past 50mph

>apexing
>public roads
fucking pointless, honestly.
there's not enough width for it to make hardly any difference.
I mean obviously you roughly eyeball it but i seriously wouldnt put effort into trying to perfect it.

They're babe magnets is what they are. You ever seen an empty Goldwing passenger seat? Nope. Always got a broad on the back. Girls want men on Goldwings, not crotch rockets.

excellente meme friendo

There is almost no time on the road I will not use a late apex, I generally aim to be all the way on the inside of the corner by the exit so I have the entire lane as runoff or buffer if I need it.

If the next corner is the opposite direction then hey, you're already at the right part of the lane as well.

I don't mean crossing the center line or anything. Just choosing the points at which you turn in, then the points at which you aim to start getting back on the gas and straighteng out again

Exactly this

He's not wrong though

I thought the SV was supposed to be a relatively neutral riding position. I'm surprised the clipons are mounted below the top clamp. Is the top clamp just really high on those bikes?

Buy an African twin

Alright, I've got an fjr1300 which falls into the same category as the st1300 in your picture.

To start, they're just as fun to "rip" through gears on and to do aggressive cornering with, it's not like you can't go fast with 130-150HP. They're for the people who want to enjoy the sensations and fun associated with 2 wheels, but also want an element of comfort. Think of it like a Cadillac CTS, fast yet also comfy.

Imo a goldwing is comfier than most shit box cars, so there's that i guess. See below as well.

Agreed, I had the chance to do a trip on my dads 2002 goldwing, the thing handled really well, all of the weight being down below your knees gives you a huge amount of confidence while you're riding. It's only really when you come to a stop that they reveal their weight.

>got to sit on one of my dream bikes today
>my tall ass fits on it
>tfw I can continue to fantasize about it
Feels good mang.

I know. That's why I said it's too narrow. You always want to late apex because early apexing a public corner on a sport bike is like asking to die.

Is there anything more cringe than the helmet mohawks?

Wallet chains.

you.

Older men on scooters

>African twin
>African
come on m8

>Think of it like a Cadillac CTS, fast yet also comfy.
Thank you for the analogy, I've driven a CTS-V, makes sense. If that's truly the case, then my only gripe would be the aesthetics, but I totally concede that it's individual preference. Personally I just view them as almost something entirely different than any other class of motorcycle, but not in a positive way. Then again I'm only in my mid 20's

I foresee them making a comeback once millennials discover their existence ironically or something

what bike?

ayy that trip report was dope

Pls tell if i look cute /dbt/ ;)

All black riding gear bought by the rider's mom that doesn't fit well

the "s" has clipons, the naked is neutral.

Aprilia RS250, i'm 6'3" so fitting was a serious concern. Now I can think about saving up and importing and stuff.

Found the helmet hawker.

You come across as a huge autist.

I want these handlebars. You could scoot your ass in the seat all the way back and pull insane wheelies.

that exhaust is....interesting for sure

that's a typical 2-stroke exhaust.

How do you like that thing?

I've looked at so many bikes as a possible replacement for the XR650L, but they're all either way less reliable, way heavier, or way less torks.

Post more

I know what I said.

I think the XR650L beats the DR650.

Now, if you're going more adv bike, the KLR650 might be the ticket for you.

it is not obvious from that webm but although the S model has the clipons mounted on the bottom they have significant risers inbuilt into them, 1.5 -2 inches easily.

The SV is quite neutral positionwise for a clip on bike, it has a very roomy cockpit and nice comfortable rear pegs and what not, it's actually a little too comfy for what I'm mainly using it for now as I ran out of clearance on track and with the raised rearsets the nice comfortable 31.5 inch seat height means my legs are folded up like pretzels.

They're mounted below but they're still raised up like top mount clipons.

Surprisingly I don't sell a lot of helmet mohawks to people who roll through my store. Seems like the fad is dying out now, the replacement is ICON and matte black shitheads.

>Twin
>Powered by two legs

Well played m8

>tl;dr

Can never go wrong with vfr800. Interceptor a best.

>XR650L beats the DR650
Where is this coming from? I've heard a few people say this recently on /dbt/ when it's pretty common knowledge that DR>XR>KLR, the XR is like 10 years older than the DR.

well, its still way heavier.
but its super comfy and above 10-15mph really give you the dualsport feel in handling, it feels light and quick on its feet for what it is.
my only gripes are the plastics are street plastics no the tough polyethylene that dirtbikes get and its still heavy but thats to be expected.

i should have a much more comphrensive review on it by mid may since im taking it through all manner of shit to get to utah then back home to wa

DR650 owner here that has ridden a XR650 and sat on a few different KLR650s...
XR650 a damn good. DR650 is second. KLR650 I'd rate a close third. All are gud bieks. Put an improved carb on the DR650, do the airbox mod, and get a good exhaust and it'll more or less equal the XR650. You can also go full retard if you have $$$ and get 60-some HP out of it with a certain couple of modifications. 790cc, cam, headwork.