/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Previous Thread: BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
przone.tumblr.com/archive
youtube.com/watch?v=qS9t91mldCI
discord.gg/xKMWrBa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

First for Dooty

Дoooлллг

Who here /SVU/?

ive only found like one svu, two L115s and two or three SVDs
guess which one im fucking using
not the svu

i want dolg out

Is there a decent video that has translations for stuff people shout at you in SoC?

przone.tumblr.com/archive

Heт вы.

hello bro-WHAT ARE YOU DEAF WHAT ARE YOU HERE

HAVE YOU GENTLEMEN HEARD THE GOOD WORD OF MONOLITH TODAY?

Is there a way to disable Warfare without having to uninstall it?
Is there a way to reset relations for Dynamic Relations?
Is there a mod manager for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

not that i know of
maybe
no

ITS ALL AN ILLUSION MARKED ONE A VIDEO GAME DEVELOPED TO ENTERTAIN AUTISTIC MANCHILDREN

lay off the acid Freedom boy

Mod Manager YES
JSGME it's fucking great use it.

if you toss a bandit off will you hear him cheeki breeki before he gets lost to the zone?

if the Zone has a feminine character can it be a waifu?

Got me. I make my Russian girlfriend translate shit.

"Eat a lemon, you bastard!" when they throw a grenade sometimes.
"I caught an olive!" when they get shot. Weird shit like that.

Sounds like terrible taste.

I heard the "papali papali cyka" one is about the bandit being injured in a fight. I wish there were subtitles. I want to hear those campfire stories and weird combat banter.

no im just poor as fuck

Any advice with combat? I want to get back into the games. I remember doing a lot of save scumming.

install arsenal overhaul
play master
dont fucking suck ass

>dont fucking suck ass
i make no promises

Papali is "They got me"

Thanks. Always confuses me how a longer phrase in English is conveyed in fewer words in another language.

I'm merging that Russian Roadside Picnic mod into StCoM + OA, I just realized I never actually tried out the hand generator. Apparently it's reload and idle animations are crashing the game. Can I just use a generic weapon animation to replace them?

Don't die, try to win.

Usually I die a lot and eventually win.

What's the difference between the Loners and Freedom?

Freedom are hippies that smoke a lot of weed and are shit at everything they do.
Loners are what the word says, loners. They just lurk about and do this and that. Basically Freedom is dogshit.

Well in Clear Sky it seems Loners are just normal stalkers that banded together under a ruler to destroy the bandits and Freedom's loudspeaker propaganda says they're the same thing except apparently Duty hates them for some reason.

I noticed I have the Story Mode checkbox in StCoM with Outfit Addon, is that normal? I never had it in CoM.

Freedom seems to do okay holding back Monolith.

The philosophy behind Freedom and Duty are both pretty different to each other. Duty sees the Zone as something evil that has to be destroyed while Freedom sees the Zone as something that should be protected and enjoyed by all, kinda treating it like a national park. So you can see why they both tend to clash with each other.

Comfiness update

youtube.com/watch?v=qS9t91mldCI

Loners are just dudes in the Zone for whatever reason. To make a buck, because they fucked up their life and are on the run, looking for a thrill, whatever.

Freedom are STALKERs fighting for open access to the Zone because they believe it's a miracle that will benefit humanity. They have Western backing because in the STALKER universe the Zone is responsible for massive technological leaps and the Ukrainian government is the sole goalkeeper to access to all this technology that circumvents the laws of physics.

The Military are literally the Ukrainian military. They're there to enforce the quarantine and ostensibly prevent the entire black economy of the game from existing. Because they're a shit-tier corrupt second-world military they're obviously terrible at this.

Duty are literally the Military. They're the military's plausible deniability asset allowing the government to participate in the Zone's underground society without breaking their own laws.

Ecologists are government scientists.

Mercenaries are PMCs operating in the Zone, sometimes with government permission, sometimes not, at the behest of western corporations.

Bandits range from dickhead Loners gone rogue who decided it was easier to rob STALKERs than work for a living, to Mafiya footsoldiers helping their bosses wet their beaks.

Clear Sky are government scientists gone native and STALKERs affiliated with them.

>leaving out best faction

So when does S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 release so we can pick a faction and see the consequences their victory has in a global scale?

When Sergei dies in a tragic accident trying to jump a Veyron over his collection of Ferraris, and someone semi-sane acquires GSC.

this

>Monolith are C-Consciousness' brainwashed tools. They're literally the human manifestation of the Zone's will.
Happy?
Strictly-speaking Monolith aren't a "faction" like the rest are. They're more like human mutants, which is why I left them out.

NEVER EVER
IRL pro-Russian """"""""separatists"""""""" fight for Russian annexation of Ukraine the instant the economic impact and scientific potential of the Zone begins to be comprehended.

>tfw there's no STALKER mod integrating the Ukrainian Civil War into the storyline

yes

Monolith is the best.

Neat. Hope they actually open some more buildings and put mutant spawns in there.

I want a home building sim in the commie blocks so I have somewhere to store my everything. Corpses only hold so many guns and sausage.

Does anyone know why StCoM messed with the spawn files?

Oh I see, I wondered how hard/unbalanced changing the tool kits up would be. Honestly I think that the rare "pristine" items would be really cool, maybe have a chance to get rusty or broken versions of the stuff too that are literally just useless junk items, but that might just be useless. I do think that the parts should be worth at least a little bit more, i understand a trigger or spring only being worth 50 rubles or something, but a 12ga barrel only being worth a little bit more seems. That's just minor stuff that i could change if I wanted though. Do you have any plans on adding more parts when/if you get StCoM working? Do you still plan on making some sort of basic crafting system?

Disregard that, I read something wrong.

>bandits that high
>mercs that low

How do i add colour to CoM?

you just made my morning

AW texture pack

It's happening, I guess

How do I keep my pistol FOV from zooming out so much while aiming in CoM? I had this fixed before, but I've moved mods around since then.

>being a merc

Explain what I'm seeing

wtf

I want to chat with my stalker bros. Even if it involves them laughing at my failures in the zone.

Internet relay chat in a video game

Nice, thanks, i don't mind the rust but everything looks so bland that it makes sunrays look overexposed and like shit

Meaning the player is using IRC to chat with a human being that's on a different computer using IRC with STALKER integration?
Or that someone is simulating chat with NPCs in STALKER?

>a proper STALKER online
I don't even care if it's not actually multiplayer. If I can shit talk it up with fellow stalkers on an online chat while playing I'd be happy as fuck.

That would be pretty nice.

If it was the latter it wouldn't exactly be Internet Relay Chat now would it

Fukushima was a worse disaster than Chernobyl, Chernobyl now ranking 2nd in worst nuclear catastrophe to date.
>fukushima stalker when?

Worse by what metric?
I don't think anyone died at Fukushima.

>I'm retarded.

>japanese monolith
>they worship anime

this is what i want

>bomb Japan to try and make the madness stop
>its population just becomes more autistic

Friendly reminder that fukushima is still leaking radiation

Worse in amount of radiation spat out.
Excuse my lack of clarification.

no you

>Yakuza Bandits
>An ultra nationalist rising sun faction
>American military
>A bunch of Otakus and burned out salarymen becoming loners
>Mutant hornets
>A dedicated seppuku button

I'm down for that

Fukashima is perfectly safe. They're just feeding Godzilla, and creating fake stories to keep people away from the sleeping beauty.

>normal STALKER timeline
>fukushima happens
>zone extends itself to the newly irradiated wasteland
>portal anomalies lead straight from chernobyl there and back
>weary veteran stalkers wandering around fukushima, joined by the bright-eyed mil-sim otaku who thinks this is the coolest shit ever

I'd play it.

Sounds pretty good concept for STALKER 2

no weeb shit please.

>>zone extends itself to the newly irradiated wasteland
Except that's not how or why the Zone exists. It's got nothing to do with the Chernobyl disaster at all.
Did you even play the game son?

Zone does what it wants, I know all the C-Con business is the real deal and reactor is merely fluff. It's no more stupid than CoP.

I got to thinking
What value does Vehicle Station(Car Park, Bus Station) hold for bandits? I think I remember someone saying something about it but I forgot

Why do they raid it? What is end-goal of it? Why don't they take over northern farm, and make it outpost(strengthen their position in cordon) and then try to raid car park?

It's called the ATP btw
It has a TV in it. Farm ain't got no TVs.

>It's called the ATP btw
Thanks

>Hey guys, let's go take ATP, it has TV
>Finally it's ours, let's go hang around fireplace, forget TV
Worth it

I presume they hold it mainly because it's a good starting point to raid and shakedown newbie loners filtering into the zone, and they don't control anything north of the train tracks because their entry/exit to there is the long way through Darkscape.

>Zone does what it wants
Yes, but C-consciousness is limited to the Zone. otherwise it would have already taken over the world wich was it's original purpose

>Darkscape
Damn, I didn't knew this was even a thing(removed but still), thanks
>and they don't control anything north of the train tracks because their entry/exit to there is the long way through Darkscape.
Damn, completely forgot that bandits are based in Dark Valley not garbage
Thanks, I had leap in my head

Friendly reminder that Fukushima is completely fine.

AO or STCoP?
Or should I just download Roadside Picnic and be done with it?

Why noone adds discord to OP pastebin?
discord.gg/xKMWrBa
There is about 70+ stalkers at daytime over there

The Russian Roadside Picnic or that little tweak pack somebody put on ModDB? Because I just merged the Russian one with StCoM and Outfit Addon.

The addon for CoC, has all the standard graphics mods and some choice addons for CoC, plus tweeks to make the zone a bit more lonely.

Why hind pilots are so spooky?

they left their humanity beHIND

>having a global chat connecting the games
>being able to chat with other stalkers live
>death notifications telling you who died and possibly by what and where
>maybe his corpse is now there with a chance of spawning some of the loot he was carrying

>20 stalkers online
>500 deaths per minute on chat

holy shit, neck yourself you mongoloid

I mean SI did all of those things but no one used it, so
Guess I just gotta get my shill game on point this time

Oh ok, so the modpack I never made public lol That's pretty much what my modpack for StCoM is, except it adds the Russkie Roadside Picnic features like campfire cooking and shit.