How's your paint, Veeky Forums?

How's your paint, Veeky Forums?
You have been taking care of it.. haven't you?

Detailing thread. Post your favorite products and techniques.

I just rattle can it every now and again when it flakes off

>snake wax, polish, and "detailer"

I don't think my little heart can take it

I buff/detail so many cars for a living I can't be assed to do my personal car. I try to keep it waxed just cause paint will fade here in Florida, but I rarely detail it anymore. Into the automatic car wash it goes...I guess if I was to sell it I might buff out the swirls first, but it's not that noticeable. I wasn't retarded enough to buy a black car so it looks fine in the sunlight.

This is me lol

I have to buff and polish cars before turning them in too. My car looks crappy, its not fair, no time to work on my own stuff, just how it goes.

What's the point of detailing your paint when it has that much orange peel and urethane wave?

What's the point of detailing your paint when crowd blood is just going to mess it up anyways?

>tfw car is silver so no matter how much I polish it will never be this shiny

also the clear layer on the rims (alloy) is peeling off and it looks ugly as fuck, should I just scrape it all off? what'll happen to the rims?
I'm seriously considering wrapping them so they don't look all ugly like they do now.

Why you being so mean though? ;_;

Not sure about a clear coat peeling off. My buddy has chrome wheels on his truck and the chrome is blistered and flaking on one of them, he's planning to have them dipped whenever it's time for new tires.

>tfw black car and no garage
>completely covered in a layer of dust in a day
>dirt waterspots when it's wet

what's under the chrome? mine are (I assume) solid alloy so I don't think the clear coat coming off is too big a deal, it just looks ugly right now

I think his are steel underneath, at least I seem to remember the rusty/flaky spots looking like there was rust beneath. Personally I think in that case he'd be better off just trashing them and getting new wheels. I can't imagine alloys would risk anything other than getting light scratches without the protective clear coat

I'm a commie liberal californian so I was my 4runner once a year. Shit's peeling off like a bad sunburn.

you could always rattle can more clear coat on if you dont care about a shit job

second best is to try and remove all clear coat without removing paint and then rattle can the entire panel

best is repaint car.

Might repaint it at some point. Just hit 200k in it a few weeks ago so it's not worth much but I figure I can get it to 300k before the timing belt goes and I only drive 6 or 8k miles a year. Might be worth it.

My paint is like fifty years older than yours and still looks great... In most spots.

Best way to get rid of oxidation on single stage paint without a DA?

>That fucking Orange Peel

I've done better with rattlecans and roll-on Rustoleum than that. Still haven't tried it out of a spraygun with a proper hardener, but that's soon to change since I've got an air compressor now.

Now I just need a project to try it on.

At this point he's almost better off pressure washing that flaking clear off to do it without fucking the paint up too badly. The paint beneath will be pretty flat though, so some clear with metallic flake in it might be a decent way around that.

What do I do about little rusty shits in my paint? They're like the size of a pencil tip

>I've done better with rattlecans and roll-on
Doesn't post pictures of his superior work because it doesn't exist