/acg/ - Armored Core General: All Right I'm Back Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>And he's got big balls

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>And she's got big balls

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>But we've got the biggest balls of them all
Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

I don't say "/acg/ is bigger than any one person" just because I think it sounds cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jxcRfyzBfyU
youtube.com/watch?v=hteHK9h9K7I
youtube.com/watch?v=XQovABYs4cw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

The rest of you bums need to wake up, I'm not gonna be here all night.

Hi from the other /acg/.
Why do you guys continue to post if you can't even keep your thread alive overnight?

Because stubbornness.
Because sometimes we do keep it overnight.
Because we have to stick it to literally every fan forum.
Because someone is working through the PS2 games and looks to these threads for help on occasion.
Because we still actually manage to play this game with each other. Sometimes. I'll finally have time to get on starting this weekend, it's spring break.
Because that one madman is still slaving away over that Last Raven patch.
Because the guy who's making M4World sometimes drops by and we need to be there to playtest the latest build he updates.
Because without us, you wouldn't have such pleasant neighbors who've got your back when you need it.

Nice.

You up for some SNFA Ahab-senpai?

Last one.

>Last Raven patch
I've haven't been in /acg/ for a while, what's this about?

Das it boys, S-ranked everything except "Occupation of...". I'm on the final stretch now.

Maybe. I haven't had time to go home this semester, so there are a few people who are really stoked about this. I'll see if I can make it happen.
Someone is changing the values of parts in Last Raven Portable to rebalance the game. The plan is to release this as a patch so we can play it through PPSSPP.
He is a hero and possibly a lunatic.

What are reverse joint legs used for in first gen? I've messed with them a little bit but it seems like bipedals are better in every way.

bump

They jump like mad. Pretty sure they're also more energy efficient than bipeds.

Why do you keep doing this to yourselves? We won't get a new AC game, its time to let it go

Strange words coming from someone who bumped.

youtube.com/watch?v=jxcRfyzBfyU

>tank arena in MoA
This is so comfy compared to how crazy fast the other arenas are. I don't even like playing tanks, but this is pretty neat.

>This guy in the tank arena who spams missiles and stunlocks you to death
I take back what I said, fuck this arena.

>Fromsoft Arena
Why is MoA so based? I think this is my favorite AC game now.

So are all the V.I series Kotobukiya kits compatible with eachother? Does that mean buildan your own AC irl is possible?

Better go get that pulse cannon.
youtube.com/watch?v=hteHK9h9K7I

bump

>no shoulder weapons
Who thought this was a good idea?

I'm wondering, wouldn't these threads be better on /m/ where they don't die superfast like here?

At least it might get some people on /m/ interested in the series. I don't know if /m/ is a general board though.

It definitely has some, I've also seen a very successful AC thread on there a few weeks ago. I mean it's just a proposal really, it's up to whoever makes the actual threads.

>Better go get that pulse cannon.
I used the laser arm weapons to get through most of it, it was pretty easy once I got the pacing down.

But speaking of tanks, the rank 1 tank guy in the Fromsoft arena was terrifying. Maybe I shouldn't have faced him using my standard lightweight build, but I just couldn't find any ways to beat him legit. I ended up flying around at sanic speeds for five minutes and made him waste all his ammo before going in and killing him with the sawa. I'll probably rebuild my AC later and fight him legit, but I can't be assed with it right now.

>the Progtech HQ mission where Nineball appears at the end
Fuck this mission, these mooks on the way to him are so annoying for some reason.

Only hard left now. Kind of sad I'm gonna be done with the game. Liked it more than ZoE.

There's always AC4 if you haven't played it yet. It's arguably better than FA in some ways (though FA is overall the better game).

Yeah, I started with AC4.

Don't worry, hard should hold you for a bit.
There is nothing not legit about running your opponent out of ammo.

Because if customizing a build to beat Nineball Seraph in AC2AA for 10 months straight has taught me, we're not quitters.

Stop dying, damnit.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

>someone tells me that there's an armored Core reference in a Neptunia game
>smack him over the head for being so stupid

Seriously, the nerve of some people. Right?

But there is though.

There is one, just one, it took me by surprise since the game is more on RPGs, arcades and some anime tropes, but is there.

There is, on Rebirth 1.

What do you guys like so much about this serie anyways? is far from being perfect; I bet even the best entries are no even close to be on any top 10 list.

I met my wife on this general

Ok found it, Jump to 19:54

youtube.com/watch?v=XQovABYs4cw

>amazing mech customization that no other series has even attempted to match up to
>feels like you're actually controlling a mech instead of it being a reskinned third person shooter
>awesome soundtrack
>had the Souls style narrative before Souls games even existed
>good level of difficulty, you have to really master the gameplay mechanics and mech building in order to succeed
And a billion other little things I can't be assed to go through.

>>had the Souls style narrative before Souls games even existed

Many games had something like that way before Souls existed.

I'm not implying AC invented it, just saying exactly what you said. Also Souls games are a relevant point to bring up here specifically since From makes both series.

>>awesome soundtrack

Still hoping for a new FreQuency Album to lead the way on teasers and news about that next game.

>top 10 list.
People still care about those popularity contests and collections of clearly biased opinions? Being on any list ever does not a good game make. Not to mention that you won't find them on any of those IGN lists, simply because 99% of the western gaming world has no idea Armored Core is even a thing. After all, the only thing FromSoft ever made before Demon's Souls, was King's Field, right? And Tenchu. Can't forget about Tenchu.

But, really, the best way to see what's great about the series is to play it. And play it well, to that end. If the player sucks at the game, they aren't going to enjoy it very much. One of those games that becomes exponentially more enjoyable, as you get better at it, and become capable of doing more and more things.

it sounds like a stupid elitist game.

You either want to play AC or you don't. Half of the games can be emulated easily and all the modern games only cost $5-$15, it's an easy series to get into. Or I guess you could just shitpost, that's fun too.

I don't think a game needs to be popular to be good. Look at games like Wonderful 101 or Metal Wolf Chaos. They didn't sell alot, but that doesn't make them bad.

I love the game because it's got cool robots, and they blow up stuff, and you can customize how that stuff blows up. It's all kino.