Dealership sells me used car that needs a new air compressor next week

>dealership sells me used car that needs a new air compressor next week
>$1,100 repair bill
>they will only pay $500 of it

Anything I can do besides light their asses up on google reviews and other sites?

>buying a shitheap

Did you know it needed a new air compressor when you bought it?

Be happy with the 500$ you cunt, they didn't have to do shit because you signed the as is paperwork without even taking it to a mechanic

dumbass

No, they told me it went through a mechanical inspection by their service center and I believed them. They told me they don't sell me junk.

They will still only give me $500 of the repair bill, I've asked them to do better, they won't and get mad. They're fucking cunts. I'm gonna go pick up the repair bill myself and see what the parts and labor cost and see how much they are really jewing me for and might take it somewhere else and post the bill and review on google and other sites since I know they read their reviews on google and respond to them. I want other customers to know they'll sell you junk cars then tell you get fucked with a $700 repair bill. Or more.

I asked about that before purchase and they guaranteed me it went through an inspection and if anything was wrong they would know about it.

Any ideas? I think me posting the review and bill online will work the best since me arguing over the phone will just make them not give me even $500, if I even decide to take their $500. I'm contemplating just picking the car up, then immediately posting that shit and my review with the salesman's name, managers' names all over their google page, facebook, yelp, and dealer review sites. Fuck them.

Some people will read it and think, that's my fault, retard, but some will also read it and realize it could happen to them and they'd be fucked with a $1,000 repair bill. So, win/win.

Did you actually buy this car or is it still sitting on the dealer lot?

Read your contract too, this could be used as a lemon law thing

If they sold you a car and the radiator needed work, they're obligated by law to fix it if it happened within 90 days of purchase

Posting a bunch of shit online isn't going to help your cause. For starters, what kind of car is it. And second, what state do you live in? Is this an actual dealer or a private seller?

I actually bought it and signed the papers already, just the first time I turned on the A/C after purchasing the car, the compressor sounds like fan with a finger stuck inside of it.

It's the air compressor/blower motor.

Hyundai

KY.

Dealership

does Kentucky have a lemon law?

You have any proof they said that?

Not for used cars.

They've told me over the phone repeatedly and before purchase.

>I actually bought it and signed the papers already, just the first time I turned on the A/C after purchasing the car, the compressor sounds like fan with a finger stuck inside of it.
from the way this sounds it was an issue not known by the dealer nor you before purchasing so you can't be reasonably expected to know about it. Did this happen within the first 90 days? if it did then file a lemon law, lawyer up if they give you any shit for it.

>They've told me over the phone repeatedly and before purchase.
Doesn't mean shit if you don't have it in writing or a recording of it

either way, they're offering 500 dollars down on your repair, take it or go without AC dude.

I literally purchased the car Monday.

I'm not sure how lemon law works in KY, or if it even applies for used vehicles. I was under the assumption lemon law only applies to new cars.

Their $500 doesn't cover the other $700 I'd have to put into it - they also said they're charging me a $115 diagnosis bill.

Unless it is in writing, it means nothing.Also, is there any proof you didnt fuck it up?

No, but it also can't be proved I fucked it up either.

So are my only options posting the bill and honest reviews all over their social media pages and dealer sites? I honestly think that's going to be the only thing I can do. I really would rather say fuck their $500 just to tell other people about their shady used cars. The A/C still works, just a loud clicking noise from under the hood.

Would it be okay to use the A/C?

It is also an official Hyundai dealer and they respond to their reviews on google and facebook. So I'm sure they'll read mine when I go in detail of the lying salesman and rude and condescending managers by names.

You can but it wont do anything. All your review will come off as is you not knowing what you were doing

When I write how they promised they don't sell junk cars and their 160 point mechanical inspections didn't catch the dying compressor, many other dumb, blind consumers like me will see it and ignore their location. Not everyone, including me obviously, cannot be rused.

If people see that I found a $1,000 issue with my car not even a week after owning it, and they refused to fix it, and only give $500, while also still charing the $115 diagnosis, they will not shop there unless they're leasing a new Hyundai Santa Fe or something. But nobody who researches the dealer first will go there for an used car.

Also I will mention their staff by names and tell how rude and extremely condescending and egotistical every one is. Fuck them.

Ya didn't even turn on the fuckin ac benefit buying it. You're a moron.

I actually did during the test drive, it was a couple days after purchase and the first time turning it on myself.

Well either way you're retarded. Here's the real solution, take the five hundred, go to autozone, buy a blower motor, replace it yourself in a half hour or less, pocket the remaining $450. Problem solved, now go brag to your idiot friends how you totally owned that dealer.

Talk to your state attorney general after visiting their website. Your state probably has an automobile laws section, so look that up for the laws regulating used cars and warranty problems on them.

I looked it up and it looks like Kentucky does not have any lemon law for used cars. In my opinion, your best bet is to just take it on the chin and accept their $500. You can do the work yourself. A new compressor isn't that expensive

>(they) told me
>"mechanical inspection"
>(their) service center
>(They) told me (they) don't sell me junk.
that's 5 moments you just practiced blind faith.

You willingly got swindled.

Inspections are fucking meaningless and fucking useless. The inspection means everything is working AT THE TIME OF THE INSPECTION. If it shits out a week later that's your problem.

This is why people lease brand new cars now days.

I dont think this is why people lease brand new cars.

Brand new cars have warranty protection on literally just about everything.

> No legal protections
> No warranty
> Land of thuh freeeee!

OP was free to be a retard and make a shit purchase.

>bought 99 ranger last august
>shitty fucking synchros on 1st and 2nd gear
>no radio
>replaced leaky radiator and starter
>fixed fried battery terminals

so how much is a transmission job on synchros?

is it better to swap a new tranny or get deep in the transmission and fix what the hell is in there?

You're better off buying a banger on Craigslist than you are going to a low budget dealership.

Throw a fucking rock through a large pane of window

Yeah, that happens to every nice person the first time. Then you accidentally knock your shin on the bumper one day and notice that half the plastic clips that hold it on are missing, and that portions of the paint are slightly less faded than the others. Then you look even closer and notice that the holes on the bumper where the missing clips go don't line up with anything they might fasten to.

Next time ask for it in writing, with details on what was inspected, and by who.

Get a refund and buy other car from other dealer.