Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xxa8d0YM_10
youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when your roads look like this youd like to take a break sometime

Corners slow you down.

tail of the dragon is piss easy babby shit
fuck off shill

to put in perspective why we have oval tracks and why they have such prominence:

ovals let you continually pick up speed. every car on the circuit is going so fast they're half drifting/half grip in every turn.

Perfect for testing the outer limit of a car

>318 corners in 11 miles
>Speed Limit: 30MPH

Top fucking kek

You're a fucking idiot.

you can't attack corners and eat your seven happy meals at the same time

youtube.com/watch?v=xxa8d0YM_10

we like road courses too but ovals were easy and cheap to set up which helped venue owners stay in business compared to a massive custom road course that costs a fuckload and then 18 people show up because you're in bumfuck nebraska

Nice refutation buckaroo

They don't. The US is a big country and they just figured out in the late 19th Century that the most efficient way to get around was the straightest line possible and a grid system. Railroads united both Atlantic and Pacific coasts and major hubs across the nation. In the post-WW2 years, the nation embraced the interstate highway system.

You really live up to your name

What I don't get is why they refer to an oval track like OP's as having 4 turns
Surely it's just 2

>were easy and cheap to set up

kek

when one of the drag strips opened up around here it was just a 1/4 mile stretch of dirt

I don't get this meme.

The US has more mountain roads than Japan, more back roads than Russia, and yes more straight highways than Germany. It's a big place with several different types of roads. In the Mojave you're gone have straight open highways, in the Sierra-Nevadas you'll have touge, in the bayous of Louisiana and Texas you'll have windy unpaved barely traversable back roads, in Appalachia you get the holy grail of long downhill straights, windy mountain roads, bendy dirt and gravel roads, and sometimes you'll get all that in one.

But because the US's car culture is so old we tend to prefer the only important metric of a car's performance (in 1936), straight line speed.

Why are europoors so afraid of Americans?

this.
It's like stancing: you just pay for engine upgrades and you're the star of the club.
It rewards monetary investment over skill or passion.
Literally stance but you hold a pedal down every once in a while

I'll explain the meme. Europeans don't live here. They don't know even grid cities have winding and banked back roads for everything. I have a loop in my town I take made up of a few roads. it basically keeps me off every major road and I can cover ground in 3 towns.

Bet you're a pro racer with you .3L cuckbox, right?

you don't get it, we are making fun of your boat """cars""

We create cars like the Dodge Demon, of course we hate corners.

>it's just 2

It's obvious that you've never driven on an oval track. Even in video games there are multiple distinct turns. You can even look at cockpit cams and note how often the drivers turn the wheel.

>Camaro SS 1LE
>weighs about 70 lbs more than an M2
>is slower around a track by about 3/4 a second despite being NA and having minus 60 lb ft torque and 30 hp
>costs 15k less

??

LT 1LE I mean.

I get it, I guess. But it's really not that funny to people who see behind the curtain.

Why do you still think it is the 80s or 90s? Catch up with reality faggot

>pushrods

>average European road

>Average american road

>getting btfo'd by pushrods

Their cars can't turn.

OH NOES CORNERS
British roads are so bendy that your little 'epic cornerz road!!11!!' is like a basic drive to the next town.

pike's peak is gorgeous, my family's favorite vacation spot.

I guarantee I could get a full sized american truck through those turns faster than your 50hp shitboxes.

you wanna try? You´d get rekt since all your life has been consisting on being "best of the best race god" by holding down throttle in your automatic truck whenever a car weaker than yours pulls up to you

>being THIS mad
lol

kys Ethan

I'd love to. It's my dream to bring a big ass truck with me to that shithole and raise hell.

youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU

Here's a literal "no turn" truck destroying the living fuck out of the pride of Britain, a Radical Turbo.

Rolling over isn´t cornering.

Oh Ethan...

>it's the half-hourly "I'm angery about America" thread.

Except it LITERALLY is

>going the speed limit on the touge

Wait until the next roadkill is on youtube, some niggas drove a full size cadillac limo through the TOD

Tfw american outdated tech beats BMW engineering

>curves

>British roads

>M1
>not contraflow with 50mph limit
Confirmed fake

>I'd love to. It's my dream to bring a big ass truck with me to that shithole and raise hell.

You'd get stuck tight in a small village, and all the children would laugh at you as the fire brigade cut it apart piece by piece to unfuck the road you blocked.

The US has more roads than Russia?

kek

Because american cars cannot turn

Enough you shill, I already want a factory five very badly.

Need $$ and a garage first tho

>mfw started shilling ffr years ago and several more people actually want one now

I've wanted a kit car for years, but did not like all the shitty replicas. I wouldn't trust myself to do a safe one-off tube chassis without years of R&D and a team of engineers. The GTM and 818 are very appealing for these reasons.

I'm leaning towards a GTM for full gaudy arrogance but I don't like the sound of any of the v8s I've heard in it.

Most of a v8's sound is firing order and exhaust. X pipe pitches it up, h pitches it down. What have people put in it besides LS series? Modular?

>Slower than a radical

American cars cant turn

i dont get it either other than euros trying to distract themselves from how much they hate themselves.

i live out in the country on the borders of the appalachia where its all curves and shit hills everywhere. straight line roads are only found on the main highways here heading to the big cities. even our country highways have massive gravel patches on them.

i assume theyre just mad cuz they go the expensive route on their vehicles and we get the same/better results finding cheaper ways to do it here.

>British roads are so bendy
Yeah, in the Highlands maybe. Round here the twistiest road consists of four right angle corners over 0.6 miles. On every other road the corners are barely perceivable.

we have plenty that turn. just cus we are able to handle both speed and handling doesnt mean you can hate on us

>American cars
>Turning

i drive an early 90s chevy and it tears thru country roads. modern domestics have caught on and figured it all out that driving fast doesnt cut it for everyone. our cars are as diverse as our landscape. most euro cars i see are driven by snobs and just own them cuz theyre expensive, or are bought by rich kids parents so rich kid can act like a dick.

if youve never got your hands dirty in your own vehicle then dont talk about cars. if you dont realize there are great cars built everywhere then youre just as bad as they are.

cause we like to go fast and stay fast. chicanes are for pussies, real niggas drive straight through them.

Yes. If we're not counting animal trails as roads. You realize most of Russia is empty wilderness?

The NORTH

If you dare.

Seriously even normies pick speed and go 15-20 over. I went the speed limit on my bike once, accounting for a speedo that reads 5 low, and got honked at and passed by a fucking minivan.

On a road lined with parks and walking trails.

literal benchracing

>318 curves

Yeah and probably a cop with a radar gun sitting at every bend

>ovals are literally just two giant corners put together
>why are Americans afraid of corners?

You do realize just how retarded you sound, right?

Circles have infinite corners.