/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

>Latest News

>Skullgirls News
Max Undizzy sequences have been nerfed.
Now there's just bugfixes while we wait for Japanese VO paperwork to be finished. See the full details here: store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=208610

>Indivisible News
We've got less than 5k to go for voice acting!
indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/

>Beginner Stuff
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In

>Official Forums for both games
skullheart.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ckQw50MTeTY&t=10m5s
smutghetti.tumblr.com/image/158043334252
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=61784334
twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/838853336610680834
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2747378
youtu.be/XC4c2AattXU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvius_Narcisse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too bad this place keeps dying.

anyway, zone's been working on the new monster some more.
I haven't tried to find a good clip for the other new attacks yet, but here's what I grabbed for now.

I think its better we wait until there's a news announcement or something you want to talk about.

If the thread is going to keep dying at this rate, than there is no real point. Unless someone is ready to do an image dump

>something you want to talk about
well I think the new indiv monsters are looking cool, if that counts for something.
you can see this new boss also does that blocking animation I talked about last time.

blocking enemies will change the game a lot, because it means you will have to react to their behavior while you attack.
no more free damage for every attack button, so you'll have to "hit-confirm" your combos.

The giant flea thing's pretty stellar

I wonder how the blocking will work exactly. Will some characters have guardbreaker moves? Do you just wait for them to stop blocking?

If dubs thread is saved

Take 2

Aeon, why have you forsaken me...?

youtube.com/watch?v=ckQw50MTeTY&t=10m5s

I wonder who it was...

smutghetti.tumblr.com/image/158043334252

yeah Mike's mentioned high/lows and guardbreaks too on the devblog
>As for what will change about what’s already in the prototype, here’s a summary:

>Enemies that can defend, dodge, counter, guard break, have different attack patterns, and even more combat intricacies.

>For example, breaking an enemy’s guard might require a few heavy attacks in a row,
>or could be more quickly accomplished with a closely-timed combination of high and low (Up and Down) attacks like in a fighting game.

>Having your attack get dodged might cost you an extra Action bar, or add a significant amount of cooldown to that character.
>Or dropping a combo may cause some enemies to block for a while, so it’s important not to mess up.

he might make it so big multihit moves like Tungar's up-attack or supers could be good guardbreaks,
so that's why you might keep them on a team instead of another dude who hits hard but can't guardbreak very well

thinking about this stuff just really makes me wanna play the beta already.
are they going to show more gameplay before the beta?

>you will never rest your head between those thighs

I noticed people have been making heated comparisons between Horizon and the new Zelda.
Basically Old IP hype vs. New IP hype. Cartoony vs. Gritty. etc.

I kinda hope this isn't what happens between Bloodstained and Indivisible.
Hopefully they release at different times next year so they don't get compared too much.

But you know it will happened eventually. Nature of the internet.

Not a fan of Phoebe but Ajna is so cute here.

More ajna

thankfully, she's got the mostest.

and can't forget roti

How brown is she

Very

milk chocolate

Thats not black, is it?

There are a bunch of Bloodstained fans on their forums that are backers on Indiv too, so hopefully they might curb any sort of rivalry between the communities themselves.

Not much you can do about the media though. I'm sure there'll be another big wave of articles about the merit of crowdfunded games once Bloodstained is out.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=61784334

wow, that fortune is browner than usual.
not that I'm complainin

any Shantaerians still around?

twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/838853336610680834

Part of me doesn't want them to break their usual routine, but it would also be nice for Beta to be Retail already.

Feral tummy is best tummy

she's not gonna fit in that outfit much longer

>draw a random body and stick Fortune's head on it

Her entire appeal is that she's lean. Why do artists do this? I don't even like Fortune and this shit bothers me.

well lots of these pics feature fortune with bigger boobs too, or thicker legs. same deal.
artists just draw what they wanna draw.

looks like umvc3 is almost out on steam.
I wonder what kind of playerbase that game will end up with.

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2747378

Depends entirely on how the netplay is. PS4's floundered because it's running on the 360 netcode.

This won't be any different then, they're not rewriting new netcode just for one platform.

Is Filia the type of girl to date a guy that asks nicely?

After that final H could you tag into Parasoul to punish the burst?

youtu.be/XC4c2AattXU the Indivisible Dynamic theme music

Sometimes I just let my PS4 sit and play it. It's really relaxing.

That's soothing

Out of the incarnations whose redesign has yet to be revealed:
>your favorite
>what it would take to ruin them
>your least favorite
>what it would take to improve them

Thorani.
I guess changing her dress. I really hope she isn't redesigned.

Clawmaster's voice is really grating to listen to, that combined with his style of "dictate everything on screen" doesn't help.

This is a bit too easy to answer given we only have images and a quick blurb.

>>your favorite
Toko
>>what it would take to ruin them
Easy to make "tragic" characters sullen and one-dimensional. Hoping her interaction with other incarnations makes for good religious/spiritual discussion and she develops organically.

>>your least favorite
I dunno, maybe Ren.
>>what it would take to improve them
Good dialogue I guess. Seems too likely anything out of his mouth will be lolgay or teleports-behind-you.

Reminds me of an FFIX song, forget which.

>Seems too likely anything out of his mouth will be lolgay or teleports-behind-you.

I want to see them tackle nothingpersonnelkid in a self-aware manner

That... would be a first, I suppose.

Lanshi.
Unless they change him into not-a-doggo, I don't think anything could ruin him.

I'd say my least favorite would probably be Narssus. His design is kinda gross, and, idk, something about the slavery backstory just rubs me the wrong way. Would like to see that rewritten, but I assume the lore is mostly set in stone.

Ded

This combo took over ten minutes to get correctly so I hope you all like it.

At Titan Knuckle distance, it wouldn't work. Parasoul's tag is too slow.
Even if you're closer to them I don't think it's a very good burst bait punish, since Parasoul dismounts her bike a good distance from where it hits and she can't follow it up with anything.

At Titan Knuckle distance you CAN cancel into H LNL which would punish their burst if they're mashing, but they have no reason to burst there. It's more to squeeze in a little bit of damage and look cool.

conde peti

Dammit now I feel mad.

What happened user

I don't see how people can hate Narssus. I love him and was admittedly stoked when I saw a character's backstory taken almost detail for detail from a source I already was very familiar with seeing as the source materials which influenced the other characters are all mostly to me.

mostly new to me*

>Leilani
If they dropped the chainsaw or made her less cute
>Narssus
Just scrap his design entirely. Maybe redo it? I can't see how to salvage him.

>made her less cute
That would be a crime against humanity
>I can't see how to salvage him.
I'd fix his nose and remove the heart decal for starters

>your favorite
Really hard to pick, but I'll say Zahra. I love bards and I'd love to see how they'd handle gameplay for her.
>what it would take to ruin them
If she wasn't playable, I would be really sad. Based on how the redesigns have gone, I don't see them doing anything to totally change her much.

>your least favorite
I'll say Ren as well. Just because he seems like he'll be a pretty predictable character-type.
>what it would take to improve them
Probably just seeing him in motion. If he has cool attacks I'll still try him on a team.

>Favorite
Currently Phoebe
>What would it take to ruin them
Playstyle
>Least Favorite
Narassus probably. Though I don't hate him.
>What would improve them
Playstyle.

General if the character is fun to use or useful, I'll be using them more than the others.

Narssus is one of the redesigns I'm looking forward to the most. I'm interested to see how they tweak him with gameplay in mind.

>something about the slavery backstory just rubs me the wrong way. Would like to see that rewritten
That's kind of the major point of his character. He's based on this guy: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvius_Narcisse

Most RPGs go for the Lich/Necromancer angle when it comes to zombies, so this alternate perspective will be sad but refreshing.

Narssus being the most tragic character, also brings some deep themes of humanity to the story.
I could definitely see him being a big motivator for Ajna and the team. If he can still find the will to live and fight, so should they.

I can't imagine they'd need to change her much.
She'll probably get a similar treatment that Dhar did unless her backstory changed a lot.

When you think about it, the redesign on Bao's outfit might actually be more evidence that Toko and Sangmu will be playable too.

Because with the heavy coats, long sleeves and billowed skirts, they all kind of had similar silhouettes before, along with Razmi.

Since Bao's cannon was going to have to change a lot anyway, they might have seen that as an opportunity to also shift her clothing in a slightly different direction from the others too, while still keeping her in-character.

Just a thought, since I'm still hopeful for the other two.

Aslong as my favourite incarnation makes it im okay with redesigns

Holy shit Skullgirls looks bad

this game looks gaytarded

Same. Pretty much every character will look better when we're kicking ass with them anyway.

Beta in retail when

looks like soon, for PC anyway.

hopefully Sony's approval process doesn't take too long for the console stuff.

How long has sony been stalling anyway?

the new patch just made it to sony, so they haven't stalled yet.
but we know from past patches that the process can take a while.

What about console lobbies

console lobbies are already a thing. these are bugfixes and the last balance patch that mike squeezed in for undizzy.
once its approved it becomes the version that ships with JP voices and the LRG disc.

question, who was that guy who decided to animate Black Dahlia a bit for funsies, and how's progress on that thing? got me curious now

Do people really need to keep asking about Switch ports so much?
Can't they just scroll up/down and see the same question's been asked, and answered, a dozen times already?

Post more marie

whens the next big news