Redpill me on monero

Redpill me on monero

Other urls found in this thread:

moneroblocks.info/
blog.kraken.com/post/155126375697/kraken-launches-monero-trading
monero.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/ringct
moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fork happens in two days, be prepared to sell before the fork. look at march 14th 2016 on the ETHBTC polo chart. thats when homestead fork happened. the same will happen with monero. buy the dip.

Already sold. You're talking about RingCT, yes?

Wtf is a fork

Branching off a previous version of the software. About 7 days left.
moneroblocks.info/

yes, do you know if it is the 5th? the reddit post says the 9th then says the 5th so its confusing

can a split happen between the versions of the software like it happened with ETH and ETC?

a fork is a tool in the form of a trident consisting of a handle with several narrow tines on one end

I saw that, but it's whenever the blockchain hits block 1220516, apparently.

Is anybody familiar with an exchange called Kraken? They are trading XMR as of today.

blog.kraken.com/post/155126375697/kraken-launches-monero-trading

nevermind

moneroblocks.info/

long way to go, but not much left to get excited about so ive sold

And it dips after this?

Yes there is already a Monero clone called Aeon. I haven't looked into it much yet.

Apparently it did the last time and exchanges like Kraken are saying to expect a lot of volatility around this time.

See here. I imagine all the exchanges are dealing with the issue of upgrading soon.

yes they have gone down at very bad times, but it is great to see more fiat routes for XMR. will definitely rebuy.

fiat -->kraken-->monero-->dnm-->monero-->kraken-->fiat

an economy is born

I use it but it sucks wish btc was just like the Central bank for all coins

I mean coinbase

Deep as fuck

I'm a total noob but this shit looks legit/more trouble than it's worth

Coinbase charge almost 4% fees for Britbongs buying in

It's cheaper via bank transfer but that shit takes days to clear and my bank charges a fee on that too

fuck. why fork just when kraken added it and it goes to the moon

maybe they do it on purpose

still wanting to hear how monero is going to keep their network decentralized given that if it was as used as bitcoin, the blockchain would be huge and node count would drop to the floor or be run by corporations... it will stay a niche coin.

>Redpill me on monero
niggah you're two years late to the game, we were telling everyone to buy xmr in summer of 2014 when their ui was just a terminal lol

It is trading on the KRAKEN!!!
Now the Chingching exchanges...
>Explosion

niggah you're late, just deal with it.

i cant figure out how to buy it

i'll buy $50 worth for the fuck of it and sit

Secret club sorry faggot

buy mine

So they are trading fiat straight to xrm? That's great news!

Yep. Projected $300,000 million gain to the market cap.

Anyway it's still goin up.

$16.08 (14.02%)

So why the fuck are the forking now?

monerodirect, supports okpay, start bulking up, tickets to the moon arent common, i'm already looking for houses to purchase.

Monero is the only coin that is fungible. It has the potential to rival bitcoin eventually.

From what I understand DASH (Digital CASH) is also fungible. Worth a look.

black market love monero

Now closing in behind ETH in the market cap.

>coins sent to another crypto address are the same ones that were in the original address

Why is it forking?

fud, this is nothing like ethereum (the master shitcoin), the hardfork is to enable ringct transactions

monero.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/ringct

Is mining monero worth it? I can build a rig and get a return on that investment in about half a year.

you understand it wrong (or you are failed dash shill trying to appeal to the ignorance here), dash has rich lists, its not private by default like zcash it fails

moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

best way to buy monero?

can't you read?

Yeah they explain what but not why

There are regular rolling hardforks for Monero every six months or so that will becoming less frequent and will probably stop altogether eventually.

The hard forks include changes that have very strong consensus because they are part of the overall plan for monero to become a private and untraceable currency. It will just take some time to build it all out and some of the new features will require hard forks.

This hardfork the headline feature is the activation of RingCT trasactions. This completely obscures the amounts of each transaction, making transactions more private while also increasing the potential mix set for every transaction.

tl;dr
RingCT: a way to implement confidential transactions in Monero. Confidential transactions (CT) is a proposed method for hiding the value of transactions in Bitcoin.

>node count would drop to the floor or be run by corporations
FUD.

Or rather, nobody knows for sure how it will play out.

Side chains will develop that will handle most transactions. The only differences from bitcoin are that transactions won't grind to a halt between now and sidechains and the sidechains will be built on top of a fungible base money.

but Monero can't scale user, blocksizes increases with demand but it scales worse than bitcoin!

>nomoneroj logic

fuck you thats why

Jesus the caliber of Monero holders has really gone down with the price increase. Inevitable I guess.

Thanks for clarifying user. If you had to fork a coin which one would you choose? Based on a compromise between security, anonymity and normie regulations

Monero. Maybe Aeon. I wouldn't though. Unless you have an exceptional reason and I'm sure you don't. I guess if you're dedicated to scamming you could make something out of it.

monero got shitted down for years, now im rich and its my turn

Whats the best coin to exchange for right now.

>Monero going down
>Bitcoin going down

>>Bitcoin going down
how

the facts in the bitcoin thread are not soild

It is a "redshield" run non anonymous coin traded by it's host Poloniex.

Poloniex keeps excellent transaction records just waiting for the salivating IRS to step in subpoena records.

Poloniex thinks when Bitcoin gets raped that it will take over the cryptocurrency scene with it's non anonymous coin Monero.

What involvement are you alleging that Poloniex has with the creation of Monero?

Back when Poloniex first open its trading doors everytime you first entered their trading page it took you directly to XMR.

They also had XMR trading pairs even though the coin was worth next to nothing.

They showcased it because they were involved in it.

I asked a mod once and they never owned up to it but it was obvious.

You don't run a cryptocoin trading engine and default to the XMR market as users go on your page unless you are getting a piece of the pie.

The redshield reference is towards the sites owner who calls himself "Busoni" he sports a redshield in his trollbox when he graces his little piggies.

Redshield = Rot Shild = Rothschild

They are waiting for Bitcoin to crash so all the Bitcoin day traders pile hard into XMR making it the number one black market crypto.

This is why you are seeing XMR fegs hit Veeky Forums now.

They want to capitalize on the upcoming BTC dump.

THe problem with their user showcase coin is that they are KYC compliant and require nothing less than a blood sample to take large winnings out of their exchange in attempt to prevent a run.

Their records are immaculate and the IRS will hit them as they are based in Montana.

Wouldn't be surprised if they get hacked on a yuuuge BTC dump.

So when Monero forks and you aren't interested in selling what you've got, do you have to do anything?

Because I've only got 1.3 XMR and I don't want to sell it just for $20.

so, I should get rid of my poloniex account ASAP?

jokes on them i only have losses at poloniex

There will be a dip coming up in the next few days after the hard fork. This will be a good time to buy in and hold for a while, there's real potential in 2017 for XMR, take it slowly and enjoy the ride (;

>Muh coin going down better jump shit

Stay poor N O C O I N E R

That's a lot of speculation to consider.

>the problem with their user showcase coin is that they are KYC compliant
You're referring to the exchange and not xmr, right? The coin itself offers greater anonymity. Unfortunately, most exchanges seem to offer no anonymity.

Why do you think there will be a BTC crash? The only reason I can see as of yet is if the market unanimously decides XMR is superior and completely lose faith in BTC. But I don't see what would cause them to lose faith in BTC.

What is the reason for the dip after a hard fork? It doesn't make sense because there's no reason to dump your XMR just because of a software fork.

The non-ringCT transactions won't be phased out until the v5 fork which, I assume, will be in September as usual. This fork was originally scheduled for March, but is being pushed to release early due to China's recent five year plan which is expected to adopt the use of ringCT.

As I understand, there have only been two previous hard forks. One on March 23 and the next on September 21 of 2016. I believe the last fork required all users to update.

In August, XMR grew in large part due to hype about dark net markets adopting it, reportedly for its anonymity. There were all kinds of problems among users and speculation about pump and dump schemes orchestrated by these sites which was then reported and fueled uncertainty.

These reports of uncertainty all coincided with the September fork and likely had a lot more to do with influencing the market plummeting than the fork did.

This time there is much more legitimate market interest in XMR, a GUI wallet, and strong confidence in BTC coming off the holiday season. I don't see a hard fork causing a dip and, if anything, establishing ringCT will strengthen confidence in XMR.

I would love for there to be a dip soon, but am I missing something as far as why the hard fork would cause a dip?

runaway....

Buy bitcoin then use an exchange site like shapeshift

Short ETH, keep collateral as BTC and/or XMR.

I'd think it'll be volatile around the fork as Kraken's blogpost mentioned. Easy for people to spread FUD about bugs (and the one that was already fixed -> "what if there's more??"). Of course there _could_ be bugs but it's been in testnet for months now.

You don't have to do anything at all. If you have those on an exchange they'll deal with updating the wallet software. If you were running a node yourself you couldn't send transactions if you hadn't upgraded yet, that's all.

As for scaling, sharding and pruning are entirely possible. LN and Segwit could be done with Monero too. Those are in the far future though. I could see smart mining happening next year but it's not related to scaling.

Other improvements that are coming up: one-time addresses (I don't mean integrated addresses) and multisig which just got funded.

monero is basically the only coin that is no shit and will double/triple its price when btc collapses again.

nuff said

Someone explain what will happen to Monero value-wise when the fork hits so a retard can understand it please

Rothschild owned Poloniex loves inside trading.

They also love keeping great records of ALL your transactions so when the IRS comes taxing will be so easy.

It'd just be speculation. No one knows. This isn't some "oops we done fuk'd up let's roll back things guys" fork though. When will you retards understand that no one can predict the future.

All it will do is enable a range of new improvements to the protocol, most importantly RingCT which will improve anonymity.

i've got some btc and would love to finally get into xmr.
just hoping i can get it for as cheap as possible.

so, realistically, what are the chances that xmr loses some price after the fork?

I bet most of the newbs think Monero will rival bitcoins price soon.

Capped for when you're btfo

It's just another reason to buy more