Is anyone else really intimidated by motorcyclists? As a car enthusiast...

Is anyone else really intimidated by motorcyclists? As a car enthusiast, I feel pathetic standing next to one of these guys. There is something almost romantic about it. No airbags. No seat belts. Just a jet engine between your legs and the hard pavement. How can I even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

yamaha-motor.com.au/hotnews/motorcycle/all-new-aussie-mt-07-arrives
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am a motorcyclist before a car enthusiast. I drive a pretty boring economy city car; and ride a supersport. Everytime I see either a exotic car, or a tastefully modded car; I just hope that me and the driver can click and be friends.

Is it even worth writing
t. Motorcyclist?

every time I see a guy on a harley / hardley I think late life crisis Boomer and crotch rockets I think manchild soon to be dead.

but when I pull up beside a Norton, BSA, or Triumph (not new Triumph shit) I think you sir know a freedom I never shall, you sir are a god among men

and then they stall and you drive off, because you have functioning electronics

Should I buy one? Always loved the BMW bikes. Never owned one before though.

>Should I buy one? A
sure why not

>Just a jet engine

Yeah bikes are all dash and glamour until you actually ride one daily, with the sweat and the rain and the bugs in your teeth and the freezing night rides and no place to even put a bag of groceries.

Real romantic.

>no place to even put a bag of groceries
You're an idiot for not buying saddlebags at the very least
>bugs in your teeth
You're an idiot for not wearing a full face helmet
>freezing night rides
You're an idiot for not wearing layers

biker here

the only way to alleviate this is to become one.

what about a scooter

You all know that it isn't illegal or anything to enjoy both?
Why does it seem lile there's a divide?

Implying my econobox even has a working ac/heater. I freeze and burn more in my car than my bike.

I live in beautiful California right by the beach. There is only one week a year where I might sweat during my commute. And it is just sweat user. God forbid you ever sweat, the world might end.

Every time I see a motorcyclist I think they must be a serious douche bag.

I'll usually contemplate swerving in traffic to hit one that drives between lanes or on the shoulder, I think that they are douche bags THAT much that I would want to damage my own car to keep some sweet satisfaction.

I've only hit one though an that was about 4 years ago

Faggot.

>that was about 4 years ago
You just got out of jail?

>see a motorcyclist
>ram him off the road and he goes flying into a tree
how can bikefags ever compete?

You seem like a dick. Driving my car I could give two shits if a bike passes me on the shoulder or splits lanes. As long as you don't hit my car I could car less.

>Something that never happened

If you want to be friends with car people then don't ride the thibg that turns anyone into an instant asshole.

Always swerving through traffic, loud and obnoxious (tiny bike motors sound like farts), squeezing through tiny gaps and other dangerous stunts and every time something goes wrong they drag a car and driver into damages and debts. Bikers can't fucking behave and have literally zero sense of danger.

The only exceptions are the guys riding classic/oldtimer low-powered bikes because the only people buying those are the people that aren't in a hurry all the time and don't have a tiny dick that makes them wanna show of their """"""superiority"""""" to car drivers.

Caged cuck detected

How many girls did you lose to a biker?

Crotch rocket riders are useless bags of meat full of pent up testosterone and no way to let it out because every aspect of their life is mediocre.

See

Bike fags are so easily triggered.

And you know I'm right.

t Retarded American

In the 1st world filtering is perfectly legal.

ever since I started riding motorcycles my respect for cars and car racing has been steadily diminishing.

It's a hard feeling to describe.

You have two people, both self-described fans of Boxing.
However, one side seems to think boxing is wearing full body heavily cushioned suits while wapping each other with pool noodles

The other group is fight club

and the pool noodle club is constantly shitting on the fight club people for being more dangerous, while also claiming their sport is just as dangerous.

in other words, motorcycling feels more true to the spirit of racing. It's you, a massively disproportionate engine, and two wheels. R
acing a car you have a giant fucking cage and room for three other people in there, all that wasted space adding nothing to the performance of the car, and it all winds being a huge tax on fuel.

it just feels... fake, disingenuous.

Big scooters are the best. its basically a 2 seat car with as much trunk space as a Camaro. but fun to drive and easy to park.

user, I know that feel very well. Ever since I bought a bike. Going fast in a car doesn't do it for me anymore.

Take the MSF course and get a bike, you won't regret it.

I love my supermoto AND my drift car. Is this wrong? (you people hate fun, so this is rhetorical) They do different things. I don't target shoot my pistol at 100 yards and I don't plink targets at 25 with my AR. I don't get the competition.

you can't drift the sumo?

Not yet, no. Haven't really even tried it. Even if I could, the bike doesn't have the power to sustain the slide through the back half of the corner at track speeds. I can back it in and pretend I'm drifting for now, right?

cager nobike sure is salty :^)

Perhaps one day you'll actually ride.

That looks gay with all those saddle bags though

the thing about motorcycles for me is that it just adds so much more to the experience being required to throw around your body weight, having front and rear brakes, being able to clutchless shift etc...

Motorcycles are oldschool PC games, cars are modern AAA console shooters.

Motorcycles are dark souls, cars are dragon age: inquisition

You look gay with all the cager metal around you.

>the thing about motorcycles for me

motorcycles vs cars are like cats vs dogs

cats are smaller, way more aglie, they have retractable claws, they hunt in a ways no dog can do

dogs are clumsier and basically use brute force approach like attacking prey in packs.

riding a motorcycle is akin controlling a cat, many variables, requires faster thinking and faster dicision making. and if you fucked you are proper fucked.

Possibly so since my daily is a duramax. My Vulcan 1500 had bags, but didnt look gay.

>buy a vstar 250 for first bike a few weeks ago
>put a couple hundred miles on it
>broke down on me yesterday
>feel inadequate watching all these dudes drive by on their bikes on a beautiful day
why did nobody tell me how great riding is sooner?

What a load of shit, cats are uncontrollable cunts and vehicles don't have personalities. You do the exact same thing in a motorcycle as in a car, only with much more exposure and involvement. It's like chipping firewood to make a fire to roast meat on it as opposed to buying ribs in some drive-through. You'll arrive at the same destination on a motorcycle as in a car, but on the way you'll have chipped firewood and roasted meat.

i drive a nissan micra most of the year due to climate but i do have a 600cc sport bike for summers when i want to have fun

person who hasnt tried fast bike is missing out a lot

You're a pussy. Stop being a pussy.

Or even a slow bike. You don't have to turn into a chicken stripping squid to enjoy biking.

>What a load of shit, cats are uncontrollable cunts
so are motorcyclists

> and vehicles don't have personalities.

that was an anology

> You do the exact same thing in a motorcycle as in a car, only with much more exposure and involvement. It's like chipping firewood to make a fire to roast meat on it as opposed to buying ribs in some drive-through. You'll arrive at the same destination on a motorcycle as in a car, but on the way you'll have chipped firewood and roasted meat.

kind of but still not even close. you'll likely end dead or have serious injuries if you get into accedent if you are riding a bike comparing to driving car.

also most motorcycles have waaaay better power/weight ratio, and one typically don't commute on a car that has over 500hp per tonn, that being said you are very likely to have an accident waiting again comparing to cars.

>And you know I'm right.
Except he pointed out all the reasons why you're wrong and have no arguments. Why did I even reply?

haha motorcycles are cool.

then you turned 16 and realised everyone who has ever ridden one died or brutally crippled themselves.

but all fun things in life are dangerous

cocaine, fighting etc

That's what makes it so exciting.

verdict on LAMS yamaha MT-07 ???

I've had a couple of old dad neighbors with motorcycles and 4 of them are still alive. Really if you don't drive like a huge jackass you should be totally fine on any vehicle. The passed on neighbor I had was drunk when he lost control.

we are pretty close to full immersion VR, then you can get the same excitement without any risk.

imagine what a giant retard you would feel like if you broken your neck in 2020 only to find out by 2025 we have 100% digital immersion.

i can understand the appeal of a road bike in the 30s, 40s, 50s, shit you might go off and die in a war anyway, live a little. but the 21st century is all about playing it cool and waiting for immortality before you do stupid shit like skydiving or motor sports.

If cats are uncontrollable cunts, then why can I call my cat to come take some löyly with me?

I dunno, man. I think the risk is what makes it so exciting, I don't think it would be the same of you're not actually on the edge of danger. I reckon VR horror games are probably pretty frightening, but actually being kidnapped and tortured by redneck maniacs would be whole other level absolutely terrifying.

It's not the cat, but the owner.

>imagine what a giant retard you would feel like if you broken your neck in 2020 only to find out by 2025 we have 100% digital immersion.
being crippled wouldnt matter much if you could submerge yourself in a totally convincing computer program.

yamaha-motor.com.au/hotnews/motorcycle/all-new-aussie-mt-07-arrives

what does Veeky Forums think ???

Except simulation is never as good as the real thing, video games gave shown us this. Even if you had a full motion rig it still wouldn't feel like you're doing 100mph down a country lane or 50mph up a twisty mountain pass with your knee hovering centimetres above the ground because you can't replicate those sensations.

Apples and oranges, bikes aren't cars and cars definitely aren't bikes.

I don't see the point in hating, life's too short to be bickering about trivial shit like this. It doesn't matter at the end of the day.

3/10 I replied.

Niggers crash them

I don't understand what you mean, but here's another picture of my cat in the sauna.

unless ur a vegetable and can't enjoy it because ur brain is mush.

Some owners think you can't train a cat, so they don't. Making them unpredictable.
My cats listen to me and follow me around all the time. Even making them do tricks before they get food.

i just figured since it's a general purpose ride, an everday rider >600 cc. lams certified, and has great options

(supposedly they'll be including their clutchless shiftbox on it, i forgot what they're called)

and it's not a horribly expensive bike, maybe it would be a great first bike / only bike type deal for a guy who just need good transport.

Think of it this way

If you drive a single seater racecar with no safety equipment, you deserve to be allowed to drive where you can fit. You have no protection from the elements, your tiny race motor has a tiny cooling system, but you are very, very small. So why do you have to wait at the end of a line when you can just drive up to the front of it, because, you are, after all, driving a racecar, and will take off from the front of the line so fast it'll be like you weren't even there. Only that guy in the legit sports car will be anywhere near you.

And then +1 spaces in the que for family haulers.

If traffic is moving below 30mph, let people shoot gaps at 35. Modern cars are so fucking safe that the worst you'll get is body damage from purposefully driving like a dangerous asshole who doesn't signal and intentionally blocks people he's jealous of.

That is really the point I am trying to make here. I don't know how anyone can call themselves a car enthusiast but is too afraid to ride a motorcycle (which most of them are)

>That is really the point I am trying to make here. I don't know how anyone can call themselves a car enthusiast but is too afraid to ride a motorcycle (which most of them are)

typical pussies

they want a car that can do 0-60mph in less than 5s but reject to ride stock bike that does 0-120mph in less than 7.5s.

my first jap bike was GSX-R1100W'95, then I got GSX-R1000K3, then gen2 ZX-10R, then bought GSX-R600K7 as track bike, after spending all $$$ on tires, gear, trackdays, bike parts I sold zx10r and gsxr600 and got hayabusa. what a boring bike. hopefully a turbo and new suspension would make it blast to ride.

clever double bluff you got there, cager

How would you even feel like a retard then?

Thanks for putting words on my feelings.

>what a boring bike.
If you've got cash to burn try European sportbikes, their feeling is really different than japanese bikes. S1000RR, F4RR, Panigale... No way you could find them boring.

I used to think motorcyclists were cool until I actually experienced them
>Holier than thou attitude
>literally cannot go through a tunnel or under an overpass without bouncing off the redline for a few seconds
>lane splitting is fine, but not in places where it's illegal, like where I live.
>muh bikers lives matter where if you even drive within 4 meters of them they starts screaming and try to break off your mirrors

I'm not even joking, anyone that buys a bike should just be euthanized.

>I could give two shits
>I could care less

Fucking yanks

too pricey for me to track them and I see no point in riding on the street on a sport bike.

I'm thinking about getting old GSXR600/750 like I had in the past. It cheap, I still have quite a few spares since I tracked that bike (spare gearbox, front end, rearsets, clip ons, sprockets, wheels, brake rotors, etc etc)

You seem to surround yourself with shitty people.

>Hayabusa
>on track
You're doing it wrong.

I don't know about lams but I've got a 2017 Mt 07 restricted to 48 hp and all I can say is that it's a great bike, even for beginners.
It's incredibly agile and really light and manageable. The only downside (but you get used to it) is a bit of jerkiness during on-offs and a quite strong engine braking.

>restricted to 48hp

jesus

christ

bruh my bike has 14hp

Because most normies are pussies and afraid of dying.

Most other motorcyclists I know fully enjoy cars trucks and bikes, and pretty much anything with an engine, there is no divide with them.

It's for the A2 license that you can get at 18, which allows bikes of any cc but only up to 48 hp.

48hp is absolutely sufficient for smooth twisty riding, tolerable on the highway and suitable for urban traffic.

Mine has something like 10, and limited to 60MPH. That's about as low as you can go.

More like, he seems to surround himself with YouTube videos. Literally none of what he says happens with the people I ride with.

Pretty much this, and the same could be said for car drivers too.

Anyone can cherry pick the bad things from a particular demographic, it's not hard.

GROM

About safety on bike and being douche, the "funny" part is that it's quite impossible to do two identical accident.

Story from my town: Some car backed into some 50cc young driver, who just stood on the parking lot. He went to hospital, they found no harm on the biker. Next day he died of internal organ failure or something like that.

Another story: My friend crashed into deer doing probably >80kmh. He was just in helmet and motorbike jacket. He destroyed front panel and scratched fuel tank. Almost no body damage.

tl;dr, damages on you on motorcycle is 40% how you dress and 60% is luck. You can lay bike with 120kmh on and with good trousers just do a few scratches, or you can fall over near pavement and break your neck.

Ofc this don't allow you to act like driver with dying wish desu

>48hp is absolutely sufficient

Ok, I'm game.
Twisty riding isn't equal to track riding.
High corner speeds are easily attainable so long as you have enough power to get up to speed between corners. Even on a 15% incline a 48hp bike will get from 30mph to 60 in a very short distance provided you select a low enough gear.
You probably think the minimum is a literbike so you can overtake 6 cars between corners without downshifting, which is nice admittedly but absolutely not the minimum requirement.

t. owner of a 600 who has ridden literbikes and 48hp bikes

true they are so comfy with heated grips and seats

riding smaller CC bikes is fun for sure

albeit it dictates different lines and different tactics as you would be trying to save as much corner speed as you can.

I enjoyed riding on a 250cc I4 old kawi on the track, it was really really fun.

[ ridding 600cc, 1000cc gixxers and ninja on the track, and busa]

>tfw Brit
I want to ride a motorcycle to commute since I don't have my car any more and taking the bus sucks, but I'm worried about the wind and rain seeing how I live in the North East. I'd also only be riding a 125 since I don't want to get the A2 license just to have to pay for another test in 2 years.

CBF125.

Surely you can save up £80 in two years?

>implying they just let you pass on your first go
kek
anyway, I'd have to buy 3 bikes over 2 years since you need to take the test on a bike that meets the requirements, and I'd want to buy a 125 first to get practice in.

I passed first go. I agree about the expense though, if you're almost 24 wait for direct access and get a nice soft 500 or 650 to last a few miles.

Being in a car with no heater in winter is babbyshit compared to being on a bike in the winter

I'm 21. It just sucks that direct access still requires you to take a practical.
If I wanted a bike that could do both A2 and A tests, I'd need to pick out something with 595cc+ and 40kW, that can be restricted down to 35-20kW so that it doesn't exceed 0.2 kW/kg, right?

Yes, that's why Kawasaki's 650s are so popular. Basically pick any motorbike up to 94 bhp and restrict it (or get someone who'll sign the paperwork for you) and use it for a few years.