/srg/ - Speedrunning General

give up the obsession edition

Useful speedrunning links:
speedrun.com/ - Has most, if not all records of runners doing certain games. Many runs have a recording so you can learn what the runners have done.

tasvideos.org/ - Tool-assisted speedruns. Shows how a game can be run in optimal conditions. As expected, they're quite fast paced and pull off many frame perfect actions. They're also useful for an RTA, as these videos are useful for learning routes and certain techniques.

Dead speedrun resource websites:
forum.speeddemosarchive.com/ - previous site for GDQ discussion but GDQs are done interacting with the community now.

speedrunslive.com/ - Previous site to find speedrun streams and to race. Twitch's implementation of "communities" made this site irrelevant now.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x4tMXYJx7zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that stream monster who is obsessed with squid and thinks he knows everything about super mario 64

So uhh
What games are you guys speedrunning?

>that squid nuthugger who thinks 70 star is a hard category lmao

What is your 70 star time, obsessed freak?

reminder 17 star is the ultimate category

remember when cheese said he'd get the 16 star wr and then quit 2 weeks later when he realized how much better xiah is?
120 star is a category for braindead grind monkeys who are neets and can play 10 hours a day. Xiah would get the wr in a month if he didn't have a job and could grind out a run without big mistakes.

Speedrunning is about results, not what ifs.

>14

Xiah is the best player because he has the best times on almost every star. Nobody is disputing that.

go back to bitching on twitter rob

Goose just wants some huge streamer whose words he can take as gospel to decide everything in all of speedrunning, because he's retarded. Part of me thinks that he doesn't actually believe this garbage, and this is what's really going on:

>goose sees mrhyrulegamer's video that rips on speedrunning
>the video is dumb bait to make speedrunners angry, but gets a lot of attention
>"if I do something similar, I'll get attention!"
>now he's baiting speedrunners all the time with all the exact same points

Also:
>mrhyrulegamer did the exact same thing when he saw apollo legend's videos

It's bait. Stop biting.

cuck

Hey Werster, just saw your S3K run at AGDQ2013 with Mike89.

Hope you do more co-op runs with him soon, thanks.

I'm to busy getting my wife and her son to australia.

Megaman zero 3, was thinking of doing an S-Rank or a 100 point run

THIS IS HUGE

Spread the word:

If you get accepted into SGDQ2017, keep a lookout for a new reimbursement program. Runners may receive up to $500 for travel and hotel reimbursement.

grindxmonkey

*recoils*
*is injured*
*suddenly shrinks back*
I've been found out!

EXACTLY 89 seconds apart

Keep sucking off your youtube stream monsters butt buddies, Goose. The whole community is laughing at you.

birdxbrain

gotta offset the laundering ;)

how do you go from this...

... to this

>The whole community is laughing at you.
His hugboxes (his chat and /r/samandtolki) aren't.

What mental illness does Goose have?

all of them

Goldeneye is the ultimate brainless grind monkey speedgame.

is cosmo going to be at sgdq2017?

goldeneye is a pretty good IL game. however, most of the ILs are optimized now. they really should retime all those tied records and have an accurate leaderboard.

Good luck retiming a distorted webcam video from 1990!!

>goldeneye is a pretty good IL game
lmao no it's not. the RNG is fucking absurd. i can think of metric shitloads of games that would work better as IL games, including games where the community doesn't give a fuck about ILs.

What speedgame is this? Looks fun

Boktai
I don't actually think it lends itself to being a speedgame though

thanks for the late response!

>the RNG is fucking absurd
There's also almost no tech and you spend a huge amount of time staring at the floor. It's mindnumbingly boring and the community speaks volumes about how retarded you'd have to be to enjoy something so blatantly terrible..

there are some memes of it
lunar knights tho

>spend two years in the Laplace after every boss battle
I love the games, but I just don't think they're good speedgames--that and you're basically forced to run Boktai 1-3 an emulator

Thanks m8

my favourite speed runner voted trump. did yours???

>Witwix
Yep!

knitwix

so, how's botw looking as a speedgame?

about as good as narcismo

the ironic thing is that xiah and almost all japanese runners are the real grind monkeys because the moment they step foot into 120 star, they die in 5 minutes since they can't do their IL strats anymore

>things that have never happened

it's a shoe in for every marathon here on out.

Will ZFG ever recover from all this exposure on how terrible of a gamer he actually is?

>the meme where people are experiencing a game casually, getting lost, getting stuck, all the normal things, and people shame them for it

it shows inability to do anything other speed
even worse with it being in the same series

GTAB fag

Not it doesn't you fucking imbecile. BOTW plays nothing like any of the other Zelda's, it's completely different in almost every aspect. Even if it was an OOT clone, getting stuck, getting lost etc is part of playing a game casually. That isn't inability, that is actually playing a video game.

Stream monsters are so fucking stupid.

>Stream monsters are so fucking stupid.
classic
face up to the fact ur grease blob sucks

>the whole community
if the speedrunning community is laughing at you, you are DEFINITELY doing something right.

"we"

is uyama our guy

yes he is. considering everyone that runs a game this SGDQ may be eligible for up to $500 of reimbursement, mike uyama is finally listening to the people and helping the runners out.

why are 90% of male speedrunners so sexy (pic related)

HNNNNGH

Where will Cheese choke this one?

Cheese is a better speedrunner than you will ever be.

Cheese on easy 139 pace. Get in here lads.

>nuthuggers so mad at on-topic posts that they mass report them

Just complain to the mods in the IRC then.

One could argue even painting your nails is on-topic.

reallllllly gets the noggin joggin'

>three screenshots of the same single stream

what did I mean by this?

Why is Grav so obsessed with Cosmo?

>tfw cosmo's estimate might have been correct if he didn't neuter himself and his public image and sold out like trihex
we're on the bad timeline

then we'd better SHIFT

He should be able to get himself up to about 700-1k regularly if BOTW becomes a competitive speedgame.

based h*cking grav

he and i used different screenshots? am i missing something, autist?

plum totally traps on the side

so how would he going to deal with people spamming tranny shit at him if he actually got 5k+ viewers, melt down and transition back to a boy?

which is why cosmo is wearing different clothes in the screenshots, you dumb faggot

didnt mean to quote you my bad bro

>you can't change clothes during a stream
whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa

stop posting

youtube.com/watch?v=x4tMXYJx7zw

He won't get 5k viewers as a tranny.
Hell, I'm sure most people wouldn't even realize that he has transitioned. There's nothing feminine about him anymore.

>Oct 29, 2008
don't start this creeping into the past shit again

>give up the obsession edition
says the obsessed SHITTER who keeps posting the same useless op over and over again

*bonobo howling*

can you please stop being obsessed with his OP?

Never met the guy, sorry.

Enjoy your /vr/ thread I guess.

Stop posting this retarded shit faggot

NEW GENERAL: /revog/

/srg/ IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO FALLING OFF Veeky Forums FOR GOOD. PRAISE THE LORD.

we're waiting for cosmo to return to us and wind waker

is that too much to ask

kek

trihex will host him, guaranteed