I have a theory that car manufacturers are not making any good cars on purpose...

I have a theory that car manufacturers are not making any good cars on purpose. Anyone with half a brain knows that the only two fucking requirements this board has is 350+ hp/torque and RWD/AWD in some sort of sedan or coupe. That is it. How difficult is it to do that? Why can't any manufacturer fucking get this right? Every single car on the market is some frankenstein abomination that does OK in 9 out of 10 categories and then completely shits the bed in the last category making it entirely worthless.

I just don't understand.

The automobile industry needs Veeky Forums as much as the videogame industry needs /v/.

>I have a theory that car manufacturers are not making any good cars on purpose. Anyone with half a brain knows that the only two fucking requirements this board has is 350+ hp/torque and RWD/AWD in some sort of sedan or coupe. That is it. How difficult is it to do that?

Simple:

There are excellent cars that fit the requirements but but the price is way to high for a young kid to afford.

What's left: used cars with aftermarket support so an owner get things done right.

The prices are high because the car is inflated with a bunch of useless garbage. We don't need your meme traction control, meme ABS, meme collision detection, meme lane assist, meme auto-park, meme navigation, meme directional bixenon headlights, meme sunroof, meme back up cam, meme roadside assistance, meme plastic engine covers, or any other meme bullshit you can think of

It's called aftermarket you fucking autistic specsheet wanker.

>stock production cars
literally who gives a fuck

Anyone with half a brain would realize that companies try to produce products that people want to buy.
The average consumer does not give two shits about performance, engineering technology, or styling. They either want the same car their boomer parents drove because muh culture or they want cars that are safe, practical, docile, and fuel-efficient for as cheap as possible.
So car companies keep rolling out the same platform every year, or come out with some new FWD CVT crossover with Macpherson strut suspension in the front, drum brakes in the rear, and driver seats that sit higher than a miata roofline.

>But he's right.
The goal of any car company is to make profit.

The goal is to push people up to the "prestige" options, so they intentionally fuck up the budget options.

This desu. Anybody who gives a shit about stock performance is always gonna be a step behind

The best you can hope for is a company like Porsche, who sells Macans and Cayennes to normies who like nice things, and use the money towards passion projects like the 911.

Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, CTS-V, ATS-V, Pontiac GTO, Pontiac G8, Chevy SS, M4, M3, Viper, and Corvette all literally fit what you want.

Because people on this board are poorfag losers and wouldn't buy it anyway because of some ridiculous reason even if they could afford it

Companies make products for people that can actually buy them

He's too poor to get any of those that's why he's shitposting on Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forumss perfect car

>needs to be fast
>must have at least 500hp
>needs a lap time of -23.12 seconds
>must be RWD while simultaneously being AWD and FWD
>must have plenty of passenger space for 6 passengers while being a 2 door
>must have a 25 speed manual transmission
>can't have 4 cylinder
>can't have 6 cylinder
>can't have 8 cylinder
>can't have 10 cylinder
>can't have 12 cylinder
>can't have any cylinders
>can't be electric
>can't be American
>can't be German
>can't be Japanese
>can't be made on this planet
>must be under $5,000

Happy hunting!

because pic related is the auto industrys target market

>so a Volvo T5 turbo Wagon is the closest thing to a perfect car according to Veeky Forums

sounds about right

Chinese turbine powered car hooked up to a CVT

/org/ here, it's even worse for trucks
what is wanted:
>lockers or good posi
>frame that doesn't twist like a twizzler
>low end torque and a diff that's acceptable
>2 speed transfercase
>350ftlbs/400hp
>comfy seats
>cab that doesn't sodacan
>5 speed with option of stick or auto
>live axles or good independent
not hard, right?
what is gotten
>TCS, ABS, automatic trans only
>one speed transfercase, automatic 4x4 engage that only halfass works
>3.53 diffs
>posi that slips loose more than lindsay lohans cunt
>shitty twizzler frame
>sodacan cabs
>hamster fart of torque but 500hp
>12 forms of integrated wiretap
>axles that need about 6 different adapters to mount a tire larger than 28"
>fucking macpherson tier IFS
>live axle? fuck you, shitty double wishbone rears
>also married transfercase that's cast into the fucking transmission, have fun swapping ratios
it fucking hurts so bad

Modern cars suit the average consumer a hundred times better than cars made twenty years ago did.

We're all autistic outcasts, you fuck.

Chinese car makers should shit out basic RWD coupes

Nah it's just the price of desirable cars is way too high because the vast vast majority of people don't give a shit about autistic enthusiast cars. ND Miata is basically my dream car it just costs twice as much as I'm willing to pay.

that and they fucking add all of the computers possible
>ipad integration, wifi hotspot, autopark, gps, collision detection, collision avoidance, lane holding, phone capability, maintenance alerts, host of other shit
jesus christ in 5 years we won't even need a drivers test at all and the cars will run off of our shit and administer fluids to us while we "drive"
god fucking damn man, remember when you actually had to know how to drive?

Or do like real men do and buy a superbike

gentlemens agreement.

either get involved in a clusterfuck arms race to make the best shit ever - bad for profits

or agree amongst yourselves to let each company have a turn in the spotlight making the new "it" car.

Truth is the auto industry is rigged, which is why I build my own cars.

Proofs are required.

The whole deal you just listed except the ABS and engine cover are optional extras.

ABS is gay

Most people fucking suck at braking and accelerating, and don't understand automotive dynamics, therefore ABS, TCS and ESC are practically required (not as in almost required, required, practically)

Make a car that kills people and you land in hot water. Did you see how much shit Porsche got into over Walker?

Besides, I don't know if you've noticed but you basically just described muscle cars.

Iktfb with third gen Pontiac firebirds. They're all expensive as fuck in my area for no reason.

>the only two fucking requirements this board has is 350+ hp/torque and RWD/AWD in some sort of sedan or coupe
If that was all, everyone on this board would drive one of these.

And to have a MSRP of 3k

luxury SUVs/4-doors tend to attract the worst kind of people

Except it's not optional when all but like 2 of those things are standard equipment on everything but special order lower then base model rental fleet

it wasn't always like this. The answer to OP's question lies in the answer to this one: why was there a decent amount of affordable performance cars during the 1980s-1990s, and why did these cars have their production halted?

Because women / soccer moms and the death of the enthusiast

>equirements this board has is 350+ hp/torque
I'd be happy with even 100hp if the car was light, rwd and handled well. In fact I am happy with 100+ some hp because my car is light and handles amazing.

Power is only for scrubs whose driving hopes and aspirations start and end with highway pulls on some soccer moms PT cruiser.

>t. Yuro
You will never know true freedom.

yup, i suspect this is the real reason.

what proof do you need? look how cheap it is to LS swap a miata or how easy and affordable it would be now for Ford to throw the EcoBoost into a random shell. the proof is in the absence of these

Crash ratings/mandated safety, fuel economy, growing families, death of the enthusiast, "oh those are just crappy japanese cars they don't matter"

>they want to make cars saleable or attractive towards normies.
They make cars as expensive and as stupid they can go. Muh auto transmission, muh wheel commands, muh touch screen, muh ass heating.

They just repaint the car, rebuild the front and add 10-15.000 to the already 60-70.000 and retards don't have enough money to buy them so they lease.

Where is the 20k full option m3? Where is the 17k full option Giulia Sprint Veloce? Well they cost more like 70k and 56k. Plastic pieces of shit with more airbags than bhp.
>5 airbags will help me survive a crash at 180km/h

>aftermarket swaps that don't have to meet government regulations for production cars are proof that there is widespread collusion

user, don't be a dummy.

Proofs are that 150 mph is not a fucking real life top speed. It's an agreed upon mark for engine performance.

Would drive the fuck out of a volvo wagon

Isn't that more government regulation?

v60 polestar is GOAT

debate me

Look it up and find out.

Haldex and auto only
Next

the solution is to team up with /k/ and make an independent nation with really low thresholds for acceptable safety/fuel efficiency/emissions standards. Then we get the manufacturers to pander to us. The KODM will usher in a new era of retardedly-fast shitboxes that you can buy out of vending machines for $40 each.

So you've never heard of Porsche, Dodge, GM, or BMW...

fpbp

I have the perfect car for you, brand new.

Now go wank in your corner and leave the 21st century alone.

>implying the Niva isn't literal perfection