Why are they so cheap? Shouldn't the stancefag tax be driving them up past $15k?

Why are they so cheap? Shouldn't the stancefag tax be driving them up past $15k?

Horribly unreliable.
Drive like shit.
Look like shit.
Shit interior.

These cars are shit from top to bottom.

But everyone else says they run fine and can handle immense power even on the stock drivetrain, only need a FEW SIMPLE MODS to handle better than anything else, are "real sportscars", and outclass vapebro toyobaru shit by a very long mile.

the only meme that is true here is the Interior

And looks.

Chassis and engine seems fine as far as i am aware.

why are they so cheap?
are they broken?

what I want to know is why is the Z4M is still so expensive

It's not that bad looking.

because muh M.

But the interiors get fucked up really quickly. The centre console thing cracks and the paint falls out the dash etc.

Overall a great car though.

I think they suffered a bit from lack of creditability/40 year mum tier/ RX 8 association.

More of a quality issue, like chipping and scratching. Not necessarily design.

The reliability is extremely manageable, just keep an eye on oil levels and install a catch can. I dunno where most of the hate comes from.

>two seats
>trunk space slightly bigger than a miata
>huge engine
>suspension tuned for speed, not for comfort

it's technically cheap but considering you pretty much have to buy a second car or sacrifice usability it doesn't look so cheap now, right?
there are quite a lot of people who would love to own one but they simply can't

Who actually needs a huge trunk?

What is this crazy middle ground that a sedan sized trunk works fine for? You either need a truck/wagon's hauling abilities or you don't. They stopped making mid-sized things to purchase so you you can either go alone and put your haul where the passenger goes or you get a truck/pay for delivery.

if what you are saying was true then sedans/hatchbacks wouldn't be the most popular type of cars on the road

if you'll ever stop being a virgin you will appreciate a bigger trunk size, not to mention back seats

The interiors in these look good. Its the weird rear end and slightly off looks that are the reason this car isn't as popular as they should be. They just look a little wierd from most angles.

>virgin
Hookers are $5-50 and you only need one extra seat at the least

Anyways, there's a reason sedan sales started plummeting when crossovers started coming out. The middle ground option is quickly running out of times to shine. If you're driving a sedan you can't carry that much more, and nobody will want to pile into it because they're not very comfy compared to the taller, roomier options.

Also related: I see way, way too many two-seaters of varying makes and models with canoes, bikes, lumber, plumbing, and furniture bungeed to roof racks, not counting a BRZ with a dirtbike somehow affixed to the rear.

>two seats
>boot exists to house giant strut brace
>not actually that fast
Also in this country there are 350zs on sale for just under £4,000 but you have to pay £515 per year in tax.

>£4,000 but you have to pay £515 per year in tax.
eu would've finally gotten rid of your retarded insurance and taxes but enjoy wallowing in your own misery and taking all the anti-gun and anti-fun politicans with you out of the EU

>£515 per year in tax.
I don't know why this is a dealbreaker, most other non-boring cars cost £200+ in tax so this isn't that much more

Insurance is only expensive for the first year or two. My Civic Type R is £450 a year to insure, a 350z would have been about £600.
Because the sort of person who spends £4,000 on a car doesn't have £515 a year on top of the extra fuel costs.

>Also in this country there are 350zs on sale for just under £4,000 but you have to pay £515 per year in tax.

$175 tax + $200 insurance + $600 for parking space, that's in Russia for 03 350z

350z are sold for $10k+ over here

>hundreds of pounds per a year

this is cheap, even for an american.

The only people with expensive insurance are teenagers and people in their first year of driving.

not desirable at the moment
weighs a bit and has a kind of bland look and spec about it

>Shouldn't the stancefag tax be driving them up
one would think so
perhaps they are not traded between stance fags much

the half shaft splines do tend to rust this can compromise the bearing
but other than that I do not hear much about them

>2017
>not being a rich fuck and getting a car paid by the people
ishygddt

I was actually thinking about getting one of those, or rather a G35 since they're even cheaper.
I've read something about valvetrain/chain problems but have no real background info about it.

Go after VQ35HR, better engine, transmission issues are sorted out.

What kind of valvetrain issues did you hear about?

People report ticking noises after cold start which sometimes disappear after warming up. There are some where replacing the timing chain and guides apparently fixed the issue, but also some where the engine had to be replaced. Also reports about metal shavings related to the ticking, something something lifters or oil change intervals.
Just google vq35 ticking/tapping, there are many results.

>vq35 ticking
VQ35 are very stout engines and were/are used in a lot of different vehicles.

Don't neglect regular maintenance and everything will be fine.

P.S. I own 350z for almost 4 years now.