Do you back into parking spaces? Is there anything wrong with backing into parking spaces...

Do you back into parking spaces? Is there anything wrong with backing into parking spaces? I ask because I overheard someone make a joke in passing that everyone who backs into parking spaces goes to Hell, and I don't get it.

Do whatever you want. There might be a gay joke in it, but who cares.

Ohhh. That would make perfect sense in the context of the conversation in question.

You're pretty bright.

Say, I'm a total pleb but might I ask what that black rectangular thing is on the back of the vehicle?

Dorsal fin

Sometimes. Sometimes I go in forwards. Depends on the space available and whether I want access to the boot.

I wouldn't blame you for thinking I'm stupid but come on, I'm not that stupid; that car's not a fish.

Colloquially known as a 'shark fin'. Plenty of articles on it, but IIRC it's more for stability during unwanted yaw and to bring the turbulent air from the front wing to a more focused stream for the rear wing.
It was a guess based on general insecurities and gay jokes being pretty universal in a blokes world.

They are vertical stabilizer, also nicknamed as 'dorsal fin' or 'vertical fin'.

>shark fin
I like that, a fitting name. Any car equipped with one of those is truly like a shark in the ocean of other cars.

Reverse parking master race

I always reverse in. It is easier, and also easier to drive out as opposed to reverse into people / moving cars etc

In many countries where parking is generally tight. Backing in makes the most sense as it is easier to get in an out.

You can often tell the tourists apart from the locals because the tourists often park forward at terrible angles and sometimes get themselves stuck. Women who think "its too hard" also park forward so to us it is more feminine to park nose in rather than backing into the spot. Once you get used it it is significantly easier to get it arrow straight in one shot and when exiting you can simply drive out with out having to crane your neck

Normally I'll reverse, as you basically have rear wheel steering and it is much easier to leave the spot, but it's all about context and situation. Anyone making a joke about how only women/gays/whatever reverse in are retarded, but at the same time it's not always the best approach to back in.

Backing in is safer... Think about leaving the spot

Dunno but in my country 80% of the times it's done by reverse parking because there's no space for forward parking.
if we're talking about parallel parking

Do...do people actually park nose in? Everyone here park by reversing..

sup hawaiibro

>Do you back into parking spaces?
Only in the few cases where it seems necessary for getting out faster due to anticpated aisle traffic. Otherwise, I nose in because I don't trust the cars next to me to not touch my car as they swing out when leaving their spot. If my nose was outside, they would hit the front side fascia or headlights of my car instead of the cheaper rear bumper.

I make my decision based upon the damaged (dented and scratched) front fender. If I had been nose-in, that would have occurred to the rear bumper cover instead. It was hit and run of course. Another time, someone backing out hit someone else's nose because they had reversed into the parking spot. I noticed it going back to my car because it was hit hard enough to crack the headlight and leave pieces on the ground. Nice.

If it's a lot where I'm gonna be putting stuff in the trunk I park nose in, otherwise nose out and making sure to go all the way in so no idiots back into me

they were probably talking about those faggots that decide to hold up traffic so they can do a 3 point turn to back into a spot
no one wants to wait for you to park

You have to go reverse at some point when parking, whether going in or out. May as well go in to the spot backwards and deal with stationary objects instead of backing out and dealing with tards trying to cut behind you

I do only because my front spoiler is so dirt nasty low I don't want to curb it. Otherwise its more effort than its worth.

>Do you back into parking spaces?
no. I have the title for my shit so it isn't up for repossession. if I see you backing in I assume you're a nog who thinks the repo driver wont just yank your car out to tow it.

>tire chains on when there's no snow
>putting chains on opposing corners
>bald-ass tires
>managing to crash at what must have been 10 mph or less

normies
normies never change

literally what

I'm so used to having to back into spaces for work that I do it off the job too, unless it is an angled space or some sign up against backing in.

on east coast usa a lotta ppl call it blacking in because black ppl almost always back in.

yeah its efficient and more importantly it lets you dio out faster in case any bullshit happens

>people who reverse park in lots that are for one way traffic

the parking lot at work is too small and tight for my big landbarge so I dont bother reversing in. I just park forwards.

sometimes, if it's a slow day and there's more room in there, i do reverse

There's nothing wrong with backing in to parking spaces.

It's the master race desu, much easier than backing out into traffic.

Anyone who talks shit about it clearly can't drive worth a damn and is just trying to bring you down to their level.

I never back in due to my front bring longer than from driver seat to rear. Going in front allows me to see what is left and right quicker.

I could see why people in pick ups do it since it's the other way around.

That's me.

Why?

Because if you pull ahead of the spot so you can pull in with one smooth motion, unless you are driving a very small car with a very small turning circle that will definitely leave the spot open to be sniped by some faggot pulling in, you know, the kind that doesn't know reverse lights exist.

After nearly being in an accident because of that, I do a multi-point turn that blocks access to the spot whenever I back in. Fuck you, I know you were going to steal the spot and then shout "PARK NORMALLY!".

Turn signals.

backing into spaces is a driver's way of thinking his car is some hot shit. Don't do it, faggots.

autism holy shit

It's not autistic, it's insightful and true. Go fuck yourself, faggot.