Anyone here own their own business? How did you go about gaining capital for start up...

Anyone here own their own business? How did you go about gaining capital for start up? What tips do you have for gaining capital and finding investors?

>How did you go about gaining capital for start up?
get a good demo product of what you are trying to sell and come up with a good presentation to show to potential investors
>What tips do you have for gaining capital and finding investors?
dont give up after the first guy rejects you

First person I am going to ask is my wife's dad who is pretty well off. We have a good relationship. Should I avoid asking family?

Man that girl is a total fuck toy would give anything just to cum all over those tits

Massive cleavage is a top tier fetish, user.

>What tips do you have for gaining capital and finding investors?
seriously. Go start and run some businesses from scratch.
>I have a great idea but 0 business experience!
>here's a million dollars because it's a great idea, user!

in real life investors want to see that you know how to make money. This may be by running profitable businesses in the past, or having millions in your bank account, or making money off your current idea. Otherwise good luck. You have to explain why they should give money to you instead of someone that's started and run several successful businesses in the past. Most people have no answer for that.

And let's be real here, they shouldn't give a kid with an idea and no experience money. That would be silly.

Also "start-up" is usually a meme. You should be able to soft-start any business. Start selling product/service and THEN go to your potential investors with PROOF that your idea sells.

That's great advice, user. Thanks.

> Anyone here own their own business?
I do

> How did you go about gaining capital for start up?
I had it in the bank. Only cost me $2k to start my business

> What tips do you have for gaining capital and finding investors?
Don't. Start small. If you cannot handle a small business, you definitely cannot handle a large business.

Examples of easy to start small businesses: lawn care, moving service, house cleaning, car detailing, carpentry, tile, drywall, painting, flatscreen installation, pressure washing, carpet cleaning, web design,

etc...

I'm about to work 3 days this week and make $1,500

More great advice. Thanks a bunch. Out of curiosity, what is your business?

Do you work for anyone else or focus solely on your own business?

I currently work for big business and want to start my side hustle but don't see giving up that company paid health insurance or matched 401k.

If anything starting a business appears to have great tax benefits, profits aside.

Does your wife know you're posting pictures of large breasted women on a Japanese anime forum?

I work at a pizza shop and the owner just offered to either have me buy in as a partner or just buy the business outright.

The thought is hard to wrap my head around but this thread is relevant to my interests nonetheless

I think his offer is kind of crazy but it's got me thinking. I could probably start a pizza shop for way less than he wants me to buy in for.

She knows. It's cool, she reads gay final fantasy fan faction all the time so she doesn't have room to judge.

How much is he asking for you to buy in? Is he also offering sweat units?

he says 50k to buy in (come up with maybe 10k and pay rest off) or 100k to buy the business

he's already shafting me pretty hard so I guess this is his way of trying to take it to the next level, convincing me that I can buy in as partner and make more money for myself until I can fully buy it, while he hides the cash which he's already doing anyways

I'm skeptical of his motives but at least the conversation got me thinking

$100,000 is too much when you're sending $1500 to a woman you don't even see user. Has he shown you the books? This sounds like shit user. If he's offering 50 to buy in he must think you're capable of doing alright, in which case you could do better without being chumped.

Be very careful when choosing a business partner. My dad has operated three would-be successful businesses. The bane of each one? Bringing in a shady business partner. My dad is now pushing sixty and still hasn't figured out that he is a bad judge of character.

yes

Nah, haven't seen the books. He hides most of the cash, and uses the "numbers" to scare us. We'll have a busy night and he'll say "look, see, it wasn't actually that good, look at the numbers". You know, after he burns the cash tickets. We had a guy he promoted to "manager" to set him up for failure trying to turn the store around. Well the guy was actually doing OK with me and him working together. One night we had the busiest night the store has ever seen, on a night a hurricane was coming and we had to close early. So basically by 6pm we did more sales than ever in history of the store, sold out of dough which has never fucking happened, sold out of wings, balls to the fucking wall. The owner decided to try to make the guy feel like he couldn't handle it and tell him it actually wasn't that busy. Caused a big shitfest and the guy quit not long later. I guess it's his way of being machiavellianistic to take a good employee and try to break him down.

I would never EVER partner with this guy. He makes money but he's a shady motherfucker. Honestly, owning the place could be really cool, and I bet if I came up with at least 50k and surprised him (I doubt he expects I could come up with so much, I know he does want to sell the store at least a little bit) then I could either buy the place or move in across the street and show him how it's done

He's trying to offload a dying asset on to you because he knows it's a money sink.

Why else would he be so desperate to sell it to you?

He sounds like a shitty, uneducated manager / leader.

Is he Persian?

From what you've said I would be VERY cautious about going into business with this person. If he's willing to rip off the business/government what's to say he's not willing to do the same to you. That said; Start doing your homework. Some of this you might be able to do without anyone noticing, some of it you'll have to be sly about depending on how often he's around and how carefully he keeps data stored. And don't talk to other employees about your idea/opportunity. Add up all the employee hours, find out how much the lease is. Utilities. Figure out how much value there is in the used equipment (in case the place goes under and you have to liquidate or decide to open your own place instead). Get a look at the food invoices. Go over your own pay stub and figure out how much each employee is costing him per hour. At the end of the night run a sales report on the cash register, just don't Z it out. Within a month you should have a pretty good idea of gross sales. Subtract all the expenses and figure out the Net. If it's a profitable business THEN you're going to have to pay a couple hundred bucks to an independent accountant to go over the books and give you an accurate assessment of what the business is worth. From there you can figure out what percentage you can negotiate for X amount of capital and your ROI. If everything still looks good hire an attorney to go over whatever contract he brings to you. Don't be too anxious to do this deal. There's nothing lost or wrong with deciding it's not for you. Good luck!