So Dodge get;s a lot of shit here on Veeky Forums and it shows, especially after the Demon reveal...

So Dodge get;s a lot of shit here on Veeky Forums and it shows, especially after the Demon reveal. I can understand why (cheap interiors, reliability out the window, and most of their cars can't turn) but if this were the case, why is it that Dodge is still alive? Surely it can't be just the FCA pushing money into it. Now that RAM isn't even apart of Dodge anymore, taking it's own brand. Now that the Dart and Viper are done, Dodge's platforms right now are the Challenger, Charger, Journey, Durango, and the Grand Caravan.

Who else was disappointed that there was no SRT4 variant of the Dart? I am. I owned a Neon SRT4 and that thing was fucking awesome. Can Dodge no longer even make a budget economy car that doesn't suck ass (looking at the Avenger/Dart) and turn it into a pretty good performance 4cyl?

Does anyone here even own a Dodge? I hardly see them outside of Challengers, but I never see anything else.

normies love dodge.

Chrysler is a marketing meme first and a car company last.

No other company on earth could sell hundreds of thousands of PT Cruisers. No other company could fool americucks into buying unreliable German trash in American clothing.

I own a challenger and enjoy it.

The auto industry is about luring people into buying your cars not making good cars.

Are you black or middle aged?

Only the Challenger and the Charger.

Aside from these two, nobody likes the rest of the shitty lineup.

The Journey is the worst non-Nissan car of 2017 and people who like fast SUVs would just flock towards the SRT Grand Cherokee.

pic unrelated

No

Black people love dodge because they're cheap and looking A G G R E S S I V E, and boomers love dodges because they still measure their v8 displacement in cubic inches. Otherwise normies just buy them because they're cheap or they want to buy American or some stupid shit.

Dodge is alive because of jeep, ram, niggers and rental companies.

I see nu-darts all the time. I'm thinking about getting a challenger rt as my next car too. The hemi is pretty reliable for an OHV engine.

Because it gets praised upon on Car Throttle, and anything praised by those downies is hated here

Because everything you said isn't true. They've been hearing about the "hurr Durr reliability" meme since 1956

the dart was discontinued for the final quarter of 2016.

thank god.

2015 scat pack challenger owner here. Incredibly fun car to drive, sounds great, fast, comfy interior, don't give a shit about cornering ability.

10/10 will buy one again

that said the charger is ugly as shit and the rest of the lineup besides the viper seems bad

I love the nu-Dart. Fight me. Better than any Jap/Yuro shit.

Enjoy your shitbox

What Veeky Forums sees and wants is different than what your average consumer sees and wants(and what FCA marketing wants them to want)
I see no reason to buy a Dodge that isn't a viper or scat pack challenger, but some average motherfucker might think the Durango or journey is a good buy.

This shit isn't inaccurate. Chysler's advertising division is so fucking cutting edge they could slice a diamond in half.

That said, Veeky Forums is also full of retarded contrarians. Mopar build quality and reliability isn't half as bad as they used to be. The Gen 3 Hemi is a great engine as is the venerable Pentastar and they have arguably the most performance oriented transmissions out of the Big 3 right now. They, by far, have the best electronics suites - a fact which has been repeated by numerous outlets and often to the insult of high end luxury brands.

Consistently, RAM and Jeep both rape their competition in raw performance figures and sell better than one could expect. The Challenger and Charger sell like gangbusters because even the entry models are fucking cool and perform well for their disgusting age - mostly because the parts in them are so long in the tooth that all the Major issues are hammered out.

Mopar may be the black sheep of the American Automotive World, but that isn't a fucking bad thing. They don't just make a bunch of bland horseshit and slap classic names on them as an insult to their legacy (looking at you, Malibu and Impala). They build shit like the Demon, Power Wagon, and, fingers crossed, the Grand Wagoneer which pay homage to their ancestors while so thoroughly shattering every expectation that its staggering.

>singleRedwhiteandbluetearappears.jpg

Bring back AMC!

FUCK Dodge/Chrysler. I've rented a Dodge Avenger, Chrysler 200, and Jeep Grand Cherokee for various occasions. All gigantic pieces of shit.

Maybe their upper-tier cars are better, but their entry level offerings are some of the worst cars I've ever experienced. Seriously. Driving that Chrysler 200 around Los Angeles was miserable.

>Does anyone here even own a Dodge?
I own a Hellcat and love it. When you're lurking or posting on Veeky Forums, you have to take everything with a grain of salt. Veeky Forums nature is contrarian as fuck so it's hard to really know if anons actually hate Dodge or they're just shitposting. That being said though, Dodge is going to have its issues with cars, no manufacturer is perfect. When the Hellcats came out, some owners did have some issues at first but all those problems have been fixed.

I rented a Challenger R/T on my honeymoon (yeah it was auto) and I also enjoyed it but two things killed it for me. One, the steering wheel controls are raised too high and are too soft, so I was always turning the radio on/off and summoning the voice bitch by accident. Two, Dodge's attempt at making a throwback interior is a poor execution... the cup holders are in a bad spot and the original Challenger's int worked because it was simple, trying to pack Nav, CD, advanced AC controls etc just didn't work.
Do you guys feel the same way?

Because there are some people that have bought Chrysler products their entire lives and have no idea what a reliable car is. There is a significant segment of the population that thinks it is OK for their car to need a new engine or trans at 50,000 miles. These are Chrysler customers.

>They don't just make a bunch of bland horseshit and slap classic names on them as an insult to their legacy

You mean like making the Charger a 4dr and now the go-to cop car? Real badass there

I get that the hot versions are exciting but it's still sitting on a legendary name

>Dodge's attempt at making a throwback interior is a poor execution
My buddy has a Challenger and I personally think the interior is better than my 2015 Mustangs. I like the amount of room it gives you. The middle console makes me feel like I'm looking at some spaceship control panel.

Look, dude, I think they should have called it the Coronet, but either way, the classic could be had as a commuter sedan. The 60s-70s Chargers were family cars you could buy with a massive displacement engine for shits and giggles. That spirit comes through in the knee one.

Four doors or not, the Charger Hellcat is still the most powerful rear wheel drive sedan in the world. It's fucking cool as hell.

Even the V6 puts out 300 horses and averages 26mpg while weighing in at 5100 pounds and comfortably fitting five full grown adults.

Name any other sedan that can be bought for 26k and fulfills those criteria.

>insult to their legacy
>Malibu and Impala

From day one they were respectively built as mid/large size cars for people hauling, as they still are today. Today they're still fitting the mold of what their nameplates were designed to do, just more indicative of the times. Any and all performance ventures on those were just tack-ons cause just about any car can have a bigger V8 in the 60s.

>interior is better than my 2015 Mustang

>2015 interior

Like saying the clap is better than herpes

I honestly still rather have the clap than herpes. The camaro's interior doesn't look much better.

Nice revisionist history.

You know, the Coronet was a family car. It even had a wagon version.

It was also a giant excuse for them to mash a 7L engine into a huge car so they could rape Ford and Chevy in Nascar.

Just like the Charger.

The legacy of cars like the Impala, the Chevelle, and the Charger is that they were obscene, barely shrouded excuses to create massively overpowered cars to eat dicks in the faces of enemies.

You can pretend that isn't true as much as you want, but the Impala is an icon because of the 454 SS, not because of the shitty six cylinder base model.

No one wants a poorly built, Chinese plastic, cookie cutter sedan with the Impala nameplate. They want the Chevy SS with the Impala nameplate.

At least the Charger has three different V8s as options like it properly fucking should.