Tfw we already hit peak civilization with the Roman Empire and everything else is just us descending further down...

>tfw we already hit peak civilization with the Roman Empire and everything else is just us descending further down towards our species wide oblivion

Delete this thread.

>implying were not currently living in peak civilization and everything won't degrade into a mad max situation of bikers on meth 24/7 competing for the last clean water and petroleum reserves in a hundred years because of global warming

>mad Max
>somehow worse than society today

It's almost like you don't want to come home to your 10year old loli wife after a long day of raids and genocide.

Forgot to quote

>it's another "autist thinks Rome wad ZOMG amazing" thread

It wasn't amazing, just the best our species can ever accomplish.

"no"

Give one example of a superior historical empire. You can't.

Britain was larger and france was comfier

hmm, that's weird, I don't see "dying of childbirth", "rotting teeth" and "shitting on the streets" on my list of things which I'd want in a my utopia.

>larger

Maybe in space but not in time.

France was far comfier

>shitposting on NEETbux
or
>getting captured and raped by your own gladius in an germanic forrest

Napoleonic France
Achaemenid Persia
Tang China
Pax America

All at least on the same level if not better

>implying Rome wasn't the original NEET paradise

>tfw you will never get to shitpost on Ancient Pompeii Forum-chan

>pax americana
>amerifats believe this

Plenty of non-Americans believe it too

sure loved that lead

>rome was the peak of civilisation

Who honesty believes this?

i love roman history, but i don't think id want to live there. honestly, weren't like 80% of inhabitants of the empire slaves? someone back me up here.

considering there hasn't been a major war in europe in 60 years thats breddy gud. who cares if there are wars in some doo-doo countries. nothing less of a roman style occupation a la"genocide the upstarts" would pacify places like afghanistan.

>measuring empires in length, breadth, thickness, and--duration
This is an interesting concept. Should empires be measured in terms of "temporal volume"--the integral of square kilometers with respect to years?

>Rome
>Peak of anything
>not one long slow decline from the Peak of Hellenic civilization.

What the fuck, no.

I want to come home to my bara husbando instead :33