Give me guidance Veeky Forums

Give me guidance Veeky Forums

>been out of the bike game for 5ish years
>wanting to ease back into it
>dead set on a dual sport
>dont like the idea of the older 5spd carb'd bikes (XRL or DRZ)
>found this WRR
>I am 6'2 200lb

Its been listed for 2 months with no takers, I am supposed to go meet him tomorrow and look at it, I am thinking about offering $4000, although my friends say thats too low it will just piss him off. It has a 100% stock engine, which I personally like. What do you guys think I should do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hYbiTKtlFd4&spfreload=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

civic for $3k

i want one because theres a turbo kit for that bike.
youtube.com/watch?v=hYbiTKtlFd4&spfreload=10

seems like a surefire way to kill relibality.

buy a crf450x if you live in and area where that can be street legal.

>weighs the same as a wr250 and has 200 cc more. There's no replacement for cubic displacement

>Super reliable

>Extremely enduro capable

>ride red

>super reliable
No. They are underpowered and need constant valve adjustments.
No need for constant maintenance on a dual sport.

plus it does sick wheelies.

For a DS I'd get an XR650. My buddy had a WR250 that he rode way more on the dirt and it was pretty underpowered

>Not replacing stock valves with stainless steel valves

like 200 hundred bucks extra for a bike that runs as long as anything else. I have probably put at least 1,000 hours on mine. Never shimmed valves after stainless replacement. Starts after 1-3 kicks, EVERY TIME. Changed oil on it regularly and NEVER had any other problem with it.

>under powered

I guess you haven't ridden a WR 250

650L (cant get a legal 650R here) is just so old and dated, 5spd tranny, carbd, heavy as fuck and low on HP, although it does produce great torque.

North Carolina sucks for plating anything that wasnt factory Street legal. I mostly want a bike just to fuck around on.

500EXC beats the dog piss out of a honda 450 in every imaginable way. and its also a poor choice for a dedicated DS, these high strung bikes are not made for long road use like a WRR. they will be much more fun, but will require major maintenance after a much shorter time.

I have ridden a wr250r.
Then i bought a wr450.

Never understood the appeal of these 250cc dirt bikes/dual sports. That is just so little power. The only thing that looks remotely interesting to me is those 600cc KTMs or the Husqvarna 701. Like what are you going to do with a 250cc dirt bike besides putz around some sand dunes?

>he doesnt like a minimalist commuter bike

I drove a TW200 to work for 5 years, and I currently drive a CRF250l to work. Slow, and underpowered, but its fun to drive and its economical. Sure a 500 EXC is more fun but it cost as ton more, and I dont have time for the maintenance schedule.

Bummer you can't get the R legal. FI bikes are great for fuel economy and not having to fuck with the mixtures if you ride in different altitudes. My experience with bikes is that carb shit is easy you just have to be willing to do it. I wouldn't think a 6 speed is necessary with a DS given that on dirt or highway you won't ever really hold it wide open for a very long time. I like a bit older bikes for the fact they are cheap to own and maintain but that's just the poorfag in me speaking. If you like the bike go test ride it and make an offer. Any bike is better than no bike. Why are you set on a DS?

In my younger days I rode Dirtbikes and sport bikes alot. looking back on the seating, and my riding style on a sport bike I think a Dual sport will suite me better now that im older. The upright seating position is so much more comfortable.

Get a gixxer

Why is it every black person I see drives a Suzuki?

Suzuki is the nissan of the bike world

Blacks drive kias

Blacks drive Nissans
Niggers drive Dodges/Chryslers

All variants of them drive kias here.

Also the OP is asking a crazy amount for his bike

I own a WR250R I ride daily. It's converted to supermoto.

$4000 is a bit high. I picked mine on for $2500.

They are great bikes. Smooth engine, 6th gear, fuel injection, ~100mph top speed, reliable, will cruise at 75mph all day, gets 70mpg. Truly a great commuter bike that you can have fun with on the weekends.

I end up riding my WRR more than I ride my R6.

Webum related, me on the track passing DRZ400's on my little 250.

Go read again... i was talking about the honda

Yea, saw that after. Disregard I suck cocks.

What state are you in?

>buying a literal girl bike

>not knowing what you're talking about.

WRR's are literally one of the lightest street legal dual sports you can buy (sub-300lbs wet). They make good power and people use them for everything from tight single track to long distance adventure touring.

California.

What is a "man's bike" in your eyes then?

>girl bike
>nearly same power to weight as a DRZ400 with 150cc less

I should add, I also am 6'2" and about 200lbs.

The bike moves me about with a purpose just fine, from a stop and on the highway.

All these butt hurt WR fags. He's right you know. That's some shit you buy you 5 foot 8 and 130 pound girl friend or little sister

>meme stroke
>not street legal
>shit on the highway
>KrapTM

Funny joke friend.

>36" seat height

You have no idea what you're talking about.

t.never ridden a WRR before

>description literally says it belonged to the seller's girlfriend

>one girl using a bike makes every bike of that type a girl bike.

I have a WRR and a "mans bike". The WRR is more fun riding day to day by far.

No one cares about nobike opinions like yours.

>meme stroke
Well I guess not everybody who sits on Veeky Forums and pretends to ride know how to work a power band.

>not street legal
Tell that to my perfectly legal south dakota license plate and street title

>shit on the highway
Do you think I bought it for the high way??

>KrapTM
It's called doing maintenance and keeping it up. When you can do it yourself and don't have to make "help me" posts on /dbt/ or send it to a mechanic, it isn't bad like you think.

You really don't ride much do you?
Or are you a super moto fag?

>being this assblasted

The stock WR250R makes 28 horsepower and 17 foot-pounds of torque. - CycleWorld

How does that make you feel??

I'm not assblasted. I'm stating fact.

I own a fast bike and I own the bike you claim is a girls bike and have extensive experience with both.

You own no bikes.

Your opinion means nothing.

Perfectly fine, because I'm not a nobike benchracer on the internet.

The bike makes enough power to cruise on the freeway comfortably, keep up with and pass DRZ400's on the track, and have fun in the dirt.

Fun fact. Most 400-650cc single cylinder dual sports only make 30-35hp while weighing about 50 to 100lbs more than the WRR.

What about having 28whp makes a WRR bad?

Also, post your bike.

You like the super moto better than the street bike. OK. But we're not talking about Sumo vs Sport. We're talking about dual sport vs dual sport. So how would you know that the WR dual sport is better than other dual sports if the only dual sport you have is a WR 28 HORSEPOWER, 295 POUND sled???

that bike is mine and also this one

>dirt bike
>caring whether it's street legal

offroad riding is way more fun than sitting in traffic and dodging angry soccer moms in xbox huge SUVs.

I would rather buy a Beta, but no reason to shit on a guy for buying a KTM smoker, maintenance on a nip 4-stroke would probably cost 3 times as much.

I ride and race with DRZ400's, the only real competition for the WRR.

I've ridden the WR's competition and I've ridden against it. See:
The WRR and the DRZ are both good bikes. the DRS makes around 34whp to the WR's 28whp. The DRZ is also about 30lbs heavier.

The WRR is a much easier bike to hustle around offroad and can the DRZ and WRR are pretty much matched up for speed on and off road.

The only other reasonably streetable dual sports are bikes like the KLR650 which is slow as piss and heavy as shit and the DR650 which is also heavy as piss but not quite as slow.

The CRF230L and CRF250L are heavier with shitter suspension and less power.

The KLX250S is just slightly better than the 250L honda but with less power.

Comparing street legal and streetable dual sports it doesnt get better than the WRR and the DRZ. But the WRR is more efficient, fuel injected, and easier to hustle around offroad, and smoother on the freeway.

Cool, so you have unreliable offroad only bikes with terrible maintenance schedules that are in no way comparable to street legal and bulletproof dual sports like the WRR.

Neat.

CRF 450x weight: 269 pounds

CRF 450x HP: 46.3

How does it make you feel?

>>dirt bike
>>caring whether it's street legal

The WRR is not a dirt bike. It's a street legal dual sport that can pack thousands of miles on the highway reliably then go have fun in the dirt.

>offroad riding is way more fun than sitting in traffic and dodging angry soccer moms in xbox huge SUVs.
WRR can do both. Checkmate.

>I would rather buy a Beta
Beta's have 30/90 hour maintenance schedules. Not very streetable.

>maintenance on a nip 4-stroke would probably cost 3 times as much.
WRR has 3000 mile oil changes and 26,000 mile valve check intervals. Maintenence cost is nearly nonexistent compared to a Euro meme stroke.

>unreliable
If only you knew the true bullet proof machine that is the Honda UniCam motor with stainless steel valves. Maybe one day you'll see the light.

>How does it make you feel?
indifferent.

CRF's valves are also made of butter and need constant checks. They also are not street legal, and if you legalize them you're constantly having to tear them apart.

I'll stick with my 3000 mile oil changes and 26,000 mile valve check intervals on my super reliable street legal dual sport. Thanks.

>dry weight
Nice try
Horsepower on the dyno shows 40 to 41hp

Also grow the fuck up. HP doesnt make a vehicle good.

The fact that Honda has made a reliable motor before is immaterial.

The WRR motor is an easy 100,000+ mile motor that needs practically no maintenance compared to most offroad bike motors.

They are the very definition of bulletproof.

The WRR is an awesome bike if you want offroad and uber-long service intervals, power definitely isn't the selling point though, it needs to rev a lot higher than the bigger bikes to keep up.

if someone other than KTM would make an updated big bore dual sport i probably wouldn't stick up for it though.

Oh. I get it. You stick with over weight and under powered bikes because you're scared of oil changes and after market parts. I guess some people just aren't made for the real mans bike life.

Does being top heavy and slow make it great? Cause that's what the WR has.

>You stick with over weight and under powered bikes because you're scared of oil changes
I'm not scared of oil changes. I just perfer not to do them every 500 miles. I'd be doing an oil change a week. That's ridiculous.

You see I actually ride my bikes. A lot.

>overweight
I'll gladly deal with the weight penalty for the added reliability and durability.

>under powered
I've never been in a situation where ~30whp wasn't enough.
Maybe you're some super awesome pro offroad rider that needs 40hp.
>doubt
but I'll gladly take a ~10hp power penalty for the added reliability and durability, and smoothness/capability at highway speeds.

nerd, are you dense? you can't reasonably commute/ADV on a CRF

3,000 miles cross country on a CRF would be a nightmare with an oil change every other day and god forbid it need a rebuild. If i rode that shit to work I'd be changing oil every single week.

>I guess some people just aren't made for the real mans bike life.

I guess you're not either if you think 40hp is a lot of power. kek

No, being competent offroad and on road makes the WRR great.

I'd love to see you rattle your CRF to pieces on the highway for any length of time while my WRR just cruises around getting 70mpg like its nothing.

Welp. I mean you're not wrong. If you want to throw performance out the window and go for the "reliable and fun commuter bike" meme than so be it. Some folks just prefer slow I guess.

I'd love to see you rattle your WR apart in the woods while my CRF cruises along ripping wheelies through the sand like it's nothing.

It's two ends of the spectrum really.

Crf is good in the woods and good enough for the roads.

WR is good on the roads and good enough for the woods.

If you prefer road over woods so be it. It's 2017, there's nothing wrong with being gay.

>I mean you're not wrong.
I know I'm not. You are.

>If you want to throw performance out the window
The WRR is not a bad performing bike. It's one of the best power:weights of the light streetable dual sport category, just behind the DRZ400.
It's just not a offroad race bike. It's not meant to be.

>"reliable and fun commuter bike" meme
Literally not a meme. I could ride a MUCH faster bike to work every day but choose not to. The WRR is more fun zipping through town to go to work and fucking around on.

>Some folks just prefer slow I guess.
I have a 120whp sport bike for going fast.
A 40hp CRF is not fast. Dirt bikes are not fast. Period. Get that shit out of your head right now.

If I want to ride a fast bike I ride my fast bike. If I want a fun commuter that I can take offroad, or to a kart track and tear it up, I ride my WRR.

Just because your massive "40hp" dirt bike is faster than my WRR does not make yours CRF fast. It's still slow as shit.

>CRF is good enough for the roads.

lel nope. Butter valve motors fall apart on the road.

My WRR can go everywhere your CRF can offroad. Just not as fast. It can then ride 300 miles back home at 75mph no problem, then I can ride it to work the next day.

If I wanted to race, I would have bought an offroad race bike.
I bought a dual sport that I can have fun with offroad AND ride it thousands of miles issue free on the road.

Checkmate atheist.

Are you missing the point? Wasn't half the fucking premise of this conversation about on and off road capable?? So what the fuck does your sportbike have to do with it? When it comes to dual sports the 450x is probably the fastest out of the jap line up.

Not him, but if you add one wire to a WR450 its street legal.
And far better than the crf valve eater

The point is you don't buy a dual sport or a dirt bike to go fast. They are all slow.

In terms of on and off road capable the WRR is the obvious better bike.

>When it comes to dual sports the 450x is probably the fastest out of the jap line up.

The CRF450X is not a dual sport. It is an enduro dirt bike. It is not street legal and you would have to convert it to be street legal. And even if you do it still had enduro dirt bike tier maintenance making is at best inappropriate for any real road use and at worse completely useless on the road.

How many times do i have to say it. >STAINLESS STEEL VALVES.

>My WRR can go everywhere your CRF can offroad. Just not as fast
My CRF can go everywhere your WR can on road. Just not as fast

Once again, two sides of the same spectrum, you just chose the gay side.

WR450 has nothing to do with it. I'm only shilling CRF because I own one. Never said it was better than Wr450. Just better than WR250R

>How many times do i have to say it. >STAINLESS STEEL VALVES.
literally needing to rebuild your engine's head so it is reliable. kek.

>My CRF can go everywhere your WR can on road. Just not as fast

Until you have to tear it apart to adjust valves, rebuild the top end or change its oil every couple hundred miles.

>you just chose the gay side.
Cool opinion.

>Just better than WR250R
Not better at being a dual sport. Which is what the WR250R is and the CRF450X is not.
;)

>buy new bike
>instantly have to tear it down
Lame
>still have crazy maintenance schedule
Ultra lame

This entire post just boils down to you not liking maintenance and being scared of working on your motor.

>cool opinion
fuck you that's a smug ass thing to say

>crazy maintenance schedule

I do a less than 10 dollar oil change every week. It's not a big deal to me.

>This entire post just boils down to you not liking maintenance and being scared of working on your motor.

I do all the work on my bikes. I actually ride my bikes significant amounts. I'm not going to do oil changes and tear my motor apart multiple times a month. That's fucking stupid for whatever moderate speed increase you'd get from an offroad race bike.

You cannot reasonably ride an offroad enduro bike on the road without incurring ridiculous amounts of maintenance.

>fuck you that's a smug ass thing to say
Cool opinion

:^)

>fuck you that's a smug ass thing to say
that flat out is your fucking opinion retard. calling someone else's choices "gay" compared to your own is a stupid ass smug response retard.

\>Buying a bike

>oil change every week
>would need to do so multiple times a week if you actually put any miles on the bike
>this retard is actually trying to defend this as reasonable

tippest toppest lols.

The price is too high.

>Tfw want both because they complement each other
Plus i like how both look. Suzukis are gay.

The problem with the DRZ is weight. I use to have a 400e and holy fuck was that thing heavy.

>82 replies
>15 posters

Whew, autism.

>being slow and not semi-suicidal
You're the one who doesn't belong here

It's probably safer than the mid-engined RWD shitboxes that Veeky Forums likes

All bikes are mid engined and RWD but at least you don't have snap oversteer

lol fàm