Give me ONE reason why not to spend 25k on an imported r32, Veeky Forums

Give me ONE reason why not to spend 25k on an imported r32, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

southerncarsecurity.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66)
raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/6085085395.html
raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/6055867630.html
micronesia.craigslist.org/cto/6028386598.html
providence.craigslist.org/cto/6031468524.html
richmond.craigslist.org/cto/6047289855.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6049659415.html
newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6059885693.html
newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/6088973438.html
roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a27737/nissan-skyline-gt-r-godzilla-history/
snaplap.net/legend-car-spotlight-nissan-skyline-gt-rs/
driving.ca/nissan/gt-r/auto-news/news/godzillas-footprints-the-history-of-the-gt-r
coolmaterial.com/rides/history-of-the-skyline-gt-r/
youtube.com/watch?v=SrWIoybxg94
youtube.com/watch?v=WODE9k9G0v4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inb4 it gets stolen after 2 weeks

Because they can be had cheaper than that, if you spend time finding one and importing it.

Literal meme car

Because they are overhyped and unreliable turds.

you could buy a lot of 3k civics

Or 25 corollas

I don't understand why you wouldn't just get an Evo or STi which would be faster and cheaper whilst still giving you the AWD you want.

you can get a 996 for the money and have a faster car

Because it's a 25 year old car with twin turbos and (maybe) AWD, which has probably seen lots of hooning and poor modding. You'll also be paying more for parts and insurance due to JDM parts and RHD.

It might be a lot more than 25k is all I'm saying. If you want one, buy it.

Speaking from experience? Because I know them to be the opposite. Well, mine at least

im not sure.

Do you have issues with your oiling system? All is see online are people blowing up their stock oil pumps. The oil pump drive mechanism is shit.

because this is lighter, faster, newer, sounds better, looks better, more reliable and costs less.

There is no reason to not get one. A car is both a journey and a destination. You get it, you fix and upgrade it to where you want it to be, and enjoy it.

Fuck everyone. I love first gen 3000gts. I am told on the reg they are shit. Know what? refer to the first statement. Fuck everyone. Your car is an expression of you if you choose to make it so. Dont let some autistic asshole tell you what to drive. Also any problem can be fixed with wrench turning, a bit of fabrication, and wire work.

Not at all. The only things I've had go wrong in owning it for three years are
>alternator
>ITB gasket (old paper)
>leaky fuel injectors

you could wait a few years and get the objectively better R-33

Because rally cars look fucking stupid

OP, the reality is that r32s are turning into a meme. It's not a special car. It's literally as common as a civic in places like Australia. More and more people are importing them and their value is only going to go down as the newer gens slowly become legal. It's a 25+ year old car. It's not a smooth or clean ride and it's harder to work on than say a Miata..

If you're rich and want one, go for it. Otherwise, save your money and get something else or just wait for them to go down in value. They aren't worth $25k. $25k will take you pretty far in the realm of Porsche and you'll get much better value out of that.

996>z06

How far up do you usually take it before you shift when youre on it? 7k? 7.5k?

Rhd

I think values are going to plateau, not drop as the 33 and 34 come in, because there were a lot more 32s made than 33s and 34s. By the time the 34 is legal they'll be close to $100k if not over. There were more Ferrari 360s made than R34 GTRs

7.5-8k

>Slower than a civic

>prototype

but is it faster than a focus RS

lets be honest. It's all about that GT-R badge, RHD, and the body style most importantly.

This.
Scum just wants to look cool so normies dont think its scum

>damage control

having driven rhd before, how the fuck is it a plus?
drive through are a bitch, and so is turning left

Why is the production model so much slower?

Assmad GM fangirl detected

GM is equal to Nissan in build quality

This. Overtaking in rhd cars is the worst (at least in yurop with all the narrow roads)

Wrong, nissans dont overheat after a lap

Stay assmad

not so much driving it, but owning a rhd japanese sports car.

thanks for answering my questions bud. ive done a ton of reading on the R32 GTR and online it seems like if an owner so much as thinks about redlining the car the oil pump drive gears shatter. Ive been saving up for almost a year now and i should be importing one within the next few months and all the talk about the shitty oiling system online worries me

Becuase most in the us are automatic transmission.

Just buy a broke one and parts to fix it then.

>the AWD you want
but muh rwd prioritized awd

>Prez/o/ ragequits after this

Lol

No problem.

This isn't a bad idea. Buy one that needs the 26 rebuilt for cheap and have piece of mind by rebuilding it with upgraded weak points.
>pistons
>head gasket
>oil pump (spline drive kit)

Because it's slow as fuck.

It is a ton of work because it is a 25 year old car. Start learning how to read some Japanese. JDMBuyer + Yahoo Japan auctions will get you parts on the cheap.

Do not make this your primary car. You will be waiting for parts.

The ceramic turbos are very fragile. Any detonation and they will shatter so always use the highest octane. If they come with ceramic turbos start saving for new turbos right away. If you want to keep everything completely stock you'll want to get a steel (Inconel) turbo rebuild kit. If you want to go for more power, get the Garrett GT2859R-9 turbos for a street build.

The early R32s (and all RB26s really) have issues with oil pump failure if you abuse it too much. Don't bounce off of redline if you can help it and don't increase the redline past 8000 RPM, that's the number one thing that kills oil pumps and oil pump gears. Supertec Racing makes a spline drive kit that resolves these problems. If you are really concerned about the oil pump, Nismo makes an upgraded pump, as does Tomei. Don't get the N1 pump, they are notorious for failing.

This guy is correct. If you get one, look into a transponder immobilizer (like this: southerncarsecurity.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66) and tape a GPS tracker inside the dash. These cars are hilariously easy to steal otherwise.

I recognize OP's picture. International Vehicle Importers is reputable (I've visited them personally and corresponded with them for a while, they won't bullshit you) and that specific car has had just about all major maintenance done for you already. As long as you don't get hektik with it you will be able to drive it with very little maintenance outside of oil changes and filter changes for 3-5 years.

However, the steering wheel is not stock and it is missing a head unit. If you want a head unit, search for Kienzle MCR-1116BT. If you want the stock steering wheel start searching on Yahoo Japan auctions or hit up JDMBuyer.

still faster than your fucking bicycle

That's definitely not true for the GT-Rs. The R34 has had a smaller run than the 360 Modena.

>turbo will shatter and destroy the motor
>it's a 27 year old car, it's going to need a lot of maintenance
>they aren't that fast
>being on the right hand side can be annoying
>interior bits are expensive
Having said that, my best friend bought an r32 gt-r and it's a fucking great handling car. Rides nice. And he's a mechanic for a living so all repairs will be easy for him. But they are SUPER over priced right now. And probably forever.

>inb4 ONE

because you could get a gtst for $10k and use the other $15k to build the gtst

>common as a civic in australia

Why do people say this? I know you're exaggerating but you there are fuck all r32s and r34s here, you almost never see them at all however there are quite a few r33s

>Becuase most in the us are automatic transmission.

what the fuck am I reading?

first of all I dont think they ever came auto and most that have been imported into the US are most def manual.

What people do here.
raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/6085085395.html
Closest one to me is auto according to Craigslist.
Other is boomer asking 20k for it in manual
raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/6055867630.html
Im gonna guess even. Though Craigslist is more on manual side for me. General pricing is 11-25k for >100 thousand miles.

Eh, objectively probably about the same.

I'd take the 996 turbo though.

>raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/6085085395.html

Thats a GT-ST, a bunch of those came automatic, but we are talking about GT-R's

>raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/6055867630.html

That's a GT-R

$20k is probably the average price for one in the states.

Are you trolling or just stupid.

Also

>Boomer

Most of the people who are into this car are 25-35 year olds with money to spend. I have yet to see an actual baby boomer with an R32 GT-R

I wish this was the standard of quality for replying to a thread on Veeky Forums.

>spending that much on some shitty 15 year old nissan
lel
but i guess you'll be the most special snowflake in the parking lot

micronesia.craigslist.org/cto/6028386598.html

providence.craigslist.org/cto/6031468524.html

richmond.craigslist.org/cto/6047289855.html

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6049659415.html

newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6059885693.html

newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/6088973438.html

not a single automatic R32 GT-R

because they never made one.

I don't care much about skylines in general. I was just looking into the maket of them. Seems like it's hard to get decent deals, much like buying wrx's down here.

25 year old. You suck at math famila.

also implying everyone buys an R32 GT-R just to drive to car meets.

Again i don't know shit about the gtr just looking up r32.

yeah i fucked up and used r34 numbers
and being 25 years old makes it even worse

so you replied to me when you have no idea what you are talking about. neat. You should stick to talking about your teenage boy racer cars.

It's possible to get a pretty good one for around $18k.

While ive seen them on the road ive never seen one at a car meet.

>Overpriced as fuck
>C5 Z06 money
>25+ year old Nissan
>Probably from Canada driven by some retarded highschooler or swag fag

Seems like a shit deal to be frank, still. I only really care about pure shitboxes to be honest.

>being 25 years old makes it even worse

eh I guess but not really,

if someone has the dosh to spend around $20k on a somewhat rare japanese sports car, they aren't hurtin.

Also if you buy one that was taken cared for then it's probably better than buying a 5 year old car that someone gave no fucks for.

Seems like 240sx then. Minus the canada part.

Only makes it worse in comparison to market, i think he means. Though import market probably has exceptions thus a marked up price by year.

Canada means rust

>Seems like a shit deal to be frank, still

Ok cool opinion guy who has never driven one and probably can't afford it either.

They have hype for a reason and it has nothing to do with Fast and the Furious or Initial D.

Just say rust belt then.

>probably can't afford it either.
I remember when these were like $10k

R32s are more likely to come from Canada than the rust belt

>everyone in America gets their R32 GT-R's from Canada
>implying people in the states don't usually import it straight from Japan or buy it from someone who already imported it from Japan.

yeah same thing can be said for E30 M3's

pic related

Easier, cheaper, and faster to import from Canada

Yup i agree, if you are cool with rust. (assuming the canadian owner drove it when the roads were salted or didn't have a proper garage to store it in.)

They look nice but again
>Hype
I never really understood car hype. Is it like lap time fagging?

Weeb shit

Nakazato drove one

R32 are povertyspec, get an r34 and git gud
also start saving up for a supercharger

well the R32 GT-R has racing pedigree

roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a27737/nissan-skyline-gt-r-godzilla-history/

snaplap.net/legend-car-spotlight-nissan-skyline-gt-rs/

and here is the full history of all the GT-R's

driving.ca/nissan/gt-r/auto-news/news/godzillas-footprints-the-history-of-the-gt-r

coolmaterial.com/rides/history-of-the-skyline-gt-r/

For 25k you could buy a spoon tuned civic
Just putting that out there

So is weeb?

youtube.com/watch?v=SrWIoybxg94

SC Bro is the biggest weeb, he literally lives in Japan for fuck's sake

He probably drives up and down Mount Haruna at night looking for panda Truenos

youtube.com/watch?v=WODE9k9G0v4

he moved back to the US and brough his GT-R back with him lad.

Once a weeb, always a weeb

You can probably order parts to convert it for cheaper.
So fanwanking?

So does the AE86

Doesn't change the fact that it's a shitbox Corolla

if you want to call it that, I guess.

>So does the AE86

lol the Ae86's racing pedigree comes nowhere close to the R32 GT-R's.

Also the Ae86's shitty hype comes mostly from Initial D. even the shitty SR5's get to ride that wave.

That being said when properly upgraded it makes a great car. keiichi tsuchiya's 86 and his take on it is another reason why a lot of people like the car.

Sure its a shitty slow corolla. but its lightweight, rwd, fun to drive and has plenty of aftermarket support.

Not OP
To me its mainly just the body style. I absolutely love it
Living in the states, rhd doesn't seem plausible, and the badge means nothing to me

If i had the money, I'd buy a the car and completely rework the guts and interior

R34s are overhyped and superchargers are basically never used on an RB26.

Nismo Omori already does this, you just need insane money.

I feel like people underestimate how hard some of this stuff is. An engine build alone is on the order of 20k. To rewrap the interior in leather is in the thousands of dollars.

You really, really have to evaluate how much you value dropping 80k on a 20k car to make it into something that is worthless after you're done with it.

What I mean is you're free to LS swap a GTR and all kinds of other wacky shit to one but in doing so you've made it worthless.

A GTST has an RB20. I wouldn't consider trying to go for more than 400 horsepower in one especially because it doesn't have variable valve timing to increase part load exhaust gas flow.

I personally think the R33 looks a lot nicer but YMMV

It's kind of a softer R32 in design. R34 feels like a transition between R32/R33 and R35.