Noob? Git gud:
> →

Boring webms with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gT5yg2EP6NY
seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/6082239236.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What can I expect at my first track day?

Post your bikes

Crushing disappointment.

I want to try riding one of those newer GSXRs so bad. They look so much smaller and tighter than my 02 and 03. These things are so god damn wide in comparison

>need to remove muffler to remove brake caliper
>muffler has welded itself on

Fug.

I love it. I got the 2017 750. In all honesty I've never ridden any other gsxr so have nothing to compare it to. Very light and nimble.

the first session or two to be putzing around having no idea where to brake, missing every apex and being worried about holding people up.

Then you will have a session where it all falls into place and your brain is on fire as you enter psychological flow and experience a combination of determination and dopamine unlike any other.

what do people here think of the sv650

Good learner bike

Best bike, best best bike.

Wow it's so good you'll ride it and cum.

Buy the red one.

I wish she'd come back

very reliable, good all around beginner or mid-tier rider bike. so much so that it's a bit of a meme bike on /dbt/

Honestly this. Before my first autocross, I had imagined how thrilling it would be, but it did not meet my expectations at all. I've been to two track days since. They get more fun as you get better, but still aren't as fun as I imagined in my daydreams.

Got to ride with a fellow DBT fag today, fun times. fucking hot as balls out today though.

>autocross

are these track days in a car?

sorry for

it's similar to parking lot racing

Autocross is like a trackday in a car but the track is some cones in a parking lot.

I know what it is, I just want to know if he's talking about car track days in a motorcycle thread.

Been riding for a year now, learning on a DRZ400SM. Thinking about upgrading to a Kawasaki Z650. Will it keep me entertained enough or should I think about the Z900? Never rode any other bikes besides the DR200 in my MSF course last year...

Nice, where you guys based?
>TFW no New Zealand posters

where u at I'll trade you an SV

I don't know about either of those bikes nor you, so I don't know if they will keep you "entertained".
If you have built up all your basic skills on the DR-Z, you should be able to transfer to pretty much any bike without problems so long as you don't get retarded on it. Just choose whatever you want.

New Jersey USA sorry bud

>Will it keep me entertained enough

probably

>should I think about the Z900?

why not!

and while you're at it, why not a plethora of other non kawasaki motorcycles.

You've just got to go and testride them all brother, there's no shortcuts.

One of the regular posters was in a bad crash this weekend

youtube.com/watch?v=gT5yg2EP6NY

it was pretty bad

>Those gauges
Revolting

>so slow it went back in time two years

>regular posters

its rasputin quit acting like its an user people like

> literally no one gives me the biker wave back anymore

>setting the date on your action camera
lol
The alternative is an option that looks nicer but doesn't have a fuel gauge.

holy shit dude your knees are sticking up almost to the bars like when i ride a little kids bicycle.

it's a small bike

compared to a scooter and performance scooter

Buy an SV650S. Have an 06, it's the shit.

Not that guy, but there are nice SV650s (and even a SV1000) occasionally listed for sale here in Iowa. I sat on one and it wasn't as comfortable a position as a Ninja 500; any particular ergonomic mod advice if I decide to pick one up?

Resident scout owner.

The aftermarket is waking up for my biku soon and that makes me hard.

Where my meme friends at?

>Iowa

>literally no twisty roads in the entire state

damn sorry bruh

been a while since ive been here boys, just got out of hospital. lowside doing 60mph thinnest tshirt i own, both arms fucked, right hand no skin, back super fucked, left tricep 6 staples. peg caught and picked the bike up, slid 30 yards on asphalt off a bank into a creek fully submerged. bike somehow made its way across the creek and up the hill a bit

>had supermoto wheelset when I was total noob
>totally didn't need meme wheels then. Didn't know how to corner worth shit. Although maybe sticky tires saved me from my horrible technique. Who knows.
>sold the supermoto wheels
>now getting to the point where I feel like my dual sport tires are holding me back (though I still have a lot to improve on otherwise as well)
>want to get sticky tires back on the bike but don't want to pay the meme-tax for SM wheels
Looking into the possibility of modding some GS500 wheels to fit the bike. I guess it would just take some conversion bearings to make the axle size fit, then spacers to make things line up and hold the wheels in place.

>not ATGATT

what sort of accessories are you hoping to get?

Why the fuck didn't you have fucking gear you dipsit?

Post pics and that's what you get for squidding.

Mid controls, long travel rear suspension, fuel controler, air cleaner, 2 into 1 exhaust, and some ADV tires.

Its been way to long without a production set of middle controls.

Pure sex my man.

Will post arm in a minute, don't have pics before they covered arms and hands.

thinking of turning it into a scrambler? Or just more of a standard?

who /squid/ on the way to work here?

>smart business wear
>only 2 mile commute
>just put on helmet and go
>its a sports tourer so its very comfy and the normies think it looks good
>lots of people find it funny

I'm boring and am pretty ok with everything being stock on my Indian. But I'm a boring old man.

Been thinking about getting a scout soon as well. For hoodrat shit around town

i squid on the way home from buddys house. 8 minute drive, got pics related.

So who was at fault?

what speed was that?

I always ride really sensibly and at the speed limit when I do it.

damn brah, glad you're not fucked up any worse. how long till back in the saddle?

Walk it off, pussy

35m commute on freeway, I just wear my jacket over my shirt and tie and kneeguards over my slacks.

>Put jacket on top
>Leave my work shoes at work. Wear motorcycle boots and change them at my desk, otherwise if it's raining and I drive just where my casual shoes and swap them at work
>Have protective pants a size larger than needed so it fits over my work pants.

I've ridden for 5 years. Ride like an idiot 90% of the time. Never crashed. I'm not going to be caught out not wearing gear on the time I finally get rekt. Not worth it.

>TFW friend ATGATT
>Never once seen him not in full gear
>Rides 3 blocks from his house in shorts and t-shirt to grab a drink
>Slides on a patch of oil and gets completely rekt.
>Could see his bones etc
>He had never crashed in 10+ years riding before that

Just fuvking wear gear

how's it feel to be a fucking meat crayon?

i could blame the bike, but i shouldve backed off i know the peg hits before you can lean far enough my fault.
60mph, not bad for that fast
'preciate it man, bikes completely totaled will probably buy another in june along with some nice gear to accompany it

Damn! Thats edgy

sup other AT user?

thats a a great idea actually as I have a top box and having to change trousers/wear them over is such a huge pain in the ass.

Any brand you recommend?

i was going to have a buddy bring me home but the people that came with him called the cops and shit
feels pretty cool lots of attention from you guys

what bike and how cheap are you?

Sort of a scrambler but the parts just arent there, mid controls are coming soon from a few shops and thats really what I want most, other than new pipes because the stock ones are heavy and sound like ass.

well I wouldn't want to spend more than £100 on them.

It's a VFR 800.

I wonder if the placement for the stock pipes makes it difficult to place the mids

last text from brother after sending him pictures "smarten up you long haired hippie" good meme

I have the ones in the pic, they aren't bad but they're not that comfortable.

Most of the preproduction mids acutally have the bracket around the stock pipes, the Trask pipes are the one I want and Klock Werk custom and RSD mids look to be slung below that line.

Hanford? Nothing much. Left the AT at home... :(

Gonna ride her next week. Still snow in cascades so BDR is out. I'm gonna do a Moses lake, wet-snatchy loop to burn through the 600 miles.

Debating the G-loop or mosko-moto 80l pack.

ive heard nothing but good about the moskos, a few people are selling their GL setups and going mosko. im cheap so i have a drybag and BRS saddles

and no, thats the satsop plant near olympia

only thing I'm concerned about is if they do literally nothing in a crash.

Right now I'm thinking in the next month-

>mosko-moto or bumot soft (bumot is just fucking pricey)
>acerbis clutch and brake covers
>tank bag of some sort.

My only gripe with the mosko-moto is I have yet to see it on a bike with minimal to no cargo. Id like to get something I put on and leave on for daily rides and not have to take off but may not use all the 80 liters of storage. The mosko-moto bags looks like unless they are full they may flap around and have loose ends and be sloppy.

who is your motoGP-fu?

get a cheap topcase for daily riding and then toss the mosko on for trips.
and id do barkbusters or cycra bar guards over acerbis for strength.
barkbusters has a direct fit kit out too.
if you plan on leaving pavement, get a bash plate, the oem one is basically a gravel deflector

>be riding with friends
>new rider in the corner of your eye
>some chode on a scooter
>twisties ahead
>scooter keeps up
>long straight ahead
>90mph
>scooter starts pulling on you
>you're doing 100
>he's wearing a half helmet
>he turns his head and you both make eye contact
>highway patrolman sun glasses
>he smiles at you

seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/6082239236.html

Barkbusters huh? Everywhere I've looked they've been sold out. Got any tail bags to recommend that look clean on the AT and are securely mounted? Id even do a plate as I won't ever carry a passenger.

Yeesh, brb replacing cheap armored textile with leather

I know people say "don't hit the twisties and you'll be fine bro" but i'm more worried about things hitting me.

Beta is set to revolutionise the off road motorcycle market with the addition of its new 200RR 3 Stroke.........Yep that's right your not seeing things, 3 Stroke technology is here, Beta's new 200RR 3 stroke is set to join the model range later this year with the release of the MY18 range.....

The small Italian motorcycle manufacturer has spent the last 4 years developing this unique new technology that has allowed them to produce as much power as a 300cc 2 stroke from a 200cc 3 Stroke with the added benefit of eliminating almost 9kg of weight the complex injected 200cc 3 stroke design, it works on the basis of injected intake valves and uses exhaust ports,The heat from the firebox heats up the water in the boiler. Water is also heated by the heat from the hot gases going through the long tubes. As water becomes hotter, it turns into saturated steam which collects above the water. The regulator valve, which controls the passage of the steam to the cylinders, is situated in the dome. There are also safety valves on top of the boiler to release steam if the pressure tends to rise to a dangerous level.
The saturated steam flows through the main steam pipe to the superheater header. It then travels through superheater element pipes in the boiler where it is heated up. After coming out of these pipes through the superheater header, it will have become superheated steam. The extremely hot steam then flows through steam pipes to the cylinders where its pressure moves the pistons which move the wheels of the locomotive.

You're over 2 weeks late.