Not owning a Mazda B3000

>not owning a Mazda B3000
What's your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.ih8mud.com/threads/push-rod-in-my-oil-pan-wtf.824518/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I rather keep muh shebby 1500

Because you have to be on ChrisFix's level to own this truck. And frankly, I'm the lowest of the low while Chris is above God-Tier.

Its a shitty ford.
>not owning a B2600i
Whats your excuse

The only rangers worth having are the mzr 2.3 ones followed by the 2.3 lima ones. The V6s get V8 mpg while not having much power.

2.3l 112hp 135 ft/lb
4.0l 160hp 225 ft/lb

30% more power
40% more torque

Sure it's lazy, but its significantly more powerful and in my experience extremely reliable.

nice, i had the b2000
it was mediocre

the lima is 119/146
the mzr is 143/154

Good taste prevents it.

B3K is god-tier

Nice truck. Just not big enough, barely enough room for two people and an almost useless bed.

Because I have a 4.0 ranger
enjoy your zero torque, rare junkyard parts and pre obd II troubleshooting

Because the Vulcan is an unreliable piece of shit.

Isn't it just a rebadged Ford Ranger?

I don't need a truck

They have more torque than toyotas 22re
Also mazda stocks parts
Also they are very reliable
I dont see the issue

You either hear that the vulcan is bulletproof and runs forever or that it's terribly unreliable. I don't know who to believe.

Its unreliable

>same MPG as 4.0 ranger
>not nearly as much torque
Rangers are cucktrucks as it is but come on dude

I wasnt talking about a ranger...
Not sure what youre on about

The SOHC 4.0 did make about as much HP as a late model 302 did.

My father had a Vulcan powered Ranger while I was growing up. Not a week went by that something didn't break.

i own a mazda speed 3 instead.

It's a fucking ranger. You change the oil and the brake pads and they outlive you.

I've had the exact opposite experience with mine and with anyone who's owned one. What went wrong with it? All I've had to do is replace the alternator, which was expected at its mileage. Belt tensioner needs to be shimmed back into alignment or replaced as well, but the truck still *runs*, just squeaks.

i own a hilux

because I own a rust free, first gen Tundra
>inb4 muh ball jointz muh may mays

Zero torque? It makes like 160 pounds of it at the rear wheels. And 119 hp too. That's better that that 3.0 vulcan vshit.

Get that forbidden fruit out of here.

I have an '06 Ranger with the 3.0 that I bought new. 185k later and the heads are bad, misfiring at idle. $2500 to fix. Ford has a TSB out regarding the heads. Don't ever buy a 3.0.

t o y o t a
o
y
o
t
a

>What went wrong with it?
The biggest thing that went wrong with it was when the lifters failed in spectacular fashion... sending 2 pushrods through the oil pan. That was the biggest engine related problem we had.
That said, it happened while my brother was borrowing the truck and he wouldn't tell us how. I have a suspicion he shifted from 5th to first and over-revved the fuck out of it.

>160 pounds of it at the rear wheels
And you're proud of that?

Better than any other small truck offered at he time.
Tis a fine pickup

>same mpg as 4.0 ranger
>worse in every other way

I get 22mpg in my bravo.
So... yeah...

They have simular towing and load ratings
The b2600i has better mpg by far as well as better suspension and weighs less.

Why are you bench racing trucks anyway?
Both are fine.

I have 2300. Got it for free as my first car, super reliable

This is Veeky Forums isn't it?

I get 22mpg freeway. Hand to god. No bullshit. Even when loaded to 1500lbs.
I have a 1992 4x4 extended cab.
Mix of city and freeway i get 18 to 19.

>even the mazda utes in america are bloated and disgusting

Whatever "small" pickups they're selling in your country are big compared to that truck

no

You're just proving my point.
>Heaviest american b series(ford ranger): 3700 lbs
>lightest BT-50: 3765 lbs

Oh you're just memeing, I remember this post.

theyre alright.
liked the front of the Mazda better.
This one already had a 3inch lift and 31" K02s when I bought it as a winter truck.

Dont get it if you worry about gas mileage tho.
You either get a v6 who drinks or a 4cyl that has shit power

>if it happened, it's a meme

>pushrod through oil pan
Yeah... because that makes sense

Piston rods go through oil pans not pushrods
How is it going to travel the entire way down through the engine and out the pan? Doesn't happen
Has never happened
Will never happen

Just stop with the bullshit please

>if it never happened, it's a meme
And it never happened so... it's a meme

Fords are junk and Ford ruined Mazda

Way to start a shitpost fest.

I don't need or want a truck.

its not shitposting if its true, coming from a mechanic of nearly a decade Fords are nearly the most fucking miserable things to work on, same as the Mazdas they ruined. replace the transmission on a V6 4x4 Ford Escape or do the clutch or rear shocks on a Mazdaspeed 6 and come back to me

I know. I agree.
But no reason to ruin a half decent thread.

My ranger's been alright to work on, but I hear the 3.0 V6 oil filter placement is absolutely terrible. My dad's 5.4 F-250 spark plugs were also a total nightmare. Other than that though it was a good truck.

>ford ruined mazda because of the rear shocks on an econobox!!!
Typical brain dead grease monkey

Ford only propped mazda up financially, allowing them to build the rx7 and begin their global motorsports domination...
But oh no none of that matters, te partnership was all negatives because you don't like replacing the shocks that have fomoco stamps on them!

Cuz I'm getting a tacoma instead and I don't know fuck-all about the nuances of trucks aside from the fact that the tacoma is listed as "breddy gud" in the mid-sized pickup category

Not him but
Dont forget that in exchange for finances mazda gave ford a ton of their R&D, engines, and chassis.
Its not one sided. Mazda helped ford and ford helped mazda.
Are ford parts of lower quality than mazda? Yes
Are mazdas perfect? No
Could ford have made better decisions during the partnership? Yes
Could mazda have gotten out sooner? Probably, and they should have.

B series/rangers are good trucks. I wouldn't get a tacoma unless you're doing serious off roading because of the much better aftermarket support or want a post 2004 midsize tacoma because the toyota tax is just too extreme.

I looked at the tacoma because I'm gonna be doing some high-line work up in rural ass new england for a while because of my job- some of the show up sites for us to park are little more than clearings in muddy, swampy forests and mountains. I'm gonna be getting a new truck, whichever I eventually choose. I'll check out the rangers and B series though.

>I'm gonna be getting a new truck
Oh, in that case your choices are >GM or the tacoma then, unless you want to wait for the new 2018 ranger.

TRU

because i have a much better truck

Because I bought a Dodge Dakota Sport.

there have been recorded cases of pushrods going through the oil pan. It's extremely rare, but it does happen.
forum.ih8mud.com/threads/push-rod-in-my-oil-pan-wtf.824518/

My brother said he was getting off the highway when it happened. What I think happened was he went to shift from 5th to 3rd, and got 1st instead, which lead to the engine over-revving. Pushrod hydraulic lifters aren't meant to handle forces over 8000 rpm and stock units usually can't handle over 6500 rpm. With that kind of abuses, having lifts collapse spectacularly, then then the force of the pushrods being forced down by closing valves would likely be enough to cause the pushrods break and then go through the oil pan.
Extremely rare, but possible.

Just pulled a '95 ranger with the Vulcan out of a forest- its been sitting for 10 years.
Put 5 bucks of gas in the tank, swapped in a fresh battery- it cranked up and idled.

Want a cookie?

damn nice

>Could mazda have gotten out sooner? Probably, and they should have.

You technically can't force another company to sell ownership stake in your company, so its not as if Mazda had a choice in the matter.

Again, some people say the vulcan is great, and some say it's shit.