/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

got doggied: >/dsg/ tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (404, please re-upload): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm
Famitsu article famitsu.com/news/201703/07128457.html

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rlkEH0ovDhs
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/eNvRAh7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST FOR BEST GIRL

Threadly reminder.

Is it worthwhile to upgrade my sword with extra prong damage or should I save my materials for the blade-staff?

Also the undead innkeeper told me a rumor about unscrupulous woodland bandits, is it safe to pay a visit to those forest dudes at a low level?

Very good! Very good indeed

>Prong
>blade-staff
>innkeeper
I'm sorry, what?

I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Which game are you playing? Maybe try using the actual in-game names so we know what you're referring to?

Have you been through the Catacombs yet? If not, you're going to need the prong damage. And no, that bounty is bait. Contact the castle directly for quests. Don't kill the innkeep though, he can give you a good item later.

It was already a forgone conclusion, but I'm so happy to have the dragon boss confirmed.

I'd go for the blade-staff and put holy damage on your sword instead. It makes the fight against Leocadius a cakewalk.

I'd just kill the innkeep right now desu, the Arming Sword you get from him is god-tier in endgame areas.

Let me show you how wrong you are and how much I wish they'd remove this shit

> Giant Seeds
> Estus on Ladders
> Sacred Chimes
> Staves instead of Wands
> Reapers separate from Halberds
> Guard break ripostes
> Dark damage and hexes
> Delayed backstabs
> Blue Sentinels and Horace the Hushed
> Catacombs of Carthus
> Profaned Capital
> Separation of equip load and stamina
> Welcome over Well, what is it?

Not worth it IMHO, makes Ironwind NPCs hostile.

He also looks pretty cool. That aura looks straight from BB's Isz dungeons.
>inb4 Beast of the Cosmos

That's not painter.

I can't tell if you guys are memeing the poor fucker or if you somehow understood any of that.

>not blackmailing him to get the lantern
You can always kill him later. As you said, arming sword's obscene scaling is for end-game

>Guard break ripostes
>a bad thing
It's like you want babbies with greatshields to come back
>Separation of equip load and stamina
Yeah this actually sucks.

I would actually like the separation of equip load and stamina if armor was actually a pretty big deal in the defenses it offered you.

I mean, don't people piss off Ironwind at some point anyway? It's the only way to get the good ending to Murdoc's questline.

The lantern isn't really that good IMO. I mean sure, it gets AOE blinding, but that's only really good in PVP. In PVE just about everything is resistant to blinding, so the chance percentage of it being effective is almost fuckall unless you have gear that syncs with it.

Strength should determine weapon equip load
Endurance should determine armor equip load

fun fact: in das1, a weapon's weight was based on its strength requirements except for bows.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Wasting SLs on equip load for fashion hurts my soul.

If you bothered to follow the reply chain you'd see I said that I believe Manus was the furtive Pygmy until Miyazaki retconned this to there being multiple furtive pygmies in TRC.

I'm arguing for the original theory without the evidence from TRC as we were talking about why people didn't believe the original theory.

>When and where has the player character ever been able to fully imitate anything a boss can do?

I'm not talking about the player character, I'm talking about characters in general. If manus was a literally who and anyone can distort dark as you claim then there should be evidence of another character in the series who would be able to pull off similar feat such as birthing the abyss. Yet no-one has come close idicating Manus was special.

Also on the use of Primeval, look at what Chester says:

>upturned the grave of primeval man

Singular. He doesn't say the grave of A PRIMEVAL MAN, he says THE. He's being very specific. But no literally who amirite?

>Some random fucking humans created the Profaned Flame, are you going to call them the first pygmy, too?

Funnily enough you're proving my point.

See Eleonoras Axe description

>The Profaned Flame was triggered by the curse of these women, relatives of a certain oracle, but despite their culpability, they went on living, without any cares.

These women were related by blood to an oracle. The only oracle we know of is Alsanna who is a child of dark and fragment of who? Manus. A flame that never dies and is abyssal being triggered by a fragment of the holder of the original dark souls checks out to me.

But no, a fragment of a literally who human who was around since the dawn of the age of fire had even more literally who relatives who randomly triggered the curse of an abyssal never dying flame.

educate yourself, knave
youtube.com/watch?v=rlkEH0ovDhs

First page, clockwise from top left

>Ancient sunken citadel in the darkness, what may have arisen

>Meet this Heavy armored knight. Should you believe his words, he has lost his memory and become hollow. Is he continuing his travels to get his memories back?

>A clothed ashen giant, it raises both hands up and calls to the skies. It seems it’s calling something far away

>A sword made of the form of the Chaos Fire itself. It is both a sword and a Flame”

>Ancient remains cling to this ancient weapon. The one called the “Mad King” still lives and may awaken to grant protection to its holder, should it wish to

Second page

>One of the Old Knights, called a “Knight of the Ring” (Ringed Knight?). It seems it has regained its form even though its fire was sealed by the Gods

>A fire-breathing Flying Dragon. It lives in the Darkness, and black crystals etch to its body and fly through the air. In the end, everything will be consumed by the dark

>An eternally sleeping girl under the sun’s softness. She is covered in moss and holding a broken shell. Her name is Filianor, and it is said her sleep is for the benefit of others

>Knight Clothes of the Age of the Gods. Rarely seen in women, only those of royal blood may wear such exquisite garb

>A creature similar to a Pilgrim, there are bodies underneath, and above it on the red sky there might be angels

Ideally, guardbreaking should be easy but low reward.
High-reward for guardbreaking means that guardbreaking itself must be harder, which creates this paradigm where a turtle is invincible until they're cracked, but so uncrackable that they have to be retarded to even come close, but the retard that lets themselves get broken basically loses instantly.

It'd be a healthier system if guardbreaking was easy, but didn't get you much damage. That way turtles are under constant threat, and the fact that they're turtling is just something you play around to still effectively damage your opponent rather than an absolute defense that you can only beat by waiting until they drop it.

>Mad King
>Mother of Dragons
We /got/ now?

>the relatives of the offspring of a primeval human had enough power to do what a primeval human did
Proving who's point, now?

Chester doesn't say "the primeval man" he says "upturned the grave of primeval man". Nothing singular about it, simply a declaration of age. It's not my fault you don't understand how adjectives work.

I'd assume it'd have to be more significant that "deals Dark damage" for it to be worth that much special treatment, but any answer is pretty much going to be Vaati-tier grasping at straws.

>Mad King
Oh fuck

Guard break ripostes are pretty shit. You already got free counter hits off of guarding in the first game. As it is now, it's actually SAFER to eat any serious attack to the face, than it is to block it, and that's just nonsense.

Abyss Dragon time.

>Mad King Jar-Eel

So what important bits we can glean from this
>A hexing staff is literally made of the still-living remains of a "Mad King" (possible boss weapon)
>The power of the city's knights were sealed by the Gods but it's come undone (possible the entire Ringed City was made to seal its inhabitants away)
>Goddess with the shell is named Filianor (doesn't match the standard Gwyn-family naming convention) and is kept asleep for some important reason (KF dream shit?)
>firekeeper-like outfit is a knight's uniform from Gwyn's age (hint at origin of DaS3 keepers?)
I'm dying to know if this "Mad King" character will be a throwaway DaS2 reference just attached to what is obviously a remade Bone Staff or if it's a hint at one of the DLC's bosses and the guy in in charge of the Ringed City.

Are you seriously telling me that you would take the phrase
>upturned the grave of primeval man
And think oh yeah that's just a generic old human? You wouldn't think there's someone in particular, someone important being referenced?

>Proving who's point, now?

If manus wasn't the furtive pygmy and just an old human all these things, the shards of manus, his offspring triggering the profaned flame, the fucking abyss being born just from HIS humanity would not be special to him. Other (old) humans would be able to pull of similar feats.

Guess what? The closest we get is hollows can erupt into pus of man. That's it. There is a clear distinction that is most easily explained by assuming Manus was the furtive pygmy and had the biggest portion of the dark soul. He drops 10 humanities ffs, the games way of saying he's got a huge dark soul.

Knight now gets a pass as a name on ps4
Pc peeps still stuck with k***ht
Heh.

Bruh that would be funny. Wasn't he cut content AND from that one comic?

Pus of man is classed as an abyssal enemy, you dolt.

COME ONE COME ALL

In just three weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.

Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.
Sign-up sheet is here:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one Steam IDs will be organized via that channel and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Ancient Dragon Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disincentive passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

Requirements to join: Discord and/or Steam ID for organization purposes.

discord.gg/eNvRAh7 - Discord invite.

Oh and Dragon confirmed for Abyss Dragon hinted at by the Millwood Knight stuff.

Fuck off with your shitty banlist.

what's wrong friend?

So what?

The whole point I'm making is that the closest to Manus' power and dark/abyss properties we see is from pus of man who don't compare AT ALL to what he did. He was clearly special, he was extremely old and had a very large portion of the dark soul.

We need 1 humanity to become human in DS1, he drops 10. The game is clearly telling us he has a lot of humanity and humanity is a fragment of the dark soul.

>The power of the city's knights were sealed by the Gods
>giant fucking darksign on the front

>firekeeper-like outfit is a knight's uniform from Gwyn's age
>firekeepers try to keep the first flame burning

Hmm...

I have seen "Knight" with no stars on PC

I like how you're pushing so hard for this, but then you went and forgot about shit like Aldrich. Or, you know, the fact that the ONLY thing Manus does is make the Abyss when there is so much else related to the dark that he never does anything else with.

I'm mad.

tell me about it my man

>Other (old) humans would be able to pull of similar feats
Well, yeah. I'd assume that's the case. Unless you're going to point out some other old human who doesn't do any of that?

And what abyssal/dark properties does Aldrich have? He ate a lot of men and their humanity sunk and he turned into a blob.

That's it.

Where are you even going with this now? Aldrich ate a fuckton of humanity, turned into a pile of humanity, and now he wants to start an age of deep. Manus had a fuckton of humanity and created the abyss. A bunch of rando humans were relatives of whatever unnamed oracle and set the night on fire.

That's three examples of at least three different individuals doing weird shit with the dark. Fuck off with your retarded headcanon already.

>Abyss Dragon is literally apostle of the Apocalypse

You want to know why I'm mad? Why I, Vincent V. Kovalevsky am at this moment mad?

For the past twenty three years on this godforsaken earth, which is all of my life, I have carried this burden of fucking nihilistic despair for no explainable reason, my parents were abusive, I have no friends and FOUR actively worsening mental conditions that have completely consumed my life. I've singlehandedly ruined every relationship with every good human being I've ever met and have borderline raped somebody out of spite for another person. I have to go out and deal everyday with these optimists who make it about themselves and about positivity and about "OOOOOOH the future" and shit, with shitty coworkers and all.

And at the end of the fucking day, you motherfuckers have the gall, with the diction of a third grader and a variation of a second grader, tell me that your banlist isn't shit because some passive fuck said so and then twist my goddamn fucking statements. Fuck you

>>An eternally sleeping girl under the sun’s softness. She is covered in moss and holding a broken shell. Her name is Filianor, and it is said her sleep is for the benefit of others
W H Y
H
E
R
E

I
S

V
E
L
K
A
?
?
?

He turned into a pile of humanity. That's not particularly impressive. When we fight him he uses Gwyndolins magic. He's not harnessing humanity or the dark, he's just getting fat.

Meanwhile Manus has dark emanate from him, enough to corrupt land and legends alike. He fights directly with it.

And not random humans, relatives of alsanna, who's a piece of manus after his souls split. They weren't everyday humans, they were direct descendent of manus which is why they triggered the profaned flame.

Anything to do with the dark is traced back to manus. He's not a literally who. Aldrich isn't doing anything with the dark he's just getting fat, that's pathetic compared with Manus' ability to harness the dark.

No-one can point out another literally who human that isn't manus or directly related to him that have as much power over the dark as he does. He has to be special.

>The player character has the power to overpower "Gods"

Why do these pagan japanese people always make their gods mortal?

How do you overpower an immortal god? If you have a god that can do anything then how would anyone be able to kill it?

Ask the true God to erase him

You've been blessed by the true god with the power to kill the false ones, now fuck off

>Ringed Knights, most likely related to Pygmies, had power over Fire
>Gods sealed it
It will be a "Pygmies are the true gods and Kaathe was fighting and plotting to set them free" story, ain't it.

You just gave me a real reason to kill gwyn. thanks. I was wondering why I was supposed to fight him. He was the good guy after all. But being a false God is a sin.

>Velka
This is all you'll ever get.

/blog

>Leaked first boss fight (404, please re-upload)
again? Where will I upload it now?
suggestions?

Hello Vincent! How are you doing? You can always talk to me if you are upset!

Aldrich created a dark miracle. As in, he actually created a miracle. The fact that he insists on using his lunch as a weapon doesn't detract from his abilities, just his intelligence. It also doesn't change the fact that he's doing exactly what I said, which is trying to start an age of deep. Try actually addressing my points this time.

You're assuming Alsanna is the unnamed oracle, even though that was never stated. This is exactly the same reasoning that lead to people believing Solaire was the firstborn and to you insisting Manus is "the" furtive pygmy. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying there's zero concrete evidence to support it but plenty of secondary evidence to call it into question, same as with Solaire.

Anything to do with the Abyss is traced back to Manus, not anything to do with the dark. The Abyss is hella dangerous and a lot of scary shit comes out of it, but it is not the entirety of dark. Dark existed before the Abyss, and an age of dark will come about whether or not the Abyss was created or even if it gets destroyed. Your reasoning is exactly like saying the Witch of Izalith created Chaos, therefore she must be the one who created Fire and an age of Chaos is also an age of fire. You're assuming a whole lot of crazy shit from a very, very limited set of data.

We've got dark, deep, profaned, and abyss. That's at least four different types of dark, only one of which is directly related to Manus.

nigger i don't really give a fuck just fight me hftf

>christcuck
>listening to serpents
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

what armor should i use for a katana wielding edgy weeb character?

>central theme of DLC is all major players of soulsverse showing their true power at the decline of existence
>last Demon successfully re-ignites himself becoming worthy of royal title
>Dragons show their connection to the Dark that will swallow everything
>Pygmies broke free from the shackles of Gods and manifested their true power which is connected to the Fire and Angels
>dreams and dreamer holding a shell of Vagrant on her hands are playing important role in story too

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU COUNTER GREATSWORDS WITH RAPIERS?
>Roll in, R1, Roll out
BKS Rollcatches me every goddamn time
>Running attack spam
GS R1's cost no fucking stamina apparently so eventually you just fucking eat an R1R1 by mistake and lose the trade
>Outrange with WA punishes like Shield Splitter or Ricards
xd Hyperarmor, enjoy that R1R1

Seriously, the only GS I tend to beat now is the Moonlight GS and that's just because only mentally handicapped Spellcasters use it and are essentially parry fodder.

>Inb4 "switch weps lol"
>Inb4 "git gud"
Advice appreiciated.

>shell
>not eggshell
Be wary of non-official translations, user.

Abyss Watchers or Darkwraith

fallen knight

Full Fallen Knight set and Shield of Want, you'll be the koolest kid on the block

Use your stance R1 and its retarded long range.

Unless you're using estoc or crow quills, in which case that's your own damn fault.

I hate it.

Using Ricard's, so no Stance WA. Also the fucking Hyper Armor on GS's makes that a non-option

Thicc

Rapier stance R1 has a tiny bit of hyperarmor and even iframes on startup, but it is hard as hell to pull off.

For Ricard's, I dunno. Try poking them between swings, or using the forward R1 to hit them and move out of range? Rolling attacks should help too.

Veeky Forums is not your blog, fagboy

One might think that the inversed proportions are a joke, but that particular "artist" (tamyra or something) does this for fucking EVERYONE

>scortch
>fughty (?)

Guys, come on now. That was copypasta, you should know this shit.

The bimbo one is adorable.

if a GS rollcatches you, then you need to time your rolls better.
how about you parry the running attack spam?
Also GS 2hr1 usually digs into the ground, so you can gain a bit of range

flighty

Can you try Mega? Maybe Mixtape again, just so that it's temporarily available again (at the least so that I can download it and maybe package it somewhere.

Thanks.

Oh shit I see it now

Have a few questions/issues,

1. How do you build for Onyx Greatsword? Just base Str/Dex requirements for the weapon and 40/40 INT/FTH?

2. How do you guys think one would build for the Demon Scar considering it appears it may be Dexterity? Dex, Int AND Faith? How to balance this? Will save you having to use the casting speed ring though, right?

3. What's mostly likely the best starting class in anticipation of Ringed City DLC if you're mostly interested in any new Pyros and Dark spells? Is it Pyromancer? Better than just Assassin or Sorcerer to start?

>christcuck
You insult me brother.

1. Yes
2. Probably the same as Onyx
3. Pyro

mixtapes recognizes the video and 404 automatically, that's why the last one was .webm
I'll give it a try anyway

1. 14/12 str/dex and rest in int/fth
2. dunno
3. pyro is always the best choice

>Parry the running attack spam
Running attack spam was in question to me, not them - sorry for the confusion
Every time I try and get them with a running R1 between swings or after spam I just end up eating an attack or two anyway because of swing speed and hyper armor. GS Running attacks are (thankfully) nowhere near as good as they were in DS1

>post yfw Demon Scar turns out to be E/E/E/E

>implying kikes, christcucks and mudslimes are not all the same thing in different colors
I laugh at you