Which miata has the largest aftermarket? Looking to get a cheap weekender on a budget

Which miata has the largest aftermarket? Looking to get a cheap weekender on a budget

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/6060205640.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NA hands-down

More specifically the NA-8, since a lot of the parts for the NB are reverse-compatible.

NA needs a big aftermarket because it's slow as shit compared to the NB-ND but the faggots here wont tell you that.

you answered your own question

It has the same engine as NB and is lighter.
The NB got vvt and a small HP bump eventually because of its weight

How did I do that?

>Spaced hood
>Removed headlight bezels

Just a stock Google photo

You posted it, numbnuts.

>It has the same engine as NB and is lighter.

The NB doesn't have a wet noodle as a chassis though so it can actually take corners above 30mph

Fuck off, asshole

Thats an ignorant statement

>the truth is ignorant because I don't like it

you what?
it's basically the same, with a few added braces you can retrofit into na as well

not to mention nb has way worse rusting problems

Its not true though.
>cant turn at 30mph
Really?

NOOOOO! DELETE THIS NOW!!!

Let's be honest, the guy in the Miata is having the most fun out there.

There's no greater joy than driving a car at the limit without care. I could never drive a Ford GT like that, but an NA Miata? Oh yes.

I want to buy an NA Miata, do stupid weight reduction like body and windshield, turbo it, and drive the fuck out of it.

Testibgs

>[muffled eurobeat plays in the distance]

It isn't exactly the same engine.

The NB1 has 140 HP, the NA8 has 115 from the same 1.8-liter.
Only the NB2 has VVT and the available 6MT transmission

NB1 is basically an NA with chassis stiffening and some factory engine bolt-ons. Major difference is that the NB1's engine does not have hydraulic valve lash adjusters like the NA8, which resolves the NA8's notorious ticking.
For the price, it's a superior car to an NA but it doesn't have muh pop-ups.

NB actually has better rust prevention but the roof drain holes can become clogged and when they do, the water dumps into the rear of the rockers where it is difficult to escape. If the car is driven in dirt or dust frequently, the rocker drain holes can get clogged and when the water cannot escape, rust starts.

NA8 was 134HP m8.
NA6 was 115

>NB actually has better rust prevention but the roof drain holes can become clogged and when they do, the water dumps into the rear of the rockers where it is difficult to escape. If the car is driven in dirt or dust frequently, the rocker drain holes can get clogged and when the water cannot escape, rust starts.

i wasn't talking about that, not to mention NA has the same problem
due to safety regulations nb chassis has shittier two piece front and rear legs that tend to rust horribly

Ok, my bad, I think I transposed the torque figure. Moss Miata's spec sheets report a slightly different figure too.

NA8 '97:
133HP 114 ft/b

NB1 '99:
142HP 116ft/lb

that's a pretty significant bump in power, and making the NB weigh less doesn't cost as much as making the NA stiffer.

I've heard they rust badly in Europe and US salt states due to the layered body construction, where briny water can get into the spaces between the body panels, not just at the frame rails.

The key of course is not to buy a car from those areas at all, much less a Mazda. My NB is from Gawwjuh and has no structural rust at all, though I want to get an endoscope down in the rockers and see what's built up in there.

Good miata alternative for someone who is 6'5?

You think you can afford it on your hairstylist's salary?

I'm 6'5" and I drive an NA fairly comfortably.
You need to take some foam out of the seat, remove the sun visor, remove the arm rest and get a mirror to put on your dash so you can see traffic lights.
Worth it.

LADS?
houston.craigslist.org/cto/6060205640.html

>rear end collision
>rebuilt title
No.
I sold my 1997 for 2800 because of a dent in the fender that salvaged it.
His price is way too high for a NA6

I'll use the money your dad pays me to fuck your mother's ass.

I recommend the lotus elise. lol jk no get a 350z

Yeah burn some oil

You just proved his point
Look how unstable the na is, it's about to spin and flip. You can see the body flexing! Totally not desirable!

The gt is just coasting through the corner

>t. Busrider

>cheap weekender
I'd snag a Cobalt SS turbo or if you want a roadster, a pontiac Solstice GXP. Thats if you don't want a miata.

They're pretty over looked but also really rare and the engines are easy as hell to tune.
>260HP
>260ftlb

>I don't understand anything about vehicle dynamics
Okay thanks but I already know that when you tried to debate the fact that the nb is vastly superior

I never said it wasnt.
Youve clearly never driven on a track.
>muh vehicle dynamics
Go to bed kid

NB is a better car in every single way possible. I like pop up headlights, but thats not reason to pay the same price, sometimes more, for a shitter car.

So am I wrong in saying that miata flying around the corner is anything but horribly unstable? If it werent such a wet noodle chassis turd it wouldn't be flopping around like a fish out of water, would it?

Fucking idiot

>chassis is the ONLY metric
Hahahaha. Dont be late for your bus!

Even if it were on slicks it would still flop around like that

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself

NB1 is easily the best one

>not as pigfat as NB2
>better engine & chassis than NA
>has best looking oem body kit /w rear mudguards

Speak for yourself dumb shit

>literally this mad because the na is a floppy unstable pieve of shit
NB is better deal with it

I didnt say the NB wasnt better.
But keep making a fool of yourself if you want

>the miata in that gif is travelling around the corner perfectly fine and is showing no signs of horrible instability due to the floppy wet noodle chassis

The body is also flexing,

Or are you dumb enough to think its just tank slap? Lmao

Just stop man

>this mad because the na is a shit box car
Dont be upset, it's like the ef civic of rwd world
Jjst deal with it

exactly