What are your favourite bible verses, Veeky Forums?

What are your favourite bible verses, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x2WK_eWihdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wisdom 11:21-12:2

For it is always in thy power to show great strength,
and who can withstand the might of thy arm?

Because the whole world before thee is like a speck that tips the scales,
and like a drop of morning dew that falls upon the ground.

But thou art merciful to all, for thou canst do all things,
and thou dost overlook men’s sins, that they may repent.

For thou lovest all things that exist,
and hast loathing for none of the things which thou hast made,
for thou wouldst not have made anything if thou hadst hated it.

How would anything have endured if thou hadst not willed it?
Or how would anything not called forth by thee have been preserved?

Thou sparest all things, for they are thine, O Lord who lovest the living.

For thy immortal spirit is in all things.
Therefore thou dost correct little by little those who trespass,
and dost remind and warn them of the things wherein they sin,
that they may be freed from wickedness and put their trust in thee, O Lord.

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

- Matthew 10:16

Apocryphal poopy

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

- Lk 6:45

No, part of canon, though even if it weren't it would still be worthy of consideration.

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

I'm too drunk to quote it in its entirely, but it's in 2 Kings, with Rechoboam, how he answers a mob demanding lower taxes by talking about how big his dick is and raising them further.

Apocrypha =/= Bible

It was never official canon until Trent

"Let your women be silent in Church."

Genesis 27:11

Behold, my brother Esau is an hairy man, but I am a smooth man...

2nd Kings 9:30-32
Jehu went on to Jezreel. When Jezebel heard of it, she painted her eyes with kohl and dressed her hair, and she looked out of the window. As Jehu entered the gate, she called out, "Is all well, Zimri, murderer of your master?" He looked up toward the window and said, "Who is on my side, who?" and two or three eunuchs leaned out toward him. "Throw her down," he said. They threw her down; and her blood spatter on the wall and on the horses, and they trampled her.

Jehu can't even think of a witty comeback

Jesus wept.

Also Matthew 21:17

2 Kings 2:23-24

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jesus didn't like the sons of Abraham

In prosperity you cannot always tell a true friend, but in adversity you cannot mistake an enemy.
Sirach 8:12

Requite them according to their work and according to the evil of their practices;Requite them according to the deeds of their hands;
Repay them their recompense.
Psalms 28:4

Ephesians 6.12
> For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

14 Cursed be the day
on which I was born!
May the day my mother gave me birth
never be blessed!

15 Cursed be the one who brought the news
to my father,
“A child, a son, has been born to you!”
filling him with great joy.

16 Let that man be like the cities
which the LORD relentlessly overthrew;
Let him hear war cries in the morning,
battle alarms at noonday,

17 because he did not kill me in the womb!
Then my mother would have been my grave,
her womb confining me forever.

18 Why did I come forth from the womb,
to see sorrow and pain,
to end my days in shame?

Jeremiah 20:14-18

Metal as fuck

I like this one very much.

"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.
The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.
They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
He who has ears, let him hear." (NIV, Matthew 13:40-43)

This tells me that all the immoral live styles will be judged and eliminated from Our Planet.
Right now they are spreading like a wild fire poisoning minds of adults and minds of young children in schools with their sick perverted doctrine.

The sooner the better, Lord Jesus, please come o Lord Jesus Christ

>This tells me that all the immoral live styles will be judged and eliminated from Our Planet.
>Right now they are spreading like a wild fire poisoning minds of adults and minds of young children in schools with their sick perverted doctrine.
I'm pretty sure that's saying that all those children who were corrupted are going to be burned

you are confusing issues, that's a fact !.
question remains are you confusing issues on purpose or because you are that stupid ?.

so are the lifestyles themselves going to be weeping and gnashing their teeth?

sorry but I have a rule not to continue exchanging posts with idiots, and you are an idiot

This is kind of unrelated post
but im drunk now and it feels good but i know christ frowns upon it

and i will be shortly going to bed drunk

question is, will christ forgive me if I enjoyed being drunk

thanks

You may not know your gospels, but at least you know your proverbs

I think if you don't 'sin' while being drunk, if you don't abuse verbally or physically others, don't steel,etc,etc I think you are fine.
I, my self many times have a toke or two of pot and enjoy listening to a Bible study programs. Or have few glasses of vine, and even now I already had 3 full glasses of vine (no pot tonight,just wine) while listening to Bible study program.
I think if we are able to control our actions while being under influence of pot or alcohol and still behave rationally I think Jesus Christ is not going to "frown upon you".

christ turned water into wine

it's only fundies and mormons, sdas who are autistic about it

moderation is key

>Will Christ forgive me
Yes doesn't even matter what it was. Every single sin under the sun is covered if you only repent to Him

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters

Genesis 1:6

reminder that the sky is made of water

>don't steel
I'm sorry but I don't know if i can do this, my friend alex grandi has shown me that steel factories are very very fun and profitable if he edits the in game economy to be so

thanks

>Retards can quote bible verses off the bat
>Cant read history for shit.
At last, I truly see why Veeky Forums is shit.

what quoting Bible verses has to do with reading history.
looks like you are trying very hard to be smart but ending up being just a sad clown

Joshua 10:13

And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

euphoric

what's your point silly Billy

back off cousin willy
quit acting so silly
you'll be trippin by flipping the bird willy nilly

the point is ive had a lot of liquor tonight

treed

would be nice to live on a planet where immorals are no longer existing.
sick and tired of their pride parades.
one day they will be parading but surrounded by the flames of Hell

Has a book of Jasher ever been found or substantiated?

Ezekiel 25:17
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Oh, how the loving light of Christ shines through you brothers, truly examples to the world.

The actual verse is just:
>I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.

Post more senpaitachi

it's still a great verse tho'

>Oh, how the loving light of Christ shines through you brothers
There is a time to Love and there is a time to Hate !
Enough time is given to the immoral one's to turn away from their evil and wicked ways, but they are spitting in the face of The Almighty God.
So they will be spitted out from this planet as soon as Jesus Christ returns.

Matthew 22:15-22 because I love some verbal Judo

if you never watched this movie "Pulp Fiction" here is that famous quote:
Ezekiel 25:17 - Pulp Fiction (3/12) Movie CLIP (1994)

youtube.com/watch?v=x2WK_eWihdU

> evil in the heavenly realms
how is that so
was Paul a gnostic?

It just reaffirmed them as canon.

Either imperfect contrition with confession or perfect contrition (still go to confession though) and you will be forgiven.

Being so drunk that you impair your ability to make rational decisions is a sin, even if you haven't sinned otherwise, because you knew that you could have done it and still got drunk.

>"Woe to you law scholars, for you took away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered." Luke 11:52

The rulers, the authorities, the powers of the dark world, the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms, according to Gnosticism and Orthodoxy, any section of Christianity acknowledges the existence of Heaven and the existence of dark authorities working against the Kingdom of Heaven.

On earth these dark influences manifested as those who crucified Christ on the Cross.

>On earth these dark influences manifested as those who crucified Christ on the Cross
you mean the ones who crucified Jesus in the sky in the Ascension of Isaiah

1 John 3:15: Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him
1 John 4:20-21: If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

James 4:14

14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
Ezekiel 23:20

Genesis 5:24: And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

don't try this stupid manipulative guilt trip on me.
you know very well that we must judge others by their fruits, and if the fruit tree bears rotten fruits then that tree must be cut down.
and those who are practising immoral live styles are the rotten fruits of their tree of deception and rebellion against The Holy God
who's patience will run out when His Son Jesus Christ returns and destroys all forms of immoral live styles.

The ones who crucified Christ on earth, not the crucifixion in the sky. Those who cruvified Christ on earth were possessed by the demonic forces who invade the heavenly realms. Gnostic, Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox sources all state the existence of entities that are against the Most High God, which embody those who wish to keep people out of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

James 4:11-12: Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Thanks for the reading though

Let me springboard this idea here.
There are three aspects to God, as accepted by the three main branches of Christianity (Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Protestantism): The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost
The Father is the form existing in Heaven, who governs the universe and ensures his will is done on Earth.
The Son, Jesus Christ, was sent to Earth to lead people to Salvation in a time where God's will was no longer understood.
The Holy Ghost is the divine fabric of reality. Everything exists as a manifestation of God, it is only an illusion that it does not.
There are three ways of reaching heaven, corresponding with the three bodies of God and three surviving sects.
The Highest form of illumination is realizing the Holy Spirit, or the true nature of reality. This knowledge can be used to manipulate the illusionary world (walking on water, laying on of hands, ect.) and ultimately can lead to ascension. This is the most difficult path and corresponds with the mysticism of the Orthodoxy.
The middle form is through righteous works. In doing good and overcoming sin, one can bring about The Father's will on Earth, and will be rewarded after death. This corresponds with Catholicism's emphasis on works.
The last way was brought about by The Son in a time when The Father's will was discernible by humans. By having genuine faith in Jesus Christ and repentance in one's sins, one can be saved. This is the simplest of the three ways, and corresponds with the focus on faith in Protestantism.

immoral live styles are evil no matter how much you will try to use quotes from the Bible to justify them.

>Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
that quote doesn't apply to this case, that quote is always used by those who practice immoral live styles but is not applicable to them because in it's original meaning was meant not to judge
one's level of faith in God in Lord Jesus Christ because only God knows how honest and sincere everyones fait is.
But the immoral sinners started using this quote to be able to hide behind it and to justify their sinful life styles.

-here is what applies to those like yourself:
"Beware of false prophets.They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
16/.By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17/.Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.…"
Matthew 7:16

James 4:11-12: 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
4:12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Matthew 7:3-4: And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

you can twist and turn like a sneak but you and your immoral cousins will be destroyed and eliminated from this Planet as soon as LORD Jesus Christ returns.
And your destruction will be the most happy day in our lives.

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
6:29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.'
6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

FUCK YOU FAG
GO AND DIE IN HELL FIRE

Luke is the best gospel in my opinion. It has a lot of powerful verses, and Jesus' divinity isn't so stressed to the point that his sacrifice is diminished like it is in John.

Let go of the hate brother, and let love take it's place.
John is a very interesting Gospel in how mystical and distant it is to the Synoptic Gospels. What are your opinions on the non-canonical gospels?

>Let go of the hate brother, and let love take it's place.
haha, fuck you too
I ain't loving immoral perverts who spit in the face of Holy God and practice their filthy live styles.

The sooner they get removed from this Earth the better.
We don't need their filth pushed on us and on our young children in schools

John is my second favorite, precisely for its mysticism, but as I said it conflicts with my personal emphasis on Christ's sacrifice. I haven't gotten around to reading many of the gnostic gospels, thought I have been meaning to. I did read the fragmentary Gospel of Mary, and was surprised with the cosmology it references, how different it was from now well-established metaphysical ideas.The interrogation of the soul reminded me a bit of the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

the heathen rage lel

Luke 6:46: Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?
How do you emphasis his sacrifice?

I read the Gospel of Judas once, it was really badly fragmented and was pretty short; mostly talked about gnostic cosmology, but I always liked the idea Judas was making a sacrifice of his own and doing what Jesus told him to do.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." -- Proverbs 28:1

"They will follow the LORD; he will roar like a lion. When he roars, his children will come trembling from the west." -- Hosea 11:10

"Those I love, I rebuke and discipline. Therefore be earnest and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me. To the one who is victorious, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." -- Rev 3:20

>How do you emphasis his sacrifice?
I understand it to be very spiritually and emotionally important. I feel that John makes Jesus too omnipotent, to the point that the pain and emotion in his death is mitigated. I read Luke as Jesus knowing the course of events, but being content with it or resigning himself to it, whereas John makes it out like Jesus set the whole thing up, which isn't as emotionally compelling or spiritually fulfilling for me.

Find me one binding statement prior to Trent that even suggested they were canon.

No, it's just funny that a lot of Veeky Forums can quote bible verses off the bat, but can't cite for shit when talking about history. Goes to show how fucked your priorities are.

& humanities was truly a mistake.

>ugh people know bible verses?!??!
>I'm telling my internet friends on /r/atheism about this!

turn the other cheek goyim

Schlongbergstein 3:16

A lot of atheists can quote the bible better than Christians.

It's actually knowing what's in the bible that made them atheists in the first place.

>this meme

When retards read the bible they become atheists.

When actually smart people read the bible they become either agnostics or keep their faith

Errr okay. If you say so user.

It's true but I don't think you understood me.

If you become atheist because you think religion doesn't make sense then that's okay. But if you become atheist because you've "read" the bible all it means is that you didn't understand it

Sure thing user.

Cool story Bro.

A lot of atheist read the bible to act like smart asses not put of actual interest

Hit a nerve, have I?

*out

book of ecclesiastes

>Goes to show how fucked your priorities are
I rather know Bible than history that not always is written with accuracy how it really happened.
I guess depends who was writing about particular historical event, guy from the site who won, or a guy from the site who lost.

Bible knowledge takes priority over history books, besides there is plenty of historical facts in the Bible.

majority of them who are quoting Bible verses so well are those who are living immoral live styles and when confronted about it
hey are always quoting (or rather misquoting) Bible verses to justify their immoral live styles,
like this user did here in this post exchange: Good new is that the end to all forms of immoral live styles is near, and God Himself will eliminate them from our planet for ever.
Last time God cleansed the Earth with water this time God will do it with fire.
The sooner the better in my opinion.

>Bible knowledge takes priority over history books
& Humanities was a mistake

maybe you were a mistake
maybe your mother should have aborted you