Sufism

TELL ME ABOUT THE SUFI

WHY DOES HE SPIN?

youtube.com/watch?v=G5goISKPSH8

Also how did Sufism get started? Why don't Wahhabis like them? Is Sufism present in Shia Islam as well? Do their beliefs differ from "mainstream" Sunni Islam, and if so how? How many different schools of thought or "kinds" of Sufism are there? How comparable is Sufism to Christian monasticism?

>tell me about the sufi
just sandniggers tbqh

>why does he spin?
because he's a faggot

>how did sufism get started?
politics

>why don't wahhabis like them?
stupid, insignificant religious differences

>is sufism present in shia islam as well?
no.

>do their beliefs differ from "mainstream" sunni islam, and if so how?
it doesn't differ from it b/c they're both islam

>how many different schools of thought or "kinds" of sufism are there?
none.

>how comparable is sufism to christian monasticism?
they're cucked abrahamic "religions" or rather, spooks, for jews to take advantage of them. true story.

euphoric

SALAFISTS A SHIT
A SHIIIITTTT

>implying what I said was incorrect
Stay mad, Christcuck

Fuck off and get back to /pol/.

I am a Chechen and my father, grandfather, and so on used to participate in Chechen zikrs. I don't know too much about Sufism even if all my ancestors were Sufis since converting to Islam till now.
The video you posted is a Chechen zikr. It has its roots probably in Vainakh paganism mixed with Islamic chants.

>Why don't Wahhabis like them?
Because the prophet Muhammad did not practise these kind of Zikrs

>Is Sufism present in Shia Islam as well?
No.

>Do their beliefs differ from "mainstream" Sunni Islam, and if so how?
It is more mystical and spiritual.

>How many different schools of thought or "kinds" of Sufism are there?
Don't know a number, but there are many.

Why are all the best variants of Abrahamic religion the ones with pagan roots, and all the ones that are sola scriptura absolute shit?

>go back to /pol/
make me you chechen piece of shit, oh that's right, you can't.

guess I'll stay here then.

>I am a Chechen

wtf i love Veeky Forums now

Thats your opinion.

k then keyboardwarrior.

wtf i hate Veeky Forums now

you've posted this same image with the same filename like 5 times today

>affiliating atheists with le ebic tipping fedora hitler and /pol/
Try harder, Reddit.

i wouldn't quite say
is fedora as he's praising pagan religions

>le tippy hat man XD
Got an actual argument against atheism?

>le keyboard warrior meme
nice comeback, now I'm really going to stay here.

Well in Turkey we have a lot of Bektashi people and most of them feel closer to Shia today.Because Bektashi saw Ali as a great warrior and succesor to Muhammed as well.

On the number of sects it's probably infinite even in 20th century some sects have started i.e Gulen Cemaat

the bible

butthurt atheists detected

why are atheists such philistines intent on destroying culture and Veeky Forumstory?

Hahahahaha no but seriously lads if you could just tell me about Sufis rather than memes about atheism vs religion that would be great.

What kind of views are there on music in the countries where Sufism is strongest?

Arn't you a keyboardwarrior?

Seems like a minority.

Wahhabis are basically protestants:halal edition. Go figure.
Shia Islam is mystic by itself(there are Shia personalities you could call "Sufi", but it is mostly a Sunni thing)
Sufism was once the "mainstream". They are more spiritual and mystical than the average Sunni Muslim.
Pic related.

They are mystics who used to trip on alcohol and drugs to get closer to allah also in the time of the ottoman empire they had lodges everywhere within the empire, the jannisaries were mostly bektashi which is a sub group of sufis.
Most balkan muslims are also bektashi because the sufi lodges converted them instead of the ottoman government.

>Also how did Sufism get started?
Mostly spiritual initiatory Traditions of Egypt and Mesopotamia, adapted to Islam. Is the esoteric part. It's more trascendent nature also helped to spread Islam in Central Asia where shamanistic practices and beliefs where absorbed in it. Any country converted to islam with pre islamic esoteric/magic beliefs, kept them in Sufism. Same goes for Iran, Turkey, Syria, etc.

It fucks with Saudi Arabia's dominion (challenges their decadent lifestyle and corruption) and they view it as heresy (like the church with gnostics). Also it presents a really spiritual view and not a mechanistic/material ritualism like the one they need to have dumb peasant slaves.

IIRC there are "aproved" sufi groups in Saudi Arabia, akin to the Dalai Lama or Catholic Bishop in China that is selected by the government (because is a controlled puppet).

Yes. But it's somewhat persecuted in Iran too.

Exoterically no. Their interpretations are different.

Different traditions, like most initiatory traditions they have a 'chain' of transmission since Muhammad or Adam to some Caliph and then the founder of the order, and disciples. Some may be seen as ilegitimate.

>How comparable is Sufism to Christian monasticism?
More comparable to christian mysticism or gnosticism IMO.

>WHY DOES HE SPIN?
The dance represents the spining of the celestial bodies around the sun, with humans being the "celestial bodies" and the "sun" Allah. Is a form of meditation.