/eog/ - EVE Online General

P2W Edition

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>[soon?] New Probe System
>[April] CONCORD Ships
>[March] Balance Tweaks: Focused Warp Scrambling Script
>[March] Balance Tweaks: Fighters, Supercarriers & Burst Projectors
>[March] Mobile Warp Disruptor changes
>[March] Rorqual and Mining changes
>[March] Mining Drone Specialization skill and T2 Mining Drones

Past:
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h118soy36Ew&t=0s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks Gav

TENGOO RISE 2017

Is Astero a good ship?

first for infinite ammo

no

>PL/NC CSM think if you make lowsec like nullsec it would fix everyones problem

Why vote for these people.

Why no CSM candidate for more remaps?

yes for scanning and killing covops, for fighting proper combat ships it needs a ton of bling.

covops with max skills become better at scanning, but astero is superior at requiring no skills

I du wan exPLOre hedr it maek a LOTTa mone

You forgot about the Asteros' superior align time.

Because they will be changing attributes eventually, it was mentioned when they changed clones.

Is the XL scorch meme real?

Rev vs Nag for null fleets?

>Dragging the mouse creates a dragbox rather than rotating the camera
What the fuck kind of bug is this

Stop holding control.

I wasn't though.

I don't know then.

Maybe your keyboard is fucked

sometimes happen to me too

Its the only covop frig that can kill stuff on 1v.

Hey now, I'll have you know I have a few kills in my Helios.

>2 sites
>43% on all crytals

>not cloaking in a relic site with a blaster manticore

Load T1 crystals.

Then load scorch anyway because why else would you use lasers?

Bombers don't count.

Guys i recently upgraded my toaster to a skylake build 100% budget its 8gbs of ram i3 6100 + gx 1060 6gb (the tiny evga sc) and im having kinda of low frames with an ultra large monitor, thing is gtav which as far as i know is a more demanding title its doing way better than eve, is this game like cpu bound or something? my cpu its the thing i jew the most you guys thin i should go for an i5?

Rev, but not because of scorch, you basically never want to use anything but short range ammo on a dread except for when you are shooting with high angle guns at Battleships.

Nag is more versatile tho.

Nag is basically the safest choice to ever pick for a dreadnought.
Rev used to be shit a few months ago and for the longest time.
Moros got the short end with that same patch.
Phoenix is best at shooting subcaps but meh for structures or capitals, unless they are neuted shield caps.

I play on a toaster with a broken graphics card, I don't know a thing about how the game works above minimum settings.
You're better off asking in the official technical support forum.

Iam well above recommende settings!
Things arnt taht bad i get like 45-55 fps all times even in bigish fleets cant expect much of a 600 build is guess.

EVE is definitely more CPU intensive than GPU. Disabling sound will help with fleets etc

try with shader and post fx settings at medium

I have had a moros since it had the drone bonus guns5 dread5 but it's just meh now.

I like the rev but the capless guns thing is pretty big now.

Why is energy neuts a thing

How the do you figtht against an Orthus? It is just too fast and the missles kill any fast tackle before I can get on him.

Fight fire with fire? Or just mass caracals and tanky tackle.

Counter for various fit types that would otherwise lack significant weaknesses. Variety too

>a cruiser that is so op you actually have to engage it en masse or with gay baiting

>CCP killing carrier ratting
What do we think?

Get good.

They aren't though, rats blapping fighters after the sig nerf is a thing that doesn't happen outside of the imagination of nullbears.

>implying people here can afford a carrier

try it vs angels, it's gg for carriers. everyone will run smartbomb bs again

I could afford a dozen carriers easily. I just don't fly them because fuck caps.

I can afford a carrier and I'm spacepoor. It's not exactly hard and they insure well on top of that.

>stratpaps

>it's gg for carriers
Okay, stop carrier ratting then.

Agree. Also stop Rorqual mining, it's getting nerfed too.

Exactly.
Also stop being gay, dicks are getting nerfed as we speak.

Speak for yourself, my dick has never been harder.

Is pupper a meme? Can I have fun there?

what are the minimum skills (guns/ship) that I should have before flying one?

I am training into amarr cruisers now, should I wait until I have med energy guns V and cruiser IV or is it okay to use with only meta guns and cruiser III?

I really want to fly the maller but I don't want to be just throwing it away for the sake of impatience. I've heard a lot that lasers are very reliant on their T2 variants/ammo

>maller

>prophecy

lads please

3/3 is fine for PVE or if you're just starting out. 4 ship/t2 guns should be your goal for PVP though.

We're all memes here user.
Maybe to the second.

Okay thanks mate. I just found a good compromise which is acting as bait. I have T2 smalls already so all I need to do is train cruiser IV and then I can do that. I doubt many people would go for it nowadays but then there are a lot of new/rusty pilots like me around who wouldn't know I have 91k ehp in armour

Literally no one is going to engage a maller, and if it is its gonna be newbros and those killmails arent worth shit. What do you expect to learn out of that? If you wanna fly amarr cruisers so bad just fly a nomen. If thats too expensive step down a notch and fly navy frigs or something.

I already fly T1/Navy/T2 frigs, I just want to try something different and cruisers are the logical next step

Should I train legion or proteus? Which is better in general and which one will give more useful skills (ie. Amarr cruiser V vs Gallente cruiser V)?

Gallente Cruiser V hands down for utility. You have a huge number of fighting options and, very strong PVP and PVE ships.

Amarr Cruiser V if you really like Amarr ships.

I don't know about T3Cs though

>guy in horde brings a cloaked looter to a large fight
>mfw watching the drama

Unlike Amarr, Gallente actually has decent T2 options.

Right now? Which comms?

>Changes are coming to resource gathering in New Eden, and the game mechanics behind the process. The chance to discover untold riches and explore the unknown in New Eden will become even more accessible with an overhaul of asteroid fields.

What did they meme by this?

More mining opportunities in WH space?

So what happened to the supposed vexor redesign?

>take good looking ship
>redesign it so it looks worse
>ignore ugly ships

>My subjective opinions regarding how ships look is correct, other opinions are wrong.
Grow up.

>corps will need 100 low SP alpha slave workers per moon to mine the moonrocks their mining platform spits out
>Moonrocks consist of 3 layers of moonore that needs to cool down for 72 hours after getting mined
>Moonrocks will have a mining laser damage cap
>you'll need to organize 3 large mining ops to break them up

He is right that they seem to leave the worst for last though

>>kugu is back

He's perfectly right, and hi sentiment is shared by the vast majority of people

You're just being contrary for the hell of it

Grow up

>3 more days until injectors

HURRY UP

Oh, okay. Thanks, Foozie.

>Not buying injectors with Plex money

I did a bit before but I've already gone way over my annual budget for this game already

The vast majority of the comments on this video are positive toward the redesign. Now who's being contrarian?

youtube.com/watch?v=h118soy36Ew&t=0s

>CCP are redesigning ships other than osprey bellicose and celestis
>user thinks this is fine

Why do people like the unique ship designs of eve being made more generic?

It's just caldari seen shitters, they all have shit taste

People that want Caldari ships redesigned are the ultimate plebians. The Osprey is a decent looking ship. It's not pretty, but there are so many uglier ships that I can't understand why people complain about it. I can accept people not liking ships like the old Moa and Blackbird, although I actually liked the Moa, but the Caracal really did not need a redesign and neither do the Osprey or Cormorant. I've never really looked at the Chimera so I'm not going to comment on it.

Daily reminder that the moros is absolutely inferior to the naglfar

Mate the Corm stylistically was fine but it looked like a lego model from circa 2000

I suppose so, I'm just annoyed that they keep redesigning ships I like whilst leaving the Celestis and other abominations alone.

>The Osprey is a decent looking ship
Nah
It's in the same can as the old moa, celestis, imicus, burst, and every minmatar cruiser except the stabber

Speaking of which, I wish they'd update the minmatar frigs already. On one hand we have things like the hound (which looks amazing by the way), but on the other hand some frigs still have their 2008 models. It'd be nice if they were to just update their models and textures while not making them drastically different.
Kinda like what happened to the tempest.

>brought one looter
>blapped
>brought another one
>blapped

This desu.

The design of the hound was the only reason I trained Minmatar frigs to V, but some of those other ships just look terrible.

I feel as though just about everything but the celestis is fine in basic design, but there's a laundry list of ships that could just use poly and texture updates.

G A R M U R
A
R
M
U
R

what ship do you guys main?

Ratting VNI, of course

Sabre.

Ratting Ishtar, of course

>can't like the new chimera design without being called either a contrarian or tasteless pleb
I like sharp edges though

Ratting Naglfar, of course.

are the VNI/ishtar the best ticks you can get at subcap level solo? not including smartbombing machs or whatever

>ccp doesn't dare touch the rifter and variants because "muh iconic ships"
>doesn't realize they can just update the models and textures
>rifter model rots away forever looking like something from 2004

rattlesnake best subcap ratting ship prove me wrong fgts
well actually a vindicator can pull better ticks but it requires 20 years of blaster skills and like 50 dps/optimal/tracking implants

No, they're just a good balance of easy to use, safe, fast to train into and cheap.

>ishtar
>cheap

stop being rich you fuck