I recently came into possession of a little over $100,000.00

I recently came into possession of a little over $100,000.00

How would you invest this amount for
>short term gains(5< years)
>long term gains (>5 years)

For both long and short time horizons

I recommend a 2 part portfolio. Consolidate 90% of your assets in bitcoin and then invest 10% in penny stocks for diversification. Rebalance every 6 months.

don't listen to this memecoiner and his fancy terms

use the money to teach kids english in taiwan while also living a nice cozy lifestyle

I'm offering a diversified asset allocation strategy and you're saying to go teach English in Asia. Who is the memer here?

>consolidate 90% of your assets in memecoin
more like trying to make urself rich

ur the real memer here

Bitcoin has a market cap of billions. 100k is nothing. I bought some at 580

All in on Bitcoin become it's 10k per coin.

All these buttcoiners are fucking idiots. IIt's gamblimg plain and simple. They may be right, but if they are wrong and you invest significantly in it and it crashes hard like it as before you'll be fucked waiting hard. Put a few percent if you want but there's a reason people preech diversification.

If you're smart you'll invest the vast majority in index funds to get a great head start on an early retirment.

>if you're smart you'll invest the vast majority in index funds

Index funds are low risk, low reward. Tbh, I'd rather take reasonable risks (like BTC) right now and potentially retire in my 30's than never take any risks at all. If I fail, I have a country cottage where I can grow my own food and live for next to nothing, like my grandparents do.

>predicted the bottom at 150
>predicted every single dip
>muh luck
>muh index funds
Spoken like a true KEK. Stay poor.

Never said there wasn't money to be made on it. Banking all your retirement savings on it is still a fools errand.

>Short Term

All-in MGTI

Something is abrewing, just went from .7 to .9 in a day. After earnings report in march, april will be $3.

Massive bitcoin mining operation 10+peta hash.
Mined 180 with 1 petahas in a month.

Their sentinel product just released, tons of sales connections with mcaffee from antivirus day.

Think people are realizing this will be another billion+ security firm. Just picked up another 2k last week. Dat 20% gain today feels good man.

I hear Dutch tulip bulbs are the hot new thing.

Buy copper

>index funds
>early retirement

Kek.

TO THE MOON!

>fictional coins

>Short term gain
A mix of short-dated government bonds, and short-dated corporate bonds. Vanguard have funds for both of these.

>Long term gains
A broad fund like a vanguard developed world equity index tracker, and a selection of company shares which have excellent fundamentals.

what kind of program is that blackscreen thing where it shots lines graphs and dots?

Yea dude its very achievable if you save and aren't a consumerist sheep. Try to find happiness outside of buying shit and trying to impress people and it's hard.

not hard*

Low risk great reward. Compound interest is a great thing. You're gambling plain and simple, especially if you aren't cashing our gains out on the regular.

>bitcoin
>marketcap

KÈEEEK

In reference to bitcoins.

kek

are all the retards in here shilling for buttcoin actually savvy investors just trolling for You's or something, or is there really an actual influx of actual cointards

I was in pretty much the same boat as you.

Started asking for advice on stocks and investments, but I couldn't get over my complete lack of distrust for major corporations, banks, and even fiat money.

Then I started messing around with bitcoin, and almost got burnt doing stupid stuff like shorting.
Then I simply dumped it all into bitcoin long term.
Best decision I ever made, waking up every morning is like Christmas with all these sick gains.

Best of all; recent developments, future developments, and the very nature of bitcoin potentially make it the best known investment in the long term too.

>it crashes hard like it as before

It crashed kind of hard last time, but remember that the crash was MUCH slower than the bubble rise that preceded it.

Also, last time was a perfect storm of shitluck:

- bitcoin rose way too quickly in only one month (this time around it's taken 16 months to climb less)
- the only exchange website (mtgox) got hacked
- China suddenly announced unprecedented measures on bitcoin

>my complete lack of distrust
*my complete lack of trust

I'm sick as shit and covered in blankies.

You can't predict the future. If you are solely invested in just one thing whether that be bitcoins or memestocks you're a fool. Sure Apple's happen and early bitcoin but for every one of those there's tens of thousands of those who failed to diversify and lost it all.

Bitcoin once again doesn't mean anything until you cash it out or are able to spend it freely just like fiat.

technologyreview.com/s/603295/why-bitcoins-1000-value-doesnt-matter/

>You can't predict the future.
No, but you can keep an eye on the ticker. All the time.

If you do, it's like being able to change your bet mid-race to the horse that's pulling ahead.

>lost it all.
The late 2013 crash happened due to some of the most unlikely of circumstances all happening at once. And it STILL took months to "crash".

This time around, the growth is MUCH more gradual and sustainable, with a much more diversified spread of bitcoin owners (many more exchanges, people, nationalities, reasons, ...).

Sure, it might still crash in slow motion, but it's never going to plummet.
If bitcoin didn't plummet in 2013, it never will.

Even if every government in the world decided to crack down on bitcoin, it would simply drive up its price in the black market.

And unlike major corporations/banks/governments, bitcoin is impervious to top-tier fraud scandals.

One of the first rules of investment is to not get emotionally invested. All you have is hope and assumptions. People were saying the same shit before 2013 happened.

Bitcoin also has major hurdles to overcome, read the article above for some examples.

>All you have is hope and assumptions.

And the essential features of bitcoin itself.
And past events like Venezuela, China, India.
And future events like EU worsening/collapse, China's economy on the brink, global instances of war on cash and gold, ...

Also, things like "you can't predict the future", and "all you have is hope and assumptions" apply to literally EVERYTHING investment-related.

At the very least, with bitcoin you know there isn't some boardroom of bonus-snorting pension-aged yuppies pulling all the wrong strings. Unlike every major corporation, bank, government ever.

This meme needs to die. Bitcoin is finding it very hard to find mainstream acceptance as it is, and you expect me to believe that normies (aka everyday people, not the whales that currently own most coins) are going to flock to bitcoin during uncertain times. You're deluding yourself. Investments do have actual tangible value though, unlike bitcoin. You've also ignored the issues in the article presented above. Seriously go take a read, try to be objective.

>you expect me to believe that normies (aka everyday people, not the whales that currently own most coins) are going to flock to bitcoin during uncertain times
If normies in China and India can do it, why not?

People get VERY motivated when they notice their governments trying to take away their ability to exchange cash.

Also, bitcoin doesn't even need mainstream acceptance to hit astronomic levels. It only needs fractions of capital from other investments to reach tens of thousands of dollars per bitcoin.

>Investments do have actual tangible value though
Fiat money in itself has no actual tangible value. Neither do vast amounts of types of investments.
It's all 100% down to TRUST, by definition.

And I wouldn't trust a bunch of managers, bankers, and politicians with my collection of fossilized shark teeth, let alone with my money.

I think you overestimate the average Chinese and Indian citizen. The average American is tech illiterate and has no idea what bitcoin is or maybe not even heard of it. You're going to tell me the average Chinese and Indian has and even if they have, they all of a sudden are able to easily aqcuire them? Get real man most coins are in the hands of a few in those countries. You're delusional and the fact you once again won't address the articles concerns that have been posted above shows me your too emotinally invested to think objectively about bitcoin. I won't discuss this further.

I'll leave a note that I hope it does raise because I have a couple of coins but I'm not going to drink the kool-aid. You need to take your blinders off.

>The average American is tech illiterate and has no idea what bitcoin is or maybe not even heard of it.
Lol, you sound like one of those early internet detractors.

>the fact you once again won't address the articles concerns that have been posted above shows me your too emotinally invested to think objectively about bitcoin
There's only one article, and it's a vague warning about China and bitcoin tech.

1) many of the latest bitcoin pushes have been happening DESPITE China
2) there are numerous concrete plans for updating the tech; most notably segwit

Bitcoin is still very much in its infancy, which is precisely why now is the time to get in.
It's proven its resilience after the late-2013 bubble&crash, but isn't yet known well enough to hit the mainstream investment world.

Of course there's going to be risk, but if you stay even a little bit vigilant you're not going to run into too many problems.

Also, that article talks about how hitting $ 1k means nothing as the bitcoin market cap is still too small compared to fiat currencies.

This is probably one of the best endorsements you can find for bitcoin, since it's basically saying bitcoin has immense potential.

OP LISTEN UP

You need to learn the concept of value investing as made famous by Warren buffet and Benjamin graham. You should invest that money a few good stocks that are priced low with great dividend history.

For example. $STON is the 2nd largest funeral services company in America with an annual dividend payout of almost 14%. So let's say you invest the entire 100k. You'll get roughly 3,500 paid in dividends 4 times a year and you can reinvest and compound the interest. Eventually 3500 turns into 4000, which turns into 4600, which turns into 5200 and so on until it snowballs. That's not including the share price going up over a long period of time.

If you sell the stock after 1 year and 1 day, your profits are taxed at a mere 15%. You could make more money in your boxers if you analyze and pick the correct stock using this method.

Pic related. $9.02 was the lowest stock price recorded at the height of the great recession. This stock is now valued at $9.29 cents. With this method, if the stock goes down, it's only going to go down a few pennies which minimizes risk whereas if you invest in penny stocks your likely to lose your shirtm

25% gain since this post

If you listend OP youd have 125k