ITT: Things that we passionately hate about car culture

>muh pigfat wide-body***

Other urls found in this thread:

carthrottle.com/
minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/10/11/report-only-18-percent-of-americans-can-drive-manual/
youtu.be/RFiaZ5VHY7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>carthrottle.com/

How does a widebody make a car pigfat?

To keep with thread theme. I hate people who love unreliable cars, then swear they are reliable.

>poor autistic benchracing teenage busriders

Makes the car harder to turn.

People who are underage and don't have a car posting on Veeky Forums.

People who pretend they know how cars work, while actually being clueless. They can get the basics right, but not the how, why and what.

The entire purpose of a widebody kit is to fit wider rubber, which actually makes the car easier to turn, since it increases grip.

Lmao

>0Civic nation is pretty much dead for us new civic owners.

I was driving next to another civic of the same color and year and it was an old black lady driving. Then again I never see any other blue 2016-2017 civic EX-Ts on the road where I live.

>pigfat
Nice buzzword kiddo
In what world is wider fenders and wider tires pigfat?

Autistic people who think you need to track your car in order to be a true enthusiast

People who brag about their car's handling abilities when they spend 95% of their time driving in a straight line on highways

People who assume you drive an automatic because you lack the supreme ability to comprehend a manual transmission

Europeans who think Americans can't drive manual
>my mom, dad, sister and myself all know how

Europeans who think Americans have never encountered a roundabout
>there's like five in my area

Stickers on cars advertising the owner's choice of air filter or sound system

The obsession with black wheels and murdered-out cars

Aftermarket exhausts on anything lower than a V6
>some 4's sound okay, but rare

Roof racks as a fashion statement
>you don't live in Aspen, asshole

elitist who don't like fun
so basically Veeky Forums

This has to be the greatest and most honest post I've seen here in the last 7 years.

>Europeans who think Americans have never encountered a roundabout

It's because we genuinely think that there are no roundabouts in America, well fuck me I guess

no it doesn't. That's why we use differential gears. They let one side of tires spin faster than the other.

>Europeans who think Americans can't drive manual
minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/10/11/report-only-18-percent-of-americans-can-drive-manual/

>cruising along at 60
>shit a roundabout is coming up
>ease down to 30, maybe stop if it's busy
>make my way between 2 Suzys who are texting their Chads.
>exit immediately
>back to 60mph

that's why we fucking hate them. and yes we have them.

>Not upgrading the exhaust on your 2.3 turbobrick

of all Americans, you gotta think 60% of us are white.

Then 50% of that 60% are male. That's 30% of all Americans.

Now 18% of Americans driving a manual means 1 in every 2 American males knows how to operate stick.

And you'd rather sit at a red light for two solid minutes?

yes. *finger gun*

kachow.

>Aftermarket exhausts on anything lower than a V6
Hey now, most motorcycles (with their I3/I4 engines) sound pretty good once you add a decent exhaust system.

>it's a "non-whites aren't American citizens" episode
And one in two white males knowing stick is still a shit number. Around here everyone, male or female, takes their exam on manual because otherwise they're not allowed to drive manual afterwards. Automatic licenses are for the physically disabled.

well aint that cute...

I fucking hate bikercunts who think the already loud stock exhaust isn't loud enough, and make their bike a nuisance to public peace in a radius of a quarter mile.

Up to a mile in river valleys, mind you. There's this one cunt in my town with a dirt bike and you can hear his fartcan approaching or leaving for a solid minute.

people who shit on everything for having a bad interior and cannot for the life of them communicate what the problem is

There's a difference between volume and quality though. Sure, a Harley or literbike with an open exhaust sounds shit, but the proper combination of headers and mufflers can make for a quiet bike that still sounds good.

Point still stands, every engine deserves a good exhaust system.

My bike is loud. But you can deal with it for 5 seconds.
Its stock too.
Eat a dick.
Also love revving at people on their phones while driving with their window down

>Autistic people who think you need to track your car in order to be a true enthusiast

You do

>People who brag about their car's handling abilities when they spend 95% of their time driving in a straight line on highways

Not an argument

>People who assume you drive an automatic because you lack the supreme ability to comprehend a manual transmission
That is usually the case

>Europeans who think Americans can't drive manual
Most cant

>Europeans who think Americans have never encountered a roundabout
It's not that common here

I wouldn't expect Americans to understand since they're perfectly content with putting asphalt on their roofs or wood-look vinyl on their exterior "walls" to save money.

>ITT: Things that we passionately hate about car culture.
People who post on Veeky Forums with:

>not an argument

It's the internet equivalent of ''nuh-uh''

People who say the GT86 is slow

But it is.

Being slow doesn't make it bad, though.

>car culture
>motorcycles

>Things that we passionately hate about car culture.
Not being able to include others into the fun, and obsessing over group behaviour. For example, Hondafags hating Chevyfags/Toyotafags/BMWfags, and car guys hating bikes, tractors, and r/c cars because I DON'T LIKE X, STOP LIKING X!!!!1!!!!

>pretending that most people don't mean motoring culture in general when they say car culture

People are too involved in making sure people KNOW they're a car enthusiast rather than actually being one.

A good 80% of people are constantly updating their yt/insta/fb/etc with mundane stuff looking for acceptance

Everyone passes judgement on everyone else's car reasoning why theirs is better to satisfy themselves.

People are focused more on the $$$ aspect (you paid how much?!).

No one experiments anymore. Its just google this and pay for that and you've BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

I'm probably just autistic but those are my thoughts

Matte paint/wraps.

Cars are supposed to be shiny.

Why is the world cruel to shiny things

My reverse gear literally grinds

Just 15 year old t56 high mileage factory defect things

The word "car" has absolutely nothing to do with bikes. Stop reaching.

It's lucky to do 0-60 in under 7 seconds without a professional driver

I love my FC, and it's more reliable than an FD, but I'd never recommend it for it's reliability.

>Cars are supposed to be shiny.
Offroaders aren't, but I get your feeling when some fancy Porsche or AMG rolls up with a goddamn matte wrap, or worse, paint job. It's fine on a shitbox or offroader, but why the hell would you do that to a luxury car?

I still don't like it when people in car culture are acting pretentious and exclusive.

Ive never owned an unreliable FC.
I always get confused when people say how horrible they are.
Anyway. Dont wanna start a rotary bash thread.

Stop being an anal cunt.

>I still don't like it when people in car culture are acting pretentious and exclusive
I'm not. Never said I hate bikes.

You're just determined to use a fucking CBR600 as an example of good sounding 4, when the thread is clearly about CAR culture.

10 years ago that would have been insanely fast. Just because manufacturers are going full retard with overpowering some cars doesn't make the FRS/BRZ slow.

5.5 0-60 used to be retard fast, like 10-15 years ago. Only a few cars had it. Now every car model on earth has a v6 with nearly (or more than) 300hp, and the SUVs all have V8s so the bros can act masculine. Which, again, doesn't make the FRZ slow.

The new breed of faggots that flip their autistic shit if you swap in an off-brand engine, or swap engines at all unless it's the same one you had stock. Or even mention it as a possibility. Christ.

It makes even less sense than those people who think FI is "cheating".

It's a car, it's for going fast. Not showing your allegiance to GM over ford.

For every one bike with a loud can, there's about thirty fucking trucks roaring through the neighborhood.

Why trucks. Why? Freer flowing exhaust is for peak HP and they never fucking use it. I get bikes, they're revving high all the time because lolnotorks (but most decent bikes sound better if you can hear the actual engine over the exhaust), but trucks? Fuck. I even get shitbox civics with fartcans, but not fucking pickups.

>technology has vastly improved
>but this car made with new technology hasn't

way to argue for it being even more shit

all toyota had to do was flip subaru the bird and use someone else's engine.

>10 years ago that would have been insanely fast
So a Xbox 360 has great graphics, right? It did ten years ago, so it still does.

You're trying to warp what this thread is about to suit your argument. Car culture is not equivalent to motorsport culture. Should we include speed boats?

Just stop.

>I hate roundabouts because they keep traffic moving instead of stopping everyone and backing up miles of traffic

The engine isn't even that bad. Sure it has torque dips and shit but it's a 2l making 200hp. That's 100hp/l. The problem is cars nowadays have to be safe which adds weight so as a result the GT86 has a really poor power to weight ratio. They didn't want to give it a big engine or forced induction since it's supposed to be a successor to the AE86

In an ideal world the GT86 would weight just a little bit more than the AE86 but utilize a 200+hp engine made by Yamaha. Then it would truly be a godmachine

Lmao this
>It would be really good 10 years ago!

That's not even really true anyway. Eighth gen v6 accords came out almost 10 years ago and they have like 5.6-5.8 secs to 60. Gt86 is a meme. They should've at least turbocharged it for the price they're asking.

fuck off with your low quality bait

Yeah, what kinda car do you own? None? Fuck off kid. Let the adults talk.

>all toyota had to do was flip subaru the bird and use someone else's engine.

Except they couldn't because they had a partnership and using a different engine would have fucked it over meaning none of the cars would have been made

>10 years ago that would have been insanely fast.
Sub 7 seconds wasn't fast 10 years ago. Some examples:
>2006 RAV4 AWD: 6.2
>2004 Camry SE: 6.6
>2000 Celica GT-S: 6.5
>2006 Highlander: 6.9
>2008 Land Cruiser: 6.8
>2000/2005 MR2 Spider: 6.5/6.8
>2008 Sequoia: 6.5
>2005 Tacoma: 6.7
>2007 Tundra: 6.0

So, it would not have been fast 10 years ago. It isn't fast now, it's actually quite slow. It's not supposed to be, and that's not a bad thing.

People who claim the FRZ is bad because it's slow are bad, people who think it needs defending for being slow are even worse.

>Freer flowing exhaust is for peak HP
Nope. A good truck exhaust maximises torque, which is exactly what you need. I get that most brodozers with straight pipes are obnoxious, but there is some performance merit for towing and hauling. To minimise the obnoxiousness, get cutouts.

Also, V8 noise is best noise.

>Should we include speed boats?
No, but car guys should appreciate a good boat.

I didn't mean to imply the FC was unreliable, my bad. I dd mine, but a lot of FC drivers try to fight the unreliable meme too hard and go all the way to say it's an incredibly reliable car. It's average. I replace the seals about as often as I did timing belt changes on my old Camry and it costs about the same too.

Ive taken many FCs over 200k miles wih stock seals.
Usually the coolant jacket will crack before seals go.
But yeah i agree. Not crazy unreliable, nor is it crazy reliable.
Great cars though.
I DD'd one for 7 years

People who think manual is hard.

Most people who "know how to drive stick" can't even brake while downshifting or rev match because they think it's "for racing".

AHAHAHAHA u wot m8

>elite driver because he rev match downshifts on his way to Applebees

Do speed roads use public roads?

What's your point? Speed boats have a motor, and they race. Now you're adding qualifications to exclude them? Hah!

>Car thread
> "but what about stuff that's not cars?"
Are you retarded?

I'm actually the one who brought up speed boats, but only because he proclaimed car culture to be the same thing as motoring culture. My point was that if he wants to include bikes in car/motoring culture, then why not speed boats?

>over 200k miles wih stock seals.
Now that just sounds irresponsible

Try twenty buddy. It isn't the early 2000's anymore

Well my bad, good point. If were going with motoring culture speed boats make sense. Same with sand rails.

>Europeans can't afford nice cars
I know there are some rare cases on Veeky Forums, but it's hard to take any euros seriously when they claim how superior their cars are when they can barely afford a €10k car. I shitpost on American sports cars but not only can I afford one, I actually drive one.

Anyone could afford an American "sports" car, they're cheap pieces of trash.

No one gives a shit what happens in poverty land

And here come the yurops.

I probably hate this Veeky Forums meme the most

Americans are the poorest posters on this board. Most either drive their mothers car or don't even drive.

You aren't special because you bought "muh v8" piece of shit crown vic.

I hate when people assume americans are poor

Yeah, more elite than most people who drive stick.

If you can't completely take over for the functions of an automatic transmission you should fucking get one, or suffer the cost of clutch replacements.

Much of the time the engines are brilliant, but everything else is designed with the intention of being affordable.

Nah, Yuro brands are overpriced pieces of trash

>or suffer the cost of clutch replacements
Shut up fag. I drove 2001 Civic to 154,000 miles and sold it with the original clutch. Rarely even attempted to rev match downshift.

They really are though

Enjoying your $9/hr?

and sometimes I even rested my hand on the shift knob. Does this trigger you?

How do you stoplight race from a roundabout? idiot

Says the faggot who assumes all Europeans are poor

>3 out of bottom 4 are Americans
>euro in top 3

Lmao, why is amerishit so fucking shit

I make salary at 50k take home a year.
I know its not a lot. But im not poor.
Im a home owner and a father.
Never said that.

>Im a home owner and a father
I would be embarrassed if I found out my dad spends time on Veeky Forums. Go clean the gutters nigger

They are clean.

Lmao how embarrassing

I hope your wife's son isn't a handful

Daughter actually, from an ex.
Shes a good kid.
My wife doesnt have an issue with her.

>but everything else is designed with the intention of being affordable
You mean everything else is designed with maximum profit span in mind (lol GM ignition locks). It's just that they can't increase the profit span any further because no one would buy American cars if they were a dime more expensive.

>My wife doesnt have an issue with her
Except that she's a walking reminder that you blasted hot goo in another woman's cunt. Oh yeah, she thinks about that.

lol.
Is this what children think about?
You need to be 18+ to post here

ALL THE DAY LONG BRO
youtu.be/RFiaZ5VHY7w

>actually makes the car easier to turn

Look up scrub radius and then shoot yourself.

>People who pretend they know how cars work, while actually being clueless. They can get the basics right, but not the how, why and what.

This is you.

Fuckheads who stop right before speedbumps and take them slow because he thinks his stock mustang is too low

Stop denying her your cum. Fix your mistake.