/scg/edg/ Star Dangerous Elites General #139: Atheism+ Edition

This General is a Cult-Free Zone: we maintain the neutral zone between the blind worship of RSI/Reddit and the retarded nurgleite zealotry of SomethingAwful. Posters making absurd claims that the game is never coming out or that it is on track to release on time will be ridiculed and accused of being goon provocateurs.

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/zy4xVRD
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14522-Star-Citizen-Careers-Mining
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14804-Design-Civilian-Passenger-Transport
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14974-Design-The-Endeavor
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous:

Last time on edgycultists
>UM HELLO DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND PVP IS RUINING ELITE
>um the constellation is a heavy foighter i know because i spent $20,000+ USD on SC

What would you even need an Argo for?

It can be used as a dropship (people don't need to be strapped to seats).
It can carry small cargo boxes around planets.
It can be used as a ship-to-surface personal transport.
It can be used for surface exploration like the dragonfly.
It's also getting reworked to have a repair arm on it so you can keep one in your cargo hold and go out in space to repair your bigger ship.

/edg/ discurd

discord.gg/zy4xVRD

>Plaxinov

No thanks.

It's primarily used as a snub ship for the larger ships it can be used for external repair.

Any community that does not self police and ban furries on site is not worth participating in.

Why post there instead of here?

This guy blocks your path, what do?

o7

Inb4 people find out this came from the reddit star citizen discord.

>Federal Corvette

that's clearly a sergal

>on site

senpai, at least speak english

I've got a pillow and anal cream, I'm ready o7

A what?

you're too young

I wish Derek was in charge of AtV.

It's baffling to me that someone doesn't follow him around with a camera all day. He's like the Gary Busey of game devs. Literally a walking talking meme.

He seems psychotic.

That's why it would be entertaining. I'm convinced that the only reason "I'm with Busey" failed is someone fucked around and told Gary the cameras were real.

Aside from the most recent video where Chambers confirmed mining, are there any videos where CIG goes more in depth about mining as far as gameplay?

You press buttons when a thing comes in and it turns things into things.

fuck

The new 10FTC is about professions in 3.0, but I don't know when it's coming out.

Not a video and not recent, but the best you'll get is robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14522-Star-Citizen-Careers-Mining

Note that it's probably all changed now due to how long ago that was

Good choice on the dragonfly.

I picked up a bunch of free CCU packages, dragonfly > MPUV and MPUV > dragonfly. So I can switch it up if I get bored of one.

Is it just one layer of things or do you go somewhere else and press another button to make those things into other things still? How many buttons Mason?

>don't know when it's coming out
I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't believe you.

I wish more shit was written out like that.

Someone summarize that article for me, CIG always talks things up and makes them needlessly complicated when they aren't.

>I wish more shit was written out like that.
There are some other posts like that, but they're pretty ancient.
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14804-Design-Civilian-Passenger-Transport
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14974-Design-The-Endeavor
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance
Passenger transport is especially amusing.

CIG on the never ending quest to increase fidelity. Nothing can top the passenger transport post as pointed out by

blow it out your ass

so much shit just to say "pick guy up and drop him at a thing"

I have
>Caterpillar
>Herald
>Buccaneer
>Dragonfly
I feel like i absolutely fucked up any early game experience i could have had.
Also wasted heaps of money.

Anyone here remember /v/lancer?

You have a combat ship, 2 profession ships and an ground exploration vehicle. You didn't do too bad imo.

This will be my pirate flag ship. As soon as this ship is available, capturing one for my own will be my top goal. 16,288 CU of all the cargo I can steal.

Perfect ship to creep up on a fat miner on his way out to sell.

>not wrecking it and making a spooky ghosty mining ship that entices players aboard and then kills them

Could be worse. At least you're not me. Not in that picture: Super Hornet and a Dragonfly.

Sorry, user, it looks like you accidentally picked the wrong image to go with your post. Let me help you fix your obvious mistake.

I hope we get creative stuff like that, dev or not. E:D disappointed me on that front

Spooky ghost ship. Looks like something right out of Dead Space.

I hope they don't fuck it up. Didn't they mention that they're currently working on the interior in some recent video/stream?

The only ships in that pack I don't like are the Idris-P and Starfarer. I'd trade those for an Idris-M and Prowler.

t. prowler poster

E:D disappointed everyone on that front.

>goto mining field
>find optimal location for mining, away from entry point.
>power off ship
>hide in ship
>wait for Prospector to find the deal of the galaxy
>cap him as soon as he enters
>leave with Orion and new Prospector
>rinse
>repeat if desired

no, no, no. you missed why the Orion is a flag ship pirate ship. I can go buy a tow truck if I need something to do work. My eventual Orion will never chew rocks again. The jaws are a trophy, and maybe a weapon if it will damage ships. Reclaimers are bad ass looking ships in their own right and will be critical to have around, but they will never strike fear the same way fooling someone with an Orion only for them to realized they are fucked after it is too late.

>annoying bitch injecting herself into every conversation that everyone wants to slap
accurate

Want to change the colour of my HUD in ED but there's no "Products" folder in my EDLaunch folder pls send help

Nvm I'm a retard

let's be real here.

what is this shit

ED_skybox_seen_thousand_times.jpg

I_want_to_die_please_kill_me

I am so sorry, user. I'm afraid we can't let you do that. You need to hit Elite exploration before 2.3 The Daddening Patch hits.

paddle home swiftly little boi

Not until you git gud and learn how to park your ships, Plaxinig

How anally anguished do you have to be to namedrop like this

Literally who and why can't he park?

Who /carrack/ here? Is anyone else made they've worked on the Endeavor but not the carrack?

>0G shenanigans are always hilarious and fresh
>cig designs maps with almost no reason to ever be caught in 0g
>makes aiming a gun in 0g nigh impossible

Go to bed, Plax.

Some guy whining about how parking an imperial cutter was too hard and then throwing an autistic fit when he got called on it.

>why can't he park?

He needs to git gud

>I know who's who on anonymous jpeg board

try harder.

Finland :DDDD

>Go to bed, Plax.

>Go to bed, Plax.

>Go to bed, Plax.

>Go to bed, Plax.

>Totally not rump ravaged

>if I keep posting about my internet crush, he will notice me eventually.

Passenger missions still the fastest way to rank to in Explorer rank? If so how exactly?

>autism

Don't reply user

Eh, it's kinda fun and it keeps the thread alive.

>inb4 it's the same person

post carracks

Is it ingame yet?

fucking never

Where is this from?

Elite Dangerous.

Shrek 3

Battletoads.

Superman 64

Spyro 2.

Rayman: Origins

>bucanner
>freelancer max
thinking about using the freelancer as a explore and repurchasing my LTI hull B.
You'll eventually make a new character and get full early game experience if the game is any good.

Donkey Kong Country

Is there anything else in the game with the ayys other than that cutscene, UAs, UPs, crashed ships and ruins?

Okay /edg/lords which Federation ship below Corvette is best? I want a funship but I don't know which one to grind for.

You do realise that it's named funship for a reason?

Yeah gunship but are the other two worth grinding for?

Dropshit is mad hull tank dakka platform
Sexual assault ship is vulture but tankier

Yes they are all worth getting.

Do you happen to have a build for the three you could share? I want to know what to work towards and how much to save up.