Hey guys, I had a 370z, it got totaled in a hit and run and now I'm looking for something else...

Hey guys, I had a 370z, it got totaled in a hit and run and now I'm looking for something else. I found this c5 that the guy is selling for a decent price. Thoughts? Other cars I should look at for under 15k?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

ZEEOHHSIXvette.com/forums/f4/death-my-ls6-2002-z06-valve-keeper-failure-engine-destroyed-88039/
blog.caranddriver.com/2001-04-chevrolet-corvette-z06-how-has-the-c5-version-of-the-z06-held-up-econo-exotics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump?

would really like to hear from guys with c5's with common problems, costs.

It's got a very shitty interior. But they are okay. You're gonna be sad you didn't get the z06

My dad has one.
They're slow and everything rattles.
What you can build it into is incredible though.

link to ad?

the 5.7/6.0 manual is unkillable

fix your pop-ups

Get the Z06 if you can. It's definitely worth it. As many others have said, the interior is very bland. Other than that, if well maintained it will last for eternity. The LS engines are practically bullet proof. C5s and C6s rarely have issues.

This. Snagged a Z06 and I'm already getting the pop up issue, thinking it might be the multifunction lever.

Will probably swap out the seats, and wheel, and then put in a double d head unit.

for a z06 i would have to spend at least 20k, and I really don't want to spend over 15.

If the popups give me issues, I will replace them with some classy fixed lights.

How did you like the 370Z?

It has a bullet proof drivetrain and has more "smaller" problems like mentioned above like headlights ect. Don't fall for the zo6 meme valves usually drop after 40k or less and destroy the engine. if you want z06 speed you can always do a full bolt on upgrade later on.

ZEEOHHSIXvette.com/forums/f4/death-my-ls6-2002-z06-valve-keeper-failure-engine-destroyed-88039/ Btw if it aint obvious replace the letters heres a poor guy with the zo6 plague

I heard you'll need an oil cooler for the 370Z.

A LS2 c6 are like $22k now too.

if you dont rev it too much and keep it, the engine is bullet proof*

>not rev it too much
>LS1

says someone who has never owned a gm V8 kek

relined daily or buy a different car

The ls1 is bullet proof and we were talking about the ls6 you dumb nigger

have known boomers that have kept their c5 for moe than 250k miles

Ls6 is a hopped up ls1

didn't they fix the valve issue for the 2004 MY?

Not too terribly sure bout that one it's possible but i know even the c6 zo6 dropped valves quite often too

With alot of fucking diffrences lol

nvm. found it.

"With 2002 and 2003 models, cast a wary eye on the valve springs: Changes aimed at increasing power by lightening the valvetrain resulted in a few catastrophic engine failures attributable to broken valve springs. The issue was resolved by 2004."

blog.caranddriver.com/2001-04-chevrolet-corvette-z06-how-has-the-c5-version-of-the-z06-held-up-econo-exotics/

And still inferior to the ls2

I really loved it, it figuratively killed me when it was totaled.

Replace the plastic pop up headlight gears with brass ones ~$100 for a kit and ~3 hours start to finish. They'll never break again. You'll probably need to add a better sound system because the Bose system is flat. Check to make sure the battery den is free of acid leaks/stains. The factory batter had a leak issue. Check for recalls. I love mine.

Fixed lights under $600 make the car look like a frog.