Has the stereotype of who drives a particular car ever made you shy away from buying it?

Has the stereotype of who drives a particular car ever made you shy away from buying it?

I've been looking at upgrading for a while now, and the Lexus IS seems to be the best bang for the buck (relatively inexpensive, lots in stock, good performance, incredibly reliable).
But Lexus has such a reputation of being the boring old person's car that it's really making me reconsider it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-2XNi9YP8eM
youtube.com/watch?v=JSaseT8Lc9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

definitely

Wouldn't buy a miata because of the women's car, hair stylists car, gay man's car

The new Lexus IS 350 is pretty distant in regards to the old people stigma. IS series are mostly driven by younger folks with the GS and LS driven by old people

Lexus is that boring uptight nerd who learned to lift weights and go to some parties on the weekends.

Definitely shedding it's "grandpa golf cart" stigma.

I used to own the ultimate Asian parent-mobile, the ES350. Looking to get an IS Tree Fiddy as well, it simply is the best "compact sporty luxXxe sedan" value.

i'd probably buy a toyota SF-R if it ever comes out, only to change my mind at the last second because it'll probably be a car that's gayer than the Miata.

i do want a small car that isn't a hatchback though

Nope, cuz I'm not a faggot that lets memes dictate my life.

only women buy IS250s

IS350 owner pool is the same as the G35. Faggy stancelords

this is the only correct answer

I would absolutely pounce on a Crown Vic if they weren't cop cars/douchebags who want people to think they're cops cars.

Not really a big deal though tbqh, my Town Car satiates a lot of the same urges that the Crown Vic would without making me look like a retard.

put 35k miles on my is350 in 2 years.

I love it.. kinda want to more to a 2012+ ISF or a LS600H

Ive got 1up on you, 2004 es330.

I literally bought it from an 70/80 tear old couple.

But damn if it isnt a comfy DD

>tfw I have an IS350 and wanna contribute to this thread but it's 2am and I literally can't keep my eyes open anymore
In the morning, my fren

What's your price range? I assume by the picture you're looking to go 2014+ ???

While I do think most women will opt for the 250, I have actually seen a fair mix of males and females driving these. One time spotted this bearded frat bro driving one at the gas station. Polo shirt, cargo shorts, Oakleys, flip-flops, the whole deal...

It's pretty rare that I see other 350's on the road. Only seen one IS F in person.

>Has the stereotype of who drives a particular car ever made you shy away from buying it?
yes. BMW, AUDI and mercedes. Doesn't help that they are practically THE CHEAPEST cars you can buy here.

>Wouldn't buy a miata because of the women's car, hair stylists car, gay man's car
lmao what a fag.
A real man drives what he wants and doesn't secretly look at other mens packages thinking what they taste like while driving their matte black lifted brotruck

The IS350 is nice, but the problem is that they've had it around for so long without making any valuable changes.

>still uses the 2GR-FSE from 2006, no FI to increase horsepower from 306 to at least 350+
>no LSD

Like, the car pretty much hits all the good stuff on the way down the tree. Good suspension setup (even better with the F-Sport package), good handling, comfy for big and tall, etc... but it has so much more potential that Lexus just seems to ignore.

>37k for a 2L 4banger
>reasonable
Hey I'll sell you my 3.6l v6 accord with 40 more horsepower for 25k

F I S H
G R I L L E

Yeah, I wanted a miata but I heard only gays drive it so I looked up YouTube videos of people who own one and well they happen to either be gay or in the closet

>The IS350 is nice, but the problem is that they've had it around for so long without making any valuable changes
This is why I won't upgrade from my 2007. Ugly predator grill and actually a bit slower because it literally uses a decade-old engine. Shame because I really like the new interiors.

>comfy for big and tall
Maybe the newer ones, but my 2IS is cramped as fuck. Head brushes the ceiling and I'm only 5'10"

The contrasting stereotypes associated with an old beater Chevy truck or an Si hatchback didn't stop me.

>2012+ ISF
Did they do any noteworthy changes for this year? I know that 2011 had some big upgrades with things like ride quality and steering feel.

probably me at the gas station

Really? I have the '06 model and it looks fantastic (much better than the newer ones), but cramped? From the driving position I have tons of leg room, and minus the one inch head space, otherwise good.

honestly I like the IS F but the problem is that even with a V8, it still only gets, what, 400HP? That and it is much heavier. If they managed to keep the weight down to 3700-3800 then that would be fantastic, but at that point they might as well have gotten a V6 they could turbocharge to get the gains they wanted.

The IS350 went from a 3-series killer to... well, a former 3-series killer, while the IS F eventually got passed over by the M3 it was supposed to compete against. Lexus had it right in the mid to late 00's, but then they dropped the ball.

i want to buy a push bike but i hate cyclefags so much i'll just stick to motorbikes and skateboards

He literally said nothing about it looking bad or being cramped. His criticism was that they refuse to update the engine.

I want a Miata, but I don't exclusively fuck men.

The IS has never been an old person car. Idk about most people, but I usually stereotype people by the specific model, not entire brands if the brand has a lot of variation.

How bad is your current car if you consider the IS an upgrade?

I think the biggest selling point for the IS F though is Lexus reliability. People who buy it are willing to accept lesser performance numbers for a car that "just fucking works" and can still have plenty of fun with.

>Maybe the newer ones, but my 2IS is cramped as fuck. Head brushes the ceiling and I'm only 5'10"

I was the one who responded to him. This is what he said: "Maybe the newer ones, but my 2IS is cramped as fuck. Head brushes the ceiling and I'm only 5'10""

I also criticized the engine, but I am 6'4 and I fit comfortably in it, no head grazing the ceiling.

True, and it is damn reliable. The only complaints the 06+ 350 models and higher had were electronic gremlins and dashboard problems. The cars are solid otherwise.

Those newer F-Sport wheels actually look pretty good on a 2IS. Interesting.

If you have given up Lexus is perfect for you.

> boring uptight nerd who learned to lift weights and go to some parties on the weekends

honestly this is the best way of describing lexus

Except you didn't respond to me, you quoted this guy

>I am 6'4 and I fit comfortably in it, no head grazing the ceiling
There's no way this is true. Is your height 70% legs or something?

>dashboard problems
Currently waiting on my replacement. In the meantime, I'm staring at three long vertical cracks that stretch all the way up to the windshield.

Nope. 6'4", fit, and I have both long legs and torso. I also sit with the seat all the way upright (no recline) and I put the seat all the way back. Granted, theres about an inch of head space and I have bumped my head, but otherwise I'm good.

If they took the sunroof away it would be better Im sure.

I pretty much gave up on the dashboard thing, but is the replacement necessary, or aesthetic?

>If they took the sunroof away it would be better Im sure
Apparently sunroof delete became an option in 2007. I've never seen one though. Must be rare.

>I pretty much gave up on the dashboard thing
Why? Just go to the dealer and have them check it out. I think the deadline is sometime in May.

>is the replacement necessary, or aesthetic?
If you don't plan on keeping the car forever... It will fuck the resale value.

Pls delet this

Pls delete your father's cock from my asshole

Damn, I will take it to the dealer then. I plan to keep the car till it dies, but still, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah. They will inspect your dash and most likely order the part(s) for you. After that I would check in on them maybe once a month to see where you're at on the waiting list. Some people have been waiting for like two fucking years.

>Lexus has such a reputation of being the boring old person's car

really? I associate it more with black people and asians.

I would say more Asian. Black people are all about Nissan/Infiniti.

Any mods? I recently installed F-Sport sways and intake. Exhaust is up next. Can't wait.

Ford Mustang.

>BMW drivers

no plans for performance mods, it's a 250 6spd, kind of pointless.

just going to clean it up with new headlights, repaint some of the black trim pieces, and take care of it.

its at 150k, doing the water pump, radiator, and brake pads soon.

Rover managed to survive somehow 20 years facing this exact stigma

Tbh buy the lexus, they're good cars, nobody gives a shit

I have the v2 f sport exhaust. It drones but it sounds great in the powerband and I get a lot of compliments

If you care about handling at all get coilovers and sways. The stock suspension is floppy and has lots of roll

anyone in this thread who didnt buy a car because they were afraid of being called gay is gay and only fooling themself if they say they arnt

>Only seen one IS F in person
OP here.
There's a 2014 IS F for sale here.
They want $30k for it.

It's the same dealer where I bought my current car, so I know for a fact they would go much lower.

>it's a 250 6spd
How is that transmission? I heard it's pulled straight out of a Tacoma.

>just going to clean it up with new headlights
Yeah, mine are super cloudy. Buffed and it didn't help that much. Hoping I can find some clean OEM's on eBay or something. Also my weather stripping is fucked. Previous owner must have parked outside.

Pretty much this. But if you buy a Lexus you're unequivocally gay.

>I have the v2 f sport exhaust
Were there three versions? I think I'll be getting the latest... The one with the F-Sport logo on it?

>If you care about handling at all get coilovers and sways
Actually already installed the sways. Thought about coilovers, but I've never done it and not sure if it'll ruin the ride quality as a daily. It's a shame Lexus' F-Sport lowering springs are progressive. Fuck that.

>The stock suspension is floppy and has lots of roll
Lol I noticed. Sways helped a little, but still disappointing considering the car is advertised as a sport sedan. Not sure if I wanna fuck with the suspension...

Wow, that's really low for a 2014 IS F. Must have a lot of miles.

How gay tho? Like, "I blew my friend once in 6th grade and never did it again but still think about it sometimes" gay? Or, "I frequently crank my penis with a zucchini in my ass" gay?

Please clarify.

>how is that transmission?
it's like they pulled it out of Tacoma lol. Can be finicky/moody and not very smooth. it's massive and bulletproof.

theres only 2 versions, the one with the logo is the v2, which sounds like this youtube.com/watch?v=-2XNi9YP8eM

I've heard BC Racing coilovers get rid of the floppiness while keeping 90% of the stock ride comfyness. I haven't gotten them yet because my apartment building has a really steep ramp.

can I come in?

Have you heard it with the Invidia mid pipe? Pretty obnoxious lol
youtube.com/watch?v=JSaseT8Lc9s

>BC Racing coilovers
People recommend these around ClubLexus but I would have no idea what specifications to order them with. Can I just adjust it later? I'm really clueless about coilovers...

Is that your cum slave in the passenger seat?

Sounds like you embody the Lexus customer base you deride. Get the Lexus, you'll enjoy it. If you get a spicy and emotional vehicle, you'll just end up complaining every time your ass burns

all the offspring of those ultimate asian parents are having the same thought as you

There really is nothing wrong with the 3.5L V6.

It could make 320hp on paper to look more competitive, but nobody would be able to tell.

That motor needs a better transmission (or a manual) to sing. Very underrated motor that sucks when toyota shifts it for you.
The 2.5l is lame. The new 2.0t is even worse.

Of course I drive a 3uz-fe so it all seems off to me.

>There really is nothing wrong with the 3.5L V6
The engine itself? Sure. It's a fine engine.

My issue is that when paired with the 3IS, it's actually slower than the 2IS it replaces. I don't want to upgrade to a slower car.

So I guess Lexus is giving all their cars the F-Sport treatment now? Is it just stiffer suspension or something?

Hey, one more question about the exhaust.

How big is the box it comes in? I'll be having it installed at a local shop, so should I just ship it directly to them, or will I be able to fit it all in my trunk?
>inb4 just install it yourself

I think it fit in my backseat. I didn't do the install myself either cause I have no room or tools. My guys only charged me an hour.

I know some guys with the invidia setup, its way too much they get noise tickets all the time. Just the v2 f sport puts you in "that guy" territory. Sounds p.good tho

I have a 15 350 F sport. And it's a lot of fun to drive. Go buy it OP.

Almost didn't buy my Integra because "le ricers are bad xD"

Now I have about $700 sunk into the paint alone.

How many times has it been stolen?

Surprisingly 0, since I live in an upper-middle class neighborhood.

I should just close my eyes and hand over my money for a Honda Element. But it looks like a mail delivery system that failed a government contract.

> ctrl F
> audi
Came here to say this.