/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
TV Commercial: youtube.com/watch?v=uz33yhYo-pU
Athena's Armor Set Search for Generations now supports female previews!

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

first for /everything/ master race

tfw hammer masterest

Where's the XX leak? I'm almost done with BotW dammit!

in your dreams maybe!

>New game releases
>Play through it
>Question whether I enjoy MonHun any longer

I think I'm just searching for the nostalgia and enjoyment I had with the series 13 years ago.

Anybody else? I feel each new MonHun just gets further and further away from what it once was.

____

Jesus that nigga must be OP as shit.

I approve this OP

Did the rider become the monster

I've been replaying 4U over the past few days and having lots of fun doing so. The thought of going back to Gen makes me sick though. I'll give XX a chance but I'm not going to keep going if I'm not having any fun. What I'm saying is maybe you're just burnt and need to play something else for a while or maybe it's just that Generations is the worst monhun ever released and you should wait for 5.

It only lasted for a few moments but while he held all those rings he was soloing several Guardians of the Universe at once.

yes, the rider became the ridden

>Standing a good few steps away from Narga when he does the tail slam
>Get hit by magical shockwaves invisible shockwaves

Nothing triggers me more than broken bullshit hitboxes.

He became... the Deviant Rathalos

Lately I haven't played MonHun exclusively.

Back in the days of FU/Tri, I'd play nothing but MonHun, and sink hundreds of hours in over the course of the games life.

I don't play long enough to get burned out, honestly. I reach X HR, grind out the highest tier quests, and seem to fizz out and quit.

I put Gen down months ago, and only just picked it back up. I have to say though, XX looks enticing, mostly because of G rank and two new styles.

I do want MH 5 though, I don't think spin-offs are healthy for a franchise if they take control.

I rather they relegate their taint to spinoffs than to shit up the main series. You're looking at a monkey paw, user.

I don't object to spin-offs.

I'm under the assumption Gen was their playground to test new things, rather than changing the main series entirely.

Not sure how feasible that is, so I may be naive about that, but I'd rather they keep two series to satisfy both fan-bases too.

I just don't want them to mould everything together, and shit out Frontier-esque shit.

>magical shockwaves invisible shockwaves

Fuck you, I'm tired and I should be sleeping, but I want to finish this Narga GS.

So what exactly got nerfed about the DB in XX and how hard?

I believe arch demon mode looses its attack boost

It's "Nerfed"
Archdemon lost the attack boost but now you can spin from 0 in demon mode. This along with striker actually makes it slightly stronger as long as you're using dash juice.

Why did they think it was a good idea to give you 1 specific hyper monster part per hunt when you need dozens to finish your gear?

archdemon lost attack boost in X, spin2win for adept and adept dodge attack got nerfed in XX

Depends on the quest, some may be more generous but yes it gets annoying. Especially when you need something like four pieces, the first three runs end up giving you one piece each and then the fourth rewards you three.

Doesn't each Hyper Silver Rathalos quest only grant one of his hyper pieces?

X's endgame was designed to waste as much time as possible

How do I avoid falling asleep while working towards the hayabusa feather

A XX leak isn't going to happen today is it? I'm going back to using the Goron cannon thing and getting to the next shrine. See you in 10 days /mhg/!

I dislike that you can only get hyper parts from quest rewards but not from the hyper monster you just killed.

just hack it in :^)

>nerf
>buff

Why are Capcom gutting almost every other weapon per iteration?

First it's GL, now it's DB... can't they just fucking balance the game? It's PvE, why are they always making one weapon the disputed king.

Miss us yet?

Get the metriod lbg for rf dazzling fun and turn on the infinite ammo, items, gathering and the 3x speed and no item dropping cheats. You'll get it in no time. And it'll be legitimate unlike if you just save edited it in.

>it's PvE

You said it, nobody cares about balance, the monsters all die super fast anyway

DB was too strong in X, it deserves to be nerfed.

>hunt alone
>take 120 pierce 1 to kill dreadking rathalos
>hunt with randoms
>it still takes 120 pierce 1 to kill rathalos but its hard to aim because he keeps running everywhere

Why do I play with other players again?

reminder that striker lance charge finisher only got a 3 mv nerf and remains unchanged otherwise

to have """fun"""

Why would it leak today? Try Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Not him, but I'm new to CFW.

If and when it does leak, how would I access it? Posted here?

Is X your first monhun?

>3 mv nerf
The fucks the point of such a minor downgrade?

>Freeshop
>3DSiso
>Some ad ridden website that still has legit links
>Veeky Forums
Pick one.

>played 3U, 4U and now X.

>never hunted a Plesioth before, heard the jokes but comeon its just a big fish.

I had no fucking idea, none, what madman allowed this to happen.

>played 3U
>didn't hunt plesioth

well I didn't play it long, it was my first so when I beat the sea-whale I just sort of stopped.

It gets easier. All of his moves are cake to dodge... But the hip check.

This one is a hell you must go through before you master it.

I mean, i'm no slouch, but yea, its the hip check, there just isn't any time man, there just isn't any fucking time, you simply must know before he ever starts the animation or play with a weapon that allows the hipcheck to be avoided.

I was using Switch Axe, so I just ate it.

>having trouble with plesioth
???????????
I mean it was hard in FU because of the hitbox but after that he became free zennies

If you're under his legs, it's as easy as walking out from under him.
If you're not, you're probably too far to get hit by it anyway.
If for whatever reason you have to evade, the attack is fast enough that standard i-frames are usually good enough if you dodge into it.

How early are we expecting it? And how long do translations usually take?

Are they ever edited after release?

the hitbox hasn't really been fixed in any real way, its just not AS ranged.

>gen 2
>hip check hits you from anywhere
>gen 3
>you can stand in his leg and not get hit

I'm pretty sure they removed the hitbox and just made his model "active"
I think they did the same with the tigrex charge

Go back to 3U, you'll be amazed when you fight him underwater for the first time

The tailwhip is still more dangerous than the hipcheck

Literally one of the easiest attacks to dodge in the franchise.

untrue, I've been "shot" by it just last night.

Is the c-stick mod recommended?

A lot of people like it better, but personally I think it's way too sensitive. Accidentally nudging it will fuck your camera up and I'm used to the nub.

Can't you turn down the sensitivity of the camera in game to fix that?

I was also thinking of modding the nub.

Is it true that SnS DPS falls off lategame and requires Element Atk+2 sets for each element to keep to stay in mid-tier?

You can never "fix" it, the issue isn't the camera sensitivity, the issue is accidentally tapping the camera will nudge it no matter your sensitivity. It may not mess with you, but it sure bothers the fuck out of me.

3dsiso since it will be a store leak. English patch usually is done within 2 days.

Some of you are okay, don't go online with the leaked copy before XX is officially released in nipland.

So Brave hammer sucks right? It's so slow and how the hell can you play hammer without golf swing?

They could have just let use golfswing from stance but I guess, noses gonna itchy

I'm reserving judgement until we see how the new hammer HA works. As it is, it seems like it was made for Brave style.

Anyone?

We'll see but I don't see how it could fix the problems with the style. I'm gonna guess the order is gonna stay the same G>Ar>Ad>B/S

With how comparatively strong Hellblade SnS is against most elemental options, no.

Well, if it's KO phials on all charge attacks, lockdown from KO/exhaust could contribute a lot to free damage.
If they actually do damage, losing the golf swing won't be an issue at all.

Knowing Capcom, though, it'd just be something like Lion's Maw where it only adds the effect to your next hit.

Are deviants gunner weapons good?
Which ones?

But you can still use that HA with the other styles so they'll get the same damage boost

Ok, guess I'll keep checking 3dsiso, thanks.

And that's pretty fast. Do they ever bring out updates though got is the translation usually thorough enough?

Narga LBG.

I've run out of shit to do so I figured I'd throw together an alatreon bow set for whenever someone posts a dread.

Pierce Up
Trueshot Up
Ammo Saver
Dragon Atk+2
Element Atk Up
Charm is Ammo Saver+4, Dragon Atk+13 with 3 slots.

Gonna need 3 skypiercers to make the Escadora Sagesse R helmet to finish the set, plus more to upgrade the bow. I haven't bothered with farming alatreon in this game, how much of a pain in the ass is it to get the skypiercers in solo farming? I'd just do it by subquest.

You can, but what I was getting at was that Brave Hammer does nothing but charge attacks and a buff to charge attacks would buff the style considerably more than the others, unless the charge combo would still be unable to beat golfswings.

You can break the horns within a minute. Takes maybe ten shots.

I see what you're saying but I really don't even care for the brave charge attacks they just seem so slow.

Maybe I can throw together a rapid fire crag shot with partbreaker set to trivialize that.

How gunners--specifically LBG users--handle multi-monster hunts with different elemental weaknesses?

What about HBG?

Raw.

It only sieges slicing.

I use whatever would be the most effective element and focus my raw shots on the outcast

>rushing new save file to be in time for MHXX
>rolling SA because it's my favorite weapon
>everything dies
>make Steve SA
>it's literally the last SA I need to make until endgame
>it's level 3, better than anything else I can have, and still doesn't need any rare materials

Now I remember why I thought MHGen was shit, there is literally no grind/challenge at all until endgame when you're farming Ember Dino Powders.

>Aerial LBG

How does this thing even work? Should I just use it defensively? Then adept is just superior. Should I be super aggressive and unloading into the monster every waking second with it? It just seems weird. This is just a style I've never got.

It's just a byproduct style. No reason to use it.

Shotgun style nigguh.

just beat the kushala daora in mh4u and got the end credits shit, what do I do now?

Do G Rank

Grinding is never part of challenge, it's just a timesink. Gen is not challenging because everyone gets G rank defense in a high rank game.

G rank is only in guild right?

You have to go through Valhabar Hall first before you get to G-Rank

yes but it also unlocks a few quest lines for village too

This makes me curiously worried about X-Rank defense

But it kind of is though, there's no reason to play MH unless you have something to grind for. It's just empty when all you do is kill shit, it gets boring after awhile.