/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't know the bracelets were the gimmicks:
>/dsg/ tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight : sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu article: famitsu.com/news/201703/07128457.html

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

1drv.ms/u/s!AuVC3o0MRQoHmw7x7HW_zMaqCMAc
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/eNvRAh7
forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=603323
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls
darksouls3.wikidot.com/online
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn.

>thorn armor
>you can't get thorn armor until AFTER wolnir

fuck I am so triggered

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

If you finish off Crimson Bat, then Demon from Below summons those floating orbs that shoot fireballs at you, while also throwing his own fireballs at you. All of which leave lava pools for you to step in as he also uses melee attacks. That's a lot of shit to dodge.

If you turn your attention to Demon from Below and kill him from full health, then Crimson Bat has the mouth beam attack, and he has to stop whatever he's doing to use it. Only one thing to keep your attention on.

Basically, the equation comes down to, when do you want to experience your pain? In the first phase where you have to deal 150% of the boss's health as damage, or the second phase where you have almost no opportunities to attack the boss?

Has anyone crunched the numbers on how much VIG it takes to survive the majula pit drop at 0 equipment load? Maybe with and without fall damage reducing stuff?

>Thorn armor is obtained in Cathedral of the Deep
>After Wolnir
Wot? Explain.

The fuck? You get the thorn armour from killing Kirk in the CotD.

?
You can get it before AW I thought

Most linear RPGs have a story, actual dialogue, etc.
It doesn't work when you are making a game with a barebones story, barely no dialogue and a lot of options out of which you will end up using a few of them.
There are a lot of game that suffer from this.
>"Hey guys check out you have so many options and stuff to do but you will do it always over the same levels and it will prove how useless it is to ever walk off the meta way."

Seriously, most weapons in DS3 are utter shit I tell you what.
And even WHOLE FUCKING CLASSES of weapons are virtually unplayable like whips and daggers while others like straight swords dominate even while using the shitties out of the archetype.

If you want to make a linear RPG then add actual story and character interaction but don't sell us a "le every run is different" game with a few NPCs that add nothing to the story and call it a day.

a primordial serpent visited the heavenly daughter Gertrude as an angel and taught her divine pillars of light, which became the foundation of the angelic religion within the kingdom. this religion led to the coup within the kingdom that culminated in the prince refusing to link the flame.

divine "angel" motif can be found from:

1. statue of primordial serpent
2. Gertrude cage
3. lothric boss room
4. winged knights (including painting)
5. oceiros' wings
6. divine pillar of light effect
7. rosaria man-grub divine magic & effect
8. ringed city angel magic & effect

there is a very secure link between the "divine" religion and the way of white, thanks to rosaria's fingers.

the founder of rosaria's fingers was klimt, an archdeacon of the cathedral of the deep. Klimt found rosaria, and chose to worship her as a goddess, relinquishing his saint's bident and making his sacred seal the symbol of his covenant. rosaria's maggots, as a result, wield staves bearing his sacred seal and cast divine magic depicting the saint's bident.

now why is an archdeacon of the cathedral of the deep using a saint's bident, and teaching divine magic? It goes back to the fact that Aldrich was originally a cleric, of the way of white. He developed a penchant for devouring people, which led to a religious following that splintered into its own cult, culminating with the cathedral of the deep. the cathedral is a perversion of the way of white, using their religious artifacts and caste (Klimt), and embracing sorcery over miracles (Archdeacon McDonnell). this all led to the divine bident magic that klimt gave to the man-grubs.

from here all we have to do is compare the angelic motif of the way of white man-grub magic, the serpent divine miracle, and the angels of the dreg heap. they are the same.

the way of white is, in some way, tied to the primordial serpents, and the angelic, curse-inflicting beings protecting the pilgrim abominations.

allfather lloyd is a primordial serpent

>invade at post-Pontiff
>around 30% of the time it's ad-hoc FC's and I can't gun for the host without attracting the ire of all the "attendees"
Fuck, can't these people just do this shit on High Wall or something? I need my Sunbro medals.

So, why have the CE table links all died, and when will they be replaced? Does anyone have working links?

Around 1250 HP is enough. The amount of VIG varies as HP can be increased by other means too.

>I need my Sunbro medals.
>not co-oping

>Invading for sunlight medals
Just chuck your white summon outside whatever boss you beat last

I don't like co-oping with people outside of /dsg/, and I've only gotten around 5-6 of my medals from doing so.

>I don't like co-oping with people outside of /dsg/

Are...are you actually autistic?

>I'm too much of a massive faggot to spend 3 minutes with people who don't frequent a Vietnamese crocheting forum

Lieterally just put your summon outside a boss. You'll get the occasional sperg who'll die immediately, but it's way easier and more consistent than invading

The CE forums nuked their entire table section without warning.

New tables likely never.

They do do it on High Wall. I'm trying to do low invasions on High Wall and it fucking sucks.

Need the table?

1drv.ms/u/s!AuVC3o0MRQoHmw7x7HW_zMaqCMAc

Huh wait what?
What's the story?

Do we know why?

THIS GAME

>capa preta
>no concord

HUEHUEHUE

Why is the bastard sword so good?

Some faggot brony admin got buttmad and afraid of the NSA thinking that tampering with games is illegal so he nuked the section and demanded that all tables be hosted offsite on places like github.

So new DaS3 tables may still exist, but good luck ever finding them, or using them even if you do if you don't know how to compile raw text into a useable table.

i dont get it
explain please

I got him back though

If the host kills an invader just as you spawn in as a blue phantom, you won't get a concord and will be immediately sent back to your world. It's super gay and a waste of time. It's even more fucked when you realize that DS1 actually gave you covenant rewards if you happened to spawn in just as an invader/host died.

COME ONE COME ALL

In just three weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.

Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.
Sign-up sheet is here:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one Steam IDs will be organized via that channel and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Ancient Dragon Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disincentive passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

Requirements to join: Discord and/or Steam ID for organization purposes.

discord.gg/eNvRAh7 - Discord invite.

Looking for a new build for dark souls 1 , give me your favorite one , please

Why would people make such guy an admin in first place?

DEUS VULT Build

>Whatever heavy armor you want.
>A fucking GS or UGS that can be buffed.
>STR-VIT-END-FAITH
>WRATH OF THE FUCKING GODS, TRANQUIL WALK OF PEACE AND SUNLIGHT BLADE AS SPELLS

>Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole and Fire Surge are banned.
why?

THose weapons offend the discord circlejerk feefees

So how many /dsg/ discord regulars have already signed up? I ask so I can know whether or not I should expect circlejerk shittery

Sounds fun , but what ugs and gs are pure strength that fit the theme?

I'm not going to duel to entertain this "discord" clique.

Literally this or Claymore.

I'm on mobile and therefore have no suitable reaction image to express my incoherent rage.

>claymore
>over 100 less ar from not getting any dex

That's dumb. You're dumb.

Claymore is C/C and therefore Quality, not strength.
It won't matter when it's buffed though.

Honestly was hoping for something else , but thanks for the build , purge heretics / 10

As said the claymore has a really good base damage and c str scalling, the bonus damage resulting from adding dex to the mix will be lower than the damage you'll have with sunlight blade.
The strenght of the claymore is its speed aswell as overall great moveset.
If you want raw damage on a quality weapon just go for the murakumo.

Fighting every boss with 3+ phantom summons, 20 estus flask +7 and 99 humanities is the only way to play the game

Love the kumo , but it doesn't seem "warrior bishop " like

You think you're mad now?

Read his post and then try to fucking breathe through how hard your teeth will be clenched

forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=603323

>tfw I bring my BKS and Estoc

But I'm trying a no summon challenge run

>Banning weapons and or spells

Literally why. Just laugh at the faggots who use equipment you deem poor. Also what the fuck is wrong with the flame spear?

I did that my first playthrough until I caved in and summoned for Manus because I just wanted to finish the game

You can always use Astora SS.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls the faith strength build , open to criticism

flame spear and pole are nearly unbeatable weapons in the right hands due to their extreme speed, range and ability to poke out every weapon in the game besides corvian scythe, which ouranges them a bit

I'm not even in that shitty discord but i can guarantee that if pole and flame spear weren't banned, it would be pole, flame spear, and yhorms only

Very true , but that makes sunlight blade useless

>tfw they will never add all the weapons and armor from old Souls games as DLC

Oh forgot that it couldn't be infused in das1.
Lemme check for a momment...
What about bastard sword?

Quality , only man serpent is a strength gs, demon great machete for ugs

Anyone wanna gank at pontiff Sulyn?

PC, PW dsg, up to 2 people; put sign outside of Sulyvan Boss fight.

Level 95~ or you might get gimped. I'll wait for 5 minutes

I like 45 Dex Pyro

Vicar builds?

>not a mace + lucerne

We're removing blues: do what you want.

>PCuck redditors actually trying gank shit in /dsg/ again
what happened to this place. fuck off and die of cancer

Dark Souls became a triple A game the fuck did you expect.

At demon ruins, 0 humanity

How rare is the drop from the taurus demons

That's fun , fury sword is top tier

>tfw no bandit greataxe
>tfw no sinner UGS
>tfw no old knight GS

>replying to peacock poster
Expect a nonsensical reply consisting of some combination of "kys," "pcuck," "pcancer," and/or "ps4thealphas"

I don't know if I'm ready for it to be over.

>duelfags pretending to be superior

This is non-stop 6 man invasion.

Just farm the rats in the Depths if you want Humanities. Either that or just go into Chasm of the Abyss.

oh look its this mad kid again
still pretending to have played bloodborne? neck yourself
>being so shit at pvp you have to gank
is that way cancer kill yourself

no i want the big demon great axe

>No mundane infusion
>No santier's spear
>No ice rapier
>No Twinblades
>No Loyce Greatsword
>No whip sword
>No good binoculars
>No fun

whatever you say, m8. I dont think its particularly unfair to have 3 on 2.

he always drops if you use only spells

Stop replying to the /v/irgin. He's just trying to start console wars, and you're helping him.

Shivia is your dude

redditard too pissy to actually direct quote, figures a cancer like you would be a PCuck that ganks
honestly neck yourself

Shiva sells it, but if you really want to farm, it's better to get some humanity first (hence the rats)

Well it kind of makes sense since a longsword would normally beat a dagger or a whip in irl combat.

And generally speaking I don't think a dagger or a whip will do against the abominations you fight in these games.

Sure you can attempt it and it would be very difficult but using a more standard weapon like a longsword would logically serve you better.

well, now that there effectively ISN'T a cheat table forum thanks to his "incredible foresight", they don't need him anymore, right?

i wonder if his retirement package will come with a pair of very heavy shoes and a complimentary cruise

Ganking is fun af

it's a video game, there's usually some sort of competitive balance to make weapons which would normally not be effective in real life somewhat effective because of their different mechanics and playstyle

Use red signs!

so what happens when you get outskilled by a single phantom two against one which will most likely happen? oh right youre a PCuck so theres cheaters too, whats the point?

So I just beat dragonslayer armor or whatever he's called at sl58 with a +8 weapon I think and I can't find summon signs anywhere. Am I lagging behind or what?

true, but some weapons are logically better than others

this isn't a street fighter type game where it would be logical to assume all the characters are balanced

in Souls games some weapons were always there just as flavor or to do a challenge run.

your soul level is too low for your weapon upgrade level, probably

Try 3 v 1 ;)

What's the summon range for weapon upgrades?

A little low atm

darksouls3.wikidot.com/online

If you're at the Grand Archives, you should be in the mid 80s. The hell have you been spending souls on? Did you skip part of the game?

generally +2 and -2, thought +10 can go down to +7 and vice versa and +5 goes from +3 to +8

>limitations don't apply when playing with a password
dope, thanks

>decide to do Return to Dranleic because I actually like Ds2
>put down summon sign for pursuer fight
>get summoned to world of some guy with a dank meme name
>does like 5 'get hyped' emotes
>finally drag him out of the bonfire room
>runs out doorway with the two pike/shield knights
>immediately stunlocked and killed within seconds
>facepalm emote and return home

Fucking hell. If you're going to summon, don't play like a retard.