Sup, Veeky Forums. Wanna preserve my cars beautiful paint so I've been looking into buying a car cover...

Sup, Veeky Forums. Wanna preserve my cars beautiful paint so I've been looking into buying a car cover, there's just one issue.

What should I look out for in buying one? I asked my neighbor who's very keen on keeping his cars covered and he told me he spent like 60 bucks on a 6 layer cover at an auto parts store.

I checked Ebay and saw 8 layer covers for $19. What gives?

Thanks in advance.

>Wanna preserve my cars beautiful paint
I assume you have already put a sealant on it, right? A cover works but without any type of sealant you're only going to get so much protection from just a cover. Also, find out what type of fabric is used on the inside of the cover. Some of the covers are made from extremely cheap material that can actually scratch your paint instead of protecting it.

thanks for the advice user! but what material would i want the inside to be?

your neighbor got memed hard by vatozone

Get a garage, pleb

hes a 67 year old man that lives in a tiny college town.

Can't store my car in my moms garage. Your life of garaged cars and chicken tendies is to die for user.

some covers will scratch the paint, dont get a cheap one. But at that price you might be better off getting one of those tent coverings, I'll try and find a picture

For the best protection make sure you seal and wax it

This

Oh, you're too poor to own a garage then don't buy a nice car

you are slowly going to scratch and weear down your paint every time you put the cover on and take it off

get a silk one, if they dont make silk car covers for your car then it isnt worth covering up

also if you want to keep it pristine just store it in a garage that has non lead based paint on the ceiling, lead based paint will over time let loose a particulate lead dust that will collect on the car, expecially if you store it for an entire season like i do

then you have to worry about wearing gloves when you clean it so you dont get that lead into your system

besides gloves do you also wear breathing protection?

so silk interior lining?

Its really not worth getting a cover silk lining or not, because if you drive it then park and cover it you will still be slowly scratching your paint due to the dust/dirt from the road that has accumulated on your car. Covers work best only if you immediately use it after washing

seeno i wash it outside or in a garage with the door open

Tbh I just need to protect my car against two things, the sun and cats...

Get a custom fit cover from covercraft.

they can fuck up the paint very easily

keep cats in a gated backyard or away from your car

If you're worried about sun just buy a bottle of Jetseal, or Butterwet wax from chemical guys. (Or something from a similar brand; CG is widely used tho and cheaper than AMMO.) They both protect against UVA and UVB. Butterwet wax won't last as long as Jetseal and will need to be reapplied every month (at max) or so. Jetseal lasts for a year and it is a paint sealant. Using them together increases protection too.

Ideally you should clay your car before you seal (if you dont the grime and road debris/overspray will be sealed in), and compound/polish it too if it needs it.

its not MY cat im worried about. it's the fucking disgusting old ladies' 900 cats living across the road

change the antifreeze in your car then pour it on your lot wherever the cats linger or frequently travel, they'll go straight for it since it smells and tastes sweet, then they'll disappear a while later

by lot, I mean yard property etc

i dunno man, it really isnt their fault and I don't want to kill the little bastards... I just want a quiet life with my beautiful car

wasnt exactly being serious, not sure what you can do aside from move or get a garage somehow

Can you buy a carport? You can find single car ones for like $200.

>I've been looking into buying a car cover
If the cover flops around in the wind, it will scratch the car up, so they should be removed for situations where you can't prevent it from flopping around.

if you see a car near your car light a pack of firecrackers and throw it near them

if you traumatize them they will fear you and your car

Lmao all i could imagine reading this was
>Kia Seoul pulls up next to my car
>Throw firecrackers at it

Have fun if a police officer sees you. That's animal cruelty.

t.leased automatic FRS