What does Veeky Forums think of the evo VII and VIII

what does Veeky Forums think of the evo VII and VIII

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-srPeEvm2k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

7 is the least loved of the whole series. 8 is probably the greatest and my favourite

meh. I'll take the IV, V, and VI over it.

I like these more than the Imprezas because they haven't been destroyed by the normies as much

there's incredibly high driver in this car

tall*

my english of much badness

Evo III is my favourite
>most raw
>least bloated
>looks badass and not overly ricey like the IV-VI

I'll get one to daily some day when my FD loses streetability.

This exactly. Especially a coupe conversion 4.5

I'll build one some day

The Evo is "perfect"
>sedan so insurance is lax
>can drive your friends around in it
>reasonably sized trunk space
>incredible amount of aftermarket support
>4g63 has made a ton of power from plenty of tuners
>awd works everywhere a subaru's does, only even better on tarmac
>torque vectoring in later models
>every evo has appealing body lines

wat why? I have always loved the VII

dat antilag tho

>sedan so insurance is lax
I miss being 16 where this was true in my fantasies

Because its the first model the U.S. got of the Evo. They tend to be fairly rare in comparison to the VIII/IX but most people have seen the last 3 models than the first 7.

Pic unrelated yet somehow related

Keked

If you want cheap insurance on a car like that you'll have to buy the regular shitbox version and swap everything over. Otherwise you're gonna get raped on insurance, and then you have to either tell them your sikk mawdz and face almost the same high insurance, or not tell them and don't wreck it since you'll only get the value of the shitbox version.

We got VIII, IX, and X. VII is least liked because it was pig fat compared to the previous gen. IX is most liked because of MI-VEC

These

Stupid fucking bus riders have never owned a car

>evo
The problem with these is that I wanted one in high school but couldn't afford one. Now that I'm older and can afford one, I don't want one because it looks like something a high schooler would drive.

I never saw an evo in highschool, only modded eclipses, civics and or the very rare supra

>I never saw an evo in highschool
Me neither, but kids still drooled over them because of movies like 2F2F and Tokyo drift. Both of which came out while I was in high school.

>by the time Evo 4s are legal to import I probably still wont be able to afford one

I stopped caring about evo when I realized that I will never find a unmolested on for a okish price but ye great cars

Monicaaaa

I could never own an Evo simply because I have no place to garage it. Street parking will get it stolen by Mexicans within 6 months of ownership.

been looking for an evo for a couple years now, all the 8s i come across are "list of mods" "8k+ in mods" "wont take anything less then 13k"

>Street parking will get it stolen by Mexicans within 6 months of ownership.
Try 6 days, buddy.

Here's a question though.
Would you consider converted Evos, like is popular in America due to import laws, to be proper Evos? And by converted, I don't just mean the body. I mean the 4G63T swap, the AWD conversion, etc.

This guy has been doing Youtube updates of his conversion to a Mirage Coupe to make an Evo 4 coupe, including welding in the AWD floor pan. Most recent update video was yesterday.
youtube.com/watch?v=1-srPeEvm2k

bump