/lozg/ The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

other timeline:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/PzYWN
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How did Hestu fit 900 Korok seeds in those tiny maracas?

How do I spawn more snowballs at the Hebra gate?

>link will never be with mipha
>mipha will never see her dad again or know she's seen as a hero
ITS JUST NOT FAIR

>I can't think of one design philosophy or convention in BotW that is like any other Zelda game
Well given the fact that you didn't play the game or even see the game be played, and know pretty much nothing about the game, it's only natural that you can't think of anything.

fish husband!

If I sell a piece of unique obtainable armor to a merchant, how do I get it back?

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

paya is best girl

How did Aonuma fit 900 Korok seeds in this tiny map?

start a new save file

I dont get why nintendo made his voice so erotic

Just beat Ganon. Love the game, I just wish you could continue after the final boss. But it puts a star by your file so... idk.

>Hype as fuck to get Dark Link after busting my ass on Lynels to get mon
>You can't upgrade the gear and its base 3 defense

Welp

That doesn't seem very well designed.

Back off, he's mine!

>stamina wheel has an upgrade limit
>dreams of near-infinite sprinting ruined

Lewd Husband!

>beat spìder cyborg ganon
>beat boar ganon
>expect humanoid ganon or malice dragon ganon or whatever
>zelda seals ganon in a light pokeball and credits roll
What? Is that all?

>Working to get cool looking gear instead of functional gear

You dummy

WHAT IS THE FUCKING TETRAFORCE

Is it "Sai-don," "see-don," or "sid-on?"

If I go loot the Hylian Shield early on, can I come back after a blood moon to fight for it again?

Sai-don

Because they just took off the 'Po' at the beginning

Likely the second.

It doesn't let you keep playing after you beat Ganon? Or do you mean it doesn't continue the story with Ganon defeated?

The ending was, genuinely, terrible. As godly as that boss fight was, the "secret" ending almost made me not want to play the game anymore.

Also, what did Zelda mean when she said Ganon was "giving up on reincarnation for power"? Did they break the cycle finally?

You can buy most uniques from a merchant in a certain town

>Power
>Wisdom
>Courage
>Purple

Do you get anything other than cool weapons drops from Colosseum Ruins?

I suppose it means BoTW is this timeline's equivalent Wind Waker.

>Never got Epona on my first scan of my SSB Link amiibo
>Heard you can still get it later
>Been spamming save loads until I get it

Am I doing it right

Poseidon

It's Sih-don since his name is derived from Sidonia.

When you beat the game it will bring you back to your save before the boss. Which I guess make sense. Without Ganon monsters wouldn't respawn and there wouldn't be a reason to play

Ganon became pure hate incarnate instead of trying to assume a physical form, he's now an entity close to his origins as Demise.

There is literally 1 thing that translates from the original LoZ1 and its the "heart requirement for getting a better sword".

Thats not a design philosophy, its a footnote. Its a "haha remember the first game" moment and its the only one short of the existence of lynels.

How do you know from just reading code?

>can't board lord of the mountain
>can't board deer
>can't board stalhorse
these stables sure are horsist

Perfect dick(s)-sucking height.

It was very lacking, imo.
I just spammed explosive arrows and master sword slashes on Ganon, then parried his lasers to remove his immunity.
Beast Ganon didn't even feel like an actual fight.
I expected a lot more use of the game's mechanics.

This might seem like an odd question, but has anyone seen any Humans/Hylians with 'Round Ears' ?

I've been looking at everyone's ears quite methodically, but haven't been able to find a round eared human.

This has always bothered me, because there is obviously some difference between humans and hylians but they're never even referred to as human.

She does,
She is with him always as a spirit.
When Link dies they will be together.

>Can't even board the bear

Why even include stables then

They constantly refer to hylians in TP and SS as humans.

>climb to the apex of Hyrule Castle
>oh boy there's gotta be some good shit up here
>a couple arrows and a korok

The stalhorse dies when sun comes up so it wouldn't really work either way.

I JUST CLIPPED THROUGH THE MAP

Maybe the DLC will bring her back? Hopefully.

i literally got kamina vibes the instant i met him

I wanted to board a lynel.

Can I use my PAL save file with an NTSC version of the game?

>climb a mountain
>there's a korok
>lift a rock
>there's a korok
>climb a tree
>there's a korok
>walk around in a forest
>there's a korok
>walk into ruins
>there's a korok
>walk across frozen wasteland
>there's a korok
Wherever I am, there is also korok.

Are you dumb? The original Zelda was all about exploration. It's one of the first open world games around. This is a massive expansion to that. This game is just less linear and less dependent on dungeons. I don't know what you mean by design philosophy, but if you're comparing "code", then you're retarded, because the nes operating system is so fucking far from anything we have today that nothing will translate. Besides, architectures, especially in gaming, have evolved immensely. I'm sure the first Zelda was all operating system specific procedural shit, while this game is heavily based on engines and probably some sort of object oriented structure.

You're a dummy, stop acting like you know anything.

Where the fuck do I find new gear? I got the climber set, Zora set and girly desert set, but I'm still wearing the champion shirt and hyrulean trousers for battle situations.

Shops sell garbage becuase I upgraded both of those.

do the labyrinths

Look around. Upgrade your gear at the great fairy

Go find all the secret shit that Nintendo hid, because these games always have shit that was cut but left in to some capacity.

I didn't know that from the code. I knw about the game man like shit i'm nt retarded and just read a bunch of gibberish in a pastebin to make my final judgement. I corroborated what was in the codedump to everything we were seeing and that was enough to know the codedump wasn't false. It had deprecated code for non-existent features, but there hasn't been anything in game more than what was discoverable from the code.

champion shirt is gonna remain the most defensive, you use other sets for their set bonus because once everything is upgraded they'll all be the same defense wise. You still got a few sets you can get at shops.

>can board Ganondorf's useless (can't gallop) giant horse which realistically would take up more resources than a deer
Might as well only have horses as mounts then

Reminder that Sidon is NOT for lewd.

>I know about the game
I feel like this is more akin to you reading the back of a book and reading the foreword and then assuming you know enough to denounce the book on merits of writing.

It's a kind of, "all hylians are humans, but not all humans are hylians."
Round-Eared humans specifically though are 'not' hylian and are not native to hyrule- they don't have the pointed ears that designates them as hylia's chosen people.

I just want to know or see if I can find any round eared humans in Breath of The Wild since that seems like just the sort of easter egg nintendo would put in their first open world game.

Beedle might have round ears.

So what is this Season Pass bonus outfit anyway?

where to get lots of hyrule bass

We need a drawfag to draw him as the inspirational japanese fisherman

Bullshit, he's a naked shark man. Sharks have two dicks.
Are we supposed to know that bit of information and NOT run with it?

Do gems or ore have any purpose or should I be selling them?

I've been doing a ton of shrines. 4 stam and 11 hearts so far.
Unless labyrinths are different things...

I've been looking. I feel retarded running around in starter gear

Bonus outfit? I thought it was just a Switch shirt?

i landed in a pool of water underneath the map and can swim around. i have a vid

is this what you want?
imgur.com/a/PzYWN

>horses are the only mounts you can keep
>can't make different outfit pieces different colors without removing everything except the one piece
>can't use a X piece of armor's appearance for a better piece that gameplay-wise just makes more sense to use
>your house has no furniture besides a bed, lighting, and weapon displays
>can't wear accessories at the same time as other headwear and vice versa

I appreciate the attempt at "customization", but with a game like this don't even bother if you're not going to succeed, Nintendo. Cockteasers.

At least the Sheikah Set looks kinda neat and has utility in the field, I guess.

Beedle isn't human. He travels at light speed, can go anywhere in the same clothes regardless of temperature and weather, and always carries around a huge backpack even though he only has like 20 arrows and a frog.

You make accessories with them or you turn them in for a quest. Diamonds remake Champion weapons if they break and are also quest items/accessories. Sell them if you need the money, they're easy to find.

I really appreciate how a a decent number of the sidequests are people sending you off on tasks they think are impossible so you'll stop bothering them.

But not matter what people always thank you profusely when you come through. Feels good.

Is it wrong of me to love the lore and world of these games because they feel like they don't take themselves that seriously? It feels like the developers just put whatever they want into the game and it has an overly positive effect and charm. There are rock people, fish aliens (the OoT Zora made me think they were aliens), bird people, Amazons, and so forth. Are there even any humans in this world or is Link technically a human despite looking like an elf? Yeah, I'm pretty new to the Zelda scene.

Now I want 100 more

You get furniture for your whole house, if you fully upgraded it, retard

>your house has no furniture besides a bed, lighting, and weapon displays
It gets more stuff like a table and chairs after you buy everything else

The bed in your house isn't even a comfy one that gives you extra stamina and bonus hearts.

No, Zelda's always been pretty silly, but that's not a bad thing at all

see >It's a kind of, "all hylians are humans, but not all humans are hylians."
>Round-Eared humans specifically though are 'not' hylian and are not native to hyrule- they don't have the pointed ears that designates them as hylia's chosen people.

>>can't use a X piece of armor's appearance for a better piece that gameplay-wise just makes more sense to use
what does this even mean?

You can have a house in this game?

>He didn't spend an extra 100 rupees on the soft bed

Is that what it is?
The description of the season pass says it'll spawn a new outfit.

No!! Sidon is pure. PURE!

You can get that? I haven't seen an option to upgrade it yet.

Yeah, for 3,000 rupees and 30 piles of wood. You can't really customize it, just upgrade it. It's only use it really having a free bed to sleep in.

>thinking homogenization is customization
Having different armor look different is fundamentally a good thing.

Also
>can't dye pieces different colors without dying them one piece at a time
Is a pretty damn weak point. You'd have a point if you couldn't do it at all, but this is just petty.

"free"

STOP LYING

It's just a Nintendo Switch logo on a red shirt that's by one of the shrines int eh Great Plateau.

it also starts a different quest chain that opens up a lot of items and unique shops.