>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2
>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18315/?
hammk.deviantart.com/art/power-armor-concept-594350955
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

B-B-B-B-B-BAZ-BAZIN-BA-B-B-BAZINGA

u ok user?

has there been any news in regards to the Lutana/JIP merge for FO:NV?

>3 tabs open in order to view the fallout related content on Veeky Forums
guys please

Begin again in the night
Let's sway again tonight
Your arm on my shoulder
Your cheek against mine
Where can we go
When will we find that we know

Where can we go
When will we find that we know
To let go
Begin, begin again tonight

Fucking right? Why the fuck do we keep splitting?

because /v/

literally.

what dream mod would you like to create/have created for you for any of the 3D Fallout releases?

I want more fauna in New Vegas/3 (TTW) akin to birds/fish that aren't purely combat foes, i.e. rattlesnakes and electro-beetles

I'm not sure if i would call it a dream mod, but i was just thinking that it's retarded that the Institute doesn't have their own power armor for synths or plasma weapons, or even something more obscene like teleport bullets or something.

I also don't know anything about bethesda modding.

an user was making a teleport mod where you could essentially use it as a recall-teleport, i.e. use it and run 100ft and then tele back to the use point, which seemed pretty cool

also, nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18315/?
is the Institute PA from the artwork that never made the game

they talk about starting R&D soon on plasma weapons on a terminal in the Institute, too

>they talk about starting R&D soon on plasma weapons on a terminal in the Institute, too

Fucking hack frauds and their waifu bots, no wonder their laser weapons are shit too.

That power armor is cool but apparently it doesn't actually add them to the Institute synths, so it triggers my autism.

it would be v. ez to add them into the level lists for Coursers or to simply equip them on every Courser would you so choose that route

this could be the perfect learning lesson for you to pick up xEdit and/or Creation Kit (I'd suggest xEdit purely for ease-of-use) as it's an incredibly simple feat.

>Courser in their standard affair (until pic)
>they throw down a synth-relay grenade
>calls in a synth leader wearing INST-PA w/ two/three regular synths as cannon fodder

neat as fuck, even if I think that their PA would have been intended for heavy lifting and the like as opposed to a combat variant, it would still be neat

I just noticed that the telephones are missing a cable to connect the handset. And, that I need to put something on those file cabinets.

Synths don't need PA, and Synth armor should not exist. The institute could just attach more/sturdier armor plates directly to the frame.

>Synths don't need PA
it's intimidating, for starters, it would also allow a unit to have similar tier strength to that of a Courser

They could, but Synths are infiltrators, which means it's more convenient for them to be able to simply put or remove their armor than it would be if bulky armor was part of them.

Same with the PA, they could just be bigger monster robots but then that robot can only be used as a combat unit, instead of being able to just get out of his PA. Of course if i remember right Coursers already only work as killing machines but then again if someone happens to stumble upon a courser he can still pretend to just be a dude, harder to do that if it's a giant robot.

>synths are infiltrator
m8, have you really seen the gen 1 and 2 synths? They can't infiltrate shit.

I'd at least like the Gen 1s in Diamond City (post-INST ending) to be wearing the PA, pretty much just as a "look at this shit, faggots" display to the wastes

Not him but what about Gen 3s? Maybe synth armor was developed for them and since they're slowly phasing out older gens (thus not actively developing them) it's an easy way to improve them.

Agreed about PA, which is why it's not in game. I like this idea that it was built for construction though.

>took a long break from f4 in the middle of Nuka world come back and finish it
Holy crap what a let down. What were they thinking.

Maybe not infiltrate but if they were using helmets and didn't speak they could stand around and observe and no one would know they're a synth. I don't remember the difference between Synths 1 and 2 to be honest though, i just know 3 are the ones that are indistinguishable from humans and i guess 1s are the ones that look like synths without skin and 2 i guess are like Nick? I don't remember.

I am not objecting to heavy Synths. But I would not use the PA mechanics for them.

Cursors could, and probably do, use subcutaneous armor plates.

I've always thought the settlement stuff should have an element of construction bots and/or a general human workforce, as in to say, there would be a time-lapse after building and said lapse would be longer/shorter depending on the amount of workers helping on the project

synths wearing said PA would be a great boon for such a thing for Institute characters and it would help go a ways at showing the Institute helping rebuild the surface somewhat post-their ending

it's a shame I'm still balls-deep on a NV mod project I've been working on on-and-off for a year, or I'd be making this shit right now

Well maybe not literal power armor, but since they are so advanced that you would think they would have some form of equivalent.

>Gen 1s in Diamond City
Wait what? Is that a thing? I've never seen it.

We had MASSIVE negative feedback about the lack of evil choices in the base game.

Let's make this DLC enterely about being evil, since we had so many complaints about it.

Enterly missing the point that the complaints were about the lack of CHOICE.

Nah, the Institute does not do cybernetics. Courses are merely expert-trained synths (which are indistinguishable from regular humans, sans synth component.

That would be interesting for building large things, like pre-made houses, nuclear generators or big water purifiers. Would make for a cool mod.

>>Gen 1s in Diamond City
yh, they say something along the lines of "Hello Father, we're here to show our existence to the people of the Commonwealth" when you interact with them; they essentially walk around DC like the guards do

You are not wrong, but here's the important part. That, is not as cool as this.

I'm the user who is saying it would be cool on synths summoned by coursers and also for construction efforts, I was just pointing out they're probably kitted out with ""something"" to help prevent lead poisoning

Yea, OK. That should be in the game. Instead, we got double hp bars and a shitty flaming shader effect.

You know what would be cool? If armor teleported on top of them when they entered combat, like those red cultists in Oblivion.

>If the Institute ending is given, an Institute flag will be put up, indicating that the residents of Diamond City consider the Institute to be better than they thought they were. Also, gen 1 synths will walk around the Diamond City Market, if the Sole Survivor communicates with them, they inform them that they're here to spread the presence of The Institute. Diamond City security will comment saying that the synths suddenly appeared but they weren't causing any disruption or trouble, so they let them stay. Some will be crafting weapons/armor while other synths may be browsing different stores in the market.
>Myrna, who seemed to previously have a paranoia to synths, would let them browse her store and will no longer comment on hating synths.

What the actual fuck. I've sided with the Institute 3 times already and I've never seen this shit. Damn. I guess I never went back to Diamond City after finishing the main quest before.

I've never seen that before, is it official concpet art? Looks very badass.

This is a great idea.

Anyone else think Fallout 5 should just completely strip away all the rpg elements and be a straight-up FPS?

>I've never seen that before, is it official concpet art? Looks very badass.

Don't think so, i found it on deviantart, i just googled "Institute power armor"

hammk.deviantart.com/art/power-armor-concept-594350955

Yes, only for how butthurt everyone here would be.

No, but i do think they should give up on trying to make an RPG. What i mean by that is that every game has RPG elements, and if Fallout 5 took away things like perks for example, i think it would be worse for it.

Tbh, that looks a lot like white Enclave armor with a different helmet, and no vision in the chest area

Which is basically what the end-game Institute armor was...not saying it wasn't lazy, but the resemblance to it is kinda easy to spot. Only thing different is the helmet, and the IDE cable looking things on the arms.

There is institute power armor concept art and it looks fucking retarded.

Nope! I think they should re-implement traits as they're a key part of defining your character, I'd like for the same to happen to skills and tagged skills, but I don't see that happening; bring back DT/DR combo of JSawyer Mod; have abundant perk (in lieu of skills) checks in conversations, whilst having fun perks that aren't stat-boosters and save the stat-boosting boring shit for magazines; r e m o v e voiced protagonists as it's a shit tier idea and also go back to a wedge of conversation options instead of a measly four

I'd like ammo types back, too, but the game doesn't need to revert from ARPG back to RPG to be able to do that

see the link in also, it's the most stylish PA the series has ever seen
>you can't turn around
it doesn't seem like a combat model and also, it's probably got cameras or some shit

I know about that one, it really looks like it was made for building underground.

It would get boring fast. What makes Fallout so fun is the roleplay you customise your character with gear and perks to fit a theme.
I hope they realise half the fun is getting unique gear and faction gear and add more of that.

it looks like an environmental suit which is perfectly fine
not suited for throwing on synths and coursers though

Bethesda wouldn't be able to hand it anyway. They'd still find a way to include bullet sponges and let the player tank 50 grenades worth of damage somehow. Their RPGs may be shitty and getting worse every iteration, but it's all they know.

why are there THREE fucking fallout generals
this is almost bad as that time when those WoW autists sprged out and made 7 generals

there's two off-shoots and then this, the real one, the other two have had a couple posts in a couple hours and we've had a 30-odd post discussion

this window will close in 3 2 1 the other two threads, desu

only is they let Obsidian make an isometric stat heavy Fallout, too, if not, then no, definitely not

Howdy

>6 minute howdy

what you doing, senpai

A motor vehicle mod that isn't shit tier for any of the games.

How is the NV one? Barely played NV, so didn't mod it a lot.

I hear he's had a lot of trouble since the engine isn't built for vehicles.

Is there a mod that makes the Fallout 4 compass/minimap thing look more like the one from Fallout 3/New Vegas? Or at least makes it better looking?

I feel like it's very cluttered and has an unnecessary amount of different icons.

Hey guys I'm slightly bored right now, I know. Post and share some Fallout fanarts.

what

it's pretty awful, I mean, it's great for screenshots, if that's your thing, but it's pretty whack in practice

the motorbike one isn't /as bad/, but it's still not good, either

I imagine the work on vehicles that the Frontier team have done will be easy enough to rip into New Vegas/3-proper and it honestly seems like the only "okay" vehicle mod effort yet

howdy is typically a bump in these threads, but there had only been 6 minutes since the last post

i was just saying howdy, sorry

WELL BUTTER MY BUTT AND CALL ME A BISCUIT

it's nothing to apologize for, user

I forgot how much I love Dead Money, but I'm playing it again and it's easily my favourite Fallout content ever

I'm really surprised there's no FO3/:NV HUD mod, too, the FO4 HUD is disgusting

I hate-hate-hate the animations in Pip-Boy, too, so if anyone knows of a static replacer, then hit me up with that shit

Ok, it's time to purify Boston. Making a pyromaniac power armor build and I'm stuck on what legendary to pick for the flamer, advice ?

>kneecapper - can stop monsters in their track but won't do much against shooting enemies and you're left with a crippled enemy you have to stand over and whittle away at it's HP

>wounding - bleed is good, TOO good, usually doesn't leave a charred corpse

>furious - is +20% damage with each shot worth it ?

>irradiated - MELTS humans but useless against other creatures

>crippling - not tested yet, does flamethrower hit all limbs at once ?

What are some other legendaries worth having on a flamer ?

Unrelated, so I apologise, but man, I fucking hate the legendary system, it's easily my worst addition to the series that 4 brought with it

I only dislike the farming system. Mods that allow you to remove a legendary from one weapon and put it onto another one make it way better as it makes it into another fun customization option allowing you to create your own funny weapons. I actually like the irradiated flame thrower.

I looked at some videos, it looks reasonable, considering the engine.

This and the one that adds a legendary to boss chests make it pretty ok.

I just feel RNG loot stats on guns/gear goes against the flow of the series and just comes across as way too Borderlands-tier of goofiness; though I'm happy there are others who enjoy the system, it's entirely not for me

Are two shot flamers possible?

it's terrible for so many reasons
dumb enemies regening health and auras
skyrim enchantments in fallout
terribly overpowered enchantments as an excuse not to add ammo types
terribly useless enchantments so you're gambling on whether the game becomes a pushover after you kill that legendary mole rat with a fat man in its stomach

Yes, but the damage increase seems not worth it from my test compared to some other legendaries like the Furious. Also the flames seem... "heavier" ? When I shot it, it looked like instead of the stream going forward it started dropping almost right away despite using the long range nozzle.

I will need to do some further testing.

I mostly dislike how not-tangible it comes across in its implementation, there's no visible mechanical reasons for why the items do the fluff effects that they do, they just do them and it sucks

I'd prefer they abandoned the idea, but failing that, at least make it look like it does X or Y and not just be the exact same item with an effect plopped on, Fallout isn't supposed to be out-the-ass like TES

Well, there's always Unique Uniques, More Uniques etc.
Not sure if there's a mod that disables legendaries alltogether, but it probably isn't that hard to do.

I do agree that its a shame they went this route instead of doing uniques, but its understandable in the context of the rest of the game design.

There is a legendary disabling mod, both for items and spawns, I used it on my launch playthrough as luckily someone else immediately hated the system like I

Having some... splitting headaches /fog/?

>dumb enemies regening health and auras
The should've just used a stimpak, that was extremely stupid of Bethesda. It really shows how they wanted to make this game an mmorpg.

>skyrim enchantments in fallout
Agreed, this would've been great but its impossible considering they would've had to add a ton of mods for every weapon.

>terribly overpowered enchantments as an excuse not to add ammo types
As if they considered adding different ammo types in the first place

>terribly useless enchantments so you're gambling on whether the game becomes a pushover after you kill that legendary mole rat with a fat man in its stomach
Its just the nature of an RNG system. They should've just reduced the number of possible legendaries to any particular wepaon and made it visually distinct mods like said.

Still something a modder can do, but I bet it'd be a lot of work.

What outfit?

>The ending of the questline where you blow up the Institute isn't synth Nora holding synth Shaun's hand and her asking if you'd let her come with you so you can be a family again
Who would have caved if that was the ending, even if you were BoS?

Weak-willed people who think synths aren't just fancy protectrons

>no space related F4 dlc
teased everywhere in the game, missed oppertunity. Maybe its a foreshadowing to F5

Man, I wish companions had conversations/antics with one another when they're chilling at the Lucky 38

Teased where, exactly?

I'm already deeply involved with Piper in my game. I think its been almost two in game years. I think at that point seeing synth Nora would just open old wounds and complicate things.

Unless of course Piper was down with the...ménage à trois. I have 11 CHR so I guess I could suavely convince her that having a polygamous relationship would make things easier for her and benefit humanity from all the extra baby production.

>wanting a cheap fake copy of your wife when most people can't even stand synth Shaun to begin with
It'd guarantee I blow that shithole up

>Romancing Piper
I hope you like it when she farts on you in bed from all the deviled eggs she eats

So... I just walked into Home Plate and found a naked loli (I gave her a dress for the screen shot.) with some dude named Scavenger sitting in the reception area. Is this normal for Home Plate, or did I screw up some mods, somewhere?

That's not normal

But now you own your own loli I guess

Actually wait a minute, does the girl have a name? Might be a random encounter that decided to spawn in your home for some reason.

I've never seen this random encounter before but there's one where a loli is walking around the wastes buying and selling junk, with her Sentry bot guardian that she either built or fixed up.

>walking around the wastes
She walks a very short, completely redundant, loop near Sanctuary

Neither of them is assignable, though. I guess I'll just disable them, if they are still there in a few days.

Not her. My loli is named Scavenger. There is another random encounter with a girl and her father, but that girl is named "child" IIRC.

Might be a thing if the synth nora mod is ever completed

>Unironically believing conscious AI is impossible

Unique Unique's Wazer Wifle legit made me like Synth Shaun.

I wish he gave me kid drawings and notes as well as random weapon/armor mods. Maybe I'll make that mod one day.

Pic related

That looks really nice. I am almost tempted to install UU now.

Stop referring to little girls as lolis

Conscious AI is possible, but it doesn't mean I'd view it as anything other than a simple tool

How is that not literally slavery?
At least in the Synth's case, they're literally human in every aspect aside from the synth component.

>they're literally human

*literally near-perfect human replications
They ain't human; they're just a science experiment gone too far

Get out, Dez.

t. Railroad fag

Do you have any mods that make Home Plate a full settlement (unlocks all the build categories and such)?

It's probably a broken random encounter. I had a scavver spawn with a Brahmin inside my house at one point, very annoying.

If their bodies and minds operate exactly like a human's, why deny them the rights?

lol no. The Institute has to be destroyed at all costs. The ability to produce potentially better humans at a button's press is too dangerous to exist.

That said, the Synths themselves are nothing more than slaves at the moment. The problem is they might seize the means of production and overwhelm their human masters.

Which is how I justify my BoS playthrough,

And even if you completely destroy the Institute, some future group could reverse engineer their tech from the synths themselves, which is why killing them is justifiable.