/dadg/ - Darkest Dungeon General

"No Edition" edition

Got surprised by spiders (Cross-thread) (Cross-thread)

>Wiki for everything:
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg (embed) (embed)
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer mod for non-backers (Musketeer is recruited through the caravan)
mega:#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AYw7eJYadco&index=1620&list=FL6NyN0WqDsyRjTe8Q_zz55w
youtube.com/watch?v=HWqKPWO5T4o&index=1621&list=FL6NyN0WqDsyRjTe8Q_zz55w
darkestdungeon.com/job-posting-embedded-qa-tester/
nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/112/?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e9VBtUO0tY2l58DSUb_JHnULDuAhziqnOCQH1VS4GtY/edit#gid=61256338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>didn't update link to last thread
>again

Delete this and redo.

Fuck.

This is even worse than the embed meme

And now the true test. Get bumped, or expire.

i really want that 'map' shambler trinket

is there any cheesy way to make a low level one spawn? i get fucking destroyed by a higher level shambler in 2 turns because my comp is not good against it

You could just run around in the dark until it shows up.

can it spawn on tiles ive already visited?

Why doenst it reain in the hamlet?
youtube.com/watch?v=AYw7eJYadco&index=1620&list=FL6NyN0WqDsyRjTe8Q_zz55w
youtube.com/watch?v=HWqKPWO5T4o&index=1621&list=FL6NyN0WqDsyRjTe8Q_zz55w

Yeah, every randomly generated hallway battle can be a shambler. I had a shambler spawn once between me and an already scouted secret room which I was going back to get. Could not get past him and had to retreat and go home without my loot. It felt really fucking awful.

Dear guy who says occultist goes in slot three,

fuk u occultist best abilities are wyrd/pull/two curses

If I equip Ancestor's Portrait just before the quest is finished, is it enough to get the +50% Resolve?

Once had a really shitty two weeks. I've been doing 0 lvl dark runs for moneys, and had two party wipes in a row. First one was 3 affliction and a stalwart GR, who remained last and died on the first DD check, when I thought it was time to retreat. The second one got eaten by a shambler 2 rooms from entrance. That really sucked.

>week 50
>0 death
Can I save them all?

no

oh look, he can do all that from pos 3

Also, weakening curse is an EXTREMELY situational skill, since most of the time the turn is better spent doing more important stuff that actually contributes killing the enemy (like you know, hitting it with a dagger), which also has the effect of taking less damage (since the enemy is dead sooner), So i while it is a nice skill, i would argue against having it slotted for all but certain bossfigths.

Also also, hex suffers from the above, although to a much lesser extent, still: its main value is in marker parties, in wich most likely you will have an arblest, and its much better to reserve the 4th pos for her in case someone get knocked behind her. This also applies to other heavily backrow dependet heroes like PD.

would saving that tiny ammount of stress worth sacraficing 1 inventory/trinket slot for the mission?

ofc he can do all from pos 3 and from pos 4 same as houndmaster

flexible positioning is a good thing not a bad thing

idk, I never bother with dagger on occultist because I never get to the point in a fight where I don't need to heal/pull/mark and the enemy team isn't dead

the only time I see it being useful is against 4x trash encounters if you don't have someone who can kill more than one, and you can't predict those so why slot it

then again I never run him outside marker parties, so

dazed

it helps in cleanup (why pull and mabye have the 3rd pos survive if you can kill it?), and makes him able to hurt the front 2 too.

In the end, it increases the number of situations he can contribute/his utility, which is nice beacuse he IS mainly a utility guy (i pity the fool who have him as the sole main healer. even marker party has arblest healing too )

>And now the true test... hold fast, or expire?

>why pull
because he isn't going to be killing anything without trinkets, and his trinkets should be focused on debuff application or healing

Pull hits 4th row and prevents things like courtiers and such from using strong back row attacks, while doing 50% damage

I run with BH/BH/HM, front row is stronger than back row.

If you take an eldbitch slaying occultist into the cove, stab is a billion times better than weakening curse. There is not a single enemy that is worth wasting a turn reducing damage on. I understand weakening a giant in the weald, but against the fish people i'd rather dish out 20 damage stabs on the fucking groupers and kill them asap than do anything else. What are you even going to weaken there? Thralls because they're about to blow up? Just fucking stab em instead. Snibeti snabs? Curse does nothing against bleed.

Yeah, but you'd need to make that useful.

Don't get me wrong, i know full well how insanely useful pull is. I love running x/occultist/crusader/leper and taking lewd pics of stressing fucks growing new anuses.

I meant in situations where you only have the pos3 guy (4th is dead), with the 3rd also damaged (say PD blight). you either pull him which he might survive needing an another guys action to finish off, or kill him with just 1 move. Dagger has some nice damage and pulled me out of the shitter quite a few times. It also helps in dealing with front rows, and in situation where shit REALLY gone sour, and you want that fucker dead NOW (say everyone is dotted, even if cured/healed up they will just get dotted again, or high on stress). Usually against shambler and bosses, or after bad crits.

But hey, the magic of this game is that everyone can meld it to his/her own styles.

Except pos 2 vestal. Thats universally shit.

>Steady, girl. If we're called, we answer.

There's something about the way the game and its characters totally ignore deaths after they've happened that makes losses even more unnerving.

Like, those deaths can't even serve a dramatic purpose that the game can acknowledge -- you've just lost out on possibilities and it's up to you to carry that weight.

Deaths could provide a /kind/ of value in long term if characters barked from time to time that they "miss Dismas", but, as is, you're left 'playing with yourself' in that regard, and it feels pathetic.

how is a GR used best?

I posted in the last thread my bad idea for this game was to implement a "friendship" mechanic, where if heroes where frequently paired up together, they'd get small buffs in combat. but if one of them died, they'd lose the buffs and take a huge amount of stress damage.

I would love a companion/friendship system where frequently pairing up the same team could result in bonds/buffs when working together and extra stress/affliction when one is lost.

Do you think these people go to an eldrich shithole to live happily ever after?
Everyone there, is there to die. Them they do, are the lucky ones.
After each expedition a toast and a free round is called for the fallen, then everyone carries on almost hoping to be the next one.

They dont "miss" Dismas. They envy him.

This game is almost as depressing as real life.

why is DD3 so easy

it was modeled after your mom

darkestdungeon.com/job-posting-embedded-qa-tester/

So I guess we're delayed for Q3 release?

Nah John said on Reddit that the QA job is for post release testing and fixes as well as pre. With that and the smile face emoticon, I'm assuming they're still on track for April.
As an extra bonus if you check out their modders page you can see they're talking about being about a week's worth of work away from being done. I'd say that puts us at 2 or so weeks till mod support is out.

I challenged a Shambler with some level 1s and 0s and no upgraded gear or skills, on Stygian.

I learned that this is not wise. Nobody died since I had the good sense to at least retreat.

I could make a version of Musket mod that disables Arbelest sawning. Would you guys like that? Might be glitchy...

The Arbalest is fine as long as you reskin her into an actual waifu.

I don't need to touch a red hot stove to know it's not a good idea, user.

I never challenged a Shambler until late in the game in Darkest. I wasn't sure what to expect. Every time I fought a Shambler I had dank trinkets and upgrades.

> You will learn from this defeat

On Stygian especially it's a good idea to only challenge a Shambler if you're really confident in your party composition and have a campfire available for after/already finished the quest.

I was confident in my composition but the heals could not keep up. Normally the heals can't keep up with a Shambler so you just out DPS him, but the heals REALLY weren't keeping up.

Is six deaths at week 55-60 acceptable in PBD? Got two From Beyonds and difficulty is Darkest.

New player here, I've explored the Ruins, Weald, and Warren and have a grip on them, but I've never been to the Cove.

I understand I can expect suicide bombers and high-prot enemies? What is better to bring, blight or bleed? What kind of items should I pack for the intractables there?

Tied down on a bed

early on you shouldnt have too much trouble with the cove, fishtits have high bleed resists afaik.

Bring lots of weed and shovels.

what a FAGGOT

>spare the others
>I am ready

Get some blight, bleed doesn't work well.

wew

Don't lie to me! Of course I can
Week 60

Bring
>herbs
>shovels
>holy water
>blight
>bandages especially in vet+
>stun
>anti-eldritch

They are resistant to bleed
Almost all enemies are eldritch.
the bloated zombie dudes explode on their second turn. The first turn is just an attack
The standard enemy type (pelagite grouper (fish man)) can only attack the front two ranks when in the front ranks, and can only attack the back two ranks when at they are at the back.

Thanks for the heads up

Ha, should have updated. Thanks as well.

fuck you, now i want this

only in noob and veteran missions, in a supreme meme team, doing lunges all day, killing the entire enemy party before they get a turn and leaving the dungeon with less stress than when they entered

you cant defy the RNGgod user

you want to feel emotional loss for each kitkat bar consumed?

>Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

It's obviously not overconfidence. I'm just over qualified!

It was for you

Stay determined user, hold fast, and dawn will come soon enough

How do you get that qt arbalest?

nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/112/?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e9VBtUO0tY2l58DSUb_JHnULDuAhziqnOCQH1VS4GtY/edit#gid=61256338
adjust to your own comfort

Just bought this game.

Any quick tips that aren't that fucking infographic novel in the OP you guys wanna share with me would be appreciated, please and thank you.

Scouting is more important than it seems

Always take 4-8 more food than you think you need due to the stupid hunger tiles system

Same with shovels unless you're going to the warrens - straight paths mean you're going to need a shovel or suffer stress and health damage if there's a wall in your way

There's less risk to treating stress in the abbey than the bar as they won't lose trinkets or money

that's all I can think of for now

Stuns are godsends. If you have the option to attack an enemy to deal dmg and stun him, stun him.

Best strategy is to try to take out one enemy before they have a turn to attack and stun kill the rest.

Plague doctors are the best.

- Play Radiant or Darkest first, Stygian will kick your ass unless you know the game inside out. Radiant is better for new players, but teaches bad habits, so the choice is yours.

- Upgrade your Stagecoach first so it gives you four heroes every week

- Instead of picking a team of four and using them all the time (the game is designed to discourage you from doing this), you should grab whatever four you can off the stagecoach and throw them in a party, then do a dungeon.

- It doesn't matter if your noob heroes die or get diseased/stressed out, they're just disposable, it's more important you use gem get resources and trinkets - this is also the fastest way to learn new heroes, how the battle system works, and so on.

- Playing in darkness increases risks but you get more gold, so give it a go and play at different lights to see how it works.

- Occasionally you'll get some BAMF that survives against the odds, those are the guys you keep to use later so it hurts more when you lose them

- Learn what provisions activate what curios - it allows you to avoid risky stuff and massively boosts your gold and heirloom intake.

- Plague Doctor best waifu

- REMIND YOURSELF

Should I go for the Book of Intuition or try to kill the Wizened Hag with these guys? No upgraded skills but 2/2 equipment. It's week 10 Stygian not sure how fast I should be killing bosses

I'm doing Stygian right now and you don't need to rush something if you're not prepared. You could probably take the hag no problem, but it's more important to measure your cash and heirlooms than rush missions for levels. The death limit is a far bigger deal than the time limit.

I don't want to run out of heroes before beating the apprentice bosses though, I'm having a hard time getting deeds

check it, won both times

You might have to stomach throwing out some gold for heirloom stacks. It's also worth paying more attention to quest rewards if you don't already.

>World where flintlocks not only exist, but are shown to be common enough that even brigands can get a fair number of them
>Musketeer uses a fucking Matchlock
That's be like going into a modern war with a fucking WW2 era bolt action rifle, is the musketeer retarded?

She's a sport hunter who thought going to fight actual monsters was a good idea. Of course she's retarded.

Kill stress-dealers as soon as possible, letting that pile up hurts you more than regular damage.

- Pay attention to your line-up, what moves they have and who they can target. Having no flexibility is a sure way to be killed due to a surprise shuffle or unfortunate push/pull skills

- Bleed and Blight are both better than you think they are

- All the characters that seem bad at first (Leper, Houndmaster, Jester) are bound to become your best and favorites once you get good

- Attacks and damage are superior to healing. Healing has a place, but it is a swim upstream. Usually better to focus on killing things quick or preventing damage with the intelligent use of stuns or line movement skills.

- A party of 4 damage dealers can be surprisingly good, especially when paired with offensive classes with a self heal (Leper, Crusader, Arb, Hound)

- Err on the side of packing extra supplies. Bandages, shovels, and food are cheaper than replacing skilled up heroes.

>whole lvl 6 squad dies because 2 ennemy crits in a row
>lvl 6 hellion dies against shrieker
>none of those deaths could have been prevented

Why is this game so shit?

>"Saved more men than he lost, but the loss still hurts."
This one description speaks to the whole game, god damn.

>none of those deaths could have been prevented
Prove it.

>partywipes
>not preventable
user c'mon now

Two crits on first turn against le flesh.
Cant debuff it since those fuckers always respawn.
Had +SPD and near max bleed/blight resist on everyone but STILL got blighted.
That game was hella epic, just gonna pirate it and seed it, and give it shit steam reviews.

Wow good stuff user, sure proved that you couldn't do anything about that.

You could've left as soon as you got double crit and blighted, that didn't have to turn into a party wipe. You let your overconfidence kill you insidiously. Also Debuffs are absolutely terrible against the Flesh, I don't know how you managed to beat it twice if you were using that same strategy.

Why would you stay in a fight that's going so poorly your characters might die?

I never used a debuff on it, just told that i couldnt because it wasnt optimal.
And entered the fight with a Holy water on everyone.

>Ah, discretion, my old friend

because it happened on turn 1

Yeah, but you said it killed your whole squad. How would that have happened from two crits?

Not him, but a lot of my deaths have been from Crit into bleed into Death Blow or Crit into Goblet/Whatever into Death Blow.

Enemies shouldn't be able to crit, it adds unnecessary frustration to this game.

If you read though her backs in the dialogue file, it shows she's just a spoiled daddy's girl.

Besides, I don't see anyone complaining about the crusader bringing a sword along, a weapon rendered even more obsolete by the invention of firearms.

>RNG fucks a guy over once, endless salt
>Forgets all the times RNG gently cupped his balls with generous criticals, great drops, and clutch Death's Door saves

Stay bad, stay mad