/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Mira's Turn with Echo Edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell is OUT
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569348-Rank-Changes-in-Y2S1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

"Come on, Weiss. You've had your fun.":

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5y4bm3/i_was_trying_to_drop_an_additional_empty_clip_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for fuck ubisoft

Obligatory new thread shitpost.

nth for fuze

put unranked reddit shitters in the oven

muh weekly

I couldn't even make one and it seems no one else bothers to make them anyway.

I'll try again in couple of minutes tho

Put them all in the oven
>play some casual
>twice tachanka was picked
>both times some autist types: "The lord!" in chat
So fucking funny holy shit, I had to get myself checked because I wasn't sure you could take such a hilarious joke without suffering physical injuries.

Should I put a compensator on the Mk17? Shit has so much recoil even when burst firing but the magazine is so small I practically mag dump anyways.

Was the MK17 BB's Scar or DMR?
Regardless, slap a muzzle on both.

>Shit has so much recoil even when burst firing
Which would make a case for using the Flash hider or Muzzle Brake.
Most people I know have best luck using the Muzzle brake on it, since it reduces the major first-shot recoil the Mk17 has.
Compensator doesn't kick in until really far into a burst/spray, so it wouldn't help as much in that case.
As a good rule of thumb, Muzzle's on ARs and Flash hiders on SMGs, I really don't feel like Compensators help nearly enough with recoil in most cases to be worth using.

Are the weeklys still broken?

Why? He's not invincible window sniper man anymore.

Hey guys, I just picked this game up a week ago and I really like it.

I'm curious though if macros are a bannable offense. My mouse support macros and it helps my DMR play.
A friend of mine told me they weren't but he's been wrong before.

>not enjoying the thrill of not knowing what objective you are defending until you spawn into it and have to make the best of what could be a fucked situation

Shits fun tbqh

Muzzle brake, the spray is uncontrollable but the Mk17 fires so slowly that if you're in a situation that you're spraying at someone you'd be dead already

Unless a system has built in settings to make macros generally it's not allowed.

Doesn't matter, even just 2 bullets blocked creates a good window of time when you know how to pre-aim or predict enemy movement/positioning.
He's not a crutch op anymore, so a lot of shitters think he's useless now, but he still rewards good players just fine.

Ubi stepped out and said that Macros are a bannable offense a while ago. Since it's kind of a grey area, since not all macros are "exploits" of sorts, they said it's not guaranteed, but it might be judged on a case-by-case basis. Either way just don't risk anything that seems like it'd be obvious enough to get reported for. You're not going to get banned for just changing button functions.

The muzzlebreak makes sure your first couple of bullets hit their mark. It supports a controlled fire playstyle and with BB you will wanna stay at medium range and get those headshots while holding an angle.

>Decide to check out Overwatch since I haven't played in a few months
>Person on the other team has LordChanka as a battletag

The joke is just too funny to contain guys!

do people who play ranked really have to feel superior when we know they're probably stuck in some trashcan tier and have to whine all the time about the matchmaking system on reddit

I remember when shield ADS was a serious thing and people macroed aim+fire+tilt right.
What a fucking nighmare.

Some anons will use literally anything they do differently from others as a means to justify their "superiority" over other people.
Just ignore them and move on, anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of "you're mad lol" with people like that.

Not the same guy but I've encountered a player playing ranked who was quite obvious with his macro.

He burstfired every weapon perfectly, also in situations he shouldn't have.

He started claiming that macros are bannable and started sperging when we said that it is.

At the end we all reported him but Ubi never lets you know if your report had any effect or not.

>He's not a crutch op anymore
I was playing casual and we all died leaving Blackbeard in a 1v3, he had absolutely shit aim and crosshair placement but managed to clutch simply because he tanked all the headshots.

What platform and when?
I wanna make fun of my friend if it was him

It was PC EU like a week ago

Then the players left alive were shit and held obvious angles, and/or didn't prefire him properly. His shield has always been bigger than his field of vision, and since he's effectively a 1 speed with his shield equipped, unless you're peeking into his line of sight you should be able to break his shield as he peeks unless you aren't calling him out properly and playing overly aggressive, since:
>leaving Blackbeard in a 1v3
most players get greedy in situations like that.

One of my old mouses (mice?) had a button on it programmed to triple-click. It's not complex, and could be handled pretty easily by a real person. It's that much of an advantage, so I don't think it should be a bannable offense.
Shit like , on the other hand, isn't something that consistently be done by somebody (and that's without considering how OP that shit was to begin with) - that's worthy of a ban IMO.

Yep.

I know guns have different levels of penetration but sometimes it feels like the stronger rifles in this game don't properly pierce walls. It's really dumb when I know someone is behind a wall and mag dumping doesn't kill them.

With the one-shot headshot in place it's easy to forget how much of an effect falloff + armor values + wallbang reductions can have on final damage. Also accounting for how many potential misses you're making when you're firing blind through a wall, in the end the majority of successful wallbang kills are going to be with headshots, unless the enemy is already wounded.
At least just in my experience.

Two pumps from a shotgun not killing outright when shooting through walls is dumb, really, especially when you see it's shot through two walls with a 5m gap between them.
I fucking hate Sledge.

He used his macro to burstfire bucks DMR though, that sounds like a pretty nice advantage to me.

So what are the different drawfags working on now?

kys.jpg

>try to burst fire
>always lose peaks
>just spray with the slightest effort of mitigating recoil
>win every peak

I'm going to assume wallbang damage reductions are a percentage, just like all other reductions in the game. That's going to affect shotguns more than anything else since it's going to be calculated per-pellet rather than per-shot. It's unfortunate, but it's just how the game works.
Also
>using the shotgun on Sledge
>hating Sledge
Come on now.

Is Mira's window still bugged?

No, but it's still a liability as your pic suggests.

>just spray with the slightest effort of mitigating recoil
more bullets = more chances to hit a head.
Burst firing only works if you have good timing and know how to aim. Otherwise, more dakka means enemies will have more pressure on them, and the dumb ones will peek you while you're firing and you'll end up headshotting them.

No, fixed in 2.1.1 two weeks ago

I had more luck using it on non-reinforced walls as a peek hole.

nah

You could triple click and do the exact same thing. Not difficult.

I'm talking about going against Sledge, not using him. Despite being a 2 armour, I've found he can sponge a huge amount of damage, but that's probably just because he's a large angry bald Scottish man.
>implying shotgun on Sledge is a bad thing
>he doesn't want to have the versatility of cheeky little killholes in addition to big fucking holes
If he had a shitty secondary I'd agree with you, but the SMG-11 is just as good as a primary.

I always put it on a reinforced wall next to an unreinforced one

Put it on a reinforced wall next to an unreinforced wall.
Strafe and shoot.

Yes, that's a great strategy.

just woke up, challenges still broke?

Yep

>meeting room on plane
>put a window on the unreinforced wall overlooking the stairs
You can probably figure out the rest.

yea

Only started playing this month. Am I any good?

no

Shotguns on attack in general just don't run well with me. Acogs are attackers' best friends since peeking is a common threat, and also since you're generally going to be holding longer angles as attackers than you will be defenders.
If the smg-11 still had an acog I'd say picking the shotgun on him is no big deal, but you lose too much flexibility and ammo, and since he is Sledge it ends up feeling a bit redundant.
I only find attack shotguns semi-effective on Hibana and Twitch, since theirs' have a couple of the longest kill-ranges of all shotguns, and even then using those is mostly just for fun.

With how common Ash is, it's best if you make sure you're only pulling that trick on walls that aren't optimal for attackers to have open early on. Walls closer to the edges of an objective, that won't give line of sight into the other point defenders are the best candidates for it.

Not gutter trash, but not great. Keep working on it though buddy, you're not far from breaking even.

>clip

reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5y4bm3/i_was_trying_to_drop_an_additional_empty_clip_for/

>may or may not be loaded with 9mm glock rounds

Yeah, this is the first time mine haven't worked, what the fuck is going on?

I'm gonna miss my god damn british flag

Does Ubi not consider it an issue at all that on Ranked, the bomb is almost universally in the same spot for the opposite team?

u wot

If its server room for one team, the next round its almost always server room for the opposite team.

why would you even want to bait like this

Its not baiting anonymoose

A little unclear, but are you referring to the fact that there are more optimal bomb sites that most teams will run more often?
Because if so then yeah I don't think reworking bomb-sites or changing old maps significantly is something on their priority list unfortunately, what with them having the goal of releasing fresh new maps and operators every three months instead of focusing on fixing and improving upon what we already have.

I'm all for free new content, but god damn I just want to take a season off of new shit to get the preexisting shit improved, namely the fucking servers. Take that dosh for a new season of ops and just buy fucking servers with it, fuck. The "50-100 new ops" dream can die, all it's going to do is distract them from core content improvements.

It's been like this for ages, the fuck is going on

perhaps he isn't aware that you vote for objective location on ranked

It just looked to me like he dudn't speek the ingles so gud

Ofcourse you could triple click, but your apm is still considerably lower giving you room to focus more on other aspect.

It's also way easier to magdump with a DMR and always it to be played more like a regular rifle with higher damage and accuracy.

Anyone know about this bug?

>bug

what's happening here?
Is it landing in one of the glass cases up above? Because I know Belvet Shell or 2.1.1 introduced a bunch of bugs related to the glass cases in various maps.

>*aspects
>*always to allows
My bad

Is there a dedicated group of plat players to play with?

Quick question that I probably could find an answer to just by googling, but I'm lazy.

When I see gameplay-videos of r6, you can see your teammates through walls, is this in all modes? Is there a more realistic mode, where actual teamplay, communication etc is important, not just a cod-copy? Like r6 3?

Check the Discord :^)

Link?

You can choose to see teammates through walls. If it bothers you then you can turn off player outline, player icon and playername.

Dunno if it lands on glass but it does land above and you get flashed if you are under it. Doesn't happen 100% of the time but anyone can reproduce this in a few tries.

is there any way to remove the stupid gold character pick card you get when you use elite uniforms?

i just want to look the way I want, but having so much attention drawn to yourself makes it look like an attention seeking thing and now I don't want to buy at all

But this is not a server side selection?

The entire point of the elite skins is to be special butterfly. Let's be honest, the skins look like shit, the only reason people buy them is because they're different.

vympel looks alright

>he thinks there's server settings

No, there is no open multiplayer server that you can setup with a feature like that.

You can do custom matches with friends and play realistic mode, which is truely exclusive to custom matches.

Imagine a universe where all the operators had our current elite skins as the standard. Then imagine that Ubisoft released the regular as an elite skin.

I don't know about you but I think the feedback would be a lot better then "ok" and you'd also have bought it.

Sledge's Elite skin is fucking solid, special snowflake or not. If I were to buy any one Elite it'd be that one, almost just because I play so much of the SAS and I'd be able to use the weapons skins between them all.

Out of all of them I'd say that sledge has the best one, followed by Kapkan and then thermite.
Rooks elite is just ugly.

I think the body on Rook's Elite skin looks nice, but it's just that the helmet looks like shit

I like how cheeky his victory animation is, picking bullets off his chest.
It's basically a Sundowner moment, I love it.

>Rooks elite is just ugly
I thought so too, but in-game it's not as flashy as I thought it would be, and I actually think it's fitting, and pretty tasteful.
I'd say my list of preference is
>Sledge
>Thermite
>Rook
>Kapkan
I'd like Kapkan's a lot more if it weren't for the white and blue striped shirt. I know it's authentic for Russian Afghanistan operations, but the extra splash color just makes it stand out too much. I don't necessarily hate it, but I'd never consider buying it, even if it was available for a lot of renown.

I agree. If the visor wasn't so big I'd say it'd be on par with Thermite's.

>using actions per minute to refer to mental processing allocation as opposed to the speed in which you can physically manipulate the controls

What the actual fuck?

>no option to change your camouflage depending on the map
>Buck with snow camo on Border, Valkyrie with desert camo on Yacht
>season skins only change the helmet
>ubi keeps making meme skins for operators

>weapon skins don't affect attachments
>MP5 will have yellow mags forever
>we get a second Valentine's Day weapon skin
>mfw St. Patrick's Day coming up

>If it's easier doing this
>Then I can put more focus on this
It really is rocket science when you try and be an autistic cunt about everything isn't it user?

Maybe it would look better if the visor was up.

that's not very tactical tho senpai

It got ashed and you all died?

Not him, but that spot is so narrow it's actually pretty hard for an Ash to get an angle on it and destroy the wall before you get a good chance to punish it.

That isn't how your brain works but okay

APM isn't a good way to describe actions in an fps since your muscle memory isn't going to have as close of a relationship with your thought processes as it will with games like SC2.
You can aim, control bursts, tap fire, and/or control recoil without dipping into your critical thinking as much.

>unlock valk
>mag dump the spaz at 4m into a buck
>it only downs him
wew this gun is a piece of shit. Its a good thing this op gets the drop on people 100% of the time or she'd be complete trash

just point at heads

>mag dump the spaz at 4m into a buck
>it only downs him
Shouldn't be happening. Spaz is one of the few good semi-auto shotguns leftover after the nerfs.
Are you aiming for the head? Because if you are, you shouldn't be, and the only other reason you wouldn't have killed him is if your aim was shit.

doesnt it do the same damage as a bodyshot or did they change that? last I heard it was 1x damage on a headshot.