Science confirms: luxury car owners really do drive like dicks

Science confirms: luxury car owners really do drive like dicks.
That includes expensive hybrid cars like the Prius.

wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/the-rich-drive-differently-a-study-suggests/

>state law requires motorists to stop at crosswalks when pedestrians are present
>“One of the most significant trends was that fancy cars were less likely to stop,” said Mr. Piff, adding, “BMW drivers were the worst.”

>BMW drivers were the worst
I'm not even surprised.

>expensive hyrbid cars
>prius
ok

You dont need science to prove Mercedes, Audi, and VW drivers swerve in and out of traffic, brake heavily, and occasionally drive 5 over the flow of traffic. Its in our genes be faster, more important than anyone else.

IF rich people are going to drive like assholes, can't they at least use their """wealth""" to lobby politicians to increase speed limits and relax stupid laws?

Not all luxury car drivers are rich nor important.

people with enough power to do that don't drive their own cars
the 'rich' are rich enough to be better off than the average simpleton

In san fransico it's the virtue signaling car of choice

>Science confirms: poorfag shitbox owners really are buthurt.
>That includes cheapshit like the Honda Civic.

came here to post this

>expensive hybrid car
>toyota prius

What.

Like me. But I drove that way anyway. Us audi drivers don't use blinkers as well.

i am aware that californians love their earth saving cars but a prius msrps for 25k in %90 of the world

Going to post a serious reply to a topic like this for once. Not to brag but just to give my point of view some perspective, I'm probably what this study would consider "rich", drive what it would consider a "luxury vehicle", and drive like what it would consider a "piece of shit asshole".

Most people like me have high paying stressful jobs which we worked hard to achieve and work hard at every day. We have achieved this and continue to achieve this by having learned to be as efficient and self-centered as possible. We are busy and have zero patience for incompetent morons wasting our time. We can't control having to deal with morons at work, but when we're on the road and we can do something about it, we're not going to lose precious chunks of time from our day stuck behind you while you're fiddling with your cell phone in the passing lane in the hopes that you miraculously learn how to be a functioning member of society in the next few minutes. We're going to blow by you and maybe flip you off or beep at you to hopefully give you some negative reinforcement in the off chance it might help you be a little less stupid in the future.

I could go on, but the tldr is that we actually do things with our lives and don't have time for your bullshit. Get the fuck out of our way and go be a waste off to the side. Yeah it's harsh and probably a shitty way to go through life thinking like that, but for better or worse that's the gist of it. (Not going to entertain any arguments or try to change anyone's mind on anything, just wanted to give you poor people some perspective.)

not bad

with a few tweaks you can have a top tier shitpost copypasta

Money is life man

>drive a Honda Fit
>weave in and out of traffic (it's a small car with great handling - it's hard to resist the temptation)
>drive 10 over flow of traffic
>nobody really notices

If I were driving a BMW, I'm pretty sure I would be called an asshole nonstop.

>That includes expensive hybrid cars like the Prius.
>Prius
>expensive

Sorry user, your long held belief that Prius owners are bad drivers just isn't true. You aren't going to shoehorn it into this study.

This is false.
My boss is very successful, has started and sold two of his own businesses before, is on several professional/academic committees, makes a buttload of money, and is very polite, respectful, and considerate.
But he drives a BMW and he drives it like a typical bmw driver.
I would have imagined him to be a very responsible and considerate driver, I think it's just a natural law that bmws will be driven recklessly. It's not even a property of the driver, it's a property of the car itself.

BMW drivers prove time and time again to fill the stereotype of dick head every time I drive.

>this is false
Stopped reading there. We're talking about people, obviously it won't apply to every single person this situation is dealing with. I even prefaced my rant with 'Most people'. Get a brain.

Its people like you that convinced me to turbo my shitbox, get in front of said fucks going 10 over on the right side of the highway, and purposely go 20 under the limit in front of.

I smile under your anguish

So you're actively being a shithead, instead of just passively like everyone else. Good on you, as least you're aspiring to be something. If I had only a sliver of ambition in life I'd probably do the same thing. If you can't join em, fuck em.

it is copypasta

Or you can stop acting like special snowflakes and deal with the rules like the rest of us.

It's people like you who I feel no shame in keying racial slurs into your vehicles. Go kill yourself you presumptuous faggot.

Hopefully you'll learn to have respect for other people's property once you're old enough to actually have to work for the things you have.