/utg/ - Undertale general

ea edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZNVRXUYAAAZS9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6UJ3rpUsAA-0ox.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZQ0LTVAAE9vmr.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZQy7kU4AAQfhx.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VZoWMVMAACoIH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YwRhvVAAEiCKt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZAVYjUsAAhJY7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6XwlIMU0AAuGq0.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YJGyRVAAA1Eny.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6X80orUoAEjMUj.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Ve81rVMAEkDcU.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Ve7vAVMAAmxMa.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Ve8ECUoAAj9UP.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YLHZvVMAADaKJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZT04FVAAA77NB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WgCMRVAAA7UkC.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C5miudyU8AMTsQK.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Y-1ayU4AAKnYz.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C5nPIOqWUAAopVc.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Y_3y1VAAEq18Z.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6HhEUHU4AIij1S.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6HhC8WU4AANTg9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6HhFGVUwAAsQqE.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZENftUsAAmSHb.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6PkOe0U4AAO3t2.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6XZplwUoAAX_sm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Yqv9RUYAAdIuY.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Y89bUUsAEnYx1.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZIEZSU0AIoTIj.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZRUxdUwAEWLtJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YmcXfUsAEyIEX.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZN98mVMAAP3dw.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4zA81FUcAADASK.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VlGjRVMAA8Dij.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw_gEJPUkAAYp1D.jpg:orig
youtube.com/watch?v=tuaSnW8w6xg
youtube.com/watch?v=VwLP7ju2NWQ
strawpoll.me/12487864
youtube.com/watch?v=dY8u_zjSBFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SODORTALE

Everyone's a Train

Frisk -> Thomas
Flowey -> Smudger
Toriel -> Edward
Sans -> Skarloey
Papyrus -> Sir Handel
Undyne -> James
Alphys -> Toby
Mettaton -> Diesel
Mettaton EX/NEO -> Boco
Asgore -> Gordon
Asriel -> Duke
Chara -> Percy

snowdrake vore when

>Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZNVRXUYAAAZS9.jpg:orig
>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6UJ3rpUsAA-0ox.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZQ0LTVAAE9vmr.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZQy7kU4AAQfhx.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VZoWMVMAACoIH.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YwRhvVAAEiCKt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZAVYjUsAAhJY7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6XwlIMU0AAuGq0.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YJGyRVAAA1Eny.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6X80orUoAEjMUj.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Ve81rVMAEkDcU.jpg:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Ve7vAVMAAmxMa.jpg:orig
>Gaster
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Ve8ECUoAAj9UP.jpg:orig
>Mettaton
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YLHZvVMAADaKJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZT04FVAAA77NB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WgCMRVAAA7UkC.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C5miudyU8AMTsQK.jpg:orig
>Woshua
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Y-1ayU4AAKnYz.jpg:orig
>Muffet
pbs.twimg.com/media/C5nPIOqWUAAopVc.jpg:orig
>Star guy
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Y_3y1VAAEq18Z.png:orig
>Skeletons
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6HhEUHU4AIij1S.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6HhC8WU4AANTg9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6HhFGVUwAAsQqE.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZENftUsAAmSHb.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6PkOe0U4AAO3t2.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6XZplwUoAAX_sm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Yqv9RUYAAdIuY.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Y89bUUsAEnYx1.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZIEZSU0AIoTIj.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZRUxdUwAEWLtJ.jpg:orig
>Fuku & her GF
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6YmcXfUsAEyIEX.jpg:orig
>Royal gays
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6ZN98mVMAAP3dw.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4zA81FUcAADASK.jpg:orig
>Nicepants
pbs.twimg.com/media/C6VlGjRVMAA8Dij.png:orig
>mettaton x Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw_gEJPUkAAYp1D.jpg:orig

Battle Against a True Hero: youtube.com/watch?v=tuaSnW8w6xg
Megalovania: youtube.com/watch?v=VwLP7ju2NWQ

didn't we have a fic like that the other day?

If you think Asriel or Chara could be 'saved', or have their bodies and emotions fully restored - how do you think it could happen?

I want to stuff this goat face!

It was freaky.

You'd need some seriously world-shattering magicks to do that. Even if you could bring back Asriel, and that's by all means perhaps the easier one, Chara is quite verifiably dead as disco.

Other than changing history or using some godlike power.

Chara is almost assuredly the game narrator as almost all evidence suggests, which means that in some capacity they still exist and are bound to Frisk. Asriel's memories and personality have been retained and are actually 'alive' - he just needs a SOUL.

Surely, it isn't as hopeless as you think!

Thanks for the nice art!

You have diametrically opposed problems: No soul for Asriel, no body for Chara. There was a list of possible solutions for Asriel a thread or two back.

>He has, or Frisk generates for him, enough DETERMINATION to stay as himself
>Frisk gives part (or all) of their soul to him
>The husk of Chara serves as his soul, or actually is his original soul, kept intact by Chara's stubborness (Obviously precludes Chara restoration)
>Souless Frisk/Chara gets a-murdering for souls
>Actual time travel or some kind of super RESET to prevent the incident
>The slow path: Show lots of love and friendship to Flowey and hope he gets it
>The super slow path: Spend a lifetime hanging out with Flowey, Frisk bequeaths their soul on their deathbed
>Wildcard: Gaster Shenanigans
>Mother's Love: The Boss Monster mechanic of aging involves passing their soul power down to their child, this could create and nurture a new soul
>Create an artificial soul by other means
>Crossover explanations
>One of the human souls volunteers to stay with him

Haven't a baldy how to handle Chara, save for time travel

Greetings.

I haven't checked to be sure, but I'm almost certain Asriel brought Chara's corpse back before he died - their coffin resides empty by the throne room, and I assume Toriel brought their corpse into the ruins to bury them (golden flowers from the village stuck to the corpse, and grew under the hole where Chara was buried and Frisk fell)

I don't recall if it ever explicitly mentions if the combined soul of Asriel and Chara shattered after Asriel's body died. Asriel is able to release all of the monster and human souls after your fight with him, so it IS possible to separate souls after they've merged or been absorbed, so I'd like to believe it's possible that Chara and Asriel's souls could've separated when Asriel's body was killed - allowing Chara's soul to return to their corpse, maybe?

I don't know if human souls are capable of 'sticking around' without containment like the canisters Asgore uses, though. Frisk's soul fucking explodes instantly when they die, so...

It's been brought up a few times before, but there's a theory that this machine in the True Lab contains Chara and Asriel's combined soul.
It would tie into Gaster stuff.

When I first saw the name "Dreemurr" I instantly thought "Damn, that's some full on furry OC tier shit." It kind of surprised me Toby would go with something as tacky as that. "Dreamer" as the name already implies wouldn't be that strange to be used as a name.

That's really interesting. Horrifying, actually, but still a really cool theory

It's an anagram of Murderer.

Giving that any second thought it makes even less sense.

Asriel Dreemurr is an anagram of serial murderer.

Who is the worst characterfag?

I claim the glory

>Chara is almost assuredly the game narrator as almost all evidence suggests,

While I do agree with you to some extent, I and a lot of other people don't necessarily buy into all of that theory. Nevertheless, that's not the topic at hand. Chara is a more difficult case because not only do their pretty clearly lack a soul as well, but they're attached to Frisk.

How strong is that bond? Strong enough to assume control given some circumstances, so it'd make any attempt at separation very difficult and potentially dangerous.

As for Flowey, I've actually seen at least one person suggest he might be able to feel love, he's just too deeply traumatized to evoke the feeling, built on the fact that PTSD sufferers also sometimes lose their sense of compassion and empathy. Long shot, but perhaps in some manner possible, if his soul only exists in shards, so he can't really detect the feelings of love anymore?

I'll be honest, I hate this theory, only because it suggests that everyone in the Underground besides Gaster is a titanic retard, who never once realized there's a soul powering the place. While I'm totally on board with giving Gaster hidden knowledge etc, I heavily dislike it when it's done at the expense of everyone else being dumb as a sack of bricks and hammers

Asriel has his mind but the wrong body and no soul.
His form would need to be fixed into that of a Boss Monster, a change that seemingly needed the equivalent of 7 Human Souls of power.
He would also need a Boss Monster soul, one that had a connection to his parents in order to let him and them age.
Finally, Asriel would actually have to want it, part of me feels that Flowey might choose to stay as he is, but with a soul, perhaps not identifying as the Boss Monster he was, but the Flower he is now.

Chara is a lot more interesting.
But lets say they're more mellow in the True Pacifist ending.
Their body would need to be exhumed and cloned, but given that this is a world with healing magic it might just be possible to completely restore it.
They would also need a new human soul. Perhaps you can grow one from a sliver of Frisk's? Perhaps is correct and Chara's souls is around?
Unlike Asriel, Chara would eagerly go for a new body, though I expect that they would be quite clingy to Frisk.

WHERE'S THE LAMB SAUCE!?

It is worth noting that Chara develops a new physical form by the end of genocide, so it is possible there is a way for a lost SOUL or ghost or whatever Chara is to, with enough power, generate a new form to live in. But it is also worth noting Chara might not want to be revived in a TP ending, as they would have to live with non-Frisk humans again with the monsters.
"""""Lamb Sauce""""""

Well anyone who hurt Chara on the surface is probably dead, so they might be more up for it.

>It is worth noting that Chara develops a new physical form by the end of genocide

Possession. The word you're looking for is possession, there's nothing to indicate that the Chara you see before you is a separate physical entity, especially because when considering humans in general, LV means jack shit. LV 20 Chara could get their head bashed in by the first human with a shovel.

Heart pupils are so good

yes they are
Sorry - i don't have any goats.

post HARDCORE INTERRACIAL

>I and a lot of other people don't necessarily buy into all of that theory.

Assuming you haven't already read it, there's a super long post called "A CHARActer Analysis" someone made - it's pretty much a textbook example of over-analysis, but it was more than enough for me to believe the theory wholeheartedly.

Does this count?

not him, but the only issue i have with charrator is that people take it way too far
as if chara actually needed to narrate: "you took the astronaut food"

Ah fuck - I forgot to put a spoiler on it...
Sorry.

>Assuming you haven't already read it, there's a super long post called "A CHARActer Analysis" someone made - it's pretty much a textbook example of over-analysis, but it was more than enough for me to believe the theory wholeheartedly.

I know this one and I don't take any post seriously that claims with unflinching look that Chara went to Ebott to commit suicide. This gets even better via knowing the person behind this, who upon being question regarding this claimed that Chara suiciding is absolutely canon, the only reason Toby didn't graphically show it is to keep the game's age rating low.

Undertale doesn't have an ESRB rating.

>Chara suiciding is absolutely canon
it is though

What Does Toby do nowdays?
Is he working on some new game or just swim in all money he has?

I don't think that Chara narrates every single line of dialogue, but I think that they're responsible for a majority of the narrator text you see.

I don't think it's fair to discount the rest of the post because the OP made one arbitrary claim you disagree with. They have a lot of strong analysis, otherwise - it's not as if you can only either agree with the entire post or none of it at all.

strawpoll.me/12487864

Important poll

Of course, the only answer is (you

Jerking off to gfur.

He's asleep right now.
We're very happy together.

and the only person they ever hurt is themselves, the laughter at Asgore's poisoning was to hide the hurt, the creepy smile during Genocide is just to hide the pain of being controlled/corrupted and Flowey being made of Asriel's dust is also just a theory like Narrachara because nobody ever says it outright, I know the deal

Here's my biggest problem then: it's a backwards theory. The writer started with the conclusion and then proceeded to build backwards, trying to fit every single line with Chara. It it *mostly* works. Mostly. Most of it really does fit somewhat, but some others are either very headscratching or difficult to really connect.

What's worse, value judgments are made as well, despite the fact that if you take everything at face value Chara really is kind of schizophrenic in the narration at best.

>because the OP made one arbitrary claim you disagree with.

If I start my explanation of the universe with "the earth is flat" how seriously will you take me? Starting with "Chara is suicidal" is an explanation for everything regarding their personality, when at very best it's headcanon. Sure, preferred headcanon for a lot of people, but still.

Toby has some good taste

Hell yeah he does.
What is taking Sigma X so long?

What's Sigma X?

I made a gfur joke and, well - that's what he does. He draws really good gfur smut.

>The writer started with the conclusion and then proceeded to build backwards

Yup, I agree. Like I said before, I think a decent amount of it is over-analysis. But I also still think that a lot of it is totally plausible. We can't know for certain, of course.

>If I start my explanation of the universe with "the earth is flat" how seriously will you take me?

While I don't think that's necessarily a fair comparison to make, I understand the point you're giving, and why you find yourself disagreeing with the theory. Fair enough =)

Sometimes I think people are weird for still caring about all this lore stuff but then I realize that i'm weird for not caring about it and yet still posting here

Oh well

Okay now I recognize him

I've just accepted that I am weird.

>While I don't think that's necessarily a fair comparison to make, I understand the point you're giving, and why you find yourself disagreeing with the theory.

I'm definitely embellishing for the sake of a somewhat humorous tone, but it definitely is part of the reason why I'm skeptical. With that said, I do like the overall theory, although I also prefer to give some of the narration to Frisk, considering at least some lines are weird for Chara when put next to others.

>Fair enough =)

Yep! Don't get me wrong, I'm just pointing out why I don't like that one in particular, or elements of it, I'm fine with the general theory. If you lean more towards this one, it's all cool, you also seem to recognize it may go overboard in certain points, which means you know how to evaluate it, which is already more than a lot of people are willing to do. Good on ya, user.

>tfw no scans et
I am literally shaking

>His form would need to be fixed into that of a Boss Monster, a change that seemingly needed the equivalent of 7 Human Souls of power.

His dialogue when you go visit him implies he'd be able to keep his form with just a single soul.

Maybe it's like Morphogenic Fields in Discworld, where once a person or object has been in a certain form, it's a lot easier to change to that form than it would be to change it directly. Bloody pumpkins.

well when you've seen it discussed it for the millionth time i dont really blame you

Yeah, ok. Let's stop here before things get out of hands.
Though all that SigmaX talk made me open my gfur folder again, and...

Don't worry about it, goatdad.
I still love the game but i can enjoy it (and it's fandom) without looking for every tiniest plot point and lore related thing.
There's more of us like that. I just suppose we're not that vocal about it.

If that one user ever fixed his shit he said he was going to buy it and scan it

It's acceptable to turn up for art and music and funnies

>His dialogue when you go visit him implies he'd be able to keep his form with just a single soul.

What user?
I am in desperate search of it. I have hope that Undertale have strong Fanbase will lead to it being bough by someone who will scan it and share with the rest of us.

About two or three threads ago someone was taking requests for stuff to buy. I recommended that one and a kingding and they said they were going to buy it along with that Toriel x Alphys x Undyne and a couple of Mettaton ones.
They had an issue with actually paying for them though so they had to contact customer service. I don't know what happened with it afterwords but I hope they get everything worked out and still order them

I would pray for it then.
Where would this user post it in case he would scan it though?
I don't want to miss on it...

No idea but if I see it anywhere i'll save the link for you

Thank you very much user, I appreciate it.

I think they said support got back to them and it worked.

Did they? Well hopefully the get it soon and feel like scanning them then

He doesn't say that. Although from a logical point of view it would make sense, after all If that body is an exact replica of his original It wouldn't make sense that It needs more Soul Power to function.

Huh, I could have sworn he said something to that effect when you go visit him in the ruins after this. Guess I got mixed up.

Hey, user!
Let's check out /trash/!

let's not

Okay I just posted something over there

Oh~
In the Undyne thread?
Or maybe in the gfur thread?

bara thread actually

noice

>tfw purchased my first bara kemono artbook.
I hope it will arrive soon.

>tfw gfur thread constantly is an argument between a bigot, a junkie and a scalie on top of reusing the same dozen pictures of comfy

Yeah - i can see now that they're arguing about lesbians.
Just like on /utg/ yesterday...
I bet it's one of you guys

But i don't mind that.
I don't visit gfur threads that often so the smut they're posting is new to me.

cool
Wonder if its the same guy who keeps posting cuntdudes and botching about fat people in the bara threads

What's your favorite AU, /utg/?

Unironically

I kind of like Underfell

underfell
a little too much honestly

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE KING SANS FIGHT

>the worst character is Sans

The rule rings true every time.
When you go to a board or thread made specifically for discussing a certain topic, they will ALWAYS be the biggest hipsters about it.

It's pretty good when it's done right.
youtube.com/watch?v=dY8u_zjSBFk
Also Alpha Flowey is too cute.

Underslam

Sans is honestly pretty boring and his fans are all terrible

Slightly comedic Underfell.
Underkeep(I think) -- the one with the fancy dresses
Oceantale and Arctictale for comfy
Does Caretaker count?

>Does Caretaker count?
why wouldn't it?

i've missed a lot, what's caretaker?

The one with adult Chara

chara is in toriel's place
it's a comic

Dunno, I've seen people get weird about what they consider an AU or not.

What and said, though for once it's not a swap.

Handsome gay Chara

Is Underfell meant to be satirical or is it wholeheartedly unironically just that edgy and DeviantArt tier?

Because if it's a tongue in cheek gag then it wouldn't be so bad.

Depends.
Sometimes it's done camp, like The Addams Family.
Sometimes it's completely serious.
Sometimes it's an excuse for strangely cute stuff like Sometimes it's just skeleton porn with different colours.

both
it was first just everyday edge, nothing on either extreme. fans do the satire/unironic deviantart stuff
it speaks to my inner edgy child