/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Stupid Windia Edition

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/

Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/

Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.puppygames.titanattacks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for ghost blade came out

Indeed. I updated the OP a bit and included it in the recent releases. I almost thought about putting Danmaku Unlimited 3 in recent releases since it comes out tomorrow, but I thought it might be better not to in case they Zangeki Warp us and delay it on the supposed release day.

I also debated removing Blue Revolver from recent releases because it seems like the devs abandoned it already, but... well, I guess I kept it in.

is it good for a beginner?

no idea, i'm waiting for reviews

>Bio-Hazard Battle
this shit stupidly hard, how i should beat it

>I also debated removing Blue Revolver from recent releases because it seems like the devs abandoned it already
Would you have removed Mecha Ritz, RefRain, Shmups Skill Test and Witch-Bot Meglilo as well? They are older.

Or just Blue Revolver, since that seems to be the game shit on the most out of the recent releases.

>that seems to be the game shit on the most out of the recent releases.
well they did abandon it

Bump

How do you even fuck up that badly with a shmup? It's not like BR was even that complex, they made it in Lua with Love2D and the game itself was pretty generic, there's no reason why they should have abandoned it.

requesting shmupmame savestates for dodonpachi and DOJ

I had them on my old pc, like an idiot I wiped that. The ones that had everything including the second loop and hibachi.

tfw when you just realize you created those DDP savestates through savescumming that took hours and now you have to redo it all

>there's no reason why they should have abandoned it.
money

humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

>tfw 190

forever subhuman

No, just Blue Revolver. The reason being because it was released without features considered standard for shmup releases with the promise of adding them soon, but they then turned around and abandoned the game without fulfilling those promises. If I'm wrong then go ahead and correct me, but it sounds very scummy.

I've not heard about the devs of other games listed in our recent releases doing such things, but if they have then feel free to correct me I guess.

My guess is either that sales were just THAT underwhelming compared to what they expected that they dismissed it as a lost cause immediately (they did outright say that BR just didn't sell well), or it's an undisciplined dev team that got way too eager to move on to its next project and left BR behind as a result. Maybe both.

>336
welp

Anyone know what the deal with Formula's shot type is? It seems terrible. Is it point blank only?

>My guess is either that sales were just THAT underwhelming compared to what they expected that they dismissed it as a lost cause immediately (they did outright say that BR just didn't sell well)
What the fuck were they expecting?
>make game in a niche genre
>put no effort into advertising it
>release it at the same time as DDPDFK
>why didn't it sell well?

Formula's shots only go a certain length, so in AC mode they go about half a screen, in CS mode they probably cover most of the screen.

It's good because you don't have to worry about a bullet cap or anything, you can shoot forever unlike with most of the other ships.
But it can be pretty fucked when an enemy is too far away for you to deal with them. You'd have to move forward to shoot them and be more at risk of getting hit.

Also, it's the fastest ship in the game!

Should i buy this? There no different modes, only 3 difficulty

Port is good, music is good. I just feel it is a bit bland, nothing interesting in it.

Bump

22th for kill all fish

>How do you even fuck up that badly with a shmup?
by being an opportunist Glaswegian cuck.

Can you wankers share some views on
Zangeki Warp?

yes

It's a warping game, not a shmup

>ikaruga is a color changing game, not a shmup

thats true though

It's really good. Levels and bosses make good use of the warp mechanic, and the power-up system lets you build the shot type however you want.

Probably my favorite Astro Port game, though Satazius is pretty close.

how hard satazius compared with ZW

I found Satazius to be harder, though I played it back when I was getting into shmups. I haven't gone back to it since getting "better", though, so I can't give an accurate comparison.

Time to go back to work. Stay alive, /shmupg/!

How's THIS for a ketsui stage 1 score, huh?!

I-it's my first time... it's pretty cool, and the music is great. Did stage 1 without dying! Although it really was pretty easy, that's probably no accomplishment...

>mame

Pretty casual but free

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.puppygames.titanattacks

hhmmmm

truth

That's a blatant lie!

danmaku unlimited 2 is free today in the google play store.

Thanks for the heads up familia

This user understands

Debatable

Didn't even try/10

That picture was clearly fabricated. Casper does not have red eyes!

How hyped are we for danmaku unlimited 3?

hyped enough to wish I wasn't broke, wouldn't mind getting ghost blade and bullet soul either.

Ghost blade is a bit meh desu, give it a pirate first

Casper is an angel.

Where can I download previous versions of Blue Wish Resurrection Plus? Blue Wish and Blue Wish Resurrection? Even the dev doesn't host them on his site.

Also, the google docs highscore is pathetic.

I knew it!!

Maybe Doujinstyle ?

Exactly.

I hear reports that she does when the blood lust takes her...

Those reports are wrong. Casper's eyes don't change color when she's killing, they stay the same. And she only kills demons. And stuffed animals. Demonic stuffed animals.

Bahmpu~

I am pretty sure there is a broader range of victims than that...

Last bahmpu before bed~

Keep flying, /shmupg/

another game with retarded control setting, wow!

BR programming was done by 1 guy who has other projects to code for money, so chances are that he just has no time for now

t. BR tester

reminder that DFK has 6 months after release:
missing slowdown in arrange A and B (absolutely none, not inaccurate)
absolutely broken leaderboards with scores being posted to the wrong modes (carryover from previous ports)
downloaded replays are broken 90% of the time (same as above)
Arrange A still has the crash bug from the 360 version
All modes seem to randomly lock up after dying on stage 5, same as the 360 version
Arrange A hibachi never spawns, the achievement is literally impossible to get without hacking
Black Label generates way too many hits from countering lasers at some points (compared to 360, not pcb)

BR is still the more functional game

that didnt help it for shit though
and now its dead on the fucking floor

like the whole genre

i mean
you're not wrong

What's wrong? Shot focus bomb, all looks normal to me

Arrow keys for movement normies pls go

is this one of these korean mmo players?

it's a malaysian dota2 player

hello people
I need your help in figuring out what shmup I played when I was a kid

basically I lived in korea until I was like 13, and visited lots of arcades after school

I believe the popular games I played at the arcade at that time was stuff like Metal Slug (neogeo), 1945 series, Waku Waku 7 (it's a fighting game), Ninja Baseball Batman - to give you an idea of what kind of games / hardware we had

there was this shmup I remember VERY vaguely, and I can't find it no matter how hard I look - I'm starting to believe it was either a very obscure game or I just don't remember it correctly

it was a side scroller (left to right) and had a few stages with ancient Asian style houses in the background (you know, like the weird roofing..)

theme was usually very dark I believe

does anyone remember something like that? Is there a convenient list of old shmups (released before say.. 2001) that I can go look up? I would love to play it again. thanks

samurai aces

good try but it was a side scroller (left to right)
I appreciate the help!

sengoku blade

THIS SPECIFIC PART RIGHT HERE
I remember it so vividly
thank you, that's the right one!!

where is zangeki warp leaderboard

>Arrow keys for movement
what sort of weirdo plays with keyboard?

>wasting money on a stick when you've already got a perfectly good control method

>perfectly good

So why isn't Bullet Soul in the upcoming releases section of OP's post?

stale meme

why Ghost Blade didn't save my scores

is ghost blade shit

Does anyone know if DU3 has that weird level up system from 2? I just want a dot dodging game, not an RPG.

>Music is by BLANKFIELD from Japan, who does awesome remixes of Touhou
Dropped.

>t. BR tester
And yet none of you addressed the stupid as fuck movement speed? You're a fucking shambles outfit son.

>BR is shit, b-but Cave!
T. Banana

It doesn't matter much in DU2, you max it out after a few runs.

the sound is the worst part of DU2

Delete this

i fucking hate lolis
is there any shmup that lets me destroy them

DFK I guess?

Anyone tried Super Stardust on PS4?
I finally tested it, and it's really nice. There's only 1001 people who played it (how do I know? Well I have the worst score everywhere).
I wish devs don't think that people doesn't care about shmup and arcade games in general, well it's true that they don't care but still. I need more arcade game.

the du3 trailer makes the game look fun

The music in the trailer was good!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

bump
someone else have problems with leaderboard?

noice. I will play it just for stealing ideas and shit to my own game. Kek.

>my own game

that's no okra!

How's DU3, /shmupg/?