Blogging

Anyone here have a successful blog? My plan is to start a blog and do 10 posts per week. How many posts / how much time did it take you to start making money? is $10,000 a reasonable goal after a year / 500 blog posts?

Bump
I'm also interested since I could have earned money with an old blog. I'm now interested into making a new one that will be a gold mine but I am still unsure about it

I've been meaning to start one soon so I'll just throw a couple of pointers that I've written down from people who have been running a successful blog for a while. First off, quality > quantity. No set amount of posts is going to make you any cash if you're writing uninformed drivel. You need to write clear, informative, educated articles but still not bore your readers by swarming them with facts and numbers. Preferably, write about stuff you're knowledgeable and confident about so you spare yourself the hours upon hours of research you'll need to do.
Find your own niche; writing about video games and movies might be fun and easy but it's too common, everyone's a game/movie critic nowadays so carving out a name for yourself there could prove very difficult

Yes. I own a blog that gets about ~30k uniques per month. Make about $500-600 USD per month. Have about 30 posts up. Niche is Apple hardware, software and general how-to style tech tips.

I dont know much about blogs 2bh
But what i do know is you better start vlogging on YT if you have charisma and a good voice. That is where the big money is.
If you dont have an interesting life, go vlog about videogames.

do you use a free hosting service or a paid one?

In my old blog I used to post shit that I found funny but it's kinda cringy right now. I am thinking about turning it into a healthy food blog, explaining things about nutrition and recipes. Do you guys think that niche will be fine or is my blog going to get lost between the other existing ones about the same topic?

Some questions:

1) How do you monetize
2) How did you start from scratch? Did you ever pay for advertisement/traffic bump until you got your natural 30k's?
3) What do you use to host it? (godaddy, namecheap or whatever)
4) Im paranoid about getting doxed throught the site. How do I stay anonymous?

>I am thinking about turning it into a healthy food blog, explaining things about nutrition and recipes. Do you guys think that niche will be fine or is my blog going to get lost between the other existing ones about the same topic?

Show tits, soccer mom.

Paid hosting. This should not even be a question. Hosting is like

My Tumblr is almost 4 years old with thousands of posts and I've never had more than 90 followers.
But I don't make a lot of original posts so I don't get a lot of attention. That said, I've picked up a lot about how to get views.

Tumblr is harder to monetize than a more traditional blog, but they're rolling out an affiliates program soon. It's pretty easy to get views there if you have a genuine interest in anime and video games, because you can exploit fads. I made a list of "tips and tricks" for Overwatch that still gets notes a few times a week despite being outdated, and the other day I got a couple hundred notes just for posting screenshots from an old interview with Araki. You can also bait the SJW crowd for free advertising, but you have to be careful not to go full /pol/ or you'll only get edgelords. The site's culture has been moving towards moderation for a while now.

Having an interesting niche really helps. There's a blog I follow run by a guy who's really not a great writer, but he posts a lot of historical trivia and antique firearms, so he's got 30,000 followers.

There are also content blogs like "fyspringfield" (Simpsons screenshots) that get paid to post advertisements for their thousands of followers to see. Don't know what they make, though.

Also if you're a girl or a trap, people will buy you free stuff.

Does anyone have a recommended platform. Is it possible to make money using blogger or WordPress?

Hey man I got a blog question for you, but don't wanna ask here. Could you post a throwaway email so I can email you?

Thanks.

>My Tumblr is almost 4 years old with thousands of posts and I've never had more than 90 followers.

This is how I'm feeling with my YouTube channel. I've been making high quality content, well produced and well researched, and the only thing I've gotten in the past two months is I've lost one subscriber. Down to 4. One of whom is a random dead channel that followed me 5 years ago and another is a guy I know in real life.

This is fucking infuriating, and all that does is make me even more stubborn that I'm going to turn this channel into a success.

clearly you aren't kike enough or ugly enough to succeed

What a stupid question. How long is a piece of string?

Why would a blog in Urdu about shoe-laces make 10K per year?

Your better of getting 1 quality post than 10 shit ones. When you get around 30 post then you can monetise. I aim for 2-3 post a week but I just steal others content that I know is performing well and re write the whole thing so it has the same meaning but sounds different.

[email protected]

Reply to this comment so I get a (You) and know to check it once you send an email.

How much do you make on average? What platform do you use? Also is stealing a legit strategy?

One of these days I wondered if I could pitch for cracked

then I realized I could do much better if I started my own cracked style blog

Is comedy and curiosity still a good niche?

>20/20/60

So most of your money comes from related sales of product (in this case what your affiliates have.) I have two different niches I know a lot about, but only one I could sell digital product for. If you can't sell anything or link to affiliates for sales, basically you are relying on adsense and AA?

What do you know about marketing? How would a new blog get its name out there? I can only figure participate in online communities and namedrop yourself, but I don't want to. I hate talking with non-channers because they're thin skinned shit for brains. Any other method?

Stealing is legit but you have to have unique content so it needs to be written and past plagiarism test. You can pay people on article writing sites. Don't user fiverr they will con you use a proper service like iwriter.com etc. I use wordpress and make a good bit. I been doing it for 4 years and didn't make anything for 2 because I was doing so much shit wrong.

I started a Tumblr blog a few months ago and I already have 30K followers. Just reposting pics I find on Veeky Forums and reddit.

I mean, I guess this blog is not leveragable to make money, but clearly you are doing something wrong.

What's the channel about? I'll subscribe if you're interesting.

>If you can't sell anything or link to affiliates for sales, basically you are relying on adsense and AA?

There is always a product you can sell, digital or physical, for any niche. Think of things indirectly related e.g. you post about best hiking spots, sell grip strength trainers for rock climbers/hikers. If your posts are more for information seekers ("How to do X"), you can collect emails using an opt-in form and a content upgrade ("Enter your email and receive our free PDF on X"). Once they are on your email list, you can market them offers related to X.

>What do you know about marketing?

Started out knowing the basics of SEO, backlinking, etc. AuthorityHacker podcast and blog is really good for people building a niche affiliate site. I learned tons from there.

> I can only figure participate in online communities and namedrop yourself, but I don't want to. I hate talking with non-channers

It doesn't matter if you want to or not. This isn't about being cozy. You do it to make money. If you only want to talk to people on Veeky Forums, then go ahead but don't expect to make money doing it.

Generally, the beauty of the authority site/niche site model is that SEO ranking happens organically for low competition, highly targeted longtail keywords. It will take several months to index and rank. You can speed this up by gaining backlinks, posting HELPFUL content to online communities (think about creating an infographic for a post, then sharing that on Pinterest/FB/forums/etc), you can create online followings on instagra/facebook/pinterest/wherever. It's going to take: time, money, effort. Choose 2 and the 3rd will come for free.

Sent it thx.

>2) I bought the site a few months ago actually. It was doing ok ($100-200 USD/mo) but had a lot of room for improvement.
ehh so you bought a site that already existed instead of of starting from scratch? why would he sell it if it was making 150 bucks on average

I can't remember the last time I visited a standalone blog. Are they still popular? Or are we talking about clickbait "articles"?

I bought a blog for $200k. It turned out to be a scam, and it's only making $150 a day and not what the seller stated or had in his Adsense screenshots.

>swift trucks

Post it fag

What site did you buy the blog from ?

I launched a website last month with around 30 pages. It's probably because my website is still new, but Google seems to be quite skeptical about my site. My site is almost impossible to find in the search results as of yet.

How do you guys do your marketing? Is guestposting still the best way to get backlinks?

would it work if I reworded popular English articles in my mother tongue ?

It's quite easy to just pull a text out of your ass. I mean, if you want to talk about phones you just read a few phone reviews and you can talk about that. If you want to write about dieting then you tell people to eat fruit and move their ass. If you want to write about video games you can pretty much review a game based on screenshots or a lets play. If you need inspiration you just look at what others are doing. Making unique content isn't that hard. There is no need to steal anything. It's better to become an authority yourself.

A few weeks ago I read that some user had a blog where he pretended to be a mom.

I get the point but I simply cannot find a niche that seems realizable
i always end up thinking "theres no way anyone will buy this kind of shit after having visited my website" because I have 0 web dev skills and i can't afford someone to make a reactive and "trendy" site for me

So using popular and successful websites as a model sounded like a good idea, especially since I would not be plagiarizing directly

Do you have any back links already?

No dofollow backlinks yet.

So most people just buy hosting and use WordPress and that'll get me a decent website going?

But my twitter has about 600 followers already.