Would a brazilian equivalent of the 2001 3.8 Holden Commodore/Opel Omega for 19...

Would a brazilian equivalent of the 2001 3.8 Holden Commodore/Opel Omega for 19.000 Brazilian Reals (Roughly around 6k american dollars) be a decent/worth purchase?

no only ss

Let me ask you this first. Do you plan to modify said car?
If yes, then no. Go for a V8 instead.
If no, then go for it. The 3800 V6 is reliable if nothing else.

What engine did they get? Stay away from the autos get
>the manual
He's a huehue but even 6k for a dunnydoor is expensive

Don't bother, commodores are shit.

Surely theres cheaper cars in brazil; you guys shit in the street. V8 or nothing.

Actually, buy the 3.8. Put a big exhaust and chevy badge on it please.

Woops. Do what dickheads in the us do and stick a holden badge on it.

No, I don't. The only mod I'm probably adding is converting it to a NGV so I can make it more viable to urban use.

Yes, there are cheaper cars than the Omega/Commodore. I'm stuck between it and the Accord or a Civic, you can find some Accords that are a grand cheaper. Thing is, most of them are in a pretty shit state of conservation, and many times over 200k kilometers (I don't plan in switching it anytime soon bc I'm still not off uni, can't dedicate myself to a full time job yet), and the 2003-04 Civics aren't much cheaper than the Omega.

All reliable cars, but the hondas are much more reliable. The commonwhore will be thirsty on fuel. Unless you plan on doing skids and burnouts on the regular, I wouldn't get the commonwhore.

Did you guys only get the VT series (the one pictured) or did you get other ones too? Do they call it the Chevy Lumina like they do in South Africa?

I'm from Paraguay, and i saw one that looks just like this one on the road some years ago.
The Omega was sold here for many years, but it was quite expensive

The only Luminas we got are the old wagons, because they only produced the Omega/Commodore and it's variants until 1998, the other ones are imported that got popular and had many replacement parts produced (that's why they're popular down here despite being imports). We call them "the Australian Omegas".

The case with the Hondas is different though, afaik we produce Accords, even though in a lesser scale, until today, and everyone loves the civics, from the 90's to the '17 model.

Oh, that's a beauty.

New Omegas are expensive af here because they're imports, I believe that it may or may not be your case as well. The old ones are fine though, making for quite popular used cars here.

The most "common" model here is the first gen one, identical to the Opel Omega A
And i mean "common" because i haven't seen one in years

>Imported
>More than ten years old

If I had money enough to sustain one I'd buy a newer and local car.

Ah, it's the same situation in here as well. They've only produced the Omega until '98 here, before the Omega B came (the one I'm looking for). It must've been a common thing in GM South American industrial parks.

That's why I'm considering a used Civic/Accord as well. I'm heavily interested in sedans, so they kinda appeal to me. As far as I know, by many sources, the older Civics and Accords are fine to keep in Brazil, their sustain costs are low and eventual part replacements are really uncommon.

But if everything fails, I can see myself buying an Fiat Uno or something like it, then hate myself for the next years.

The Uno is quite cheap to run and it's not bad in reliability
And for us south americans, the aftermarket is huge

Yeah I know that, you can have one of these little dudes for over a decade without hassle. So it's indeed an option to consider.

What about a Gol?

I think the Japanese cars are a better choice. I see imported cars abandoned around and offered cheap to sell, I became wary of them.

I prefer the Gol over the Uno, but the Unos are typically cheaper than the Gols. Someone told me that, for example, you can get a 2012 Uno for the price of a 2010 Gol.

There's also the Fiat Palio (another nice little car, quite common here)

Or if you want something very cheap, you can go for a Chevrolet Celta, but i don't know much about the build quality of it

And finally, if you're into something a bit older, there's the Kadett or the Monza