What are you going to do once your engine dies?

what are you going to do once your engine dies?

get a little shitty pickup unless the supercharged yaris is out in north america by then

Get a used engine and keep on going
Probably 10k

have someone replace it for $1500+

I bought a miata for $100 and the engine blew up after about 2 years, gonna cost around $2k to get a reman put in. Don't think it's worth it, so I'm just gonna scrap it.
So instead I'm thinking about getting a used Ecoboost Mustang with the Ford Performance Package.

Around here engines last longer than the body

I dont drive a modern shitbox loaded with frag warheads all over the place timed by shitty electronics
my engine will live eternal on fury road faggot
(especially since I'll be rebuilding it as soon as I got my other car running)

Rebuild it into or replace it with a crate engine that makes a lot more power.

Pop a new one in. Never done it before but when I'm inevitably in that situation I'll have to learn

I've never owned a car long enough or shitty enough for that to happen.

why dont you be a man and drop in a junkyard engine

t. first year driver

Put yet another head on it or 5.0 swap.

I've owned at least 15 cars, kid

>at least
>doesn't know

So you just borrow whatever your folks own?

How hard is that?

No, I buy a new car about every other year

Depends on the car and the condition of the engine and what tools you have. Could be a 5 hour job, could be a 5 day job.

>Vortec 5.3
>dying

Ya I dont think it will.

My engine has 188k miles on it, but still has good compression and doesn't burn any oil surprisingly so I still have a lot of life left out of it. I'm planning on owning this truck for a lot longer so maybe at 250-300k I'll do a rebuild.

If the engine ever kabooms I'd probably just put in another VG33E instead of the VQ35DE that also was available in my model truck because those seem to have more problems then the VG33E. LS engines apparently can work with Corvette accessory pieces but I don't really care how fast my DD is.

vr6 swap. boost.

Try to fix it if it's not too expensive

projecting user, projecting

Same thing I did the last time it blew up:
Pull one at a junkyard and drop it in.
Or what I did the time before that: replace/rebuild the top-end.

t. 2004 Chevrolet Aveo owner

Get another ls1 cunt $500 and a case of Cooper's dikhes

Excuse you

Sell the car to someone on Veeky Forums cause cars with blown engines is all you faggots can afford.

It only has 170K on it, i think it will be a while before it naturally dies.

When it ever does though, i'll buy an MR2, IS300, or LS400.

by the time the 2.0 skyactiv dies in my miata, I'll find a crashed RX-9 and salvage the dorito from it

>choosing the shit rx8 renesis rotary and not the 13b

the RX9 is going to use the RX8 rotary? my engine is only a year old, I'm looking 10+ years in the future

oh misread the rx-9 for rx8. who knows if its coming out. if it does its probably going to be some bullshit hybrid eco sports sedan.

former 04 Aveo owner here also

fuck 04 Aveos

I'll just get a new one, they're like 1000 dollars used.

Such a shit car.
Timing belts every 10k or blown engine.
Less horsepower and torks than my motorcycle.
Cheap rattle plastic everywhere.
Too light for suspension to actually do anything.
Steering wheel tiny.
Seats uncomfortable.
No cargo room.
Incapable of speeds >80mph.

A fucking REMANUFACTURED Audi/Volks 1.8T engine is $4800, so I guess I'll be back to riding the bus. Mine only has 82000 miles on it though so it should be a good long time.

I hope you die

The car was less than $10 new, what did you expect, a fucking Maybach? Of course it's a cheap piece of shit.

that's not a vr6 user

that's a normal 3 liter V6.

i think you meant to post this, V6 Cayennes were actually VR6 powered.

I think you misunderstood the post, I'd assumed his current engine is the 3.0 v6 and once it dies it's gonna be the vr6

Not to mention it's fucking gook shit

preciseley. cant work with an AVK for shit. vr6 says harder daddy when boosted and so does getrag six speed. bolt up swap!!!

Get a warranty replacement. My car is only 2.5 years old.

end it all

It's an S54b16, so a rebuild with improved components is still going to be cheaper than buying a new one.

Maybe pull it out and put a 5.0 V8 in it.

IS THAT THE CHICKEN?

1j, 2j, or bullet to the brain.

thats a nice photo pham

Wait till mums grocery getter soccer mum vehicle gets marked as totaled then swap the lq9 from it into muh shitbox

I drive an E46 in the UK where the roads get salted, so the car will rust to bits long before the engine dies. Already had cooling system done so should run for many, many years yet.

kill myself

probably say fuck it and go dual netgain warp 11s, maybe a warp13 and call it a night after i strip out everything ICE related and do some weight reduction mods.

>Not winding your own motors
>Not making the stator and motor from scratch.

What are you, a pussy?

the drivetrain might last forever
but the suspension WILL shit itself at one point.

Find a used 1KD-FTV 3.0L and throw it in

Another 65hp and 110nm would be sweet

I don't think it will die , but the turbo probably only has another 50k miles. At which point I'll put on a bigger one and change the headgasket and exhaust.

Owning German cars it's not something I need to worry about. 2 of them have gone around the clock already.

>volvo modular engine
never gonna die senpai.

> Volvo Redblock

Never gonna die, just leak, splutter and weeze

Buy another crate 350 and throw it in on a weekend again, already replaced the original motor before it gave out.

>or LS swap it

Kill myself.

y-you own a hellcat?
bread on hood.

What junkyards are you finding Miatas in? I've never seen one in any yard I've ever been in.

I die.
>suicide my guy

13b-rew or f20c swap, not paying 3k to rebuild a pos renesis.

Burial at sea

>S54b16
literally wut?

ls swap

I'd buy a better car than the econobox I have now because I need a running car
But i'd leave the econobox sitting in the parking lot and fix it on the weekends as a beater/ winter car

My guess with the main bearings in the shape they're in is I've got a couple of years before that happens. The plan is to assemble a new engine to be ready to drop in when the engine I've got in there now finally gives up the ghost. Same block, better parts, better cam and cylinder heads and a shiny new exhaust that I may put on the engine in there now depending how things go.

I didn't buy it, my mom did. Brand-new in '04, she died in 2015. It somehow only had 43k miles on it at that point, had to rebuild the top end of the motor at 58k, and replace it at 75k. 85k miles now, and on engine #2, radiator #3, and timing belt #9.

Fucking Daewoo a shit.

I don't know if I should be glad or sad thay I'm not the only one thinking this.

But maybe, just maybe, my life will be less shitty by then and I'll be in shape to find a new love.

Rebuild it or swap with another inline 6

lower your goddamn car.

swap my na barra for a barra turbo

make the fastest taxi in australia

The engine will be the last thing to go in my shitbox.

Why? I'm heterosexual.

>GT Forester

Any given week I have 1-2 engines on hand that I could drop in, alternatively i'd fork out 1-2k for something shit hot and just spend a morning dropping that in.

not for long B^)

Junkyard 5.3 or iron 6.0 and turbo that mofo

996 Carrera engine swap, probably bore it out to 3.8L and tune it

Lightest production Boxster ever with no traction control or stability management with 400 bhp

D-4D swap

Planning on selling the car long before then.

Also, annual inspections mean you can't just run cars that are about to fail.

>living in a nanny state

Swap a newer 3.6 pentastar into it, manual transmission, and maybe eventual turbo charge.

>IS THAT THE CHICKEN?

Yes.

Now there's hope this shit finally came to an end

How far do you think that spittle went?