/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Fell for the grab attack:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight : sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/eNvRAh7
youtube.com/watch?v=5DYsQvMo2iM
imgur.com/a/A6diD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

a being, presumably a serpent, visited the heavenly daughter Gertrude as an angel and taught her divine pillars of light, which became the foundation of the angelic religion within the kingdom. this religion led to the coup within the kingdom that culminated in the prince refusing to link the flame.

divine "angel" motif can be found from:

1. statue of primordial serpent
2. Gertrude cage
3. lothric boss room
4. winged knights (including painting)
5. oceiros' wings
6. divine pillar of light effect
7. rosaria man-grub divine magic & effect
8. ringed city angel magic & effect

there is a very secure link between the "divine" religion and the way of white, thanks to rosaria's fingers.

the founder of rosaria's fingers was klimt, an archdeacon of the cathedral of the deep. Klimt found rosaria, and chose to worship her as a goddess, relinquishing his saint's bident and making his sacred seal the symbol of his covenant. rosaria's maggots, as a result, wield staves bearing his sacred seal and cast divine magic depicting the saint's bident.

now why is an archdeacon of the cathedral of the deep using a saint's bident, and teaching divine magic? It goes back to the fact that Aldrich was originally a cleric, of the way of white. He developed a penchant for devouring people, which led to a religious following that splintered into its own cult, culminating with the cathedral of the deep. the cathedral is a perversion of the way of white, using their religious artifacts and caste (Klimt), and embracing sorcery over miracles (Archdeacon McDonnell). this all led to the divine bident magic that klimt gave to the man-grubs.

from here all we have to do is compare the angelic motif of the way of white man-grub magic, the serpent divine miracle, and the angels of the dreg heap. they are the same.

the way of white is, in some way, tied to the primordial serpents, and the angelic, curse-inflicting beings protecting the pilgrim abominations.

Should I bother with pyro in 3 if I dont want to go full caster?

does anyone still use cheat engine for ds1?

im trying to respec but CE just freezes whenever I change one of my stats, everything else i tried like no fall damage etc seems to work fine

is it still compatible since they did the steam update thing?

Making a compilation of angel stuff. Anything not so obvious I should include?

in fact, the man-grubs created by rosaria may actually be the same ones that pupate and turn into pilgrim/angel butterflies, which would be why the deep worshipers would choose to imprison her within their cathedral

rosaria's fingers ties the angels somewhat directly into the way of white

Yeah, chaos and dark are strong and there's loads of fire weapons. I have a pyro that just carries warmth around and has no other spells because I suck at casting, but the weapons are great. Also this game is even more fire-based than the others lore-wise so I dunno, it just feels right. Like being a Nord in Skyrim

>wakes up
>realizes that nobody cleaned her room while she was sleeping
How mad will she be ?

It's not so much dirty as overgrown. I'd imagine she's still being protected as well.

Int/faith scaling Velka's rapier when?

Did anyone check what type of damage Divine Pillars and other light spells of the sort do?

miracles all do physical damage

for the record, dark magic did physical damage in dark souls 1

Wait a fucking second...

It's it me or it's the moss actually growing from the ends of her hair?

Would also explain why Pillars tosses your ass.

Pillars does physical damage, but then so does Lothric's WA, blessed weapon and WoG.

Physical damage just seems to be a general miracle thing and not directly tied to angels. For the record, Lothric's white magic in the bossfight does some form of elemental damage and chips through 100% physical defense shields.

What are some of the better pyro weapons? Onyx Blade seems obvious, are there any others?
If you're focusing on leveling pyro stats, is the chaos infusion ever helpful?

>Killing the gimmick dragon with crystal soul spears

I think I've found my favorite new thing to do as a sunbro

Dark magic did pure magic damage in DaS1, it just had some weird scaling interaction via the manus catalyst.

onyx blade, chaos thrall axe (for minimum stat requirement), witch locks (lovely range and cant be parried) and gargoyle flame spear

thats it

lohric's wa and blessed weappon are angelic faith, wog is way of white. 's point is that they're linked

Darklurker and the dragon chime you find in the abyss

>Dark sorceries deal physical damage in addition to magic damage, and deal more damage to stamina and poise than standard sorceries.

chaos longsword

Lothric's sword and BW are related to the kingdom's main religion, the one opposed to angels.

WoG long-predates the angelic faith and has dealt a different damage type in all 3 games.

Morne's WA also deals pure physical damage and comes from a sect of WoW that openly disavows Lloyd

Who up?
anor londo bonfire
pass: dsg
We're running past the silver knights.

>Have no shield
>Have a spear, used two-handed or one-handed with a caestus for parrying
>Poke enemies and outrange them like you are supposed to with a spear
>Parry predictable shots
>Dodge predictable but hard to parry shots, or just dodge to reposition
>PVP a whole bunch today
>Get invited to group "You play like a faggot turtle"
I lol'd. I guess I'm supposed to just stand there or walk into the R1 spam

>a being, presumably a serpent
God, not this nonsense again

it's not the damage type that's important, divine weapons did magic in DaS1 and WotG did lightning in 2, it's moreso that there is a lore link between the magic and miracles of the way of white, and the magic and miracles of the anti-fire angelic religion of lothric, both of which have connections to the sable church.

kiting is a form of turtling. passive play is generally disliked

>picking out miniscule PRESUMPTIONS within a multi-paragraph statement

>kiting is a firm of turtling

Dismissed.

it's passive play. I didn't say don't do it, idgaf

>crystal soul spear does 2k damage on headshots to yhorm
>crystal soul spear does 6k damage on headshots when he staggers

lol the stormruler is for pussies

Anyone who thinks turtling is holding l1 with a shield is an idiot

Are any of you anons getting this and are kind enough to scan it ?

What in the fuck are these? They're ridiculously strong, they killed me dead in 2 hits. I never even saw the BR who invaded me, my world was just filled with red NPC mobs.

gravelord covenant, permanently makes another players world much harder

Gravelord phantoms
They appear when a Gravelord servant uses an eye of death in NG+

Your world is now blessed by Gravelord Nito.

LETS PLAY A GAME
Anons will post two unities (characters/foundations/places)
Other anons will try and correlate those two
you lucky son of a bitch have been gravelorded aka blessed by papa nito. google "gravelord"

it's nito's stand [back from the grave]

Anyone who thinks you're not supposed to avoid damage any way that is efficient is an idiot.

Dodging attacks isn't turtling. Repositioning so your oponent can't counterattack isn't turtling. It's common sense.

P.S. How the hell did these idiots even beat Iundex Gundyr if they think all you're supposed to do to the opponent is run up to them and mash R1? I genuinely want to know.

how much of a wizard are you /dsg/?

I hope you're too intelligent to level physical stats

Agdayne and archdragon peak

COME ONE COME ALL

In just three weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.

Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.
Sign-up sheet is here:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one Steam IDs will be organized via that channel and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Ancient Dragon Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disincentive passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

Requirements to join: Discord and/or Steam ID for organization purposes.

discord.gg/eNvRAh7 - Discord invite.

>actually starting as a sorcerer
>actually going to 60INT on SL80

Two big problems in DaS3 magic, that fucking ugly hat and dagger.

At least in DaS2 you could get a cool dagger and nice hat(s).

No need brain. Me smash. Smash smart.

Is that Gwyndolin sucking his own dick?

I'm going to add the Grotesque Londor Growers (who are completely different) and pilgrim butterflys to this but for now this is where I'm at.

Basically, Emma=Londor Pilgrim=Mysterious angel like creature.

COME ONE COME ALL

In just three weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.
Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.

Sign-up sheet is here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one Steam IDs will be organized via that channel and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Ancient Dragon Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disincentive passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

My level 20 alt has more vigor and endurance than that.

Also, spells are inviable for PVP since they are heavily telegraphed, have a blatant visual and sound cue, and are therefore easily dodged.

Also, what the hell is with the offhand dark hand

The only way this build could ever work is if you use that Young White Branch and hope they don't notice you until you get your spell off, and hope it kills them in one hit.

>Also, what the hell is with the offhand dark hand

it's for taunting people with by spamming l1

Well, ADP is obviously NK's turf and NK's outfit bears quite a few similarities to Agdayne's
>hidden body

>tfw the path of dragons and darkwraith covenants used to be one and the same
>tfw its revealed that the primordial serpents are ancient humans that almost ascended to everlasting dragonhood before deciding to embrace the dark and corrupt the dragon-worshiping pygmies.
>tfw the ringed city fell apart for the same reasons the kingdom of Lothric did: Religious Civil war: This time between the new faith of the Way of White and the corrupted dragonwraiths. This mirriors the conflict in Lothric between the pillars of rule and the angelic cult.
>tfw the Way of White, Velka's Pardoners, the darkwraiths, and the path of dragon covenants can all be traced back to a single church in the ringed city
>tfw the name of the church comes up as
Old Londo's Cathedral

>spells aren't viable
So you've never faced a sorcerer build?

>Also, spells are inviable for PVP

maybe if you're a duelfag, they still work for invasions

Stop spamming this shit, no one cares.

For a pyro its better to stay at 80.

This is all old news.

mrw ds lors is actually better than lotr lore

The famitsu creature is new. Besides, it'll be handy to have it all saved in 1 image.

If your pyro is designed for invasions it's better to stay at even lower levels, like 40-50.

I love that webm

That's some eyes on the inside shit right there.

emma tells you multiple times that prince lothric is to be the one, last lord.

tfw she meant the dark lord

It's not new. We knew about it when Vaati, curse his name, described it from his playthrough

>Grotesque Londor Growers
That's just how Vaati referred to the things that you need to kill to make the Angels disappear ? Isn't that the same thing as the stone humped shit revealed today ?

Yeah, they spam the same attack over and over until you kill them, and put up the homing soulmass every chance, not realizing that you can easily choose when to activate it. Then there's that atrocious giant blue sword that I've never been hit once by.

Only mindless NPC enemies would be beaten by such a build. Or maybe an opponent who didn't see you and got one-shotted.

I thought prince lothric refused to link the fire because of the "First of the Scholars" (Sullyvahn, Ludleth, Aldia) told him not to.

>Dragons and Darkwraiths are connected to eachother.
I don't know about that.

emma is a follower of Lothric's old faith, which is based entirely around firelinking.

I get plenty of invasion at pontiff.

Did someone say AYYS?

It makes no sense her being Emma, Since the old lady is fucking Londor pilgrim, Emma would have to go to Londor, become infected with humanity angel bullshit and go pilgrim then. That also considering Emma fucking dies before we meet the new wetnurse, she might be related to the Lothric family, but she aint fucking Emma.

it's not a matter of invasions though you get less traffic the higher you go, it's pure viability
pyro at SL50 melts people before they can even notice you

>Sacred Bloom Shield
mein neger

There are plenty of viable spells for duels and invasions. Most people are just retarded and don't think to attune things that aren't Soul Spears/Soulmasses.

What weapon level?

The one we meet might have been the wet nurse of Filianore. The scans have specifically mentioned there will be royalty in the DLC

You tell me. :^)

I miss the golem armor, I think it was my favorite set in 1

youtube.com/watch?v=5DYsQvMo2iM

when dark souls removed gfwl did it transfer achievements and automatically unlock steam achievements or did you have to get them all over again

+4-6 depending where you invade

>emma is a follower of Lothric's old faith, which is based entirely around firelinking.

it wasn't just the first scholar, the kingdom was infested with an angelic, divine faith, that actively doubted the linking of the fire. the religion was considered heresy, and it was worshiped in secret. Lothric's three pillars of rule (the priestess emma, the scholar ___, and the knight Lorian) became corrupted with the divine faith, which is why it descended into civil war and collapsed.

It shifted them.

Ok, I think I've decided. I'm gonna make her main weapon a harpe to cut off the genitals off the patriarchy and make her shoot bleeding miracles.

Who's this semen demon ?

No, and that's exactly what I'm typing up now.

>Grotesque Londor Grower

>A pink fleshy creature grows from the corpse of a pilgrim, looking up towards the Angel
If you kill the creature growing out of a Pilgrim's shell, the Angel in the sky dies. The Grower is its vulnerable avatar located somewhere else.

The Grower appears to be different to the Stone-humped Hag. The Stone-humped Hag does not appear to be pink or growing FROM the pilgrims corpse. Rather, it appears to have emerged from it like a butterfly.

Multiple growers exist, one for each angel, but the Stone-humped Hag appears to be unique and singular.
It looks down upon the angels whilst the growers look up.

You're forgetting that pilgrims can't die until they fulfil their duty, which could explain why Emma could survive despite seemingly dying when we see her..

In addition, after her death what's to say she didn't get infected by something else in the time between you killing dancer and whenever the flameless shrine is accessed. Recall we warp far to the future in order to access the kiln.

But Gwyn left Filianore during his reign which was a very long time ago. She'd need to be extremely old in order to still be alive.

But even if that's fine, her dialogue indicates that she conversed with prince lorian.

>From time to time, voices brim in the depths of the cavity, even now.
>Mutterings of the very demon that prince lorian spoke of, i'm sure.

Occams razor would suggest that she was emma rather than an extremely old wet nurse from Gwyns time that happened to come to lothric, converse with lorian at least once then return to the ringed city.

Waifu Souls 2017

Expecto Patronum

>watching someones life fall apart because of their drinking problem
truly saddening

I won't be surprised if that's the very first firekeeper.

If all three pillars of rule became corrupted by the new faith, there wouldn't exactly have been a civil war would there?
Its quite clear that emma (priest pillar) was trying to keep the old faith intact, but lost control of the situation.

>Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD

Didn't know we got new info. Anything juicy here?

>I thought prince lothric refused to link the fire because of the "First of the Scholars" (Sullyvahn, Ludleth, Aldia) told him not to.
Don't engage him. He has no idea what he's talking about, and despite being proven wrong in the last thread, he's still at it again with his badly-thought out asspulled theories.

The entire basis for his whole idea is
-There's feathers in Prince Lothric's bedroom (which could have been from a pillow that exploded in a previous fight there for all we know)
-There's feathers in the mock-birdcage above the archives
-There's feather's on Frampt's angelicized statue
Therefore Frampt in his feathery robes snuck into the archives and convinced the scholars (who were pro-light except for their leader) to side with Oceiros against Oceiros' children, and free the woman trapped in the cage and start a new religion that casts divine miracles based on light, but is actually anti-light.

divine member of the furtive pygmy's family