What made you buy the car you are driving right now?

What made you buy the car you are driving right now?

Your mother

Most reliable option there was

it has the biggest trunk i could find and i hate driving trucks.

I was on craigslist and I saw something that looked pretty cool for not a lot of money... That's pretty much it.

wow, pizzaface but that girl has really nice tiddies for a hungry skellington

>nice tiddies
they look like they came off a 60 year old whore. She clearly does meth.

Someone totalled my brand new KIA in a wreck. I decided it wasn't worth the note and took the insurance money instead of having it repaired, I'm sure they'd have done a shit job anyway. So i bought a shitbox with neat wheels and it's way more fun than the Kia and cheaper too

wanted a diesel truck and something that i could learn to work on myself. ended up buying a 7.3 IDI, had i not i might never have gotten into figuring out how engines work.

Doesn't Opel Insignia has like 1.000L capacity with the back seats folded?

The drifting meme.

My trucks transmission shit the bed and this was $2k.

06'?

That's a nice car nigga. Veeky Forums will shit talking the charger but it's aight

No "she's" got decent tits, I'm more worried about the happy trail on her stomach.

It was cheaper than a V8 swap + transfer case addition so I bought a Ranger instead. Then I bought a land cruiser because I fell for the yota meme.

Make me regret this, user.

Yeah I like it. Had 150k on when I got it but prior owner was nuts with repairs and stuff. He had records of the transmission being serviced every 30,000 miles, same with all the oil change receipts at a dodge dealer.

Right now it's probably gonna need a head gasket replacement and a new cat converter but I'm getting a Veloster Turbo for a daily. This is gonna come off the road and become a project car. Hopefully when it's done I'll have a turbo charged, manual Charger LX. It's something me and my dad wanna do.

mild autism I think

>08'
Good shit then. I had an 06', and the piece of shit would destroy its own water pump every 30000 miles. By the time I had my first water pump replaced was when I found out that every single 06' Charger had the problem.

Thankfully Dodge fixed that shit right away, because I still like the body style quite a lot.

Oh yeah, the LX design is x10 better than the shit they have now.

What kills me is the dip in the doors on the new one. It doesn't even look like a Charger honestly. At least the 06-10 look like a modern styled Charger.

Dodge's marketing campaign really spoke to me.

Tbh if the charger didn't have 4 doors it would look better. I love both though.

cheap as hell and ran plus
lol driving a cop car meme
>95 p71 for 630

Lexus LS 430

Had a second child, and quickly realized that I needed something as reliable as my old TSX, but A LOT larger, but not a truck or a van.

I really wanted the Acura RL or a TL-SHAWD. Even found a 6mt TL-SHAWD, but the lexus popped up nearby, I did a little reading, and it had 50k miles on it, and it fit the car seats better than anything else. So I bought it.

It was a good move. But, honestly the car is a bit larger and floater than I like. Not a complaint. Must a preference. Once the kiddos are older, I'll be trading on a Lexus GS. Hopefully the one with the 5 liter V8. I'm definitely sold on the brand. Have already picked up a CPO rx350 for wife.

Yeah, that's Bella Thorne, and it's glitter.

It was a cheap V6 shitbox in decent shape. It was for sale 2 blocks away from my house too.

ascetics and rarity
shame the engine is so fragile
but its mounting system allows for easy swaps

>inb4 the chrysler transmission shits the bed.

LS1 Powah with a built trans
For less than five grand

170k an no issues so far. Like I said, prior owner had maintenance done on it every 30,000 miles. I've only owned it for about 25k but I had it serviced about 5k ago. Flushed with new fluid and filter.

8th Gen Accord Coupe

Most reliable car I could get with my budget. Also SLIGHTLY less dull than your standard Corolla.

Also its the most fuel efficient car I could find that I could actually fit inside of, being 6'8". Frankly I would have gotten a Miata NC if I were only a few inches shorter.

Everyone says I should get a truck or SUV but god do I hate them, hate them so much.

23 and haven't bought one yet. Pops gave me a 2007 chevy Colorado and i have kept it mint. When i do buy i will probably get a boner just for having electric windows and locks

memes.

I regret it.

Avalon was my college daily

Fucker ran for 250,000 miles before I sold it (still ran, too)

glad to see you with the Lexus team.

Have fun with your boat!

imagine being arnold

Dream car since I was in high school

needed something efficient for uni and the parents were writing the check

Passed up on one of these for a Golf R because I had a mk5 Rabbit that i loved for reliability and momentum fun but was gutless shit. Good to know it was the right decision.

>2013 Camry V6
Because I got tired of shit breaking and wanted enough horsepower to have some fun. I also wanted the ability to move a handful of things/friends. I really wish it had RWD though.

I love the LX design. The new one is so shitty. If I could get the LX design in a hellcat model I'd bust a nut.

>MR2
Dream car, friend's dad had a Tarbo one.
>Civic Hybrid
Reliable econobox

The test drive.

>V8
>400hp
>6 speed
>4 door

Almost no reason to pass it up.

figures youd praise the charger, tyrone-jamal

less than 40k miles
>manual transmission
>lots of options
>clean
>only 4 years old
>got it for 6800$ cash
>04 impreza wagon i originally wanted ended up being a pile of shit and the lot it was at wouldnt budge on the insane price of 7800$

probably wouldnt have paid the 10k they usually go for, but its grown on me and it is fun as hell to drive on twisty roads considering what it is

>w30
>most events are on kart tracks
>featherweight
>looks adorable and happy
>can be 2zz swapped or tarbod
> cheap
>same age as my other car
>no compromises for lightness and handling
>reliable and cheap to fix
>barely uses any fuel
>literal go kart

The need for speed

Well it's an ugly caddy for starters

Nice digits tho

cheapest way to get a 300 horse rwd 6-speed mannytranny in a modern car.

I had an old Mercedes. It was a tad rusty, but it always ran. It had a problem from time to time, but never truly let me down. It was, for me, the perfect commuter when I was studying as it ran quite cheap, was cheap to insure and ran perfectly

After finishing my studies I moved back to my home town, and although I had known for about a year it would be like this; I found that it was not a suitable vehicle for me. .

The winters here are tougher, and I often have to go on roads that havent been plowed
I need to both carry and tow, neither of which the Benz was any good at
I wanted something simpler
I wanted a manual transmission

Thus I started looking at SUVs and pickups, quickly finding that the Nissan Navara would get me the most bang for the buck.

After trying out a few Navaras I made a discovery; they're fucking shit

Thus, after travelling a total of 6.5 hours to look qt a rusty Nissan I made a stop 15 minutes away from my home, with the goal to look at a Toyota Hilux which looked nothing special in the ad, and had been for sale for two months

That Hilux turned out to be in really great condution, and thus it became mine

I'd buy a car for this

It's my mum's old car and I got it for free.

Why does your paint not match on the front bumper?

>cheap
>fun
>aftermarket is insane and very very large
>ls1
>v8
>350hp out of the box
>manual swap cheap and easy
Did i meantion cheap?

love of country and a need for speed

also sexy as fak

Clio I RL from '92
>700€
>Low milleage for her age (french
>Sound system already built

The two downsides where the dented door and the fact it's only 3 door

I used to a E36(328 coupe) that was starting to show it´s age. Dad had a C-class diesel Mercedes with the sportpack, so it´s lowered. Moms knees start to act up, so they need a normal height car. Dad suggest that we swap cars and he trades my old BMW for a new(er) BMW from the official dealer(dealers give you a better deal, around here, if you stay with the brand). So basically I got my Mercedes for 10K€ under the market price. My BMWs trade-in value was 3700€ and the market price for the Mercedes, at the time, was about 14000€. Something about horses, gifts, mouths and looking.
Had: BMW 328i sportcoupe E36 ´95
Have: Mercedes-Benz C220CDI Sportpack ´04

It runs, and I was sick of messing with honda transmissions

hi falcunt

>manual swap cheap and easy
>more expensive than the car itself
>has to pay a workshop to complete the job
Fuck me, you're a natural born shitposter

Falcon was reliable in taxi service and could withstand and average of 700,000km before the engine blew up

It was also cheap, the barra is the single best australian motor ever made and semi-fast so i bought it

>average of 700,000km before the engine blew up
[citation needed]

Couldn't find a decent hot hatch in my price range so I bought a good condition un-hot hatch with a 5-speed instead.

>Good power
>Handles it's weight well (3600lbs)
>Good aftermarket because it shares parts with 370Z
>Good styling
>Decently reliable
>Comfy
>Wanted sedan

Not much really that fits all that for under 15k used other than the IS350, G37, and Taurus SHO. Found a G37 first.

I drive an 04 wrx. couldn't even drive a manual or had a desire to drive one before I got it.

Just before I got it I was watching initial D and fell in love with the color and look buntas car when he was car shopping.

I then started car shopping and after a few months bought the 04 lol. I don't know shit about cars (I'm not even 100% sure where the turbo is located) but I know I absolutely love my car now.

was planning on giving it the sti wing and side skirts but I'm loving it the way it is. not even sure if I will put an exhaust on it (my car is stock) . may have my wheels painted gold though.

ive seen plenty of ex-taxis being ran up to 500-600k on the clock easy and still running, but never past 700 because i presume they're all dead

accept the truth

not that guy but I often see Falcon ex-taxis with close to or above 1 mil on them. that's km btw though

Id rather put money down on a camaro rather than pay cash for a NA lancer

2002 WRX Wagon

Drove an Outback wagon before and decided I wanted the smaller, faster, better-handling version of the car.

I had looked for and driven a Forester XT and an Outback XT but they were all very expensive and didn't handle all that great.

Honestly, I wish I'd kept the Outback - The speed is cool and the turbo really helps in driving around where I do (mountain roads) but the extra room is very nice and the ride is much smoother in the bigger wagon. I also didn't feel as bad about beating the shit out of the Outback, where I care a bit about the WRX. Then again, I only paid $1900 for the outback and $5000 for the WRX, so...

Had to move down south for a job out of uni and my 200k mile Cavalier wasn't going to cut it.
I bought a 2016 Civic ext, but if I had to do it over again I may have gone with a Mazda3 or just gotten a used FJ cruiser or something.
The car's great and all and gas mileage is killer, but I just want something different for some reason.
If the v6 accord were rwd, I'd buy one asap

NB mx5

wanted a good handling 2 door car as i lived in the country,

i was looking at a GTiR pulsar but i couldnt get insurance being under 25,

the mx5 was just as cheap as a hyundai excel for insurance so i went with that, no regrets so far except having to use my mums forester to cart anything around

The hoodcrest

Love at first sight. She's putting said love to the test though.

Nothing, it was a gift

I like Honda reliability, and I like VTEC. If only it were RWD then it would be perfect

poverty

because I crashed my first car.

Clean AF

DESU that is what first caught my attention on those trucks. I just want to get one and take the senpai to drive in movie night and lower the window with the kiddos in the truck bed.

Why do the headlights on this shitbox keep growing on me?

Keep the civic and buy a FJ as a second car before the values start really cranking up.

Values on later ones already started climbing. Early ones are holding in the $14-$18k range with decent miles.

Thanks famalam, just got the paint redone. Gonna work on the wheels soon since they're pretty dirty and curb rashed

It was a running machine for $400 and I'm ameripoor

Wanted a comfy car with air conditioned white leather seats, MT and rwd that could comfortably do 90 on my commute every day. I didn't think I'd ever buy a ferd but it checked all the boxes and they had 0% interest financing, so I went for it.

>0% interest
J e l l y

>comfy car

Are you a small woman?

Have you ever sat in the front of one, or do you just give blowies in the back?

My grandpa handed it down to me for free.

>2003 e60 3.0d
Got it for free, wouldn't say no.
>1995 e36 1.8is
Needed cheap, rwd shitbox.

Bought last year because I had the 3G,2001 version and I wanted something newer

And also because I crashed the first one a couple of times and didn't have the time or want to fix a falling apart car

Divorce

I wanted a mini truck and this came up for 1900

same famalam 2bh

that and I'd always wanted an "old school" Subie wagon to putter around the southwest in a e s t h e t i c a l l y

found a rust free enthusiast-owned qt with most major maintenance done and 0 rust for $1800 and here I am

I think I'll sell it on bringatrailer and buy a RWD sports car again tbqh

>Driving a 2008 Cobalt sedan on a country two lane late at night in Winter.
>Pull over to pee.
>Oh shit those aren't leaves on the ground, they're floating in a flooded ditch.

My dadmobile fell in a ditch and wouldn't come out. Truckbro rolled by and pulled me out. Two days later I traded it for pic related.

My daily: utilitarianism, cheap parts, simple to work on
My weekend car: desire and power

I hope no one walks out that door.

Happy trail? I'm more concerned about that severe acne.